AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 58 29.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 30.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-20, 01:09   Link #41
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood CA USA
I kinda dig Ophelia's character. Every story has got to have a crazy character that 's off the charts, and Ophelia fits that mold.

priscilla on the other hand, is not difficult to read. It's: eat humans, think of ways on how to screw the claymores..then reverse.
hollywoodlou is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 01:42   Link #42
wpninja
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 32
Did this episode end up showing everything that happened in those chapters from the Manga?
wpninja is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 01:53   Link #43
cyoti
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
No more Raki.
cyoti is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 03:32   Link #44
migs.
Uninspired
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via MSN to migs. Send a message via Yahoo to migs.
Did eclipse released the subbed ep 12?

I'm looking forward on seeing the animated Ophelia
migs. is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 03:34   Link #45
EasyPrey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Time for everyone to see how girls with ponytails play with barbie dolls. Fortunately Clare brought her live action Ken doll and she's playing house.
Okay I admit, I may have been slightly of in my prediction.

He at least, we got to see Opelia play with her "dolls".

-----------------

Therefore it is time for my next prediction.

There was an episode of Seinfeld, where two girls were fighting. Seinfeld did not want their fight interrupted because when two good looking girls are fighting, there is a possibility that they will stop fighting and start kissing each other!

Here is what we know:

1) Ophelia has a ponytail.

2) Ophelia and Clare are fighting.

3) From the raw, it appears that Ophelia is already fondling Clare's breasts. Damn, Ophelia already moved to the second base!

3) There is always a possibility that when two decent looking women are fighting, they will stop fighting and start kissing each other.

Therefore, I am willing to go out on a limb and predict that Clare and Ophelia will stop fighting and start kissing each other in the next episode!

That is my theory anyway.

-EasyPrey

Last edited by EasyPrey; 2007-06-20 at 03:51. Reason: minor spelling corrections
EasyPrey is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 03:38   Link #46
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs. View Post
Did eclipse released the subbed ep 12?
O_o

Asking that 13 hours after airing and 7 hours after raw availability is a LITTLE bit excessive, don't you think?

My my my...

Anyway, again a solid 8, and that for one of those episode I knew I'd like least. Again, Madhouse made a few minimal adjustments compared to the manga to smooth things out and make it flow better. Well done!
Mentar is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 03:43   Link #47
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Only thing I do not like so far is the fact they made a certain "scene" alot more romantic then it was in the Manga, looks kinda out of place. Raki hate will also explode to unimaginable levels.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 03:46   Link #48
ritalman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Paris
Age: 35
Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Ophelia makes me think of a Claymore Cammy, so it's quite sold in my book. I'd have prefered her on the good side but well...
ritalman is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 04:34   Link #49
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPrey View Post
Therefore it is time for my next prediction.

There was an episode of Seinfeld, where two girls were fighting. Seinfeld did not want their fight interrupted because when two good looking girls are fighting, there is a possibility that they will stop fighting and start kissing each other!

Here is what we know:

1) Ophelia has a ponytail.

2) Ophelia and Clare are fighting.

3) From the raw, it appears that Ophelia is already fondling Clare's breasts. Damn, Ophelia already moved to the second base!

3) There is always a possibility that when two decent looking women are fighting, they will stop fighting and start kissing each other.

Therefore, I am willing to go out on a limb and predict that Clare and Ophelia will stop fighting and start kissing each other in the next episode!

That is my theory anyway.

-EasyPrey
That's the second time you've pointed out her ponytail. I'm going to go out on a limb here and deduce that you are fond of girls with pony tails. Considering how common yuri is in anime I think that this prediction is more likely than the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Only thing I do not like so far is the fact they made a certain "scene" alot more romantic then it was in the Manga, looks kinda out of place. Raki hate will also explode to unimaginable levels.
It looked pretty romantic in the manga. I was shocked. Until that kiss I was thinking Raki was like a little brother to her. Then came "The Kiss" and there was no way you kiss your brother like that. Is it really hotter than the one I saw in the manga? Wow.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 04:49   Link #50
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iberian Peninsule...
Age: 26
Helen wise words comes to my mind.
Defiled one is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 04:49   Link #51
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It looked pretty romantic in the manga. I was shocked. Until that kiss I was thinking Raki was like a little brother to her. Then came "The Kiss" and there was no way you kiss your brother like that. Is it really hotter than the one I saw in the manga? Wow.
I would rate the one in the Manga as a chaste kiss, the one in the anime I would rate as a cover the children's eyes! kiss.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 04:54   Link #52
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I would rate the one in the Manga as a chaste kiss, the one in the anime I would rate as a cover the children's eyes! kiss.
Exactly.

Clare was throwing Raki the "prostitute" look. That didn't happen in the manga!
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:10   Link #53
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
When I saw it in the Manga I was shock but the statement she make later own about "looking for some one she care for" made the kiss more appropriate i though. I will agree that the kiss is a bit more than what manga show but I guess in the anime they had more time to make romantic. It make the promise to find him all the more important for Clare.
dxanato is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:17   Link #54
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iberian Peninsule...
Age: 26
I think it fitted perfectly Clare emotions. Yeah, I have nothing against it except..JEALOUSY!!

Now it just keeps getting better and better.
Defiled one is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:33   Link #55
superzombie23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Exactly.

Clare was throwing Raki the "prostitute" look. That didn't happen in the manga!
That's hilarious.
superzombie23 is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:44   Link #56
Joka
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
First of all Ophelia is somebody I would hire for my daycare business.

Second you Raki haters saw how much the poor bastard took. It isn't easy to not scream when you get things like that done to you.

Third I was really surprised that Claymores can reattach limbs. Their regenerative powers are A LOT more than I thought they were.


Spoiler:
Joka is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:46   Link #57
t3ck
Anime Freak
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The sound effect and the animation doesn't seems so good in this episode. The producer doesn't like Ophelia. She isn't animated as good as Galatea.
__________________
t3ck is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:52   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
Third I was really surprised that Claymores can reattach limbs. Their regenerative powers are A LOT more than I thought they were.
Eh? I think regrowing limbs like Deneve is a lot more impressive. After all, we can reattach our limbs, with surgery.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2007-06-20, 05:57   Link #59
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iberian Peninsule...
Age: 26
What about the awakened, now thats a nasty mouth.
Defiled one is offline  
Old 2007-06-20, 06:27   Link #60
SimplyEd
Claytard
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: U.M.N.
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
The sound effect and the animation doesn't seems so good in this episode. The producer doesn't like Ophelia. She isn't animated as good as Galatea.


I'm sure they are doing the best they are monetarily able right now.



As for THE KISS: People, don't get so excited over such trivial things. It's just a kiss. The little twerp wouldn't have left her without that lasting impression.
SimplyEd is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.