AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-07, 16:58   Link #3881
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I guess now fight is over lol.

Looks like disciples will be disciples forever.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 17:19   Link #3882
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Sakaki trolling Yami members as it was nothing
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 08:34   Link #3883
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Hmm, Sakaki reveal is fun, although it does removes a lot of the tension. Sure, master class minister is strong, but against Sakaki he's still underclassed. Personally I prefer that Sakaki doesn't intervene too much, and let the group of the disciples work together to defeat the master. It may seems impossible, but so does what it seems on the fight against Kanou, and it's the struggle that makes it exciting to watch...almost no chance of that happening though, there's not enough build up for such a climax, and the previous fight seems enough to highlight Shinpaku's growth.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 13:49   Link #3884
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Sakaki is overprotecting Kenichi!
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 16:16   Link #3885
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
^ Probably because he and the other masters knew that Kenichi would get himself into trouble trying to help them.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 16:37   Link #3886
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
I said that because Sasaki is very hard on the surface, but he has a weak core for Kenichi...

BTW, Thor's line: "Chubby men won't flee" was epic!
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 17:35   Link #3887
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
More like chubby men can't flee.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 17:58   Link #3888
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
I've always loved this series. However, ever since the thing with Yami and the armed division started, I feel it's gone downhill a bit. Mostly because they keep bringing in these Master and Grand Master class people, where Kenichi and co. have to keep getting bailed out by the teachers. It's kind of annoying and I feel it's stunted the growth of the disciples. The only really good part we've had in awhile (outside of Shigure's nekkidness) was the fight with Koukin.

@Mizuno: I'm afraid you're right about the disciples being disciples forever. I have a bad feeling that when this manga ends, Kenichi will still be a disciple fighting other lowbies while the Masters fight all the important battles. There's no way in heck Kenichi could ever take on Miu's father at the rate he's going. He'd need another 1000+ chapters the get strong enough (and that might not even be enough). I think in the end, it'll be Superman vs Miu's father with Kenichi fighting some nobody disciple on the side.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 18:15   Link #3889
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
More like chubby men can't flee.
Well, he could try, hm, rolling down the mountain?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 19:05   Link #3890
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I've always loved this series. However, ever since the thing with Yami and the armed division started, I feel it's gone downhill a bit. Mostly because they keep bringing in these Master and Grand Master class people, where Kenichi and co. have to keep getting bailed out by the teachers. It's kind of annoying and I feel it's stunted the growth of the disciples. The only really good part we've had in awhile (outside of Shigure's nekkidness) was the fight with Koukin.

@Mizuno: I'm afraid you're right about the disciples being disciples forever. I have a bad feeling that when this manga ends, Kenichi will still be a disciple fighting other lowbies while the Masters fight all the important battles. There's no way in heck Kenichi could ever take on Miu's father at the rate he's going. He'd need another 1000+ chapters the get strong enough (and that might not even be enough). I think in the end, it'll be Superman vs Miu's father with Kenichi fighting some nobody disciple on the side.
I agree with you on the group having to be bailed out from these constant meetings with Masters from YAMI, but it goes to show how far Kenichi and co have to go to be up with that level. Also, if you have noticed, there seems to be a shortage of disciples from that arms-division that Kenichi and co could fight. There has been only two introduced from that division, and both were beaten in one panel (Chikage beats the spear girl, Kenichi beats dreadlocks disciple). Plus, for some reason the YAMI arms-division masters have not been up to par with the masters of Ryouzanpaku. The only one that could possibly be a threat wound up taking a hoe and is somewhere plowing the fields of Japan with joy.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 19:49   Link #3891
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I've always loved this series. However, ever since the thing with Yami and the armed division started, I feel it's gone downhill a bit. Mostly because they keep bringing in these Master and Grand Master class people, where Kenichi and co. have to keep getting bailed out by the teachers. It's kind of annoying and I feel it's stunted the growth of the disciples. The only really good part we've had in awhile (outside of Shigure's nekkidness) was the fight with Koukin.

@Mizuno: I'm afraid you're right about the disciples being disciples forever. I have a bad feeling that when this manga ends, Kenichi will still be a disciple fighting other lowbies while the Masters fight all the important battles. There's no way in heck Kenichi could ever take on Miu's father at the rate he's going. He'd need another 1000+ chapters the get strong enough (and that might not even be enough). I think in the end, it'll be Superman vs Miu's father with Kenichi fighting some nobody disciple on the side.
Look at the title of the manga

Kenichi's battle will be against Miu... i thought that would be real when she meet Shou. Don't forget, Miu's nature can turn her against Kenichi.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 19:57   Link #3892
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
If there was a weapons user that was on par with Kenichi, then Kenichi would wind up a bloody mess, possibly with his tendons cut.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 00:30   Link #3893
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If there was a weapons user that was on par with Kenichi, then Kenichi would wind up a bloody mess, possibly with his tendons cut.
oh don't worry, Akisame would just patch him up and have him completely healthy wthin hours.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 01:47   Link #3894
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yeah if a man can be revived with a hole in him then cut tendons are nothing... the only thing left is for limbs to be stitched back together.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 09:28   Link #3895
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
You forgot Sakaki's trick... the one when he pulls his internal organs inside his ribcage so he can be stabbed several times in the abdomen just for the lulz....
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 17:31   Link #3896
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I said that because Sasaki is very hard on the surface, but he has a weak core for Kenichi...

BTW, Thor's line: "Chubby men won't flee" was epic!
Sakaki is tsundere for his disciple. He pretends to be all tough and hard, but he really cares about Kenichi. I think the same goes for all his masters. They'll pretend that they don't care, while giving Kenichi hell.

I thought that was obvious by now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 17:48   Link #3897
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Sakaki is tsundere for his disciple. He pretends to be all tough and hard, but he really cares about Kenichi. I think the same goes for all his masters. They'll pretend that they don't care, while giving Kenichi hell.

I thought that was obvious by now.
Lol, very true. Though some of the masters take giving Kenichi hell to the extreme, they have shown to really care for the guy. Plus, when one of the masters is Shigure, wouldn't anybody endure that hell just knowing that they might be able to share a hot spring with her.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 18:21   Link #3898
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Sakaki is the more tsundere one though. If I remember correctly, Ma was teasing him in one chapter.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 21:28   Link #3899
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
BTW, Thor's line: "Chubby men won't flee" was epic!
Epic true, but meaning quite opposite, not that they wont flee, but cant. Because when chubby men flee they completely expose there backs and become a running balloon thats easy to pop.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 01:03   Link #3900
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
just how the hell did Sakaki get that hand in to pull the noob master back so that Kenichi can hit him?

I mean if he did it by rushing in and pulling then hiding back without any one seeing, including the noob master. Then his speed must be epic even for a master level, and he has never been shown to be extremely fast.

IF it was done via some sort of long distance skill, then the manga just went one step higher in terms of chi attacks and kung fu fantasy....
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.