AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Filler or No episode?
Filler 22 30.56%
Wait the extra week 50 69.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-20, 18:27   Link #1
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
[Anime] Filler vs. No episode

Just curious, would you rather have a filler episode or no episode at all? Both kind of ruin pacing and viewer anticipation.

Personally, I would rather have a filler. Some fillers are actually almost bearable. My favorite is Episode 101, trying to see Kakashi's face. I wouldn't mind more of those kinds of fillers.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 18:32   Link #2
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

In the middle of a big important story arc like is currently going on, definitely prefer to wait. Fillers make no sense and just serve to annoy. Between arcs it's okay to have a few fillerish things with nothing really going on.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 18:51   Link #3
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Just curious, would you rather have a filler episode or no episode at all? Both kind of ruin pacing and viewer anticipation.

Personally, I would rather have a filler. Some fillers are actually almost bearable. My favorite is Episode 101, trying to see Kakashi's face. I wouldn't mind more of those kinds of fillers.
it was cannon wasnt it?

seriously i prefer to wait 1 more week rather then watching temari and squad of sand doing nothing but complaining every time
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 19:09   Link #4
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
In the middle of a big important story arc like is currently going on, definitely prefer to wait. Fillers make no sense and just serve to annoy. Between arcs it's okay to have a few fillerish things with nothing really going on.
I agree completly...those were my same reasons to vote "wait extra week".
However....at the end of an arc. Let's say everyone is home safe things happened and time to move on. (Let's say right after Sandaime died...) i wouldnt mind watching a filler. But definetly not in the middle of important battles or events.
Old 2007-06-21, 16:41   Link #5
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

Quote:
My favorite is Episode 101
ha XD that's my fave episode.

i don't mind a 1 epi filler, but when it extends... it get's annoying
^_Usagi_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 21:09   Link #6
cheese4u
da big boss

As Tatami said episode 101 is not a filler per se. It was written by Masashi Kishimoto but it was a special edition in the manga. (or something like that)
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 22:19   Link #7
THX

I'd rather have no episode than a filler ep. Filler episodes kind of dilute the quality of the show. But that's just me.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 00:02   Link #8
Jbanger
Banki

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX View Post
I'd rather have no episode than a filler ep. Filler episodes kind of dilute the quality of the show. But that's just me.
I agree! Besides this type of action puts pressure on the CEO's to push out episodes faster and prevents another season of fillers from ever happening again(Thank the Lord!). If they go 3 to 4 weeks without releasing anything they'll go out of business. They would have no choice but to release relevant material to the actual storyline.

However, if it weren't for fillers there would be no difference between the manga and anime series not to mention they would be released around the same time. If I were one of the CEO's I would then just cut either the manga of the TV series to save money...why show the samething twice?

Fillers are also another way of alowing the manga to speed ahead so that the TV series and manga never meet up(bad for business) while keeping the two diverse.

As for me I don't care to waste my time with fillers because there is way too much
anime out there. If they're not ready no problem, I'll just move on to something else until they're ready to give me the rest.
Jbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:28   Link #9
amOKchen
duel me

Fillers are just so annoying, they already made like 100 of them, isnt that enough?

I watched the first 4-5 fillers then I stopped watching naruto until shippudden started. Think im not the only one.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:33   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Naruto was an excellent anime and I will admit that it would be on my top ten without the fillers. However, it comes down to our decision to watch the fillers, so I say yes to fillers and if you don't want to watch them, don't. I'm pretty sure scanning through the first page of the poll thread would tell you if the episode is a filler or not.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:57   Link #11
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Fillers tend to confuse people too. Sometimes it will try to continue after the last episode but make little sense to the real story and that makes people think it's the real story.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 05:05   Link #12
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
However, it comes down to our decision to watch the fillers, so I say yes to fillers and if you don't want to watch them, don't.
That's all well and good when the entire episode is filler, but when it's mixed into ordinary episodes that isn't possible.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 09:03   Link #13
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
That's all well and good when the entire episode is filler, but when it's mixed into ordinary episodes that isn't possible.
Absolutely correct, and then you have to go through the task of trying to decipher what part of the episode is filler and what's real cause you forgot exactly how it happened in the manga.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 23:50   Link #14
Jbanger
Banki

That definatelly makes sense. Fillers are annoying and confuse viewers, all the more reason not to watch them.
Old 2007-06-23, 11:44   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd rather just wait the extra week. At least your getting a quality episode every other week rather than a painful episode almost every week. Would just prefer the quality episode rather than having these bad episodes.
Old 2007-06-23, 12:30   Link #16
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
When you put it that way, then yes I'd rather wait another week. But please remember that not everyone reads the manga (such as me) so we don't know if there's fillers mixed in or if there are any fillers at all. I remember hearing (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) that the fight between Kakashi and Naruto/Sakura was fillers, but I didn't know that until I went on AnimeSuki. That's why I don't mind if fillers are mixed in, because I can't recognize them. This last episode, according to many, was not fillers and everything is in the manga. If so then my main problem with it was its pacing. If they're going to animate manga material like this then there's no reason to wait another week for.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 16:09   Link #17
Jbanger
Banki

Do it for the kids!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I remember hearing (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) that the fight between Kakashi and Naruto/Sakura was fillers, but I didn't know that until I went on AnimeSuki.
I didn't know that either and I read the manga...so don't feel bad.

But back to my point: maybe fillers are inserted into the series because it appeals to kids. Think about it...they don't care about wats really happening all they care about is being entertained. Maybe fillers are just a way of keeping the younger demagraphic satisfied like a stupid name game or something.
Old 2007-06-23, 19:55   Link #18
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

I wouldn't mind watching a 78-ep long filler just before the AL, mysterious member, and tobi being revealed.

Last edited by Medalist; 2007-06-24 at 09:44.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 01:25   Link #19
Jbanger
Banki

What?...I don't understand anything u just said
Old 2007-06-24, 01:54   Link #20
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanger View Post
What?...I don't understand anything u just said
He was saying IMO he is okay with fillers as long as AL, Blue, and Tobi are revealed in the story.

To be honest I agree, some episodes will have fillers and some won't but until then we'll have to deal with it.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote