AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-13, 17:02   Link #4681
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Ho man...spoiler for 460...
Spoiler:



Edit: complete translation on this chapter..
Spoiler:



Spoiler...
Spoiler:
Spoiler for chapter 460:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:19   Link #4682
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler for chapter 460:

Spoiler:
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:29   Link #4683
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:49   Link #4684
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-01-13 at 18:06.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:13   Link #4685
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:46   Link #4686
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:56   Link #4687
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:06   Link #4688
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:22   Link #4689
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
i think you guys want kenichi to be a dark hero but he is not , kenchi is more like spiderman not batman . i think kenichi is good the way he is and as long as he succeeds his mission all good for me . i also knew miu was always holding back because there was no one araund her lvl , in a way miu is just like kenichi they both has strict limiters . jenzad opened muis limiter by erasing her memory , muis loneliness is also because there isnt any martial artist araund her lvl . i think in this fight if kenichi can raise to mius lvl he can save her but other then that there seems no way .
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:45   Link #4690
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 21:44   Link #4691
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Spoiler:
Seriously? We've only seen a glimmer of Miu go all out on Kenichi and he was getting his ass handed to him. His only saving grace was a tit grab and we all seen how that worked this time around...

As far as Kenichi being inconsistent, how so? He goes into a fight, gets his ass handed to him. Does some training to fix what he was lacking then fights and wins. It's been rinse and repeat for quite sometime and stopped around 300 something IIRC correctly. Since then it's all been him watching his master's backs or they come and rescue him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 21:49   Link #4692
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
i thnk most people who read this manga dont know what kind of fighter kenichi is ; kenichi is a durable defencive fighter with one hit kills so i dont see him loosing against miu as everyone says , as long as kenichi can get one hit in he can win i think .
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:05   Link #4693
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Seriously? We've only seen a glimmer of Miu go all out on Kenichi and he was getting his ass handed to him. His only saving grace was a tit grab and we all seen how that worked this time around...
Kenichi has never seriously fought against a woman. Good luck getting him to take a fight with Miu seriously. Even getting him to spar originally proved a momentous challenge.

Quote:
As far as Kenichi being inconsistent, how so? He goes into a fight, gets his ass handed to him. Does some training to fix what he was lacking then fights and wins. It's been rinse and repeat for quite sometime and stopped around 300 something IIRC correctly. Since then it's all been him watching his master's backs or they come and rescue him...
Try reading the entire post next time. You would have seen that besides powerscaling issues I brought up the vast difference in treatment between men and women characters.

I brought up the Shou fight. The Shou fight is important because Kenichi's performance vastly outclassed Miu's. What happened following the fight? The Kenichi - Miu dynamics went back to the status quo, as though the fight never happened. It's not the first time the author has done such a thing. For example, the author spent several chapters going "Kenichi is above Disciple-class now!"... Only for for him to change his mind with how characters still assert that Kenichi is still Disciple-class.

Another problem is the difference in treatment between men and women. Anytime a man - like Kenichi - gets into a major fight he's bruised, battered, and a bloody mess. We see the damage. What happens when a female fights? Major attacks leave no apparent damage and clothes are shredded for the sake of fanservice. If you want an example go reread Renka vs Rachel.

Kenichi is only as strong as the plot demands and a constant victim of inconsistent powerscaling. Furthermore, his "fights" with females have always been lackluster. These reasons are all the more compelling for why incidents such as the one he's having with Miu currently are poor fights that cannot be taken seriously.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:55   Link #4694
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
FYI, it's not like your first post was a freaking wall of text like this one, so your didn't read it all statement is moot...

You think Kenichi could hand Miu her ass because he beat Shou one time? Every fighter has different styles. Do you think he could beat Chikage then? I'm tired of spinning my wheels on this rather pointless subject since he would never voluntarily fight a female. I disagree on the Kenichi vs Miu outcome which is fine just as you think I'm wrong which is also fine. Were allowed to have different opinions...

As far as Miu and any female never getting battered or bruised in any fight. Does her getting her clothes shredded count which you also pointed out? We all know why that is now don't we. The author needs that fan service to keep the readers titillated to distract us from the stalled out plot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 00:50   Link #4695
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
As we all bash our heads against the wall due to Kenichi getting technically down-powered after all that he's done, I can see one reason why it's been happening: if it didn't, the manga title would be incorrect. Put simply, Kenichi's starting to run out of opponents to face. Yes, we have Chikage still left, but I'm not sure how many more members of YOMI are still left (or heck, even of YAMI, at this rate). And since we're running out of the disciples that are YOMI, that leaves all the YAMI masters... and while Kenichi has faced the masters before, he'd no longer be just a "Disciple" if he's able to start beating masters. Actually, I think it was said many pages ago that the YAMI stuff is all bullcrap, because they're masters and there's barely anyone left that's on Kenichi's level.

Hence, commence the Miu arc. Not only is Miu definitely somewhere between disciple and master, but the manga-ka is probably doing a huge throw-back to Chapter 1: Make Miu always one step ahead of Kenichi, at a level higher than him so that he still needs to constantly train and fight to try and reach her level (I'm not saying this throwback is a good thing, by the way). This is why Miu is whooping Kenichi's ass: she's one of the few opponents that's not Master class and therefore is still within this manga's realm of possiblity for kenichi to face and have half a chance at beating. And as for Chikage... do you really think the author is going to show Kenichi taking on that loli?

And I'm going to call it here:
Spoiler for a prediction which hopefully will not happen...:
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 04:10   Link #4696
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
As we all bash our heads against the wall due to Kenichi getting technically down-powered after all that he's done, I can see one reason why it's been happening: if it didn't, the manga title would be incorrect. Put simply, Kenichi's starting to run out of opponents to face. Yes, we have Chikage still left, but I'm not sure how many more members of YOMI are still left (or heck, even of YAMI, at this rate). And since we're running out of the disciples that are YOMI, that leaves all the YAMI masters... and while Kenichi has faced the masters before, he'd no longer be just a "Disciple" if he's able to start beating masters. Actually, I think it was said many pages ago that the YAMI stuff is all bullcrap, because they're masters and there's barely anyone left that's on Kenichi's level.

Hence, commence the Miu arc. Not only is Miu definitely somewhere between disciple and master, but the manga-ka is probably doing a huge throw-back to Chapter 1: Make Miu always one step ahead of Kenichi, at a level higher than him so that he still needs to constantly train and fight to try and reach her level (I'm not saying this throwback is a good thing, by the way). This is why Miu is whooping Kenichi's ass: she's one of the few opponents that's not Master class and therefore is still within this manga's realm of possiblity for kenichi to face and have half a chance at beating. And as for Chikage... do you really think the author is going to show Kenichi taking on that loli?

And I'm going to call it here:
Spoiler for a prediction which hopefully will not happen...:
I doubt he'll ever fight Chikage, unless Mikumo tires of Kenichi's presence around her disciple and puts her foot down. Aside from that, there's still Ogata's disciples to contend with, and one of them is Berserker. He was tough enough in Ragnarok, imagine him trained by a master, and Ogata no less. Serious suckage for Kenichi. Then there'll be the rematch against Hermit, which the latter desires with a passion. That only leaves Kajima, who's basically the evil opposite of Kenichi, and will be his toughest opponent in the manga, and most likely his last. I can foresee him and Kajima duking it out while Hayato and Saiga have their long-awaited duel to decide the future of marital arts.

While it may seem Kenichi's running out of opponents, as you said, he won't be running out of troubles. Something big will happen after Jenazad and Hongo go down, most likely the Eternal Sunset. This is not over, not even close.

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2012-01-14 at 05:27.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 04:49   Link #4697
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler:




Spoiler:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Kenichi is only as strong as the plot demands and a constant victim of inconsistent powerscaling.
Yes..i agree..this is like the problem that his character hasn't grow up a bit since the manga start..and for me..is bad..the fact that the Author make Kenichi strong in a fight..and after the fight is over..and he win..Kenichi power turn like first the fight start..Kenichi has the worst stable power..but it, is because his character..and after 450 ch..has to change it..if this not change..we could see kenichi.towards the end of the manga..say again:blade are scary and bla bla bla....and is time to stop it..
__________________

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-01-14 at 05:22.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 05:36   Link #4698
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 05:50   Link #4699
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 09:20   Link #4700
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
The scan for 460 has been released. Very entertaining chapter.
Spoiler for 460:
__________________
sigpic81007_2
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.