AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-06-18, 13:21   Link #1
Sazelyt
F i n

Cat Street

Another good drama/shoujo manga. From the mangaka of Hana Yori Dango.

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
I am not sure whether this will be as strong as HYD, but it looks like another good story. The characters somehow remind me the characters from HYD (from their interactions with others), but as the more chapters come out, with the characters involving more serious relationships, it is likely that this impression will change.

Currently, 6 volumes seem to be out, and it is an ongoing manga. If we are to see in detail on how Keito is going to become what she was before, then, this may be a lengthy manga (hopefully, that will be the case).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 13:42   Link #2
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I hated HYD. I really liked this though. The series is a bit emo, but it's good.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 13:59   Link #3
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
A bit emo? Hmm... but it sounds interesting enough. I'll try it out.
Old 2007-10-19, 16:51   Link #4
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Well, I like it. Dealing with stress seems to be what this manga is all about. It's more about de-emo-ing than being emo, I think.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 11:32   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I Loved HYD So much and I loved this too..
The Story and The art was Really Nice ...It had Kinda Different Style than Hana yori Dang (Story Part )

too Bad It Finished fast ..But I Loved the ending ...
Old 2008-11-28, 12:51   Link #6
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Send a message via MSN to Miki7
I heard about this manga I'll read it!! oh and I loved HYD
Miki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 18:32   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I hated HYD. I really liked this though.
This.

It has something to do with the guys not trying to rape, assault, and mentally oppress the heroine every fucking chapter, I think.

But honestly, way better than many other shoujo out there. Oh, and it was one of the few shoujo manga where this type of guy actually wins. Huzzah?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 00:15   Link #8
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
But honestly, way better than many other shoujo out there. Oh, and it was one of the few shoujo manga where this type of guy actually wins. Huzzah?
Huzzah indeed.

This is one of my all-time favorite shoujo manga. The whole story was great, but I especially loved the ending. It was awesome to see a guy like that finally win because well, they so seldom do in shoujo. I get sick of predictable endings, and I didn't see this one coming, so it was nice. I really wish there were more out there like this.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:40   Link #9
Eclipze

I pretty much don't post anymore, but damn - this was just too good. I've been reading several mangas recently, but none of them compared to Cat Street (Ren-ai Shijou Shugi for example...risque manga with an utterly WTF? plot).

Spoiler:

That said, I'm not quite sure if I can survive reading HYD, considering its insane length. I've watched bits and pieces of the taiwan version of the drama, which I liked somewhat, but even that dragged on quite abit. I'll probably keep it at the bottom of my to-read-list as it is.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:46   Link #10
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Saying that it's better then many other shoujo manga isn't saying much. Actually this type of guy seem to be a thing korea. All the male leads there seem to be of the hatefull, but rich and handsome kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
That said, I'm not quite sure if I can survive reading HYD, considering its insane length. I've watched bits and pieces of the taiwan version of the drama, which I liked somewhat, but even that dragged on quite abit. I'll probably keep it at the bottom of my to-read-list as it is.
If I where you I would just give up on reading the manga. Just watch the J-drama or the new K-drama while not entirely faithful. The afrokid actually feels cute(I feel wrong saying this as a guy >.< ) when he teases makino(this was the heroine's name right?).
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 18:58   Link #11
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Oh, somebody revived the Cat Street thread I see. Good memories; it was a really solid read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Saying that it's better then many other shoujo manga isn't saying much. Actually this type of guy seem to be a thing korea. All the male leads there seem to be of the hatefull, but rich and handsome kind.
Well, there seems to be something about Korean shoujo* clichés that is totally obsessed with the Beautiful People: celebrities, billionaires, and the like. Much more than in Japanese shoujo.

And there also seems to be a tendency to dress the characters of such species up as thorough dickheads.

*What is the actual term for Korean manga-that-feels-like-Japanese shoujo manga anyway? I'm using this term as a placeholder pretty much.

I have realized long ago though that my favorite Korean shoujo are the ones that distinctly lack that zomg celebrity worship aspect.

Quote:
If I where you I would just give up on reading the manga. Just watch the J-drama or the new K-drama while not entirely faithful. The afrokid actually feels cute(I feel wrong saying this as a guy >.< ) when he teases makino(this was the heroine's name right?).
I agree. The J-drama makes the "teasing" not too bad. The manga...well, I don't see why he shouldn't have been put in jail very early on, to be honest. There's "bad boy" (ooh) and there's am I wrong or is the female species masochistic by nature!?

^don't answer that
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote