AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 18.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 38.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 25.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-13, 10:53   Link #41
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Well..whoever startes the Miss Claymore thing..i would like to thank u for the idea. Even though i didnt draw everyone's fav choice..i did make my version in the image thread. Guys can check it out if they want.

Anyway, so how is it that i hear Galatea has blue eyes??? it can be the actual color, can it??? And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Teresa's maggot food, but Galatea is a living, breathing Aphrodite without the lovey dovey part, so I can see why people are deserting Teresa's bandwagon for Misses so quickly. /jk
killer3000ad is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 11:15   Link #42
pushpaka
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Yup, Galatea is the beauty queen. Even her name was probably picked to emphasize that. In Greek mythology, the sculptor Pygmalion set out to create the most beautiful and graceful woman he could imagine in the form a statue and in admiration of his love for this statue, the goddess Aphrodite made Galatea come to life (in some versions, Aphrodite herself appeared to Pygmalion and was the model for Galatea).
pushpaka is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 11:15   Link #43
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
How about ex Miss Claymore then

Well, as much as Galatea is really cool, i still like Miria more than her. Miria is such a good leader...neway...i guess Eclipse will be releasing the episode late..i m dwnloading the RAW..cant wait any longer
__________________
toxic_trance is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 12:34   Link #44
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
For me, Galatea's nickname is and will be "Glamor Girl" ^_^

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-13 at 15:49. Reason: minor spoiler deleted
Mentar is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:16   Link #45
EasyPrey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpaka View Post
Yup, Galatea is the beauty queen. Even her name was probably picked to emphasize that. In Greek mythology, the sculptor Pygmalion set out to create the most beautiful and graceful woman he could imagine in the form a statue and in admiration of his love for this statue, the goddess Aphrodite made Galatea come to life (in some versions, Aphrodite herself appeared to Pygmalion and was the model for Galatea).
Wow! Impressive. I just saw her and was amazed by her beauty and grace. Voice actress truly did an outstanding job. She even spoke gracefully. I looked all over the web and could not find out the actress' name that did the voiceover for Galatea. I am just glad that they did not go with a fast talking high pitch "school girl" sound.

I am beginning to second guess the physical problem with Tressa. I think that, that may have been limited to her. Even if it was not. It is not a big deal. We know that Claymore's leg are fine (we see them all the time). We also know that their shoulder are fine (last episode showed missing attire from shoulder). So we are already in the territory of one-piece bathing suite.

I guess all you need is something to cover up the stomach. Bottom line: I'll do Galatea. No problems here.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-13 at 15:48. Reason: minor spoilers deleted
EasyPrey is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:21   Link #46
Shinen
深淵の者
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 深淵
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPrey View Post
I looked all over the web and could not find out the actress' name that did the voiceover for Galatea. I am just glad that they did not go with a fast talking high pitch "school girl" sound.
Huh? But you didn't look at the thread right here in the forum? In fact Claymore is *the* series to recommend to all these people that can't take high-pitched japanese voices and believe that all japanese women talk like that ....
Shinen is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:23   Link #47
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Well i saw the RAW..
k..i think the MADHOUSE guys did a mistake
We know that the stoomach region of Claymores are supposed to be some disgusting goo. But Miria's Stomacck looked clean in a scene. The part where her clothing was torn clearly showed a clean nice plain stomach.
__________________
toxic_trance is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:23   Link #48
B-day
Yokomo driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coke-Cola land
My bad, Galatea suddenly becomes a hot topic.
B-day is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:27   Link #49
IMSabbel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Well i saw the RAW..
k..i think the MADHOUSE guys did a mistake
We know that the stoomach region of Claymores are supposed to be some disgusting goo. But Miria's Stomacck looked clean in a scene. The part where her clothing was torn clearly showed a clean nice plain stomach.
Again my point of view: The "bandits vomit" thing was retconned out by the mangaka later on. It will never be picket up again, or refered to in any way.
IMSabbel is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 13:31   Link #50
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Not really, I was pretty sure the unsightly view was supposed to be from the chest area, not the stomach region, and I have my own personal theories regarding such things.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 14:19   Link #51
zetsumei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 自分の天獄
Quote:
And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Never!

Lol. I can't wait to watch this episode now...with all this Galatea talks >_>; and how hot she is. haha~
__________________
zetsumei is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 14:47   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Because no matter how beautiful she was, Theresa's most prominent feature was her terrifying strength. With Galatea, it's her beauty.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 14:56   Link #53
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
oi oi...Teresa is all about beauty. Infact she is the only one who never ever showed her monster face. Infact she is the only Claymore ever to be named for their physical attributes and not their fighting technique. Galatea looks beutiful because she is being projected that way. Plus she never had to face that bi**h Priscilla. No matter how many Claymores come, none can beat Teresa's personality IMO. Teresa always stayed her beautiful self even while dying
__________________
toxic_trance is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 15:17   Link #54
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
I still say that the stomach region should be applied to Teresa only. At least until Helen shows Raki a thing or two and then we have Raki's reaction to work with. Just because Teresa had it there doesn't mean that all of the Claymore girls have their 'disgusting feature' on their stomach.

Anyway, as for the ep. Miria love all around. So many good scenes to get avatars from too. And now the Fab 4 is born.

I never got into Gatalea for some reason.... Maybe because I saw her working with the Ewok Bandage Man first off...
Tempest35 is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 16:58   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Well I think I was among the first to use the term Miss Claymore when talking about the Galatea. The reasons why Miss Claymore is her and noone else is pretty simple.

* She has the hottest character design of all the claymores.

So Miss Claymore, Glamor Girl, Cover Girl whatever = Galatea.

Back to the stomach thing, could that have been a Teresa only thing?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-13 at 17:31. Reason: spoiler deleted
Westlo is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 17:04   Link #56
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Galatea personality would seems to suggest that she is like a court lady, elegant and sophisticated belle of high order. Like someone pointed, she is based on Greek mythology of a perfect lady in every sense. This would suggest the author intended to make her that way and in future episodes, she will be something a dichotomy. A highly exalted beauty who seem out of place with Claymore business. Galatea feels like a supermodel who actually have proficiency to pick up AK-47 and good with it.

Theresa, while beautiful, she is more practical and never considered how she look. She has the down to earth persona, a kind of girl from next door feel.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 17:14   Link #57
B-day
Yokomo driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coke-Cola land
So much talk about Galatea- Miss Claymore, but she only gets 9 votes vs Teresa 46 votes in the "favorite character in claymore" thread. So many people prefer "Girl next door" than "Supermodel"
B-day is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 17:22   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Wait until the second character poll thread, Miss Claymore will show you *shakes fist*
Westlo is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 17:32   Link #59
B-day
Yokomo driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coke-Cola land
Can't wait to see Miss Claymore in action(with AK-47 and swimsuit) in future episodes, so exciting.
B-day is offline  
Old 2007-06-13, 18:35   Link #60
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Because no matter how beautiful she was, Theresa's most prominent feature was her terrifying strength. With Galatea, it's her beauty.
teresa is beautiful in every way! she is perfection...and with just one trait i dont think that Galatea can even stand close to her
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.