AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-20, 01:05   Link #1081
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
So....why did the aliens wait for one year to invade us instead of, say, now?

I remember someone put up an "official timeline" of Blue Drop series and it states that the war between humans and aliens will occur on the YEAR after the anime "Blue Drop." It seems that now they are more than ready to invade in a couple of days. Why did they wait until the year after?
If I'm interpreting the timeline correctly, that year is the time during the series, not after.
Old 2007-12-20, 01:11   Link #1082
changeup

Thanks for the information. I kinda avoid that website because of the possible trojans ... At any rate, I normally only download Chinese subs from Sumisora and HKG, sometimes also CASO. Their translations are normally very accurate. And yes, talking about speed... sometimes I found their subs earlier than the raw...
(maybe some English fansub group should try just to translate their sub instead...)

I just re-watched the episode 12 with the sub you mentioned. They are actually pretty good to my standard. At least I have not found any obvious mistake with their translation (of course, my Japanese is very limited)...

Interesting enough, I have thought the subtitle of this episode is "beautiful words of love" but it turns out to be "beautiful harmony..." not that I know what that means though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Sounds familiar. The sub I found was on Greedland, the big semi-commercial Chinese bt site. Here's a link to a search page for Blue Drop subs there. I understand some people do not like this site because of the ads, etc., but I find it a great resource.

I think I remember finding decent DMZG subs for some shows, and some not so good. I haven't seen any for this show. The speed and abundance of Chinese subbing always impresses me, even if the quality is very variable. I use ZoomPlayer/MediaPlayer Classic plus the RealMedia Splitter so I don't have to use RealPlayer for all those .rmvb files.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 13:42   Link #1083
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Thanks for the information. I kinda avoid that website because of the possible trojans.... (maybe some English fansub group should try just to translate their sub instead...) I just re-watched the episode 12 with the sub you mentioned. They are actually pretty good to my standard. At least I have not found any obvious mistake with their translation....
My virus/spyware program hasn't told me about anything on Greedland, but in fact that is the least of my worries, compared to a certain unnamed network. The BD sub is also on bt.popgo.net.

As for English groups just translating Chinese subs, that definitely happens from time to time, as it does with manga scanlations. I think at least one group is bilingual -- but better in Chinese than in English.

I did mean to say that, on second thought, the Sakura no Moe sub didn't seem so bad to me.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 16:21   Link #1084
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 12:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-20, 23:15   Link #1085
changeup

I totally agree with your assessment of the situation...

And the next episode. Let's see whether the love between Hagino and Mari can pull a Lynn Minmay out of their desperate situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-21, 06:57   Link #1086
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
I totally agree with your assessment of the situation...

And the next episode. Let's see whether the love between Hagino and Mari can pull a Lynn Minmay out of their desperate situation...
Oh my, now that was quite a blast from the past In truth, I've been wracking my brain for the past couple of days trying to figure out how this ending will play out.....thus far, I've not found anything that doesn't sound horrifically trite or is just an evil cliffhanger from hell.
Old 2007-12-21, 07:24   Link #1087
Fweakin

Speed sub 12 is out
And one by one back in the Closet lays.
--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:20   Link #1088
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Send a message via AIM to AnimeJock
Quote:
So what's your guys' opinion? Good end or bad end?

Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Episode 13 Hypothesis:
AnimeJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 13:22   Link #1089
AnimeJock
AnimeJock

Send a message via AIM to AnimeJock
Kieli--I forgot to mention that. I'm worried about a cliffhanger from hell or an ending that leaves so many questions that it'll drive my brain looney.
AnimeJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 14:45   Link #1090
Kazu-kun

Well, Floser messed up one of the most important lines of the episode:

Timecode 12:10, Fake Shibariel:

Floser: "And for the well thought acts you've done."

Correct translation: "To develop this Thought Arresting (materializing, condensing) Weapon."

Everything else (before that line, as I didn't watch the rest yet) seems ok.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-12-21 at 16:11.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 15:53   Link #1091
foux

Somehow after watching this episode i dont feel so excited about the anime anymore ... maybe because everything got explaned or mari and hagino thing. Nothing else can really happen anymore exept Shivariel dieing maybe?. BLUE was an special suicidal experiment (without crew knowing) for Shivariel...i guess she had no luck that Hagino and Tsubael survived that. Would be awesome if Mari was the cause for that...,but theres 1ep left and they won't go any deeper probably. So we never know if Mari has any SPECIAL connection with BLUES Emiru Force drive or not... oh well atleast we know that aliens will rule fiew centurys so it's like a final episode.
as for that mistranslated part in floser release, ... i didn't even notice actually, everything kinda made sense hehe. Thanks for pointing it out Kazu-kun
foux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 16:33   Link #1092
changeup

We still have the suspense of whether those two can survive. I think a lot of us are praying for them now......

