AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 58 29.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 30.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 16:59   Link #21
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

I wouldn't say that Nao resembles Ophelia very well. Nao in HiME was selfish and independent, but she didn't harm her own kind. Even in the end when she captured Natsuki, she was only threatening her, but didn't really bring it over her to act on it, _even though she would have had some genuine justification_

Ophelia is simply a sadist of the truest meaning of the word. It's the kind of "playfulness" that rips wings out of flies to see how long they live. Maybe it's a personal matter, but I absolutely detest people who exhibit this kind of purposeful cruelty.

Moe??

Good heavens...
Old 2007-06-19, 17:25   Link #22
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Nao was the first one that jumped into my mind - there should be others out there who better resemble the Sadist of the Century.

And should Ophelia ever be considered for a moe contest, much less actually win the darn thing...
Old 2007-06-19, 18:04   Link #23
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

What's the appeal of Ophelia for me? I love to hate her. She will playfully and innocently talk about this great fun game she's come up with.... That involves your horribly bloody demise, after she does something horrible to you, just to kill time. I'm sure it's nothing that extensive psychiatirc help, inluding electroshock, and maybe a lobotomy can't fix. Or it could just be the ears. Oh and I love her name.
I have got to see if I can find a clip with her talking someday. For some reason I alway's picture her talking in a sing song voice.
Old 2007-06-19, 18:14   Link #24
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Time for everyone to see how girls with ponytails play with barbie dolls. Fortunately Clare brought her live action Ken doll and she's playing house.

In related news, can anyone explain why they like Ophelia so much? (Without spoiling episode 13) I just don't get it. If you have to spoil episode 13 to explain, then please just let it wait until then to answer me.
PMS in action is a sight to behold. Nothing more scary or fascinating to see a girl who is on rampage, especially somebody wielding a big sword and have superlative human abilities. And her playful sadism. As much is revolting, it is also fascinating, as in what is going on in his/her mind when committing such act? There must be a cause and effect in psychological aspect.

Just like volumes of book try to explain Hitler's motivation for killing 4.8 million to 6 million Jews on unprecedented ruthlessness in 20th century since there is a great demand for it. Ophelia will be on same model as to why people find her interesting. It is like admiring tigers as fascinating predator, even though we all knew tigers can have humans for snack if we get too close.
Old 2007-06-19, 18:28   Link #25
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Ophelia is entertaining because I see nearly anything she does as being darkly comedic. Perfect example of another such character would be Kefka.

Now, in FF6, Kefka screwed with the font of mana for the world, causing the planet's tectonic plates to shift in random ways...bringing untold destruction and change to the world.

Why'd he do it? Just because he can. (This guy even has a line that goes "I HATE! I HATE! I HATE! I HATE! I HATE! I HATE!..." for several pages in the game. And there you are, pressing "X" to get through it all.)

And its funny. His untold glee and penchant for destruction is much like how you feel when you used to blow up those little plastic army-men with firecrackers. Or watching a fire burn. It's a cause into itself. It's elemental and primal. There is no motivation. At least, not one that isn't arbitrary or insane.

And watching Ophelia having fun, is fun. A little part of me, one that revels in chaos and destruction, enjoys watching her in action. She's also a hilarious contrast to the usually somber Claymores. She's upbeat and doesn't get down over little things or angst about her condition. (Well, okay, she kinda does later, but it doesn't slow her down for long.) The fact that Clare is so taken aback by her completely inappropriate and surreal behaviors is part of the fun. (Did she just taste my blood?! WTF?)

You can also take nearly any mad-scientist in anime, and pretty much find the same thing. They love their research so much that they don't much care what happens to the people afflicted by the force for change they unleash upon the world. Their child-like glee never diminished for long at any setback to their goals. (Lloyd from Code Geass, Desty Nova from Battle Angel Alita...etc.)

Desty Nova (when being threatened with imminent death, bloodied and missing several teeth): "Oh I can't bear it! To never to be able to eat flan again!"

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-06-19 at 18:56.
Old 2007-06-19, 19:06   Link #26
zetsumei

Ophelia reminds me of Lucy.

Except Ophelia is doing for me fun and enjoy it very much, while Lucy only really go into pyscho mode when someone pisses her off. So Ophelia is like Lucy +1. I just see a lot of similarty between the two.

This is going to be a very good episode. >_< / It only get better from here~ WEEEEEEEEE~ lol

**Hmm, maybe using Mariko as a comparison to Ophelia would be a better match. o:

Last edited by zetsumei; 2007-06-19 at 19:23.
Old 2007-06-19, 19:39   Link #27
pushpaka

Ophelia is far from my favourite character but I still like her alot. The reasons?
So far no one has done as much of a number on Clare as she has. Clare has never been in as much danger before and it's the first time you see Clare really scared as a Claymore. Big props to Ophelia for that.

Ophelia cut to the heart of it when faced with the dilemna of dealing with hostile
humans. Dilemna, what dilemna? Just take up the Ophelia solution Had Teresa done that, she may still be alive. Certainly more appealing, than letting a crazy unwashed bandit try and rape her. It's an ugly bit of logic, but hey I'm sure more than one Claymore thought about it.
Old 2007-06-19, 20:18   Link #28
wrex_japan

Ep. 12 Screencaps and summary.

Some girl on girl fondling, tentacles, and the KISS... wait, what anime are we watching?
Old 2007-06-19, 20:23   Link #29
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpaka View Post
Ophelia is far from my favourite character but I still like her alot. The reasons?
So far no one has done as much of a number on Clare as she has. Clare has never been in as much danger before and it's the first time you see Clare really scared as a Claymore. Big props to Ophelia for that.

