AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-15, 02:17   Link #6041
Esclair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I was thinking more DBZ, especially when Kenichi said it'd make him lighter.
Found what I'm talking about. I think this page might be the granddaddy of this trope. Notice the way Seiya throws off his armor.

Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-15, 11:57   Link #6042
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Found what I'm talking about. I think this page might be the granddaddy of this trope. Notice the way Seiya throws off his armor.

I see what you mean. I haven't actually read Seiya, but that certainly looks familiar.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 14:48   Link #6043
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by draxdeveloper View Post
i Bet that they will go to the other disciple fights, then Saiga, then masters then Kenichi again...
why???? YY, focus in just one plz!

Also, no one is coming here anymore????
He's switching because he's trying to drag things out as long as possible. I don't really think Matsuena has ever had much of a plan and honestly, the disciple fights mean nothing anyway. The only important fights are the masters and the fact that they're fighting for the same of the world. The petty little fights between the weak disciples is just a side-joke, imo. No one should really care about a few teens during it out when there's a world changing battle going in elsewhere. Kenichi is basically Krillan from DBZ right now-- he's a joke and an unneeded character in the grand scheme of things. His development, which has already stagnated to the point of non-existence, means very little. It's what happens when you place characters the main hero has no hope of ever fighting as the main villains of the series. It's bad writing, imo.

Which is why I haven't read a chapter is a while, though I do check in every now and then to see how things are going. This used to be one of my favorite series until it slowly started going downhill after DofD.

And no one's coming here because there isn't much to say every week... From what I gather, it's just a bunch of screaming, nudity and blurry right scenes.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 12:18   Link #6044
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Wait, what? So in a short period of time, Kenichi got 1) Seikuken lv3 2) Ki Holding 3) livesaving fist? I like seeing him being a badass but my suspension of disbelief does have limits.

Also, that weird connection he had with everyone when he was on the verge of losing... I'm not sure what that was about, but it seemed to show everyone he had made a connection with (either as friend or enemy, he seems to have that effect on people).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 12:43   Link #6045
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Yeah, it seems like Bleach levels of ass pull... The author used to do a great job of showing Kenichi's slow, but steady growth. Now he just gets a random power up of so many chapters of no growth at all.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 12:47   Link #6046
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I think we're at the end of the manga here, so it'd be appropriate he becomes master level in his final fight. Long time coming.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 13:23   Link #6047
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
It's what happens when you place characters the main hero has no hope of ever fighting as the main villains of the series. It's bad writing, imo.
Pretty much every main villain in a shounen manga is someone the MC can't beat. Usually, the MC makes up for it somehow or other. IN this case, his masters handle it instead of him. It's a pretty novel tactic actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Wait, what? So in a short period of time, Kenichi got 1) Seikuken lv3 2) Ki Holding 3) livesaving fist? I like seeing him being a badass but my suspension of disbelief does have limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah, it seems like Bleach levels of ass pull... The author used to do a great job of showing Kenichi's slow, but steady growth. Now he just gets a random power up of so many chapters of no growth at all.
It's like how you guys haven't been reading the manga at all. This is the same pattern that virtually all of Kenichi's fights have gone through. He gets in a pinch, and he uses some technique he learnt from his masters in the past to win.

As for Kenichi's growth, why on Earth are you complaining about it after all this time?Kenichi getting stronger at an extremely rapid pace has been going on since the beginning.

Quote:
Also, that weird connection he had with everyone when he was on the verge of losing... I'm not sure what that was about, but it seemed to show everyone he had made a connection with (either as friend or enemy, he seems to have that effect on people).
They sensed his ki fading. It was established that high level disciples could do that around 100 chapters ago.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 13:34   Link #6048
Hassou Tobi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
We must be nearing the end of the manga, because we finally...
Spoiler for spoiler:
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 14:15   Link #6049
kakarotlssj
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Wait, what? So in a short period of time, Kenichi got 1) Seikuken lv3 2) Ki Holding 3) livesaving fist? I like seeing him being a badass but my suspension of disbelief does have limits.

