AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-04, 17:59   Link #301
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraHououji-NoMiko View Post
I don't believe that Oh, I know she has a complex, we all know that, but to say that her happy goofy side did not exist is what I don't believe. Her interactions with Tatsuki and happy and goofy. You telling me Tatsuki who loves Orihime, can't tell when she's happy or not? Or what about the time Orihime made up that weird baseball-soccer game and was having fun, you saying that was all a lie too? Orihime is not some sad depressed flower 24/7 and for you to imply such I think is more of an insult then what I am saying about her. believe it of not people with complexes such as depression or inferiority can have happy and goofy moments or a happy and goofy side too. It's not all or nothing. Yes, she uses it as a mask at times, but not EVERY TIME. Pull out your whip all you want and try to beat that into me, but I ain't buying it. .
I never said she was never happy, but There is more then enuff evedence that the majority of her goofy persona is fake. Remember up untill 2 years ago stroy time she had no friends and didn't speak to anyone except the shrine of her dead brother. This only chained after Tastuki saved her from being bullied when she began to feel guilty about that so went out of her way to tell her brother how good her life was now so he could move on and not have to watch over her, which lead Sora into becomeing Acidwire. And even now she admit to haveing major hits of depresion when she is alone.

.
Quote:
And they were trying to PROTECT her, nowhere did they say they abandoned her, even Orihime understood that. She's not a fighter, telling her the truth is not abandoning her, it's attempting to protect her from getting hurt and also a way to allow those who ARE fighters to be able to focus on the fights since they won't have to protect her during battle. .
Urahara called her useless and a burden when she came to him to get stronger Renji even advises they "cut ties with her". That sure as hell sounds like they should abandon her.

Quote:
Ichigo was not soundly beaten, he was just roughed up but maybe you're talking about the FIRST fight at which point I will concur he got his butt whipped.
No I'm talking about the second fight. The one that ended with Ichigo being too weak to stand with Grims sword pinning his arms to the ground and him about to get a close range cero to the head had Ruki and then Shinji not steped in.

Quote:
And the comment about the Vizards is bogus. She had only just meet them, but tell me how HEALING HER HAIRPINS and LETTING HER VISIT THEIR BASE WITHOUT BOTHERING HER is being unfriendly. The only Vizard that complain about Orihime was Mashiro the second time, and maybe Kensei the first time (I believe he was simply shocked to she her and that she asked for the bathroom) the others let her be. And even the complaining wasn't to her face.
You are also forgeting Hiyori desire to kill both her and Chad as well as the fact that durring the last 2 anacarr atacks they did nothing.

Quote:
Once again I question that Orihime would think so little of her nakama, the people that every loves to say she's so perceptive and insightful about. I believe that deep down she KNEW they would come and that's why part of her is happy with their arrival, but saddened because she did do what she had finally decided to do. Can't have it both ways, either she is perceptive and understands her nakama and Ichigo, or she's clueless.
Again you are ignoreing the fact that Kubo had Orihime state she did not understand way her friends had came after her to rescue her at first. So your assumtion that she belived they would come after her is wrong. Her infeariority complex is her blind spot even though she would do anything for her Nakama but she didn't see herself as worthy of the others doing the same for her.
Quote:
Just because the panels are drawn afterward doesn't mean the events occurred afterward. The events were occurring AT THE SAME TIME, so we can't tell where they were at in the fight when Ulquiorra was talking to Orihime. He only showed her glimpses of the battles. And it's not like Kubo could have drawn it all at the same time/in the same panel. It is for the reader to understand that the events are occurring parallel to each other, so your argument won't wash.
There is no evedence that events occurred out of sequnce with each other or that
Ulquiorra is hideing anything so that makes it sound as if your grasping a bit to make things fit your veiw.

Quote:
You telling me the Espada started to suddenly let themselves get beat because they some how knew Orihime agreed to go? For all we know what Ulquiorra showed Orihime was not even real-time images but recording. The point is we don't know. All we can infer is that he showed her glimpses of her friends who we all know were indeed not looking great since they had taken their share of hits. But we can't say that the tide turned only after Orihime agreed, because as I stated earlier it's only clear to Kubo and simultaneous events are not exactly something easily drawn or that could be understood from drawings.

But lets say that YES, at the time they were indeed getting a beat down, that Orihime was seeing that. It still doesn't mean that Orihime bought them any time, as was your original argument for bringing that up. Because we know that Shinji and Urahara DID appear and we know that Toshiro DID en-prison Luppi. Orihime had NOTHING to do with those actions. So the argument she bought them time won't wash. And the fact the Ulquiorra and Negacion come so much later in the fighting IMPLIES to me (since I am not Kubo) that when the tides in the fights changed, Ulquiorra was still talking to Orihime, so again I say those images she saw were probably only glimpses of her friends and not the WHOLE battle field, and who knows if they were real-time or not.
She bought them time in terms of not haveing the other 8 Espada and thier underling from coming in and curb stomping her friends while they were cut off from SS and got a chance to save her 2 escorrts.

