AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-20, 08:43   Link #21
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i wish the DVD edition had that infamous episode subbed by cellphone^2 (i think it was episode 38 or 42).
if the DVD version dont have that episode it s pointless to buy them. that episode alone can justify shedding money on GSD.
__________________
Outside of a dog reading is man's best friend, inside it s too dark to read...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 15:05   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
um... what is that?
^It's the chibi-SEED OVA..There's a whole nother thread about it with pictures...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 14:17   Link #23
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
I know this thread is about the Gundam Seed Destiny DVD's but I had a quick question about th Seed DVD's and I didnt want to start a new thread.

I am about to buy all 10 discs but I also noticed there are 3 movies also. Are the movie just a recut of the episodes of Gundam Seed or are they a completely new movie like the Endless Waltz was for Gundam Wing?? Thanks

oh yeah one last thing I don't know much about it but is the final plus episode part of Gundam Seed Series or the Gundam Seed Destiny series? thanks.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 16:13   Link #24
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
The 3 "movies" are the Special Edition episodes of SEED. Basically, they are a condensed version of the series with some small new animations, and a few changes, which make them the "official" versions of the story, such as the removal of a particular helmet from the end of the series, allowing a certain element of Destiny to exist.

Final PLUS is the last episode of Destiny with some additions and changes. There is a short, roughly 5 minute OVA called "After PHASE" that is set after SEED but before Destiny. It was originally supposed to be on the SEED Movie 3 DVD but never came with it, so at this point, unless they tack it onto a Destiny disc, it's not coming.

There are also 4 similar Special Edition episodes of Destiny but they haven't been announced as liscenced for R1, though I would guess they will eventually come out.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 16:19   Link #25
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom View Post
The 3 "movies" are the Special Edition episodes of SEED. Basically, they are a condensed version of the series with some small new animations, and a few changes, which make them the "official" versions of the story, such as the removal of a particular helmet from the end of the series, allowing a certain element of Destiny to exist.

Final PLUS is the last episode of Destiny with some additions and changes. There is a short, roughly 5 minute OVA called "After PHASE" that is set after SEED but before Destiny. It was originally supposed to be on the SEED Movie 3 DVD but never came with it, so at this point, unless they tack it onto a Destiny disc, it's not coming.

There are also 4 similar Special Edition episodes of Destiny but they haven't been announced as liscenced for R1, though I would guess they will eventually come out.
so basically I shouldn't bother with the 3 Seed movies. If the "new stuff" is very small or non-important I don't see the point in spending
money on it unless it is worthwhile.

And that helmet you speak of, what was the point in changing/getting rid of it??

EDIT: While I'm on the topic of movies. Does Seed or Seed Destiny have any real movies like Gundam Wing did with the Endless Waltz or are the only movies Seed has is the recuts . . .
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 17:49   Link #26
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
As far as the SE's being worthwhile or not is up to you. I personally like having them so taht I can run through SEED again faster than watching the entire series.

For your third question, the Cosmic Era timeline currently does not have an Endless Waltz or Gundam F91 style movie, but one is in production. There isn't a release date set for it though.

As for your second question about the helmet, I'll spoiler it in case you haven't watched SEED or Destiny past Episode 35 or so...


Spoiler for SEED Ending and Destiny:


So thats basically the helmet thing.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 18:02   Link #27
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Endless Waltz is a OVA, not a full length film..
The Seed movie will be the first Gundam film since F91 (1991)
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 18:59   Link #28
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Endless Waltz is a OVA, not a full length film..
Not entirely true. While it is true that EW was an OVA first, the Special Edition version was released theatrically with added scenes. It doesn't make it an original theatrical film, but aside from CCA and F91, none of the movies are. 0079, Zeta, Turn A...all of those were made basically the same way. Scenes from episodes mixed with new stuff. EW just had a lot more episode stuff used.

Quote:
The Seed movie will be the first Gundam film since F91 (1991)
Untrue if you want to get technical. Endless Waltz SE, the two Turn A compilations, and Zeta: A New Translation were all released in theaters. But the SEED movie will be the first full, original theatrical film since F91.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 19:13   Link #29
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
Thanks for the info, I guess i willl give some thought about the 3 movies and see if i still want to get them.


Quote:
Not entirely true. While it is true that EW was an OVA first, the Special Edition version was released theatrically with added scenes. It doesn't make it an original theatrical film, but aside from CCA and F91, none of the movies are. 0079, Zeta, Turn A...all of those were made basically the same way. Scenes from episodes mixed with new stuff. EW just had a lot more episode stuff used.
Yes that is true, I have the Speical Edition of the Endless waltz and it has the OAV and a full length movie with even more scenes.

The OVA didn't have any scenes with Dorthy or extra battle scenes near the end. The OVA and the Movie style version are different but the OAV is kind of a cut version due to the fact that was what aired on Toonami I believe


Quote:
For your third question, the Cosmic Era timeline currently does not have an Endless Waltz or Gundam F91 style movie, but one is in production. There isn't a release date set for it though.
ok cool. I'll keep an eye out for that Seed movie.

