AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 18.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 38.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 25.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-13, 10:53   Link #41
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Well..whoever startes the Miss Claymore thing..i would like to thank u for the idea. Even though i didnt draw everyone's fav choice..i did make my version in the image thread. Guys can check it out if they want.

Anyway, so how is it that i hear Galatea has blue eyes??? it can be the actual color, can it??? And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Teresa's maggot food, but Galatea is a living, breathing Aphrodite without the lovey dovey part, so I can see why people are deserting Teresa's bandwagon for Misses so quickly. /jk
Old 2007-06-13, 11:15   Link #42
pushpaka

Yup, Galatea is the beauty queen. Even her name was probably picked to emphasize that. In Greek mythology, the sculptor Pygmalion set out to create the most beautiful and graceful woman he could imagine in the form a statue and in admiration of his love for this statue, the goddess Aphrodite made Galatea come to life (in some versions, Aphrodite herself appeared to Pygmalion and was the model for Galatea).
Old 2007-06-13, 11:15   Link #43
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

How about ex Miss Claymore then

Well, as much as Galatea is really cool, i still like Miria more than her. Miria is such a good leader...neway...i guess Eclipse will be releasing the episode late..i m dwnloading the RAW..cant wait any longer
Old 2007-06-13, 12:34   Link #44
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

For me, Galatea's nickname is and will be "Glamor Girl" ^_^

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-13 at 15:49. Reason: minor spoiler deleted
Old 2007-06-13, 13:16   Link #45
EasyPrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpaka View Post
Yup, Galatea is the beauty queen. Even her name was probably picked to emphasize that. In Greek mythology, the sculptor Pygmalion set out to create the most beautiful and graceful woman he could imagine in the form a statue and in admiration of his love for this statue, the goddess Aphrodite made Galatea come to life (in some versions, Aphrodite herself appeared to Pygmalion and was the model for Galatea).
Wow! Impressive. I just saw her and was amazed by her beauty and grace. Voice actress truly did an outstanding job. She even spoke gracefully. I looked all over the web and could not find out the actress' name that did the voiceover for Galatea. I am just glad that they did not go with a fast talking high pitch "school girl" sound.

I am beginning to second guess the physical problem with Tressa. I think that, that may have been limited to her. Even if it was not. It is not a big deal. We know that Claymore's leg are fine (we see them all the time). We also know that their shoulder are fine (last episode showed missing attire from shoulder). So we are already in the territory of one-piece bathing suite.

I guess all you need is something to cover up the stomach. Bottom line: I'll do Galatea. No problems here.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-13 at 15:48. Reason: minor spoilers deleted
Old 2007-06-13, 13:21   Link #46
Shinen
深淵の者

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPrey View Post
I looked all over the web and could not find out the actress' name that did the voiceover for Galatea. I am just glad that they did not go with a fast talking high pitch "school girl" sound.
Huh? But you didn't look at the thread right here in the forum? In fact Claymore is *the* series to recommend to all these people that can't take high-pitched japanese voices and believe that all japanese women talk like that ....
Old 2007-06-13, 13:23   Link #47
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well i saw the RAW..
k..i think the MADHOUSE guys did a mistake
We know that the stoomach region of Claymores are supposed to be some disgusting goo. But Miria's Stomacck looked clean in a scene. The part where her clothing was torn clearly showed a clean nice plain stomach.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:23   Link #48
B-day
Yokomo driver

My bad, Galatea suddenly becomes a hot topic.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:27   Link #49
IMSabbel

Quote:
Well i saw the RAW..
k..i think the MADHOUSE guys did a mistake
We know that the stoomach region of Claymores are supposed to be some disgusting goo. But Miria's Stomacck looked clean in a scene. The part where her clothing was torn clearly showed a clean nice plain stomach.
Again my point of view: The "bandits vomit" thing was retconned out by the mangaka later on. It will never be picket up again, or refered to in any way.
Old 2007-06-13, 13:31   Link #50
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Not really, I was pretty sure the unsightly view was supposed to be from the chest area, not the stomach region, and I have my own personal theories regarding such things.
Old 2007-06-13, 14:19   Link #51
zetsumei

Quote:
And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Never!

Lol. I can't wait to watch this episode now...with all this Galatea talks >_>; and how hot she is. haha~
Old 2007-06-13, 14:47   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Because no matter how beautiful she was, Theresa's most prominent feature was her terrifying strength. With Galatea, it's her beauty.
Old 2007-06-13, 14:56   Link #53
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

oi oi...Teresa is all about beauty. Infact she is the only one who never ever showed her monster face. Infact she is the only Claymore ever to be named for their physical attributes and not their fighting technique. Galatea looks beutiful because she is being projected that way. Plus she never had to face that bi**h Priscilla. No matter how many Claymores come, none can beat Teresa's personality IMO. Teresa always stayed her beautiful self even while dying
Old 2007-06-13, 15:17   Link #54
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I still say that the stomach region should be applied to Teresa only. At least until Helen shows Raki a thing or two and then we have Raki's reaction to work with. Just because Teresa had it there doesn't mean that all of the Claymore girls have their 'disgusting feature' on their stomach.

Anyway, as for the ep. Miria love all around. So many good scenes to get avatars from too. And now the Fab 4 is born.

I never got into Gatalea for some reason.... Maybe because I saw her working with the Ewok Bandage Man first off...
Old 2007-06-13, 16:58   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well I think I was among the first to use the term Miss Claymore when talking about the Galatea. The reasons why Miss Claymore is her and noone else is pretty simple.

* She has the hottest character design of all the claymores.

So Miss Claymore, Glamor Girl, Cover Girl whatever = Galatea.

Back to the stomach thing, could that have been a Teresa only thing?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-13 at 17:31. Reason: spoiler deleted
Old 2007-06-13, 17:04   Link #56
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Galatea personality would seems to suggest that she is like a court lady, elegant and sophisticated belle of high order. Like someone pointed, she is based on Greek mythology of a perfect lady in every sense. This would suggest the author intended to make her that way and in future episodes, she will be something a dichotomy. A highly exalted beauty who seem out of place with Claymore business. Galatea feels like a supermodel who actually have proficiency to pick up AK-47 and good with it.

Theresa, while beautiful, she is more practical and never considered how she look. She has the down to earth persona, a kind of girl from next door feel.
Old 2007-06-13, 17:14   Link #57
B-day
Yokomo driver

So much talk about Galatea- Miss Claymore, but she only gets 9 votes vs Teresa 46 votes in the "favorite character in claymore" thread. So many people prefer "Girl next door" than "Supermodel"
Old 2007-06-13, 17:22   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Wait until the second character poll thread, Miss Claymore will show you *shakes fist*
Old 2007-06-13, 17:32   Link #59
B-day
Yokomo driver

Can't wait to see Miss Claymore in action(with AK-47 and swimsuit) in future episodes, so exciting.
Old 2007-06-13, 18:35   Link #60
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because no matter how beautiful she was, Theresa's most prominent feature was her terrifying strength. With Galatea, it's her beauty.
teresa is beautiful in every way! she is perfection...and with just one trait i dont think that Galatea can even stand close to her

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread