AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-19, 16:22   Link #921
kuppy123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
The next arc proves that the best cure for cowardice is a raging erection ;D I'll Just leave that there for your own imaginations....
kuppy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 16:47   Link #922
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I feel sorry for Natsu-chan. Poor guy gets no respect from the penguin siblings.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 16:53   Link #923
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Chapter 282 is the first one in along time for this manga that I didn't like at all.

Spoiler:
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:00   Link #924
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Honoka just owns, I think she's a cute little sister. She listens like a dog to her big brother.

And a Honoka x Natsu seems inevitable. The guy's already wipped anyway.

And Kenichi was unlucky, the masters interfered with his first kiss.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:03   Link #925
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Honoka just owns, I think she's a cute little sister. She listens like a dog to her big brother.

And a Honoka x Natsu seems inevitable. The guy's already wipped anyway.

And Kenichi was unlucky, the masters interfered with his first kiss.
lol, I think "Whipped" really is the right word to describe their relationship. lol
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:25   Link #926
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Chapter 282 is the first one in along time for this manga that I didn't like at all.

Spoiler:
Technically Shou had the potential to kill Kenichi in one shot as well, if it wasn't for Shigure's chainmail vest Kenichi WOULD have died at the start of the fight. While Shou is the more skilled fighter, Tirwat played a psychological game with Kenichi, one that took advantage of one of Kenichi's most noticable traits, his kindness.

The reason Kenichi defeated Shou wasn't because Kenichi was more skilled, it was because of Kenichi's unnatural toughness (thanks to his Masters), but against someone like Tirwat, whose offensive power was clear from the start of the fight, that toughness amounts fo nothing.

Second, the getting "killed" thing is a very important part of the story, because this is the first time an opponent has ever brought him to death's door.
Apachai has done it by accident before, but this was an enemy trying to kill him.

This is a Shounen, we know Kenichi will survive, and be the victor in the end, but it's the journey, not the destination that makes a story interesting.
Reading the beginning and the end of the book doesn't tell you the story in between.

As for Miu, in all honesty with Kenichi's growth and the inactivity of Yomi at school it isn't surprising she let her guard down. Even Nijima (who is suspicious to the core) did not see them targeting Kenichi first. She is at fault for letting her guard down, but under the circumstances, it is understandable.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:28   Link #927
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Against Miu, as the Elder pointed out, he tries going too deep, thus the reason it doesn't work.

Tirwat is one example, the pure power of his technique forces Kenichi to be pushed back by the technique instead of nullifying it.
Proper Ryusui Seikuken is like making all the opponents attack slipping by, not blocking it like that, Kenichi just did not execute it properly. After all, he just recently mastered it, and has little experience about ancient Muay Thai.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, i was also wtf when i saw Kenichi down like that too. But it still has logic in it, consider it was a very surprising attack, and Ancient Muay Thai attack is deadly. I think it created a shock at his heart and making his organs malfunction, and endurance has little to do about this. So still acceptable for me. Remember, Shou could have finished Kenichi in 1 hit if he hadn't had his chainmail

About Miu. When she still had clothes on, Kenichi met Daimonji. Then she chit chat, changed clothes, when Kenichi rushed to Tirawit, fighting underling. Then he chatted with Tirawit a little bit, down after several exchanges (about.. 3minutes?) So we can say that Miu waited for him at the school gate for around 3-4 minutes, not too bad actually.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-11-19 at 17:43.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 17:32   Link #928
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Kenichi never stopped defending himself against Shou. So maybe the hits weren't as solid or accurate as when Tirawit sucker punched him.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 19:26   Link #929
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Chapter 282 is the first one in along time for this manga that I didn't like at all.

Spoiler:
lol it is surprising how what you posted is exactly the opposite of what i think about this chapter.

For starters this chapter felt much more realistic and serious than... well the rest of the series.

The truth is that until now for Kenichi beeing able to win his fights it was all thanks to his godly masters and because his opponents were nice ppl that lost to Kenichi's sense of justice and kindness. It is illogical for someone that was considered weak even among normal ppl to compete agaisnt diciples that have trained for almost all their lifes with just some months of training. Even Shou lost to Kenichi because of that and not because of actual skill.

Tiawat might not have been stronger than Shou but unlike Shou, he fought Kenichi without restraining himself. Kenichi did get stronger but winning the D&D made him a bit overconfident (ex. during the sport festival when he was about to throw the iron ball) and forget that he was still a newbie in the martial arts world. Loosing a fight can be the end of his life as a martial artist or just another test to become even stronger than before.