Ophelia cut to the heart of it when faced with the dilemna of dealing with hostile
humans. Dilemna, what dilemna? Just take up the Ophelia solution Had Teresa done that, she may still be alive. Certainly more appealing, than letting a crazy unwashed bandit try and rape her. It's an ugly bit of logic, but hey I'm sure more than one Claymore thought about it.
pushpaka, Ophelia's solution wasn't workable for Teresa. Remember Teresa DIDN'T report herself to the Organization. It was her handler/gobetween who spyed on her and reported her actions.. I am just surprised that Ophelia hasn't had her handler report on her. Then again knowing how crazy Ophelia is I think her handler realized that Ophelia would cheerfully chop off his head and just report him as collateral battle damage if he tried spying on her.
Old 2007-06-19, 20:32   Link #30
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
pushpaka, Ophelia's solution wasn't workable for Teresa. Remember Teresa DIDN'T report herself to the Organization. It was her handler/gobetween who spyed on her and reported her actions.. I am just surprised that Ophelia hasn't had her handler report on her. Then again knowing how crazy Ophelia is I think her handler realized that Ophelia would cheerfully chop off his head and just report him as collateral battle damage if he tried spying on her.
You know what I never understood? Just because you can't kill the bandits doesn't mean you can't harm them. Do they really both eyes or ears to live? And you can deprive them of those after they still haven't take a hint after you've broken their fingers or arms. Lucky for them, broken bones will heal...maybe not entirely straight, but they will heal.

*pshaw*

It's sort of funny how the bandits knew right away that Theresa had killed all the Yoma and then the first thing they do is to kill everybody in the village without restraint. Because everybody knows that *dead* peasants are always more useful than *live* ones, right?
Old 2007-06-19, 20:54   Link #31
Archmagination2002

Well.. I think its only the men that were killed at 1st. I think the plan was 1)Kill the men 2)Rape the woman and then kill them(maybe keep a few around for fun) 3)Capture the boys and girls to sell. Healthy children would be more valuable than adults.. easier to control, easier to feed, easier to train and they can be trained easier to accept their lot in life as slaves.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:10   Link #32
OMG_Zerg_Rush

here are some ep pics http://wrexgrafix.com/anime/blog/?p=543
________
Buy No2 Vaporizer

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:57.
Old 2007-06-19, 22:59   Link #33
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Ophelia is simply a sadist of the truest meaning of the word. It's the kind of "playfulness" that rips wings out of flies to see how long they live. Maybe it's a personal matter, but I absolutely detest people who exhibit this kind of purposeful cruelty.
Crazy psycho bi..ch from hell thats was my first thought after this episode.

I guess why most of us are facinated by Ophelia. Is due to her childlike sadistic streak coupled with her playful soft spoken voice which can give you shivers when you see her commiting atrocities.

I fully agree with Mentar that people like this don't deserve any sympathy. However I won't be suprised that she still will be a favourite character for some

btw her voice was a perfect match Madhouse sure knows how to cast their VA's for this series!

on a side note I have visited some other forums an the HATE for Raki has increased a TEN fold !! I wonder why
Old 2007-06-19, 23:10   Link #34
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

OMG!!! That last scene with Clare and Raki was screaming "straight shota" all the way.I must confess that I felt physically aroused.Total turn on!!!!.
Old 2007-06-19, 23:12   Link #35
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, no wonder Miria developed her Phantom speed - to get away from Psycho's grabby hands. Although they could have animated the Clare/Raki scene a bit better at the end... -.-

So, who those who have watched the ep and to those who will watch it soon enough. Who is more of a monster here - Priscilla or Ophelia? As if this question wasn't going to pop up eventually...
Old 2007-06-19, 23:26   Link #36
pomps
グ~

Clare goes above them all, look at her face after the thing with Raki, it scrared the heck out of me. Clare with those eyes equals OMG$%^%_-=!!!.
Old 2007-06-20, 00:45   Link #37
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Ophelia ??

pyscho like pyschos :P
Old 2007-06-20, 00:46   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

More screenshots to those of WrexJ... Had to check out on the raw after observing so much commotion over Ophelia. This pointy eared and neatly pony tailed hotty has my attention because she is willing play with Ken.. er I mean Raki, without any formal invitation. I was so hoping he would be taken care of in this episode for an early exit, but as I've feared, this horribly voiced character has some major role to play in this show. Hence, will have to endure the voice of the horrible VA behind this pathetic character.

Spoiler for more on the episode:
Old 2007-06-20, 00:53   Link #39
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Wow, no wonder Miria developed her Phantom speed - to get away from Psycho's grabby hands. Although they could have animated the Clare/Raki scene a bit better at the end... -.-

So, who those who have watched the ep and to those who will watch it soon enough. Who is more of a monster here - Priscilla or Ophelia? As if this question wasn't going to pop up eventually...
Thats difficult to say since Priscilla killed Teresa!! And I find her a bit self righteous. But on the other hand Ophelia is just plain sick and enjoys torturing people and she kills the people (normal humans) just as easy as the yoma she encounters.

So I find Ophelia the bigger monster.
Old 2007-06-20, 01:04   Link #40
akimoko

i've enjoyed the anime alot so far, this episodes looks to be very great, does anyone have any idea of when the subbed episode will be ready? i can't wait to see it haha.

as for the ophellia and priscilla debate, i would definitely say ophellia is the monster because priscilla transformed into a awakened one because of her sense of justice.
Closed Thread