AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 44.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 19.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-21, 15:43   Link #121
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Even funnier is that Konata managed to blow the test apparently. Note that Daisuke Ono was the wrong answer too, meaning probably every answer was the same.
You'd think someone like Kagami would've caught on.

That said, I think Kagami's conspicuously 'wrong' answers kind of draw attention in their own right. Ono no Komachi, as a descendant of the Ono clan and an almost legendary figure in Japanese history because of her poetry, seems a plausible enough guess on that test. As for the other... I might be overlooking some lesser-known historical figure from the Heian period, or simply furnishing an apocryphal connection (and it wouldn't be the first time in L*S), but KyoAni and Ono Daisuke have certainly crossed paths before.
Old 2007-06-21, 18:21   Link #122
dod13

Can someone in the know clarify the phrase that's been popping up in this episode? I hear 'dondake'? Not sure... and can't find it any dictionary. If it's slang, etymology would be nice. Thanks!
Old 2007-06-21, 20:29   Link #123
archanfels

Finally watched it with sub

Would only have been a so-so episode for me if not for the Nanako part, still can't help feeling depressed about the scene.

Didn't find the static door part as hilarious as someone of you make it, even Lucky Channel feels boring.

First LS ep. I don't feel like rewatching.

Only saving grace is the ED song~ When kona screamed "Hi Kakikoputa" it's the only part I chuckled the entire ep.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:20   Link #124
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dod13 View Post
Can someone in the know clarify the phrase that's been popping up in this episode? I hear 'dondake'? Not sure... and can't find it any dictionary. If it's slang, etymology would be nice. Thanks!
http://complexdream.com/blog/?p=347
Old 2007-06-21, 22:56   Link #125
archanfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Thank you, I happened to notice the phrase and was wondering about it myself. That explains it (well, kind of )
Old 2007-06-21, 23:17   Link #126
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the [a.f.k.] sub on Veoh. What with the entirely unjustified crackdown happening in Singapore nowadays, I've been avoiding downloading anything recently; only Sola is on my regular DL list now, while I've been watching much of the rest on Veoh lately.

Anyway, not a bad episode at all. A 7 for this one; lower than usual for some reason, I just didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the others. Not that it's bad, though...

1) Sailor fuku with machine gun. That's a reference to something, right?

2) I can relate to the oversleeping part. I do that all the time.

3) I don't get why Tommy Lee Jones is so bothered by a loli lolling her head onto his shoulder. I wouldn't have minded one bit.

4) I wish we got to see a bit more of Kona-chan cosplaying. One Santarina outfit isn't enough!

5) Poor Kuroi-sensei.
Seriously though, 25 is still quite young these days, I think. Wouldn't know about how it is in Japan, but at least over here 25 isn't that bad.

6) Why do I feel like I'm looking into my own future whenever I see Izumi-jiji? I really hope I have the willpower not to spoil my own daughter (if I should come to have one) like he does.
Something tells me that Kona-chan was expecting this all along, too; that's why the Xmas present for her beloved otousan.

7) No!
No!
No!
No!
Yes.

8) Izumi-jiji getting his kicks from zapping himself; Oscar, Mike, Golf. I really am starting to see a lot of myself in this old guy; I used to do a variation of that in school. Doesn't bode well for my future, now does it?

9) Akira has earned the dubious distinction of being the only female anime character whose face I really wanted to punch in, whenever she appears. Stupid bitch.

10) Doraemon seems to suit Tsukasa and Miyuki rather well.
Old 2007-06-22, 01:40   Link #127
dod13

Just what I was looking for. Thanks, aorta! Too bad the youtube vid is down =/
Old 2007-06-22, 03:14   Link #128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
4) I wish we got to see a bit more of Kona-chan cosplaying. One Santarina outfit isn't enough!
Wholeheartedly agreed.

Quote:
5) Poor Kuroi-sensei.
Seriously though, 25 is still quite young these days, I think. Wouldn't know about how it is in Japan, but at least over here 25 isn't that bad.
She's fun and hot. What's not to like?

Quote:
6) Why do I feel like I'm looking into my own future whenever I see Izumi-jiji? I really hope I have the willpower not to spoil my own daughter (if I should come to have one) like he does.
Something tells me that Kona-chan was expecting this all along, too; that's why the Xmas present for her beloved otousan.
Actually, I know it's bad parenting, but when I saw that scene, I totally thought I wanted a daughter and that I wanted to spoil her rotten.

