AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-18, 17:45   Link #1361
Baka Ronin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Now THAT is a miniskirt
__________________
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 03:37   Link #1362
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Lol, now imagine that and what Renka wears to fight finally clashing together. You pretty much know that clothing will be ripped and torn apart, but I am wondering how much will be ripped off with so little of it covering certain areas.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 03:41   Link #1363
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Lol, now imagine that and what Renka wears to fight finally clashing together. You pretty much know that clothing will be ripped and torn apart, but I am wondering how much will be ripped off with so little of it covering certain areas.
Don't get your hopes up. HSD is famous for sudden fog and a cock blocking mouse appearing at the most important times.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 05:16   Link #1364
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I could be wrong but I never had the impression that this war only restarted due to Ryozanpaku taking on a disciple since this war been going on for ages and they are far from fighting only through disciples. The masters are fighting Yomi itself to and they would've had stopped them doing their filthy bussines if Kenichi arrived or not. And that's why it's my impression that Kensei could've ended up at Ryozanpaku due to circumstances with Yomi since Ryozonpaku was shown before as the counterbalance to Yomi. I don't think he just ended up their to neglect his parental responsibilities and everyone is entitled to his own opinion and I respect your opinion that you got such a nice view of how a parent-child bond should be but I want to give Kensei the benefit of the doubt.
Seems to me that prior to getting a disciple the masters would only encounter YAMI while on whatever missions they went on and then only occasionally. With them taking on a disciple YAMI has decided to prove their superiority by having their disciples crush Ryozanpaku's. Most of the Mster/Master fights have sprung from Kenichi's fights rather than Masters seeking battle with each other.

-------------------------------------

Renka and Rachel wear far too little to allow for clothing ripping battle. At best Renka will recieve the same damage she suffered during Apachai's fight with the Human Calamity and RTachel might lose the pointless skirt and cape. Anything more would result in creative censoring of the most extreme variety.
__________________

Last edited by M.I.P.; 2008-12-19 at 05:33.
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 08:39   Link #1365
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 24
Anyone know if the releases stop during christmas and new year ?


Quote:
Renka and Rachel wear far too little to allow for clothing ripping battle. At best Renka will recieve the same damage she suffered during Apachai's fight with the Human Calamity and RTachel might lose the pointless skirt and cape. Anything more would result in creative censoring of the most extreme variety.
Bat-kun ^_^
__________________
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 08:44   Link #1366
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Anyone know if the releases stop during christmas and new year ?




Bat-kun ^_^
You called??

Shonen Sunday will be published on the 24th next week and then the following issue will probably be published on January 7th.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:06   Link #1367
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-ring View Post
you called??
rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 22:06   Link #1368
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Seems to me that prior to getting a disciple the masters would only encounter YAMI while on whatever missions they went on and then only occasionally. With them taking on a disciple YAMI has decided to prove their superiority by having their disciples crush Ryozanpaku's. Most of the Mster/Master fights have sprung from Kenichi's fights rather than Masters seeking battle with each other.
The importancee of one letter, but kind of obvious I meant Yami. And Sasaki taking out that French assasin & Akisame taking out Alexander, Shizune vs those of Yami all didn't sprung from Kenichi's fights. Which master fight did sprung from Kenichi's fights?
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 06:25   Link #1369
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Apachai vs the human fatality
Kensei vs Spark's father
Akisame vs Alexendar was as much a result of Akisame hating Alexedar's treatment of Boris as it was a mission from the Russian authorities.

Meh I suppose when push comes to shoves it's been rather mixed but events have picked up since they took on Kenichi
__________________
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 12:41   Link #1370
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Is there a release tomorrow?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 12:41   Link #1371
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Apachai vs the human fatality
Kensei vs Spark's father
Akisame vs Alexendar was as much a result of Akisame hating Alexedar's treatment of Boris as it was a mission from the Russian authorities.

Meh I suppose when push comes to shoves it's been rather mixed but events have picked up since they took on Kenichi
Apachai vs human fatality =/= Yami. Chinese maffia I thougth....

Akisame vs Alexander, he didn't start fighting Ogata cause he used Ryūto, so I highly doubt he would've went out for Alexander on his own when he didn't either for Ryūto. So no, don't try to say it was also due to his feelings since we have a prior more nasty example where he didn't do it.

