AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-12, 10:43   Link #1301
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
It seems to me that Miu is hyped too a point where she's too perfect.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 14:24   Link #1302
servidor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Monterrey
You have to remember that the romantic interests of the main character in this genre, is usually the ideal woman or girl for the author of the story.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 15:08   Link #1303
Baka Ronin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Well, after reading this week's manga release, I Don't see them getting any closer. Though Takeda is looking a bit more cool.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 21:14   Link #1304
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
Well, after reading this week's manga release, I Don't see them getting any closer. Though Takeda is looking a bit more cool.
Because they are are a Baka Couple.

Kenichi is still "weak legs" in asking her out.

Miu is still clueless about her feelings.

So as long has neither made a declaration Kenichi is fair game.

Aww hell if Shigure wasn't restraining herself because he is her disciple (like he would ever touch a weapon) and in consideration of Miu's feeling she would have had him bag and tagged.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 21:25   Link #1305
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Because they are are a Baka Couple.

Kenichi is still "weak legs" in asking her out.

Miu is still clueless about her feelings.

So as long has neither made a declaration Kenichi is fair game.

Aww hell if Shigure wasn't restraining herself because he is her disciple (like he would ever touch a weapon) and in consideration of Miu's feeling she would have had him bag and tagged.
Literally or figuratively?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 21:30   Link #1306
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Probably both.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 22:12   Link #1307
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
But still I do understand that he is really really afraid to confess to her, I mean they are both clueless about love and Miu does have feelings for Kenichi but doesnt show it or doesnt know it

And if he all of a sudden confesses to her or at some point, due to her lack of love knowledge and experience so she might turn him down on instinct even though she most likely doesnt want to turn him down because she loves him.

But its not like i dont want him to confess, its just he hasent pushed forward enough.

I do think that Kenichi is all talk when he says he wants to be protect Miu whom he loves.

He has even notes that Miu has gone deep into the martial arts world, but he hasnt notes that in order to protect her he has to go even deeper.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 22:46   Link #1308
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
But still I do understand that he is really really afraid to confess to her, I mean they are both clueless about love and Miu does have feelings for Kenichi but doesnt show it or doesnt know it

And if he all of a sudden confesses to her or at some point, due to her lack of love knowledge and experience so she might turn him down on instinct even though she most likely doesnt want to turn him down because she loves him.

But its not like i dont want him to confess, its just he hasent pushed forward enough.

I do think that Kenichi is all talk when he says he wants to be protect Miu whom he loves.

He has even notes that Miu has gone deep into the martial arts world, but he hasnt notes that in order to protect her he has to go even deeper.
Well it isnt that easy to just throw your life away for a girl that you dont even know likes you.... and remember Kenichi already went as far as to be targeted by the biggest evil organization in the world and all for the sake of who? ....

It is also true that Miu, by the way she was brought up, might not be able to accept the feelings of anyone that isnt stronger than her and could actually protect her, no matter how much she likes him. That might have been what happened when Kano Shou showed up and confessed his love to her... it is just like when her reflexes kick in when someone touches her shoulders from behind...

so the only one to blame is the elder.... but it might be easier and more correct to say Miu is a difficult girl to get but definitly someone worth it....
__________________
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 23:48   Link #1309
Isekaijin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
It is also true that Miu, by the way she was brought up, might not be able to accept the feelings of anyone that isnt stronger than her and could actually protect her, no matter how much she likes him. That might have been what happened when Kano Shou showed up and confessed his love to her... it is just like when her reflexes kick in when someone touches her shoulders from behind...
But I'm starting to believe Kenichi is actually stronger than Miu. In the fight against Kano, I can't really imagine Miu defeating him. She lost against him once, and he didn't used his full power even when Miu felt into the darkness. Kenichi, in the other hand, forced Kano to use all the tricks under his sleeve and to use the Seido Goui to it's limits, despite knowing how it would end.

I think Kenichi had surpassed Miu at one point in the D of D, but because he never fought seriously with her (and probably never will) both still think Miu is stronger.

Anyways I expect Miu to realize that in a near future, so she will accept Kenichi's feelings and let him protect her from her evil dad.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 01:43   Link #1310
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
I think Kenichi is stronger then Miu in terms of physical strength yeah then he might be stronger then Miu, in terms of skill I highly doubt that, you have to remember that she trains with Kenichi so it doesnt mean that she was just standing around doing nothing. Besides she still have room to grow even the elder said so.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 02:05   Link #1311
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I don't think Miu is able to defeat Kenichi if he uses Seikuken. Anyway, none of this really matters. Kenichi will never spar seriously with her.

Who do you guys think is the weakest in YOMI, I'm gonna have to say the Lucho Libre twins. I mean seriously... wrestling?
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 04:41   Link #1312
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
+1 for Kenichi beeing stronger then Miu. And Kenichi confessing to Miu, it's damn time it happens especially since it was heading that direction with the elder saying more or less that he'll have to confess to Miu. Though we can easely guess the answer he'll receive atm if he does confess. Miu seems far from admitting that her feelings for Kenichi are romantic though she's possesive as hell over him.

I kind of hope she'll fight Kushinada and gets owned since Kushinada is much cuter then her. Miu's been to much pictured as the perfect girl and she needs a loss fast though it's to bad that Kushinada ain't really the best person for Kenichi to proof that he's able to protect Miu. I don't want to see an other lame fight between Kenichi and a girl.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 05:47   Link #1313
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
But I'm starting to believe Kenichi is actually stronger than Miu. In the fight against Kano, I can't really imagine Miu defeating him. She lost against him once, and he didn't used his full power even when Miu felt into the darkness. Kenichi, in the other hand, forced Kano to use all the tricks under his sleeve and to use the Seido Goui to it's limits, despite knowing how it would end.

