AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Old 2004-01-15, 16:47   Link #1
FreeJPA

Personal Emotions Thread

Well... I figured each person probably had at one point or another been severely hit with emotions from this anime during it's run.

I think, for me, the last scene with Akane-chan's interview:

"I had a senpai who taught me how wonderful swimming really was...

I've been working hard to try to catch up to and surpass her. I believe these recent results are all due to her."

(inserts Mitsuki with tears clip)

Like... everytime I think about that, my eyes get kinda misty ^_^

So how bout you guys?
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:51   Link #2
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

I only say "Yoi-sho! Yoi-sho!"

If they don't extend the ending to what it's REALLY supposed to be (showing the whole Hontou no Takaramono, with the final Mitsuki scene) when they release the DVD, it's time to make an "extended fansub" of it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 18:28   Link #3
loki9x
大魔王

sayounara

I cried with Akane when Haruka told Takayuki the Mayauru story and they parted. To lose a girl like Haruka is a crime.
Old 2004-01-15, 18:35   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
When Mitsuki snapped. >.>
Old 2004-01-15, 19:17   Link #5
Shinske

Send a message via ICQ to Shinske Send a message via AIM to Shinske Send a message via MSN to Shinske Send a message via Yahoo to Shinske
Many scenes i got misty eyes but only one made me tear that was the episode Haruko get's hit by a car ~_~ so sad! <- i don't think thats a spoiler since its in the 2nd episode
Shinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 01:01   Link #6
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Obviously the end of episode 2 made me teary-eyed, but that was only after total and complete shock for about 10 minutes until I finally could absorb what had just happened. (I had no idea up until then where the series was going, as I knew nothing about it in advance. Here I am thinking it would be a simple romance!) The way that scened played out (with the song, the title, the credits and all) is probably one of the most amazing/inspired moments in anime that I have ever experienced.

But another emotional scene for me was definitely a Haruka scene later on... "Give me back my time!" That scene really got to me. Also, the "Haruka told me she wanted to go!" scene and follow-up. (I'm trying to be a bit cryptic so as to avoid spoilers tags.) There were a lot more, of course; a few scenes with Akane, a few of the scenes with Mitsuki... obviously the beginning of episode 14 with the story...

The main thing throughout this series was this incredible sense of unease that was a combination of wanting to know what was going to happen, but almost being afraid of it at the same time. It really got to me, both while I was watching, and after it was over... it's quite a powerful series.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 03:52   Link #7
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

I was teary at the end of episode two, when I thought Takayuki was going to die from his sickness, when Takayuki wanted to bring comatose-Haruka to the book expo, Mayauru, and Hontou no Takaramono story too. Though Haruka's lil story book only gets me deeply when the Kiminozo song plays along with it too.

Sniff sniff.
Old 2004-01-16, 04:04   Link #8
kyoshiro

My eyes ran like a faucet when Mitsuki chucked the books out the window and cried. God, I so wish I could be there to hold her.

The most powerful point in the anime was probably when the close up of Akane's eye and when she said "you... are a coward" and the episode ended. That sent shivers down my spine.

The very last part where the story was being read along with the scenes of the past, present and future made me spill all my tears. Those are the days I'd like so much to be a part of... Too bad my girl friend thinks Mitsuki is a whore....
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 06:21   Link #9
7thMethuselah

one of the most catching moments was in epi 4 or 5 when Takayuki and Mitsuki meet at the station and Takayuki surprises her by taking her to place to rent appartments. The look of happiness and disbelief on Mitsuki's face really got to me ...

Apart from that the most emotional moments for me where those where Takayuki breaks Mitsuki's heart (he did that over and over again or just ignored her, the freaking b@stard)

PS Yes yes I'm a Mitsuki fan
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 08:53   Link #10
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Heh ... yeah, it's strange. Though I've been a declared Mitsuki-supporter throughout the series, the three moments total which got me to really tear up were all Haruka-related. How strange is that?

Haruka's tormented wailing at the end of ep13, Mayauru (though I was already "weakened" by Takayuki's remote-confession to Mitsuki before) and ultimately Hontou no Takaramono.

I guess the strength of KimiNozo was that I stayed connected to _all_ characters till the end. Yes, even Takayuki. I didn't fall off the wagon like I did on other sad stuff like Grave of the Fireflies or SaiKano.

I still want the "full" ending from the game.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 10:23   Link #11
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Pretty much every episode from the 2nd onwards had me all choked up at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I guess the strength of KimiNozo was that I stayed connected to _all_ characters till the end. Yes, even Takayuki.
Same here. Despite the mistakes some charcaters made, I was empathising with each of them until the very end.
Old 2004-01-16, 12:19   Link #12
Tboz

The half crazy Takayuki wanting to carry Haruka to the exhibition.

Mitsuki's confession after the *ahem* with Shinji.

And also during Shinji's confrontation with Takayuki.

Sad...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 12:51   Link #13
FreeJPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Yea, that scene really got me. Even though he was pretty much mentally insane to do that, it showed how much devotion he gave her / cared for her during that time.
FreeJPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 16:32   Link #14
Mr.Minou

Quote:
The half crazy Takayuki wanting to carry Haruka to the exhibition
same here. I was so sad for him at this time (although he is Bakayuki )
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 18:17   Link #15
Xephiro.

i think most of the above mentioned events had me going.

also the end of ep 4 where Takayuki starts to cry for Haruka.
Xephiro. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 04:49   Link #16
Pharcyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz

Mitsuki's confession after the *ahem* with Shinji.

And also during Shinji's confrontation with Takayuki.

Sad...

Yeah... the confession was so sad for me too... she tried so hard to keep a straight face and seem happy in front of Taka... did this for 3 years while taking care of him... while being TORN inside.... that is why I have a lot of feelings for this character.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 10:55   Link #17
Bubblemunche
Perpetual Dreamer

The saddest scene for me is when the crestfallen Mitsuki dropped her ring into the mug... the feelings of disappointment were conveyed in such exactness! Anyway, glad to know there's quite a few Mitsuki fans around
Bubblemunche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 20:24   Link #18
jhn195
Prince of the Saiyans

ok this might be a bit different from the other posts but i think the saddest moment must be from episode 10 onwards when

1. shinji was takayuki best friend
2. mitsuki was feeling horny despite all the depression
3. shinji slept mitsuki
4. takayuki knows about it and goes "oh"
5. after the shinji-mitsuki incident, shinji gets to pummelled takayuki (YES that's right it is shinji who whack up takayuki)
6. again takayuki just goes "oh"

I mean just how SAD is that??!???
jhn195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 21:34   Link #19
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
I'm a heartless son of a you-know-what when it comes to soap operas, but eh.
Reactions, using emoticons only.

Ep 2: Seeing the 'accident'

When takamori-whatever gets called "girlfriend"

The Title music

When shinji does *ahem* with mitsuki.

every scene with akane looking at yakitori...tamaru...whatever the hell his name is.

The 2nd "I'm in water" scene, and the others.
:fingers:

About the last one: enough already! As if that makes any sense whatsoever anyhow! Wait...does mitsuki even have parents?

Last edited by Deralti; 2004-01-27 at 01:08.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 01:40   Link #20
Bubblemunche
Perpetual Dreamer

To jhn195: Yup, it felt great when Takayuki got whacked by Shinji He had it coming !!
Bubblemunche is offline   Reply With Quote