He is called the strongest Disiple and not the strongest martial artist for some reason.... a disiple is constantly learning and training in order to master his skills. The title is simply the objective he is aiming for.

And about Miu not being there to save Kenichi like she always did.... well im glad she didnt cause after all Kenichi's reason for enduring all the hardships is to be able to protect Miu... it is kind of insulting for Kenichi if she is protecting him all the time and it would be impossible for their relationship to go any further.
__________________
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:20   Link #930
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
lol it is surprising how what you posted is exactly the opposite of what i think about this chapter.

For starters this chapter felt much more realistic and serious than... well the rest of the series.

The truth is that until now for Kenichi beeing able to win his fights it was all thanks to his godly masters and because his opponents were nice ppl that lost to Kenichi's sense of justice and kindness. It is illogical for someone that was considered weak even among normal ppl to compete agaisnt diciples that have trained for almost all their lifes with just some months of training. Even Shou lost to Kenichi because of that and not because of actual skill.

Tiawat might not have been stronger than Shou but unlike Shou, he fought Kenichi without restraining himself. Kenichi did get stronger but winning the D&D made him a bit overconfident (ex. during the sport festival when he was about to throw the iron ball) and forget that he was still a newbie in the martial arts world. Loosing a fight can be the end of his life as a martial artist or just another test to become even stronger than before.

He is called the strongest Disiple and not the strongest martial artist for some reason.... a disiple is constantly learning and training in order to master his skills. The title is simply the objective he is aiming for.

And about Miu not being there to save Kenichi like she always did.... well im glad she didnt cause after all Kenichi's reason for enduring all the hardships is to be able to protect Miu... it is kind of insulting for Kenichi if she is protecting him all the time and it would be impossible for their relationship to go any further.
I'm mainly pissed Kenichi died. Thats the end, you can't protect anyone when you're dead period. Then to use some retarded plot device to bring him back to life is stupid. If something like thats gonna be used it should be in the final chapter after the main bad guy is defeated, not after losing to some halfassed stooge who is presumably at least 2 ranks below Shou who Kenichi has already defeated.

I'm having a hard time seeing where the manga is going from here now. How can you make any fight from here on matter when someones actually killed the main character already?
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:24   Link #931
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
People should wait till they explain why Kenichi couldn't defeat Kouken, before flying off the bar and get pissy over it. It's not a skill thing its a mental thing.

Also, Kenichi defeated Shou because he had to protect Miu. Its been repeated several times that Kenichi is most powerful when he's protecting someone.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:43   Link #932
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
I'm mainly pissed Kenichi died. Thats the end, you can't protect anyone when you're dead period. Then to use some retarded plot device to bring him back to life is stupid. If something like thats gonna be used it should be in the final chapter after the main bad guy is defeated, not after losing to some halfassed stooge who is presumably at least 2 ranks below Shou who Kenichi has already defeated.

I'm having a hard time seeing where the manga is going from here now. How can you make any fight from here on matter when someones actually killed the main character already?
Hmm you are fixed on the "kenichi died" thing but in reality he was never dead from the begining since both akisame and apachai were there. Like they said... they didnt wanna intervene in a disiple fight.. also meaning it was a competition and not a death match. And... if you wanna count the times kenichi died start from the first day he started training in Ryouzanpakou....

Being defeated in a fight doesnt mean the end of the world... remember that russian shadow fist master simply escaped when he noticed that he wasnt able to win against Akisame...
__________________
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:57   Link #933
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
I'm mainly pissed Kenichi died. Thats the end, you can't protect anyone when you're dead period. Then to use some retarded plot device to bring him back to life is stupid. If something like thats gonna be used it should be in the final chapter after the main bad guy is defeated, not after losing to some halfassed stooge who is presumably at least 2 ranks below Shou who Kenichi has already defeated.

I'm having a hard time seeing where the manga is going from here now. How can you make any fight from here on matter when someones actually killed the main character already?
You sure Tirawit is AT LEAST 2 ranks below Shou? Not to mention his psychology trick. And this time he was defeated because he's still weak, mentally.