Also, that weird connection he had with everyone when he was on the verge of losing... I'm not sure what that was about, but it seemed to show everyone he had made a connection with (either as friend or enemy, he seems to have that effect on people).
Seikuken lv 3 is nothing but ryuusui seikuken (where he interrupts opponent's flow and attacks himself) which he has been using since kanou battle, only that he can start interrupting the flow later into the battle when he has understood opponent's breathing and heart. So there is no surprise there. The life saving fist is him just putting together Ki Holding and Mubyoshi so its not such a big deal either. The only thing that was ass pull was him gaining Ki holding and skipping the most difficult phase Ki Kaihou like it was nothing. Especially Ki holding being a master class skill, but I really enjoyed seeing Kenichi going all out and gaining something new after so long as Miu has gone ahead a lot since Tidat arc.
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 16:47   Link #6050
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarotlssj View Post
Seikuken lv 3 is nothing but ryuusui seikuken (where he interrupts opponent's flow and attacks himself) which he has been using since kanou battle, only that he can start interrupting the flow later into the battle when he has understood opponent's breathing and heart. So there is no surprise there. The life saving fist is him just putting together Ki Holding and Mubyoshi so its not such a big deal either. The only thing that was ass pull was him gaining Ki holding and skipping the most difficult phase Ki Kaihou like it was nothing. Especially Ki holding being a master class skill, but I really enjoyed seeing Kenichi going all out and gaining something new after so long as Miu has gone ahead a lot since Tidat arc.
First off Miu has been ahead of him by a country mile from the beginning of the series and that really hasnt changed that much. As for the chapter this is a fight that has gone to levels of asspull almost as bad as Bleach as was already said and worst part is like naruto every new move isnt new its just a more advanced version of a skill he already has which is lame.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 19:15   Link #6051
dazo
english for dummies level
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi View Post
We must be nearing the end of the manga, because we finally...
Spoiler for spoiler:
it's was about time

Quote:
As for the chapter this is a fight that has gone to levels of asspull almost as bad as Bleach as was already said and worst part is like naruto every new move isnt new its just a more advanced version of a skill he already has which is lame.
yeah.
..i don't know what i am seeing anymore.....

...........i am just expecting the end of these battles....so i can see a little of plot development
__________________
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 11:58   Link #6052
Algent
IDTI, IDTI.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Age: 24
Spoiler for chap581:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 12:34   Link #6053
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Spoiler for 581:
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:23   Link #6054
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
So........... Is he dead?
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:39   Link #6055
dazo
english for dummies level
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
the chapter is out, so i don't see a reason for the spoiler tag

about the chapter..i am a little disappointed with miu dad(and all the fake dad sub plot), maybe is just me, but the fake dad just appear of nowhere....

Quote:
So........... Is he dead?
nah .. wrong series, man...

he is alive....lets put away the fact that he just punched a missile.....he cant just die...were is the sad back story , or the emotional farewell....

edit:

in any case....this is almost the end of this manga..right?
__________________
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:41   Link #6056
amtro
Grammar Nazi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Well, that's one way to stop a rocket.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:58   Link #6057
Somethindarker
The Man.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
the chapter is out, so i don't see a reason for the spoiler tag

about the chapter..i am a little disappointed with miu dad(and all the fake dad sub plot), maybe is just me, but the fake dad just appear of nowhere....



nah .. wrong series, man...

he is alive....lets put away the fact that he just punched a missile.....he cant just die...were is the sad back story , or the emotional farewell....

edit:

in any case....this is almost the end of this manga..right?
Next chapter is the end of the arc. The author said the story will be resolved after 2-3 more arcs. He also said he has a few ideas for a sequel after taking a 2 year break when this story ends. We Superman now.
__________________
Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.
<img src=images/as.global/smilies/smile.gif border=0 alt= title=Smile class=inlineimg />
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:04   Link #6058
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi View Post
We must be nearing the end of the manga, because we finally...
Spoiler for spoiler:
I didn't noticed that , what page is it?
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:18   Link #6059
bearzerger
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I didn't noticed that , what page is it?
I'm pretty they've been on display for the last three or so chapters.
bearzerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:30   Link #6060
dazo
english for dummies level
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
The author said the story will be resolved after 2-3 more arcs
are you serious?..2-3 arcs....
but..what more can happen(with a relative coherent explanation..)....*aliens*

Quote:
few ideas for a sequel after taking a 2 year break when this story ends.
oh come on.....
__________________
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.