Quote:
But as individuals we each have the right to infer what we want, that's the joy of reading. So at this point, since I have already established my stand, since I had already acknowledge that I can accept others view points in my previous posts (shame I can't get the same treatment), and since I already stated I don't hate the poor girl, but I'm not blind to her faults and the faults of her actions as I see them, I am going to call it quits on this debate that has become rather onerous. You are more than welcome to reply back kagato3 dear, since I'm not trying to get the last word, but have simply grown weary. It's just that I will not be replying to your reply if you do is all. I do enjoy debates but only when both parties can acknowledge the points each party is making, if you want to ignore/refute any point I make, then the debate becomes rather one-sided and pointless. My thanks to to DJTrizz and Langus who I had fun with.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 04:42   Link #302
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Urahara called her useless and a burden when she came to him to get stronger Renji even advises they "cut ties with her". That sure as hell sounds like they should abandon her.
It may seem that way but Urahara said that becuase he knew Aizen was after Orihime for her power. He wanted her not to bother so she won't get taken by Aizen. Urahara did say it himself. Also I come to the understanding that he should've never said such harsh words because what he was trying to prevent with those harsh words ended up happening anyway. Another thing Urahara said those mean things, I can be wrong but by "they" I take it you mean her friends as well abanonded her, they did not abandon Orihime, they did go after her didn't they?
Also Soul Society did choose not to go after her because the head captian knew that by taking her Aizen planned a trap. Whether you call this abandoning her or not, He did not want to walk right into it. He did warn Ichigo about this. That doesn't mean everyone just gave up on her.
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 21:19   Link #303
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
I have felt a little sorry Orihime, but not much . The constant Kurosaki-kun junk ruins, but I do feel sorry that she is blinded by her own weakness to see Ichigo. She could do so much more, but she is so blind by her tears that she can't do anything. She is like a princess wantting to be rescued, but only wants to be rescued by one person, and she has no back bone to stand up. At laest when Rukia was in imprisoned Rukia showed some back bone remeber when she was talking to Renji.

Really Orihime do something. I would prefer her be matched with someone more simular to her like Ishida, but even then do something I think I am just going on about nothing
__________________

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-08-15 at 01:48.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 18:57   Link #304
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
It may seem that way but Urahara said that becuase he knew Aizen was after Orihime for her power. He wanted her not to bother so she won't get taken by Aizen. Urahara did say it himself. Also I come to the understanding that he should've never said such harsh words because what he was trying to prevent with those harsh words ended up happening anyway. Another thing Urahara said those mean things, I can be wrong but by "they" I take it you mean her friends as well abanonded her, they did not abandon Orihime, they did go after her didn't they?
Also Soul Society did choose not to go after her because the head captian knew that by taking her Aizen planned a trap. Whether you call this abandoning her or not, He did not want to walk right into it. He did warn Ichigo about this. That doesn't mean everyone just gave up on her.
Remember I am trying to show Orihime's point of veiw not the reality of what happend and she doesn't have all the information that we the readers do. The last thing she knows before she is kidnaped is that Urahara and Renji belive she is useless and a burden and Renji is adviseing that they cut all ties to her. So the only person she knows about that could possably get anyone to HM is not likely to help and Renji's opinion could be taken as the standard SS opinion meaning help from that quarter is also unlikely. Not only that Urahara play her powers off as being inferroir to what the healing squad can do so she is even less likely to resiest because to her there is nothing importent about her.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 22:31   Link #305
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Remember I am trying to show Orihime's point of veiw not the reality of what happend and she doesn't have all the information that we the readers do. The last thing she knows before she is kidnaped is that Urahara and Renji belive she is useless and a burden and Renji is adviseing that they cut all ties to her. So the only person she knows about that could possably get anyone to HM is not likely to help and Renji's opinion could be taken as the standard SS opinion meaning help from that quarter is also unlikely. Not only that Urahara play her powers off as being inferroir to what the healing squad can do so she is even less likely to resiest because to her there is nothing importent about her.
hmm yes I understand that, but Rukia was there for Orihime to lift her spirits so I'm pretty sure Orihime knows that she was not really alone. Remember during the soul society arc she still felt like she was a burden and couldn't do much but watch. Ishida says also how Orihime feels during Ichigos battle with Byakuya. She always felt useless even when nobody told her she was, so you can't really blame others for something she already felt.
Orihime really needs to toughen up. Like with Ichigo when he lacks resolve his blade becomes dull, well same for Orihime, if she were not to lack self confidence she can prove them wrong. But most of all she can prove to herself that she in is not worthless. Rukia even told her that lack of self confidence is her real problem.
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~

Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-08-09 at 01:29.
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 22:30   Link #306
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
No I don't.