Quote:
Originally Posted by foux View Post
Somehow after watching this episode i dont feel so excited about the anime anymore ... maybe because everything got explaned or mari and hagino thing. Nothing else can really happen anymore exept Shivariel dieing maybe?. BLUE was an special suicidal experiment (without crew knowing) for Shivariel...i guess she had no luck that Hagino and Tsubael survived that. Would be awesome if Mari was the cause for that...,but theres 1ep left and they won't go any deeper probably. So we never know if Mari has any SPECIAL connection with BLUES Emiru Force drive or not... oh well atleast we know that aliens will rule fiew centurys so it's like a final episode.
as for that mistranslated part in floser release, ... i didn't even notice actually, everything kinda made sense hehe. Thanks for pointing it out Kazu-kun
Old 2007-12-21, 16:45   Link #1093
Lesca

Quote:
Somehow after watching this episode i dont feel so excited about the anime anymore ... maybe because everything got explaned or mari and hagino thing.
I suppose I'm the same a little, but I think it has to do with gearing myself up for a possible bad ending, probably would have been more excited if I knew it was going to be a happy ending for sure, but still looking forward to it a lot.

Really hoping that they manage to fit in the unanswered stuff about Mari, I will be really disappointed if they dont.
Old 2007-12-21, 16:59   Link #1094
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
Really hoping that they manage to fit in the unanswered stuff about Mari, I will be really disappointed if they dont.
Maybe whatever is special about Mari will be the key for those two to make it out alive. Wouldn't that be really cool?
Old 2007-12-21, 17:21   Link #1095
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Somehow after watching this episode i dont feel so excited about the anime anymore....
Not me. I'm more excited, if anything. There is so much more to happen and so much more that I'm sure they will explain. Will they escape? To where? How? What about the negotiator in episode one? Who is she? Who is she going to negotiate with? What caused Hagino's attack on Mari in ep1, and her being knocked cold by touching Mari in a later ep? What will the invasion look like? How will our horime friends make out during the invasion?

I actually hate it when the climax of a show comes in the final scene. I much prefer to have some time after the climax to see how everyone adjusts to it, and for my feelings to settle down. I think revisiting the negotiator will provide that cool-down period.

And anyway, we now have a whole episode during which Mari and Hagino will know they are in love and act accordingly.

By the way, I'm betting on a fairly good end, but a sad end would also be pretty strong. A dream is totally unlikely, in my opinion. Even if we know the invasion will succeed, we don't know exactly how, and life will go on in any case. In a way, it seems to me more like a beginning than an end. Bring on a second series! Featuring Mari and Hagino's descendants, perhaps.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 17:49   Link #1096
foux

Quote:
What caused Hagino's attack on Mari in ep1, and her being knocked cold by touching Mari in a later ep?
About that ... in ep12 there's some serious telepathy between Mari and Hagino, around 2:26 and in the end when they confess. Or was it just done like that to save some time? Seemed like intentinally shown connection...maybe has something to do with that what you mentioned

They have never talked telepathicaly before.

Last edited by foux; 2007-12-21 at 18:47.
foux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 18:11   Link #1097
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

The preview for episode 13...screams bad ending >_<
Damn it...or they both live and survive together or die together....at least let them end together at the end...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 18:13   Link #1098
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
About that ... in ep12 there's some serious telepathy between Mari and Hagino, around 2:26 and in the end when they confess. Or was it just done like that to save some time? Seemed like intentinally shown connection...maybe has something to do with that what you mentioned
Well we already knew from previous eps that Mari and Hagino have a telepathic connection when
Spoiler for For those who haven't watched the latest eps yet:

Quote:
And anyway, we now have a whole episode during which Mari and Hagino will know they are in love and act accordingly.
One can only hope. Given the past track record of animes of this type, I'd say our chances were REALLY slim. I do want to stay positive about it, though. I'd love to be proven wrong.

@AJ:
Quote:
Kieli--I forgot to mention that. I'm worried about a cliffhanger from hell or an ending that leaves so many questions that it'll drive my brain looney.
I'm already insane for this show. As soon as it ends, I am so going to purchase it for my collection *G*
Old 2007-12-21, 18:31   Link #1099
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

There's a critical information that I missed.

Why are they invading Earth?Surely they explained it somewhere but I can't recall anything.
Old 2007-12-21, 18:44   Link #1100
changeup

Because

1. They have the power to;
2. They have chosen to.

And of course, all aliens fall for Earth female......

even alien females

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
There's a critical information that I missed.

Why are they invading Earth?Surely they explained it somewhere but I can't recall anything.

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri