AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-03, 04:04   Link #4301
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Wasn't Hongo referred to as One-something? Or was I just misreading things?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 05:09   Link #4302
qwertzu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Wasn't Hongo referred to as One-something? Or was I just misreading things?
His disciple Sho was chosen to be the successor (sp?) of Yami and some translation was kind of messed up and said that Hongo was the chosen one.

Maybe you are refering to that?
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 12:09   Link #4303
Keeper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
A little while ago I rewatched Kenichi anime again for third or fourth time and also decided to take a plunge into the manga since I was getting tired of waiting new season. Gotta say that this manga is pretty awesome and seeing all those fights animated in the future (I can always hope!) should be even more awesome.

It's been pretty fun to see Kenichi's progress since the Ragnarok arc and he's steadily catching up to Miu. About damn time I'd say, even if realistically Miu has been training martial arts at least ten times longer than Kenichi.

Spoiler for Apachai:

Spoiler for Developments:


Bah, after reading about 300 chapters(?) in a few days, I'm annoyed as I now have to wait a week to read next one. It's worth it though. It's surprising that Kenichi doesn't reallly seem to be that popular manga.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 15:36   Link #4304
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Wasn't Hongo referred to as One-something? Or was I just misreading things?
No, just the God Fist. (And a member of the One Shadow Nine Fists).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 18:40   Link #4305
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Damn what a BOSS chapter. The characters literally bled from all the GARness
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:03   Link #4306
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Damn what a BOSS chapter. The characters literally bled from all the GARness
Lol, so very true.
Very action packed chatper this week.
Spoiler for Fight 442:


Lol, in all honesty the mangaka needs to make one-shot volumes of each master if he wants this series not be taken up in flashbacks. Amazing to say, there were no fanservice shots of any of the series girls in this chapter but were treated to alot of action.
__________________
sigpic81007_2
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:06   Link #4307
passenger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Very nice chapter
Spoiler:
__________________
not a native speaker. sorry for the poor ingrish.

Last edited by passenger; 2011-08-16 at 19:08. Reason: Little mistake with names
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:42   Link #4308
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Sakaki is gonna lose that fight, obviously.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:56   Link #4309
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Though short, it was a great chapter... it actually made my eyes a little watery. D8
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:05   Link #4310
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Though short, it was a great chapter... it actually made my eyes a little watery. D8
Did it hit that emotionally?

I thought Hongo was epic cool in his youth, if Sakaki fought that guy first, before Hongo, I believe he would of died right than.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 03:36   Link #4311
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Wow...See Sakaki cry in the end...was strange....thinking of his character.i did not expect to see such a scene..like this...
However..Suzuki.., was really strong..if not was for his handicap.., i'm not sure who would have survived to the end...
Hongo......one it...one kill.....i just want to see.how they get their respective scars in the face...and because Hongo didn't kill Sakaki..
If I'm not mistake, in the end, only a past of Akisame has not yet been revealed..and i'm curios because Akisame was the best friend of Saiga....
However..,finish this battle..., i hope the author will focus on Kenichi..must be a master's level against the Saiga disciple...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:11   Link #4312
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Terminal illnesses strike again!
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 09:48   Link #4313
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Wow...See Sakaki cry in the end...was strange....thinking of his character.i did not expect to see such a scene..like this...
However..Suzuki.., was really strong..if not was for his handicap.., i'm not sure who would have survived to the end...
Hongo......one it...one kill.....i just want to see.how they get their respective scars in the face...and because Hongo didn't kill Sakaki..
I'm not sure. My intepretation was that both Hongo and Sakaki were holding back initially. Hongo only turned serious at the end when he decided to honour Suzuki's wish. Thus he was drawn with the aura.

I suspect the end result is that it was a draw, but Sakaki considered it a loss since he is not able to "save" Hongo.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 10:09   Link #4314
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
I'm not sure. My intepretation was that both Hongo and Sakaki were holding back initially. Hongo only turned serious at the end when he decided to honour Suzuki's wish. Thus he was drawn with the aura.

I suspect the end result is that it was a draw, but Sakaki considered it a loss since he is not able to "save" Hongo.
Mmm,in the chapter 431, page 16..Sakaki tell to the Elder, the scar on his face,is a memento from last defeat(126 losses,125 win) with Hongo, and tell the Elder that Hongo probably believes because he is a part of the Satsu-Jinken,he lost because he didn't kill Sakaki...and in the page 17, Sakaki says: "we have prepared to this day,to continue the last battle that we both lost"

I just want to see, because Hongo don't kill Sakaki...

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-08-17 at 10:20.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:03   Link #4315
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter is out.

Spoiler for :
__________________
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:17   Link #4316
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Finally finished reading 443. Very interesting chapter. From the looks of it, the next chapter is set for release on Sept. 14.
Spoiler for 443:
__________________
sigpic81007_2
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:24   Link #4317
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am starting to like Hongo and his revolves, Sakaki is meh... selfish indeed
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 21:52   Link #4318
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Well, in the end everyone is selfish.

Hongo surely feels that Sakaki is even more so, because he doesn't use his full reportoire of moves against him, even they are killing moves.
Loled @ how Sakaki thought the life for Suzuki should look like...indeed selfish ;D

Well, i am still rooting for Hongo.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 00:11   Link #4319
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Considering how Sakaki is still alive, technically he's been right all along. Both Sakaki and Hongo had the chance to find new disciples and pass on their martial arts because they survived.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 04:01   Link #4320
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
This was a nice chapter....the next in september...noooooooo


seems Hongo for now is in advantage...because even this time, Sakaki want beat Hongo, without his killing move...
I'm curious to see how Sakaki win ... (if he wins)....
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.