AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-05-11, 06:50   Link #4061
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The Sakaki vs Akira match is going to be epic. I can just see the GAR oozing. But for once, I don't want our Ryouzanpaku master to win.
Yes!!i agree whit you, Sakaki vs Akira is epic fight, Akira is a bit different than the other Master, kenichi noted a different aurea around Akira, and the Elder finally Start to' tell Miu of her past,i wont to' know, because her father, kill her mother..
Is time to' Kenichi, start training from The Elder seriously.
Haa,Shigure.......
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 07:52   Link #4062
Dj0rel
True Believer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
LoL Shigure, you are such win

"I was treated... as a Woman <3" XD
Kenichi, quickly remind Shigure that you also don't like to fight girls.
Dj0rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 08:24   Link #4063
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
If Kenichi tells her he think of her as a woman -> score!
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 08:35   Link #4064
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Kenichi : Siblings... Shigure: couple....Kenichi: siblings..Shigure: couple
Kenichi, don't miss this women, she has much to' teach,Not just martial arts..
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 09:13   Link #4065
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Akira Hongo is one hell of a beast.

Even the Jesus Elder is calling him dangerous.

Definitely he comes after One Fist and that big breasted young looking old lady-
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 10:19   Link #4066
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
glad at turn of events. so many times it seems the good guys will hide info from the heroes for TOO long and they find out the information from the worst people possible at the worst times and always makes the hereos made and confused and ect towards the good guys.

nice to see that the elder will be the one telling storise and not some villian telling them stuff
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 14:22   Link #4067
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
So now it's development times for Miu's past , finally
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 10:16   Link #4068
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Touchumaru = epic...
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:14   Link #4069
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
So last week I had a urge to finally get back into this series, I stopped around 250-270 somewhere, since I could quite pinpoint I went back and reread the entire series but only after rewatching the anime for my 2nd time ever.

It was a good thing I rewatched the anime first, totally relight my love for this series. Def made reading the manga alot more enjoyable.

I'd like to point out I totally never knew this before but I realized after watching that Akisame sounded very very familiar but couldn't quite place it, so looked up his VA and lo and behold it's Arlong(from One Piece) VA

We sooooooo need another anime for this series.

Anyway moving on.

I honestly thought of giving up rereading this series but after 30 odd chapters I just had to keep going and did so till the latest chapter.

The best thing about this series is the Masters, the fact that they aren't just secondary characters that would get their obligatory big fight when their time comes and are instead a big focus of the story is great.
Also throw in the GAR, the EPIC-ness, the HAWT-ness(in the case of the female masters) and in the case of the Ryouzanpaku lot, down right hilarious

Picking a favorite Master is the hard part but I think going with the anime as well, Akisame would be my fav, his humor gets to me the most as he is supposed to be the serious one.

NAIVE!

They really were prefect with the VA cast for the Ryouzanpaku Masters in the anime.

Can't believe it took me so long to get back into this series, I've got no excuses.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 15:25   Link #4070
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
So last week I had a urge to finally get back into this series, I stopped around 250-270 somewhere, since I could quite pinpoint I went back and reread the entire series but only after rewatching the anime for my 2nd time ever.

It was a good thing I rewatched the anime first, totally relight my love for this series. Def made reading the manga alot more enjoyable.

I'd like to point out I totally never knew this before but I realized after watching that Akisame sounded very very familiar but couldn't quite place it, so looked up his VA and lo and behold it's Arlong(from One Piece) VA

We sooooooo need another anime for this series.

Anyway moving on.

I honestly thought of giving up rereading this series but after 30 odd chapters I just had to keep going and did so till the latest chapter.

The best thing about this series is the Masters, the fact that they aren't just secondary characters that would get their obligatory big fight when their time comes and are instead a big focus of the story is great.
Also throw in the GAR, the EPIC-ness, the HAWT-ness(in the case of the female masters) and in the case of the Ryouzanpaku lot, down right hilarious

Picking a favorite Master is the hard part but I think going with the anime as well, Akisame would be my fav, his humor gets to me the most as he is supposed to be the serious one.

NAIVE!

They really were prefect with the VA cast for the Ryouzanpaku Masters in the anime.

Can't believe it took me so long to get back into this series, I've got no excuses.
I'ts because you were busy....., with Tsukiumi
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 19:05   Link #4071
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Did the Elder just fly in this week's chapter? Sure looked like it. Also used a super breath ability like Superman. I'm thinking there's a chance we might see a detour and we might not see Akira Hongo and Sakaki just yet. As one of the strongest, they might wait. We'll see next chapter what the next arc is about. Also got some real shots of Saiga this chapter instead of that re-used silhouette. Thought he would have had blonde hair, but he still might since it was darkened out. I feel as though even the Elder doesn't even know Saiga might have killed her...but they're giving the impression that she was just abandoned now.

Last edited by Excelion; 2011-05-17 at 22:03.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 20:41   Link #4072
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Just finished reading 430.
Spoiler for Chapter 430:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 21:03   Link #4073
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Haha... well at least Kenichi finally told Miu about the deal he had with the Elder, which means he confessed to Miu again. That should keep her away from the dark side.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 22:07   Link #4074
FDW
AH.com Ambassador
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area
You know, I've always wondered why Viz won't bring this series to the US…
__________________
Blame Thande!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 22:42   Link #4075
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
You know, Saiga kinda reminds me of Akuma or Evil Ryu who's consumed by the bloodlust wave. His love for fighting and possibly killing has prevented him from seeing his true self and what's important to him.

And I'm pretty sure Miu's family name is not Sairenji but Saiyanji... rofl, the Elder literally flew there like Piccolo.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 22:50   Link #4076
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
The way this was told i get the feeling that Miu's mother was killed by Saiga to end the fighting. The again it's not absolutely confirmed that it was even saiga who killed her. sure it was shown her muttering for him as she was killed but that might be more of a desire to see him again rather than it being Saiga who killed her.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 23:26   Link #4077
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
^ It looked like Saiga that dealt the blow. And maybe it's the hair, but I keep thinking of Berserker whenever I see the silhouette of Saiga or younger elder. Anyway, I think the translator was thinking "schism" instead of feud. And I think we found ourselves the next level of opponents for Kenichi once he's done with YOMI.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 23:45   Link #4078
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^ It looked like Saiga that dealt the blow. And maybe it's the hair, but I keep thinking of Berserker whenever I see the silhouette of Saiga or younger elder. Anyway, I think the translator was thinking "schism" instead of feud. And I think we found ourselves the next level of opponents for Kenichi once he's done with YOMI.
maybe that is why he remains shadowed out in all his pictures. It's meant to be deceiving and make us think it was him. If there was none shadow then it would be too obvious.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 00:23   Link #4079
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Saiga loved birds and animals... and Kenichi loves flowers... For what reason the elder accepted Kenichi, perhaps he looked like Saiga at that age?.

What was in the letter that Shizuha send to the elder?.

Kenichi finally dares to face the elder because of Miu, that was epic and the most brave thing from Kenichi

In ch192, Shizuha called the guy who killed her: Dear... and the shadow looks a lot like Saiga's in the last chapter.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 00:54   Link #4080
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
What was in the letter that Shizuha send to the elder?.
Though the chapter doesn't show it, I believe it's something along the lines of "My clan has undergone a schism. Saiga and I are fighting for our lives. I think it's time you learned this."
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.