AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 15:15   Link #1
mazymus

Gundam Seed Destiny DVD's

Hi all,

I just finished renting all the available DVD's for Gundam seed destiny from Netflix here at U.S.

The big, BIG problem is that they only have it to disc 8 (episode 34). I can't believe that netflix doesn't have the rest of the series.

Do you know if the rest of the series has been released here in the U.S? I understand that the 13 discs are out in Japan, but not sure if they have the english dubbed out yet.

I guess I can always watch it in Japanes, and look at subtitles, but kinda hard to do, now that I'm so used to the american voices. Do you know if the Japanese version has English subs???

Please help,
Thanks.
mazymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 15:18   Link #2
Gundam Zero Force

It is hard to find them, I haven't seen Seed yet and I don't think they have a collector set yet where you can get all the episodes in one bundle. Good luck finding a place that has all the episodes in one peice . . . I am still waiting for something like that to come out.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 15:47   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Currently the DVD set is currently being released and at this point in time only the first 8 (of 12) DVDs have been released, that is why Netflix doesn't have the complete series available because the last few DVDs do not yet exist.

Vol 9 is due for release on the 17th July 2007.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 15:51   Link #4
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Currently the DVD set is currently being released and at this point in time only the first 8 DVDs have been released, that is why Netflix doesn't have the complete series available because the last few DVDs do not yet exist.

Vol 9 is due for release on the 17th July.
are we talking about Seed or Seed Destiny here?? I am looking to buy both series.

Kind of like how G Gundam and Gundam Wing have that "brick" set. I was hoping something like that would come out. I was looking online and to get all the DVD's separate it would cost like $100+ while at besy buy I was able to get Gundam wing for like $80. I hope sme time soon Seed will have something like that, it saves me money and time trying to hunt down all the DVD's separately.
Old 2007-06-19, 15:53   Link #5
thephreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
are we talking about Seed or Seed Destiny here?? I am looking to buy both series.
all the SEED dvds are out already, if thats what your askin, but i think you still have to buy em seperately

I figured out what's wrong with my life: It's other poeple
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 15:57   Link #6
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephreak View Post
all the SEED dvds are out already, if thats what your askin, but i think you still have to buy em seperately
Yes, I have seen all the Seed and Seed Destiny DVD's around, I was just wondering if they will ever make a collectors set kind of like how they did with G Gundam and Gundam Wing. If I cannot find a set in awhile then I'll just go and buy them one by one.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:11   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
I was talking about Gundam Seed Destiny DVDs specifically (those released in the U.S. at least, not the Japanese R2 releases). Only the first 8 DVDs have been released and Vol 9 is available for pre-order.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:13   Link #8
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
I was talking about Gundam Seed Destiny DVDs specifically (those released in the U.S. at least, not the Japanese R2 releases). Only the first 8 DVDs have been released and Vol 9 is available for pre-order.
ok cool, I appreciate the info
Old 2007-06-19, 16:14   Link #9
thephreak

there is already a complete boxed collection set on sale with all 10 dvds, although i think the U.S. does not sell them unless you go to a retailer store that imports from other countries. here is a site from australia that shows what the boxed set should look like. http://www.gpstore.co.nz/DVDs/1520429.html. I dont know if the site is legit or not though....

edit: o, btw, the japan already has a complete dvd boxed set of DESTINY that comes in 6 discs episodes 1-50

I figured out what's wrong with my life: It's other poeple

Last edited by thephreak; 2007-06-19 at 16:18. Reason: edit
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 16:22   Link #10
mazymus

Thanks for all the replies. I was actualy referring to the destiny series.

I'll check the site out, although I hate to spend all that money, as I don't need the 1-8 disks... I too noticed the amazon pre-order thing for disc 9. Still, where are discs 10, 11, 12, 13???

Has anyone seen the episoded 35-51 in english dub??? Does it exist yet?

Also, I do understand your point re watching it in japanese vs english. But after a while, I get sick of trying to read the text, and watch all that fast paced action. I think it realy really takes away from the show when I'm constantly looking down, up, down, up, etc. At least for me it does.