I think Kenichi had surpassed Miu at one point in the D of D, but because he never fought seriously with her (and probably never will) both still think Miu is stronger.

Anyways I expect Miu to realize that in a near future, so she will accept Kenichi's feelings and let him protect her from her evil dad.
Kenichi lacks experience.... Kenichi won his fights thanks to a combination of luck, physical endurance and most of the time when his opponents lost the will to go all out... Yes in a competition were therhe are rules and remember he always had ppl giving him advices and support he is "strong" but as we can see from the few times he was taken into the martial arts world, that is a world were anything can happen and honestly i dont think Kenichi isnt strong enough to protect Miu in that world.


My guess is that the guy in the wheelchai is the weakest... kano said that he was used as a test subject by him own master in order to make a technique for himself.
__________________
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 08:44   Link #1314
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Kenichi lacks experience.... Kenichi won his fights thanks to a combination of luck, physical endurance and most of the time when his opponents lost the will to go all out... Yes in a competition were therhe are rules and remember he always had ppl giving him advices and support he is "strong" but as we can see from the few times he was taken into the martial arts world, that is a world were anything can happen and honestly i dont think Kenichi isnt strong enough to protect Miu in that world.


My guess is that the guy in the wheelchai is the weakest... kano said that he was used as a test subject by him own master in order to make a technique for himself.
The D of D tournament had no rules.

Anyway, you don't remember Ryuuto? Thats mr. wheelchair. Miu can't even touch him.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 09:41   Link #1315
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The D of D tournament had no rules.

Anyway, you don't remember Ryuuto? Thats mr. wheelchair. Miu can't even touch him.
That is so true. Does that mean that a lame Ryuuto can beat a standing Kenichi?!

By the way, I'm still waiting after months of chapters for the return of..............BERSERKER!!! When he arrives that will be SO awesome. Under Ryuuto with talent alone...put that with training and wham! Instant threat XD
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 09:54   Link #1316
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
It seems to me that not only has Ryuuto not been weakened by being wheelchair bound but like every other disciple he's gotten stronger. I don't think you should assume that just because Kenichi beat him once that he can do so again just look at his fights with Boris to show that levels aren't static. This is one of the reasons why despite everyone's doubts I think Takeda is going to push Kenichi into fighting seriously and probably match him at that level.

As for Kenichi vs Miu I don't think it'll ever be resolved as Kenichi will never fight Miu seriousley, she's getting stronger as time goes by and they hardly ever fight the same opponents. I'd say he's stronger because he beat Shou but there were so many circumstances that allowed Kenichi to operate at an above average level in that fight that I don't think it's reflective of his powerlevel. If Kenichi masters Ryu Seikuken and Miu doesn't develop some special move capable of deafeating it then maybe he might be stronger.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 10:38   Link #1317
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
That is so true. Does that mean that a lame Ryuuto can beat a standing Kenichi?!

By the way, I'm still waiting after months of chapters for the return of..............BERSERKER!!! When he arrives that will be SO awesome. Under Ryuuto with talent alone...put that with training and wham! Instant threat XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
It seems to me that not only has Ryuuto not been weakened by being wheelchair bound but like every other disciple he's gotten stronger. I don't think you should assume that just because Kenichi beat him once that he can do so again just look at his fights with Boris to show that levels aren't static. This is one of the reasons why despite everyone's doubts I think Takeda is going to push Kenichi into fighting seriously and probably match him at that level.

As for Kenichi vs Miu I don't think it'll ever be resolved as Kenichi will never fight Miu seriousley, she's getting stronger as time goes by and they hardly ever fight the same opponents. I'd say he's stronger because he beat Shou but there were so many circumstances that allowed Kenichi to operate at an above average level in that fight that I don't think it's reflective of his powerlevel. If Kenichi masters Ryu Seikuken and Miu doesn't develop some special move capable of deafeating it then maybe he might be stronger.
Ryuuto has definately gotten stronger, I don't doubt that for one second. Although Kenichi's Seikuken is superior as he achieved the ultimate form of Seikuken that only Sei types can learn. Miu herself said so.

I actually enjoyed the Boris fights, as its been pointed out that in that Fight, Kenichi was the superior fighter, and it was Boris who was the underdog of the fight. But Kenichi was oblivious to it, since Kenichi has always been in Boris' position.

I think Takeda has gotten better, but not to the level you think he is. Kenichi will probably go in underestimating him and getting pushed to being more serious. Thats my prediction. But if Kenichi uses his Seikuken, Takeda won't stand a chance.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 10:55   Link #1318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You also have to take into account fighter types. Kenichi's strong against guys who face him head on, like Boris or even Shou. That's where the physical conditioning his masters inflicted on him plays most, and his lack of talent for techniques least. Tricky opponents, or opponents who keep dodging and countering, like Miu or the Chinese guys, will give him a lot more trouble.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 11:13   Link #1319
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You also have to take into account fighter types. Kenichi's strong against guys who face him head on, like Boris or even Shou. That's where the physical conditioning his masters inflicted on him plays most, and his lack of talent for techniques least. Tricky opponents, or opponents who keep dodging and countering, like Miu or the Chinese guys, will give him a lot more trouble.
That is true, but his Ryusei Seikuken will compensate for it as he doesn't "look" for the attack, instead he feels it thus nullifying the attacks.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 11:16   Link #1320
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
His Ryusei Seikuken is incomplete enough for Boris to break through it, and is completely useless against Miu, and possibly anyone with a rack. Poor guys is too easily distracted.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.