Do you know who I feel sorry for?

Someone like Mordechai Vanunu. Or even someone like Wu's character who has his hand chopped off in The Shinjuku Incident.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 22:51   Link #307
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Okay, I feel sorry for a girl named Xion. She really does sacrifice herself. Nothing similar to Orihime. She actually dies in the boy she loves arms, because I believe she had to fight him. After that her exsistence is erased and no one no longer remembers she was ever alive, she was never there. You know whats even more sad? In the beggining and all the way through, she never know who she really was.
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~

Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-08-09 at 23:31.
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 05:49   Link #308
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
Okay, I feel sorry for a girl named Xion. She really does sacrifice herself. Nothing similar to Orihime. She actually dies in the boy she loves arms, because I believe she had to fight him. After that her exsistence is erased and no one no longer remembers she was ever alive, she was never there. You know whats even more sad? In the beggining and all the way through, she never know who she really was.
Who is Xion? That almost sounds similar to what Senna did for Ichigo.

On Topic: I do and I don't feel sorry for Orihime. The manga series and how they replay flashbacks such as the Vizards story made me
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 22:11   Link #309
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Who is Xion? That almost sounds similar to what Senna did for Ichigo.

On Topic: I do and I don't feel sorry for Orihime. The manga series and how they replay flashbacks such as the Vizards story made me
Xion is a girl from Kingdom Hearts. Now that I think about it it is very similar to Senna. She is in love with a boy named Roxas, but Roxas is not suppose to exsist, he is another being of a boy named Sora (Roxas is Soras Nobody). Sora is in love with a girl named Kairi, and he leaves her behind to look for a friend. While on his jounrey he meets a girl named Namine a being originally from Kairi (Namine is Kairis nobody). Namine has the power to erase connections to anyone who has a bound with Sora. So thats what she does. By doing that a memory of Kairi is created, that memory is Xion (Sora's memory of Kairi).
Sorry about the long explaination.... I just thought I should include it to make things a bit clear.

Now shall we get back to the topic?
I never said if I felt sorry for her
hmmm.... not so much....
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~

Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-08-27 at 12:23.
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 10:35   Link #310
Queen darkness
Lady of mystery
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the darkness the only place for me to feel alive.
Send a message via Yahoo to Queen darkness
That's a good question. Well, other characters have suffered more than her so there no reason for me to feel sorry for her.
Queen darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 11:55   Link #311
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
*after reading latest CHapter* who's this Orihime?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 11:57   Link #312
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
The one who's going to heal everyone bifurcated.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 12:28   Link #313
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
*after reading latest CHapter* who's this Orihime?
Orihime is the ditzy character in Bleach
She is happy with long orangish brown hair. She is often noted as the "Useless" Character in Bleach. To some she had a rough life, her brother passed when she was 12 and other kids had a problem with her....
She is also the girl who is madly in love with Ichigo... and has divine powers, able to heal what most people can't.
I hope that helped..
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 12:42   Link #314
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
I don't think you were supposed to take his comment seriously.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:30   Link #315
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I don't think you were supposed to take his comment seriously.
*Blush*....
Sorry I barley got it! I am a bit Naive.... So sometimes I don't notice.... STUPID ME!
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:20   Link #316
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPrincess View Post
Orihime is the ditzy character in Bleach
She is happy with long orangish brown hair. She is often noted as the "Useless" Character in Bleach. To some she had a rough life, her brother passed when she was 12 and other kids had a problem with her....
She is also the girl who is madly in love with Ichigo... and has divine powers, able to heal what most people can't.
I hope that helped..
That's who Orihime used to be, now she's the annoying chick who's always sad and only knows one word/name.

Also she has big tits.
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:25   Link #317
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
From happy to depressed....
__________________
~♥BigBangBigBang♥~
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:25   Link #318
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That's who Orihime used to be, now she's the annoying chick who's always sad and only knows one word/name.

Also she has big tits.
Yea you get sick of her easily
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:50   Link #319
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Geez, I only wonder the results of a "Do you feel sorry for Aizen?" thread
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 19:51   Link #320
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That's who Orihime used to be, now she's the annoying chick who's always sad and only knows one word/name.

Also she has big tits.
Gin you just defined Orihime's change so easily

I suppose we all know what the one word/name is.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.