Second: Kenichi did not die. His heart had a shock -> no pulse. Akisame simply gave another shock to make it beat again. It's not like he was dug up from the ground.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:17   Link #934
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Second: Kenichi did not die. His heart had a shock -> no pulse. Akisame simply gave another shock to make it beat again. It's not like he was dug up from the ground.
That's still counts as beeing dead. You don't have to be in a coffin under the ground to be dead. He was temporary dead, all they did was reanimate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
You sure Tirawit is AT LEAST 2 ranks below Shou? Not to mention his psychology trick. And this time he was defeated because he's still weak, mentally.
This part I agree with completely.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:19   Link #935
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Resuscitation exist, I hope some of you know this...
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:33   Link #936
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Well the upcoming mini-arc with Shigure should help Kenichi get over his fears. As for the eventual rematch with Tirwrat, Kenichi should learn from this defeat and not fall for the same tatics again.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:52   Link #937
OliverTwist
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
You sure Tirawit is AT LEAST 2 ranks below Shou? Not to mention his psychology trick. And this time he was defeated because he's still weak, mentally.
I make that assumption because Shou was the leader to begin with and once he died someone else other then Tirawit was promoted. Maybe it's not true, but I don't really have anything else to go off yet...

Anyways I'm done ranting about it. This is still one of my favorite mangas, I just don't want to see it turn into something where death means absolutely nothing, it just cheapens the whole thing imop.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 22:06   Link #938
kuppy123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Proper Ryusui Seikuken is like making all the opponents attack slipping by, not blocking it like that, Kenichi just did not execute it properly. After all, he just recently mastered it, and has little experience about ancient Muay Thai.




Yeah, i was also wtf when i saw Kenichi down like that too. But it still has logic in it, consider it was a very surprising attack, and Ancient Muay Thai attack is deadly. I think it created a shock at his heart and making his organs malfunction, and endurance has little to do about this. So still acceptable for me. Remember, Shou could have finished Kenichi in 1 hit if he hadn't had his chainmail

About Miu. When she still had clothes on, Kenichi met Daimonji. Then she chit chat, changed clothes, when Kenichi rushed to Tirawit, fighting underling. Then he chatted with Tirawit a little bit, down after several exchanges (about.. 3minutes?) So we can say that Miu waited for him at the school gate for around 3-4 minutes, not too bad actually.
Lets put this into perspective shall we? Remember the D of D tournament? Remember when Kenichi fought that Chinese dude 1 on 1 and won by countering him with that punch when the Chinese dude rushed right into it at full speed? Well the same principle applies here, except Kenichi ran full speed into Tirawit's knee. So think about it this way: Kenichi took a knee to his sternum with all of his own body weight and momentum behind it. That's normally a killing blow. If anything is surprising it should be the fact that he's up and walking around in no time at all. His rib cage should have collapsed in on itself, and crushed the organs underneath normally.
kuppy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 23:38   Link #939
ser4
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
that is just depressing thinking about it i wonder how kenichi is going to rid himself of the shock of "dying" any one read the raws?
ser4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 23:51   Link #940
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
I make that assumption because Shou was the leader to begin with and once he died someone else other then Tirawit was promoted. Maybe it's not true, but I don't really have anything else to go off yet...
.
I think it's true. We saw Tirawit playing chess with the new Yomi leader after he killed Kenichi, and the Kajima wondering if he was next. Tirawit is close to Shou Kano's level, if not better.

Kenichi could have been defeated as easily by Shou. When Shou attacked him after mauling Shinpaku, Kenichi only blocked a killing blow by having seen where Takeda was hit. The second time, the chainmail saved him. And for the rest of his fight, even though Shou pounded him, Kenichi at least partially blocked everything. Unlike here where he took Tirawit's best strike completely undefended.

It just shows that a weaker opponent can win if he's more mentally focused. That's the theme of most sporting upsets of the past millenium .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Yeah, i was also wtf when i saw Kenichi down like that too. But it still has logic in it, consider it was a very surprising attack, and Ancient Muay Thai attack is deadly.
Agreed. Also, Shou trained in all the martial arts that Kenichi had seen (karate, kempo, jujitsu, muay thai). At one point in the fight, Shou went for a karate chop saying that he had been trained by the greatest karate master, the God-hand. And Kenichi blocked it responding that his karate master, Sakaki shio, was the greatest.

However, Kenichi hasn't gotten any training in ancient Muay Thai to prepare him for Tirawit. Although I expect Apachai to teach him before the rematch.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-20 at 13:34.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.