Quote:
8) Izumi-jiji getting his kicks from zapping himself; Oscar, Mike, Golf. I really am starting to see a lot of myself in this old guy; I used to do a variation of that in school. Doesn't bode well for my future, now does it?
I used to do that too. And hey, if you can have a daughter like Konata, it's totally worth it.

Quote:
9) Akira has earned the dubious distinction of being the only female anime character whose face I really wanted to punch in, whenever she appears. Stupid bitch.
But she's so cute! Like those cats or puppies who think it's a fun game to bite you.
Old 2007-06-22, 04:58   Link #129
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~
1) Sailor fuku with machine gun. That's a reference to something, right?
~

Hint: ED from a previous episode.

Quote:
~
5) Poor Kuroi-sensei.
~
Nanako is 27, as stated in the sunset scene.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-22, 09:32   Link #130
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Nanako is 27, as stated in the sunset scene.

Cheers.
Still quite young, if I may say so myself. I'll only really worry about a woman if she's hit her 30s.
Old 2007-06-22, 09:40   Link #131
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Konata really looked like a little kid at the table XD..so cute!!

Hey people!!! Whats wrong with you!! You think your gonna die at your twenty's!!!
too pathetic...Listen to Oprah!!! Live begins at your 40's!!
Nonononono..dont go "Yeah thats not true" or "She's the old one"
Stop acting like you need a lover at your 20's to survive..ya damn baby's!!!

So further about the ep...I really liked how the twins sang and prayed at church..aww so cute X3..and Miyuki's personality is really improving ^o^
Old 2007-06-22, 11:52   Link #132
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Did anyone else notice how Konata's cup noodles changed from"CURRY" to "SEAFOOD" within a few frames?

Spoiler for Giant Pictures:

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Old 2007-06-22, 12:12   Link #133
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Didn't find the static door part as hilarious as someone of you make it, even Lucky Channel feels boring.

First LS ep. I don't feel like rewatching.
Same here. This has been the worst episode of Lucky Star in my book so far.

Lucky Channel was just plain boring! >_< !!
Old 2007-06-22, 12:21   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This episode wasn't so much about the "yucks" as it was about the relationships between the characters. Lucky*Star just isn't a "gag-per-second" show like some people seem to think (I think L*C and Kona's otaku hobbies lead many to misread the show).

This episode was more about exposition of character. Christmas is bittersweet for many people and the episode tells a bit about who these people are.

So, yeah if you're here for the jokes, it probably didn't measure up. But I thought it was a nice little character exposition episode and a nice bit of transition to Act Two of the series.
Old 2007-06-22, 12:33   Link #135
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So, yeah if you're here for the jokes, it probably didn't measure up. But I thought it was a nice little character exposition episode and a nice bit of transition to Act Two of the series.
Well I am not here just because of the jokes. As a fan of shows like Marimite and Ichigo Mashimaro, I can certainly say that comedy is not the only thing that makes me hate or love a show.

Some parts of this episode just didn't seem interesting (or funny) to me at all.
Old 2007-06-22, 12:34   Link #136
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I want to include my vote as well as this being one of the L*S episodes I've enjoyed the most, and one of the few I've found myself rewatching parts of it time after another. I'm a sucker for charater development and relationships episodes/series
Old 2007-06-22, 12:39   Link #137
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Daniel: ah, I see.... o well, I'll certainly tap into L*C being pretty much a dead joke for me. Devoting 1/3 of the series to it assures much of the manga won't make it onscreen at this point. Sorry if I sounded a bit grumpy, just came from another forum where being a jerk is pretty much required to state an opinion. I should just drop that place completely.
Old 2007-06-22, 12:41   Link #138
Kagami
My darlin darlin PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumiya Haruhi View Post
Did anyone else notice how Konata's cup noodles changed from"CURRY" to "SEAFOOD" within a few frames?

Yes Yes! That's the pic I was talkin about. I was like wtf the moment the cup ramen changing. She's already on her 2nd cup?
Old 2007-06-22, 12:55   Link #139
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumiya Haruhi View Post

Whoa, was that intentional or did it fly past the quality checker's eyes?

Somehow I feel we're in for a certain someone to give us a passionate speech here...

PS: Don't take me wrong, Kaioshin-kun!

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-22, 13:05   Link #140
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Whoa, was that intentional or did it fly past the quality checker's eyes?
But didn't Konata talk to Tsukasa on the phone saying that her noodles get soggy if you wait too long? Maybe it was as a result of the curry noodles getting soggy that she changed to seafood noodles.
Closed Thread