Kensei vs Spark's father is one of the few but that's cause it became disciple vs master and he was set on kidnapping Kenichi. But one fight ain't much.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 18:34   Link #1372
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Alright I'm willing to accept that Kensei might have left China in order to fight YAMI but it's been hinted quite strongly that the Black Tiger White Dragon Alliance is composed of Masters on the level of Ryozanpaku and YAMI. As such him leaving to fight YAMI while he has enemies on their level at least in terms of strength(physical as opposed of economic and military) in China makes little sense to me.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:25   Link #1373
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Alright I'm willing to accept that Kensei might have left China in order to fight YAMI but it's been hinted quite strongly that the Black Tiger White Dragon Alliance is composed of Masters on the level of Ryozanpaku and YAMI. As such him leaving to fight YAMI while he has enemies on their level at least in terms of strength(physical as opposed of economic and military) in China makes little sense to me.
Well it would make sense if the main reason behind leaving china was to escape from his duties and live a carefree life and persue his perverted passions....
__________________
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:39   Link #1374
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I'm saying Kensei is a crap father but I can forgive that if he left in order to save the world or something equally grand. Leaving because he wants to be free to chase and look at woman and avoid the responsiblities inherant in being the head of a family merely cements his ineptitude as a father rather than alleviating it
__________________
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:42   Link #1375
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Alright I'm willing to accept that Kensei might have left China in order to fight YAMI but it's been hinted quite strongly that the Black Tiger White Dragon Alliance is composed of Masters on the level of Ryozanpaku and YAMI. As such him leaving to fight YAMI while he has enemies on their level at least in terms of strength(physical as opposed of economic and military) in China makes little sense to me.
It would if living with those responsibilities means life and death battles on a daily basis. Let the younger generation do that, the old guy wants to retire from doing things a hot blooded teen like his daughter would find exciting. Also, he has a rogue brother with the capacity for widespread death and destruction loose in the world. Making sure this one does not join the dark side would likely be a full time job.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:56   Link #1376
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
You're suggesting he went to Ryozanpaku for peace and yet you'd have me believe he also left in order to battle Yami. Jumping from the frying pan into the fire isn't what I'd call a good retirement stategy. His battles might not be as frequant but I'd say the calibre of his opponents more than makes up for their sparcity. As for his brother all the evidence suggests he only learnt of his brothers whereabouts just before he fought him so it's unlikely he left in order to track him down.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 23:50   Link #1377
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Whether or not I agree with the old man moving house is besides the point of why he did so. However, lets crunch some imaginary numbers to see if it makes sense. Kensei is about 40, looking at the flashback he's been in fights since he was about Renka's age [about 15]. Now, these are constant challenges since he is regarded as one of the top 2 fighters in China. Taking the weekends off, that is probably 300 life and death battles a year. Multiply that by 25. Now I ask, how long can someone stand dealing with all the fools coming out of the woodwork just because they want to be number one without the hard work? Ya, it's definitely Quality vs Quantity. My hats off to the old guy for lasting 2+ decades tolerating the idiots.

Of course, Ryozanpaku is home to the Elder. That is someone even more tired of pointless battles than the rest of the master's combined. He did that for several years with Miu in tow before realising that it wasn't going to make a difference.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 06:19   Link #1378
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Spoiler for This week's high light sceen:

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2008-12-22 at 08:13.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 08:31   Link #1379
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Whether or not I agree with the old man moving house is besides the point of why he did so. However, lets crunch some imaginary numbers to see if it makes sense. Kensei is about 40, looking at the flashback he's been in fights since he was about Renka's age [about 15]. Now, these are constant challenges since he is regarded as one of the top 2 fighters in China. Taking the weekends off, that is probably 300 life and death battles a year. Multiply that by 25. Now I ask, how long can someone stand dealing with all the fools coming out of the woodwork just because they want to be number one without the hard work? Ya, it's definitely Quality vs Quantity. My hats off to the old guy for lasting 2+ decades tolerating the idiots.

Of course, Ryozanpaku is home to the Elder. That is someone even more tired of pointless battles than the rest of the master's combined. He did that for several years with Miu in tow before realising that it wasn't going to make a difference.
The 3headed dragon group's flashback showed the sort of attacks that were made on the Phoenix Alliance and if you ask me they're not exactly the sort of attacks that should make a master of Kensei's calibre throw his hands up in the air and call it a day. It's also implied that the majority of those who challenge Kensei are akin to those 2 masters Renka et al beat. This to me suggests Kensei could effectively one shot practically all his challengers while holding back hardly life and death is it. The BTWD Alliance seem to be the only actual valid rivals and their calibre is shown by the fact that they sent someone like the human calamity to deal with a few kids what are the top dogs of the organisation like. If the BTWD Alliance really wanted to take down Kensei I fail to see why he'd be safe in Ryozanpaku as the fact they can send someone to Japan to take out some kids suggests they can send much stronger people to take out Kensei.

As for Hayate he's not a good example since he's actually taking care of his family unlike Kensei. If Hayate had gone touring around the world and left Miu somewhere or other then he'd be as bad as Kensei. Still I'll reserve judgement on Hayate until I see what's up between him and his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Spoiler for This week's high light sceen:
Does the fight happen or does it get delayed till the next chapter?

Spoiler for ..................:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iíve decided to do a breakdown of all the women interested in or potentially interested in Kenichi and vice versa.
Spoiler for Kenichiís Love Polygon:
__________________

Last edited by M.I.P.; 2008-12-22 at 09:03.
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 12:41   Link #1380
Baka Ronin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I agree with your assessment of Kenichi's possible love interests, with one exception. I think Shigure has more romantic feelings for kenichi than you seem to be noticing. Does anyone else agree with me?
__________________
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.