AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-13, 19:32   Link #1
Korean_boi
BBOY

Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
Anime games?Your favorites?Show me!

I've seen lots of thread in which many people discuess and recommend certain games. I, myself, have never played and "anime" games with the exception of clash of ninjas and dragonball z, but those are very mainstream. I seek alternative games that are based off, or have the theme of a certain series. Something like a dating sim, or something different. The only one i've played is the love hina game for dreamcast.

but im looking for pc games. good ones. none of those flash games off newgrounds >_>

any suggestions in particular?

romance, action, fps(? is there one that exists?)

JUST RECOMMEND SOMETHING

HELP ME PUT OFF STUDYING FOR MY FINAL EXAMS! :P
Old 2007-06-13, 19:38   Link #2
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Well if it's dating sim, i guess there's hell lot of that. I'd list what i like:

Sister Princess - Actually this is a PSX game, but i guess PSX emulator can be easily found in the net right now
ToHeart 2 - Anyway i like the PS2 version better.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2007-06-13, 20:01   Link #3
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Shuffle! is the only game I've played that had an anime made out of it. I didn't think it was a particularly stellar game, though. Alright, but Kiss Me Me was better. >.> If only they'd animate that.
Old 2007-06-13, 20:37   Link #4
Korean_boi
BBOY

where would you buy these? or are they free?
Old 2007-06-13, 20:46   Link #5
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Well buy them on the net because they didn't sell these kind of games in my country...

Old 2007-06-13, 20:59   Link #6
Korean_boi
BBOY

ah, but where?

if i were to google these, most likely i'd find some mainstream site like amazon or ebay. any small time, or sites that specialize in anime/japanese merchandise?
Old 2007-06-13, 21:16   Link #7
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
you can go to this thread... >>>Where to Buy Japanese Games Thread

and if you're lazy to go there

you can go directly here http://himeyashop.com or http://www.paletweb.com/

and I recommended Planetarian... (it's a visual novel rather than a dating sim...) and superbly nice.... (also an english patch is available for this one....)

and of course also recommend the popular Fate Stay/Night (an english patch is also available but only for Saber's route aka Fate route )
Old 2007-06-13, 21:31   Link #8
Korean_boi
BBOY

i'm likin the games

but not the prices

yeesh!

i think ill buy something though :P

which one would u guys recommend if i were to buy just ONE game
Old 2007-06-13, 22:09   Link #9
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Disgaea 2- Cursed memories. A strategic RPG a real brain bender.
Another Century Episode 2: Shooter/flight sim - All your favourite mechs duking it out. Imagine dishning out damage in a Valkyrie/Gundam/Aestavalis.
Old 2007-06-13, 22:11   Link #10
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
yup himeya sure have a high tag price on their game......

recommended the Planetarian one since the 2 arc of fate are not yet translated and those two remaining are definitely better...(dark Saber is so cool....)

where to get demo and the whole game click here>>> (this one is definitely a lot cheaper (for the full version....) Planetarian

and for some video...

Old 2007-06-14, 03:15   Link #11
kyosuke
My bike got stolen

Japanese only:
Eien no Aseria -The Spirit of Eternity Sword- (永遠のアセリア)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXuF479090
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wHt5-Mb3dw
A very powerful simulation strategy game with interesting gameplay. I also took much liking of the storyline. They're also coming out with a sequel, Seinarukana (聖なるかな), to this game.
School Days: Semi-animated dating sim of good quality.
Primitive Link 「プリミティブリンク」: Dating sim
Happiness! 「はぴねす!」: The anime is a shameful piece when compared to the actual game.
Majokko A La Mode II 「魔女っ娘アラモードII」: Turn based strategy. Fun/Cute game & storyline.
Clannad 「クラナド」: Another wonderful piece by Key; they're making this into an anime some time near future

English available:
Brave Soul: Real-Time RPG
Kanon: If you liked the anime, you can't miss this
Tsukihime: Game version of the anime Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Shuffle!: If you liked the anime, you'll like the game even more.

