AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Filler or No episode?
Filler 22 30.56%
Wait the extra week 50 69.44%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-24, 12:19   Link #21
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

i wonder if they went back to make the kakashi gaiden would people consider it a filler or just an extra arc outta nowhere
Old 2007-06-24, 12:22   Link #22
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

It wouldn't be an extra arc out of nowhere it'd just be a string of Flashbacks. But it wouldn't be a filler.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 14:55   Link #23
Jbanger
Banki

Fillers are storyies that have nothing to do with the current series. Kakashi Gaiden was apart of the current series although just an arc. Since it was published as a manga I would not consider this a filler.
Old 2007-06-25, 02:58   Link #24
Rem and Ryuk

Quote:
However, if it weren't for fillers there would be no difference between the manga and anime series not to mention they would be released around the same time. If I were one of the CEO's I would then just cut either the manga of the TV series to save money...why show the samething twice?
No difference? I guess sound and animation mean nothing to you, but they mean the world to me. The debate betwene Manga and Anime is one thing , but I've never seen the idea even once that they are the same thing!
Rem and Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 05:59   Link #25
Willowwhisp

I voted on No episode as well on the assumption that it would interfere with a present arc. Over all, I didn't think all the filler eps were bad, just rushed, but I would be able to tolerate filler episodes between arcs.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 07:51   Link #26
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

and now we have both. and the wait and it's so fillerisch it makes you want to quit watching the show all together.
Old 2007-06-25, 20:57   Link #27
Jbanger
Banki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem and Ryuk View Post
No difference? I guess sound and animation mean nothing to you, but they mean the world to me. The debate betwene Manga and Anime is one thing , but I've never seen the idea even once that they are the same thing!
LOL!

Sound and animation do mean nothing to me, aslong as the story is good I don't care and I believe everyone feels the same way. If the anime is wack and needs the animation to amp it up, then it wasn't worth seeing. Good story arcs stand alone.
Old 2007-06-26, 00:41   Link #28
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
naruto is naruto to me. even if its all sliced and diced.....ill still watch.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:38   Link #29
TRD

I'd rather wait. After all, I only watched like 3-4 eps of the fillers, then stopped and waited till Shippuden started.

I wouldn't mind waiting another year for quality Naruto!
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 08:21   Link #30
Rezard

Naruto should have been canceled a long time ago, I find that eps full of fillers immensely diminish the quality of the show.
Cancel Naruto anime, restart when the manga is over. The best time to do that was before the time jump, but everybody said "we prefer fillers then no Naruto at all". Now it is too late.

Now we no longer have crap filler eps, we have crap manga eps. It is already hard to do a good job, it is even harder if you are thinking first to do a long job and second a good job. Naruto Shippuden has messed priorities.

I no longer watch the anime, I "pass it forward", only to see when they will get back to their senses.

About the kids show, why they would get Naruto for that? Naruto is a dark series, it is not fit to be a kids show (8~12 years), you have lots of people dying , etc. I don't think it is good for kids, One Piece and Bleach are much better for that.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 21:57   Link #31
Jbanger
Banki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard View Post
Naruto should have been canceled a long time ago, I find that eps full of fillers immensely diminish the quality of the show.
Cancel Naruto anime, restart when the manga is over. The best time to do that was before the time jump, but everybody said "we prefer fillers then no Naruto at all". Now it is too late.

Now we no longer have crap filler eps, we have crap manga eps. It is already hard to do a good job, it is even harder if you are thinking first to do a long job and second a good job. Naruto Shippuden has messed priorities.

I no longer watch the anime, I "pass it forward", only to see when they will get back to their senses.

About the kids show, why they would get Naruto for that? Naruto is a dark series, it is not fit to be a kids show (8~12 years), you have lots of people dying , etc. I don't think it is good for kids, One Piece and Bleach are much better for that.

He/She does have a point!
Old 2007-06-26, 22:20   Link #32
kelp

I'm pretty sure Japanese have different standards than Americans about what is too graphic/sexual. Naruto is one of those things that young teenage kids in Japan watch that might not be appropriate by American standards.
kelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 23:19   Link #33
7thFonon
seventh fonon

I'd rather wait another week for an episode. You'll just end up watching a 10 minute show as the other 10 minutes are pauses and repetive crap that is unecessary.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 23:45   Link #34
Stuka

I have to say, some of the filler was better than the story arc. At least with the filler, there weren't 10 episodes with Naruto chasing Saske or Orochimaru in a death struggle with the 3rd. The filler was ok, why does everyone get all down on it. I am glad they had filler eps, most were very good and helped develop the characters.
Stuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 10:19   Link #35
mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX View Post
I'd rather have no episode than a filler ep. Filler episodes kind of dilute the quality of the show. But that's just me.
I totally agree, why donīt they produce two good episodes per month instead of four eps. that sucks?
mind is offline   Reply With Quote