Also, I'm working out when I watch the series, so it's even harder for me to do both.

Thanks again for all your help guys (and gals)
Old 2007-06-19, 16:27   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
there is already a complete boxed collection set on sale with all 10 dvds, although i think the U.S. does not sell them unless you go to a retailer store that imports from other countries. here is a site from australia that shows what the boxed set should look like. http://www.gpstore.co.nz/DVDs/1520429.html. I dont know if the site is legit or not though....
It looks like the official Region 4 Gundam Seed Boxset (not GSD).

I don't think that Gundam Seed has been released in a box-set in the U.S. (Region 1), only as 10 separate DVDs.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:31   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazymus View Post
I'll check the site out, although I hate to spend all that money, as I don't need the 1-8 disks... I too noticed the amazon pre-order thing for disc 9. Still, where are discs 10, 11, 12, 13???

Has anyone seen the episoded 35-51 in english dub??? Does it exist yet?
As I said, the final few DVDs for Gundam Seed Destiny haven't been released yet. Approximate release dates will be...

Vol 10 Sept 2007
Vol 11 Nov 2007
Vol 12 Jan 2008

There are 12 Volumes in total.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:31   Link #13
mazymus

that's right. I'm looking for destiny.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:33   Link #14
mazymus

Quote:
As I said, the final few DVDs for Gundam Seed Destiny haven't been released yet. Approximate release dates will be...

Vol 10 Sept 2007
Vol 11 Nov 2007
Vol 12 Jan 2008

There are 12 Volumes in total.
Ah, I didn't see that.

Why so late? Is it the dubbing that's taking so long? or is it that the episodes have aired, but not released anywhere, including japan?
Old 2007-06-19, 16:47   Link #15
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazymus View Post
Why so late? Is it the dubbing that's taking so long? or is it that the episodes have aired, but not released anywhere, including japan?
It's not late, a release schedule of 1 DVD every 2 months is pretty much the standard for the U.S.

There are various economical reasons for this, it means the series will have a visible shelf presence in a retail store during the entire release, it means people can save up to afford the next DVD, there are lots of reasons for such a schedule. You may not like it if you want the entire series now but you will have to have some patience.
Old 2007-06-19, 17:04   Link #16
mazymus

OK, I guess my point was that the series came to japan in 2004/5, and it's finaly being released in it's entirety at 2008. So I was just wondering if the delay in release was only in the US, or is it worldwide? Now-a-days, DVD's are sooner much faster after a release of a movie, usualy about 6 months after...
Old 2007-06-19, 21:04   Link #17
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:

edit: o, btw, the japan already has a complete dvd boxed set of DESTINY that comes in 6 discs episodes 1-50
No way. There's simply no way that an official DVD box set of a 50 episode show is crammed onto 6 discs. Must be a bootleg.

The region 4 box set for SEED is legit though, the main import store here has it. We import a lot of R4 anime here, since it's PAL.

Get those icky NTSC DVD's away from me .

Quote:
Now-a-days, DVD's are sooner much faster after a release of a movie, usualy about 6 months after...
Well, that's for *one movie*, which the publishing company usually owns all of the rights to, and which already has had exposure. Anime DVD's need shelf life, and usually start to be released a few months after it has been licensed or the show has finished its run, since the Japanese publishers often wish to restrict DVD importing to Japan from the US since the anime DVD's are cheaper here.

The licensing companies also usually pay a licensing fee *per episode*, so they need discs to sell to recoup those costs.

It's really not comparable, at all, to a US company releasing its own US movie onto the US DVD market.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 01:06   Link #18
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well since each gsd will ready in 2 month with latest in july then sept & etc 2 months for gsd dvd.

then after gsd series on dvd will be gsd special edtion, gsd stargazer, & gs fan disc supernova
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 07:20   Link #19
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
gs fan disc supernova
um... what is that?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 07:54   Link #20
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
then after gsd series on dvd will be gsd special edtion, gsd stargazer, & gs fan disc supernova
There's really no indication that any of these will be released on DVD in the US.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote