AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-06-13, 19:46   Link #1
xfe

Problem connecting to tracker

hey i started watching Code Geass like 4 days ago. From what i remember the 1st episode was downloaded fine, Utorrent was getting all the seeders. at 2nd episode and on i have a serious prob connecting only to 1 or 2 seeders from all 158 that are available. i donno what is wrong, my isp is blocking them or something? Also i tryed torrents from other sites (torrentleech.org) and they work fine. i also read some other posts people made and they suggested Privoxy and Tor. Well at least tell me how those programs work if they are the solution, or tell me any things i can do to make my downloads start at least =/
xfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 19:54   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

What country are you in, and what is your ISP? It's unlikely that you're experiencing packet shaping or port blocking if you can access other torrents without a problem. Since it works fine, it's also unlikely that your bandwidth is being throttled by your ISP.

I'd wonder if the tracker isn't down, and your connections are being made through DHT network peer exchange. Theoretically, your performance wouldn't be a whole lot worse, but it might take longer to get going.

Are you behind a router? UPnP on or ports forwarded properly?
Old 2007-06-13, 21:22   Link #3
xfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
What country are you in, and what is your ISP? It's unlikely that you're experiencing packet shaping or port blocking if you can access other torrents without a problem. Since it works fine, it's also unlikely that your bandwidth is being throttled by your ISP.

I'd wonder if the tracker isn't down, and your connections are being made through DHT network peer exchange. Theoretically, your performance wouldn't be a whole lot worse, but it might take longer to get going.

Are you behind a router? UPnP on or ports forwarded properly?
iam from Europe (cyprus) my isp is cytanet and its the government owned ISP here. its reliable. iam not using router since iam the only one using the internet iinside the house. what other info shall i tell u to find the prob? =/

btw now i tried episode 3 again.. and 2 of 2 connected (166 in swarm) it says.. also i get 0.0kb/s for a long time (download wont start)
Old 2007-06-13, 23:00   Link #4
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
What client are you using? If you're not using Azureus or uTorrent, you probably have a non-DHT compliant client in your hands, which means you can't connect to other peers if the tracker is down.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 07:12   Link #5
xfe

well, what shall i do to enable DHT ?
Old 2007-06-14, 07:18   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
well, what shall i do to enable DHT ?
Download Azureus or uTorrent? If you already have one of those clients, look in the options. Though I'm sure it's already enabled by default, so unless you deactivated it manually, it should be working. To check whether it's on or off, at least in Azureus, the number of total users in the network should be displayed at the bottom bar if DHT is working properly.

Old 2007-06-14, 07:23   Link #7
xfe

i have both of those. utorrent finds the seeds it just wont connect tomore than 4-5. Bittorrent says "WARNING : Problem connecting to tracker (http://bt.edwardk.info:6969/announce): None: Connection done."
=/ any ideas. this happens with all 3 programs (azureus,utorrent.bittorrent).
Old 2007-06-14, 13:30   Link #8
Ledgem
Love Yourself

That means that the tracker is down. The tracker is a central server that gives your client a list of peers to try and connect to. In my experience, DHT is inferior to regular trackers. It's possible that the clients you're seeing are from DHT, and that might explain your low number of connections.

You'll have to wait for the tracker to come up. The reason you don't have problems with other torrents is likely because their trackers are working properly.
Old 2007-06-14, 13:38   Link #9
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Yeah, I forgot about that. DHT works, albeit not as well as a fully functional tracker

Old 2007-06-14, 18:24   Link #10
xfe

ah ok then thanks guys. i hope the tracker comes up in the next few days =/