A appreciate the answers they were extremely helpful, thanks
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 21:42   Link #30
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Funny enough, the Toonami Version is actually the OVA edited together into a movie, so they cut the episode openings and credits out to make the TV movie. They did not air the Special Edition movie. I actually like the OVA/Toonami version better because the soundtrack meshes better, like Wing ZERO's final appearance has a better piece playing than the movie.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 22:12   Link #31
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom View Post
Funny enough, the Toonami Version is actually the OVA edited together into a movie, so they cut the episode openings and credits out to make the TV movie. They did not air the Special Edition movie. I actually like the OVA/Toonami version better because the soundtrack meshes better, like Wing ZERO's final appearance has a better piece playing than the movie.
Yeah Endless Waltz on toonami was OVA meshed into a movie style. Ah those were the good ole' days when gundam was on tv . . . .

You are also right about the music part too. There are some parts in the movie edition that are silent . . . .but the ending credit music makes up for it
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 10:00   Link #32
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe - The Netherlands
Age: 25
Quote:
But the SEED movie will be the first full, original theatrical film since F91.
Yes, That's what I meant
__________________
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 17:31   Link #33
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
Well, I mentioned it yesterday and it came true today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
There are also 4 similar Special Edition episodes of Destiny but they haven't been announced as liscenced for R1, though I would guess they will eventually come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunota
ANN reports from the Bandai Entertainment panel at Anime Expo that the Destiny Special Editions were announced.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 17:57   Link #34
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom View Post
Well, I mentioned it yesterday and it came true today...
that is awesome, it means I won't be two years late seeing it like I am with Gundam Seed and whenever they do come out on DVD they should be very interesting to watch.

Well in less than a week I'll have Gundam Seed and finally get to see what everyone has been talking about. Then the next stop is Seed Destiny
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 16:09   Link #35
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
I have a quick question about the Seed Destiny DVD's . . . .

Is there a reason why they are releasing 12 discs instead of 10 like they did with Gundam Seed??

If Seed Destiny has 50 episodes why is it drawn out onto 12 discs instead of 10?? I was just wondering. Are the episodes longer or is there more content with them??
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:07   Link #36
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
I have a quick question about the Seed Destiny DVD's . . . .

Is there a reason why they are releasing 12 discs instead of 10 like they did with Gundam Seed??

If Seed Destiny has 50 episodes why is it drawn out onto 12 discs instead of 10?? I was just wondering. Are the episodes longer or is there more content with them??
Initial Reaction:

Money making.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 18:37   Link #37
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
I guess so, b/c after the first two discs all the rest I beleive only have like 3 episodes per disc. I just seems wierd to do it that way . . . . oh well

I really hope that volume 12 when it comes out will have the final plus on it.
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 18:45   Link #38
Destinyblade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
I guess so, b/c after the first two discs all the rest I beleive only have like 3 episodes per disc. I just seems wierd to do it that way . . . . oh well

I really hope that volume 12 when it comes out will have the final plus on it.
Actually, it's 4 episodes per disc after Volume 2 (Volumes 1 and 2 had 5 episodes each). And it's actually not too unusual because more chances than not, the number of episodes for a TV Series will result in a different amount of episodes for one or two volumes from the rest.

As far as why Bandai did this release in 12 instead of 10, Bandai stated a while back that licenses were becoming more expensive, and thus, it wouldn't be financially possible to keep the number of volumes the same from past years.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this. There was a question about Final Plus at Anime Expo back in early July. They said that Final Plus is going to be on a separate DVD, so unfortunately, it won't be on Volume 12.

Last edited by Destinyblade; 2007-08-06 at 19:55.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 21:39   Link #39
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 30
In regards to the number of DVD's and prices, I calculated it out back when the first DVD's were released in the US, and using the pricing at DeepDiscount.com as a guide, I found that for all of Gundam SEED, without the collectors box, the series will cost you 182.70. For Destiny, calculating out all 12 DVD's, again without the collectors boxes, the series will cost 182.88.

Let that set in for a moment.

Yeah, a whole whopping 18 cents more. For what ends up giving you 2 additonal discs and cases. Thats 18.27 per disc for SEED and 15.24 per disc for Destiny. Consider that DeepDiscount offers a free shipping option and thats it. No additional shipping or anything.

I would say that the additional Final Plus DVD is a rip off, but they had 13 volumes for their releases in Japan. I'm hoping that since we probably won't get teh Strike Freedom cover for Volume 12, since that was the cover for Vol. 13 in Japan, with any luck we'll get the missing cover used on Final Plus. Plus, if Bandai is smart, they'll tack on the After-PHASE OVA from SEED onto the Final Plus disc.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 15:16   Link #40
Gundam Zero Force
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 27
Quote:
In regards to the number of DVD's and prices, I calculated it out back when the first DVD's were released in the US, and using the pricing at DeepDiscount.com as a guide, I found that for all of Gundam SEED, without the collectors box, the series will cost you 182.70. For Destiny, calculating out all 12 DVD's, again without the collectors boxes, the series will cost 182.88.

Let that set in for a moment.

ok thanks, it all makes sense now It looks like sometime in January the 12th Disc will be released . . .

Quote:

I would say that the additional Final Plus DVD is a rip off, but they had 13 volumes for their releases in Japan.
And as far as the Final Plus content, what you are saying is there will be a 13th dvd just for that??

Quote:
Plus, if Bandai is smart, they'll tack on the After-PHASE OVA from SEED onto the Final Plus disc.
What is the After-Phase OVA?? I never heard of that I know it doesn't come with the Seed dvd's (since I have all of them) so it must be some additional footage they created??
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.