Last edited by kyosuke; 2007-06-14 at 03:31.
Old 2007-06-14, 04:08   Link #12
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

try US PC games
ai yori aoshi
never seven end of infinity
they are in english and can be bought in the US. for like 30$.

it should be noted that kyosukes english list are fansub modified hacks. the games are still japanese but u can run a patch that will
display the text in english. shuffle is the best in the list for first time gamers.

now on JP fighting games get melty blood or eternal fighter zero with all the expansion packs. these are doujin games btw.

honestly most JP PC games are bad. unless u like hentai stuff. look through old PS2 and Dreamcast games.

one of the best dating sim games in my opinion is tokimeki memorial drama series vol2 on sega saturn. you can probably pick it up for 10$ on ebay. its all in japanese now, but you will love it, if not ill send you 10$

PC games start with to heart 2 and H20, very JP intensive though.
Old 2007-06-14, 05:38   Link #13
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

crap wrong thread delete
Old 2007-06-14, 11:46   Link #14
pauroal
joonasu

pc games pls.

us pc games. heart 2? I never played games like those. I want dating games. not the one I found online. Naruto, ffx whatever dating sim online. and not a pc memory eater.
Old 2007-06-14, 15:24   Link #15
Korean_boi
BBOY

if i were to buy ONE game

which woiuld the majority of your buy?

i shoulda made this a poll thread :P
Old 2007-06-14, 22:29   Link #16
kyosuke
My bike got stolen

It's not that easy; each people has his/her own tastes in these things. You will most likely not find such a choice.

As I've mentioned earlier, the games on my list are all good games. Just pick one of them from the list and give it a try.
Old 2007-06-15, 01:48   Link #17
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

If i'm going to buy only ONE. I'll definitely buy ToHeart 2 (PS2 version but PC version is okay anyway, i just don't like the "Xrated" scene).

Old 2007-06-15, 02:42   Link #18
Spark

Ragnarok ^.^

online mmorpg ... dunno if it was based off the series or if the series was based off of it.

In any case, it will definitely keep you from studying if ya get addicted easily to stuff like that. Ragnarok Top 200 ftw. :3

Last edited by Spark; 2007-06-15 at 02:56.
Old 2007-06-15, 20:34   Link #19
Korean_boi
BBOY

hmm

im bookmarking lots of games

reading up on reviews

if you guys can post your thoughts about your favorite games that would be ncie
Old 2007-06-15, 23:15   Link #20
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Princess Maker 2
Was published by Gainax, once upon a time.

If you really wanted to find a copy, it's probably very easy to find floating online somewhere. Technically, it'd be illegal to own since "Adventions" owns the rights to it in the US. However, the game is verrrryyyy old and it doesn't seem like they'll ever going to release it or complete some of the smaller translation gaps. You can also find plenty of guides for it on gamefaqs. I don't recommend stealing intellectual property....because that would be wrong.

The basic premise of the game is that, you the player, was a legendary swordsman who saved the kingdom from Lucifon (read: The Devil) and his infernal legions. Hailed as a hero, the king grants you a yearly stipend. But that's not really the point. The heavens, for whatever inscrutable reason, gives you one of their children to rear -- a little girl.

And basically, it's a child-rearing sim in a feudalistic fantasy society (incidentally it appears there is a constitutional monarchy with a society bordering on the Enlightenment). You determine the schedule of your daughter and set the pace for her education. All the while you'll have to figure out how to finance her higher education (if you bother). One of the actual in-game events actually allows you the option of offering your daughter's hand in marriage to various suitors...which, humorously enough, includes a young dragon. (Yes, a dowry consisting of a dragon hoard would pay the bills...you devious plotter you...)

Basically, you set the schedule and your daughter's stats will increase or decrease depending on the kind of activity she participates in. If, for example, you make her work at a farm, her "strength" and "constitution" increases but her "refinement" goes down. In addition, you will have to manage a stress meter and keep her out of trouble. It can be hard to make her abilities span the whole stat spectrum because you have to make trade-offs (but it is possible and necessary for the "Ruling Queen" ending).

The kind of education you provide from her age between 10 to 18 will determine the ending she gets. She may decide to become an adventuring warrior (or wizard), join the military and become an officer (or a lowly grunt), work a steady grind in a profession, become a famed artist or writer, become a housewife, attain nobility (hence "Princess Maker") and so on. There's also the possibility of corrupting your daughter (i.e. evil overlord or even BDSM queen).

There are even RPG elements in the game if you bother training said-daughter to be a fighter or a wizardress and send her out to adventure.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-06-15 at 23:32.
Closed Thread