AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 18
Perfect 10 6 4.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 4.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 8.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 20.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 21.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 9.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 6.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 4.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 6 4.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 13.82%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-21, 21:49   Link #21
reloaded
skywalker

Im not really impressed by this episode, only amusing bit was nejis expression when Gai wanted him to do the group thing apart from that its dissapointing hopefully theyll make up for it next episode.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:17   Link #22
noakail

I didnt even watch all i did was skip around. Looks like it was a good choice it ended like you would expect.
noakail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:21   Link #23
indicatoto101

OK. So they spend the whole episode trying to break in but the episode wasn't so bad actually. Naruto was annoying like always; My liking of Kakashi grows each episode (what a sexy voice!); and the team cheer from Gai's team was funny. Unfortunately, I think that's all that happened. We get a cliffhanger once again but I'm afraid the way they animate the upcoming fights may be a disappointment because there are multiple battles coming up and we know what the animation team with multiple battles.
Old 2007-06-21, 23:46   Link #24
Covenant

There was a bit of filler, but it was worth it. It was hilarious..
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 00:15   Link #25
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm m m m m mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmm mm m mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll talk like gai for my post, what a worthless minute of animation time. wow. appalling.
Old 2007-06-22, 00:27   Link #26
CrowKenobi

I'll give it an 8, though I'll bet they could've condensed this episode into the first half without losing anything...

Next episode: multiple fights, multiple cases of filler that can make them last forever!
kami I hope not!

I did notice a certain lack of urgency in this episode... and that does not bode well for the next few episodes... Well, at least we can see what Granny can do!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 00:35   Link #27
philmein

Man, Shippuden keeps getting better and better. How grand.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 00:46   Link #28
filthydani

Anyone knows if the Japanese people are happy about this, are they complaining or anything to the producers , naruto is just making me pissed more and more every time i watch it, itís extremely boring and worthless now what a pity!
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 00:48   Link #29
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
What the ... I'm usually not critical of fillers and such since I haven't read the manga so I don't have that "hurry up" feeling but this...is...bad. I laughed for a bit at the end, yeah, and that's it. I gave the episode a five, and that's my lowest score on any Naruto polls. Absolutely nothing happened this episode plotwise. At least the fillers before Shippuden builds up on some character development, but this is, and I've never said this before for Naruto, a waste of my time.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2007-06-22 at 01:07.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:37   Link #30
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
I honestly didn't like the team gai huddle lol -_-.

It was pretty cool when they did the music where Sakura was about to break the rock but.. I was expecting more of a bang against the rock instead of it splitting and dropping like lego pieces.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 01:49   Link #31
Sazelyt
F i n

I want to ask the producers, is it really worth to add those scenes just to save a few more minutes? The filler parts are not just stupid, they are beyond stupid.

While watching, I thought a lot of times, whether they were able to break the barrier or not.

First, I thought we are gonna see Neji and Naruto fight (the stupidest scene in this episode, as if they do not have any bigger obstacle in front). I expected a few rock-paper-scissors contests to see who will break the barrier first. Then, a few tries to break the barrier. Then, a few minutes of discussions regarding what kind of seal it is. A longer wireless radio setup scene. Maybe, a few 1-2s. Then a longer team motivation scene, Naruto trying to shout at them to be quicker, Gai getting angry at Naruto, Naruto charging at Gai, Kakashi stopping Naruto, Lee trying to stop Gai. Then, an animal in danger waiting to be saved by Lee or Gai, while they are trying to find their targets. Neither Lee nor Gai being able to find their targets. Neji having troubles to direct both of them.

Are the producers aware that, their mission is time-critical, and the third most experienced ninja there is trying to waste that precious time? And are the producers conscious of the fact that angry Naruto conflicts with him getting happy because Gai and his team were taking things slowly? Right now, the fillers play a conflicting role in the story. And, it is more painful to imagine what kind of fillers we will be shown in the next few episodes.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:01   Link #32
Lumir

Excellent episode. The pacing was fine as well as the set up.

Only thing that i didnt like about this ep was the fact that sakura's impact on the bolder only made it crumble rather then explode.

Looks like naruto got really worked up after seeing garra dead on the ground while deidera was sitting on him. The next episode looks to be quite intresting.
Old 2007-06-22, 02:16   Link #33
Azure King
Snr Spammer

O god, i'm getting pretty good at guess whats going to happen in shippuden..
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:23   Link #34
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

They needed a 30min episode just to break the freaking boulder? Excuse me Mr Lumir, if thats the case then the pacing is worse than everything before. But oh well, we knew that before this episode came out :\
I wonder if I should keep downloading this series, Naruto is more and more annoying me, as well as Gai...
What this series need is a ninja who would beat both of them in an instant just to show them that nobody wants to seed their idiotic quarrel. I would like Tenten to be that person (I would love to see her beat Naruto xD) since sadly Kakashi seems to be fully satisfied with the current pacing :X
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:24   Link #35
Riku540

Yes, I do agree that these episodes are being drawn-out to the max. But what do you guys propose? More 1 hour specials so we can catch up to the manga FASTER? I'd much rather see some side-scenes here and there in the actual story episodes than wait 2 years again to watch Naruto. As long as the non-filler parts are treated well I have no complaints.
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:31   Link #36
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You know something is wrong with the pacing if your so called "side-scenes" are taking more time than the main story.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:35   Link #37
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Welll.. after watching the episode.. it wasn't that bad overall... except the Gai formation's chant =.= .. it takes off all the urgency from the situation IMO

Overall, if you can turned off the manga pace attitude.. The episode itself is not bad.

I dont remember the chapter anymore.. but isn't Team Gai's enemy came out before they get the seal off or after?

Artstyle do vary a bit.. you sometimes get pretty TenTen.. but there's some instances where Sakura look so off too... Next episode, personally, I like the art style (especially how their face is drawn)

Now lets have a guess on how the Gai's team enemy is like
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 03:55   Link #38
vhx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post
Yes, I do agree that these episodes are being drawn-out to the max. But what do you guys propose? More 1 hour specials so we can catch up to the manga FASTER? I'd much rather see some side-scenes here and there in the actual story episodes than wait 2 years again to watch Naruto. As long as the non-filler parts are treated well I have no complaints.
It'd take more than a year and a half to catch up to the manga where it is now even if they did like 2-3 chapters an episode.
Old 2007-06-22, 05:11   Link #39
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthydani View Post
Anyone knows if the Japanese people are happy about this, are they complaining or anything to the producers , naruto is just making me pissed more and more every time i watch it, itís extremely boring and worthless now what a pity!
For the last time, no, they don't care! (I'm sorry, but someone asks this question every week.) The show is aimed at children here. As long as they continue buying Naruto merc nothing will change.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 05:12   Link #40
Riku540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
You know something is wrong with the pacing if your so called "side-scenes" are taking more time than the main story.
They haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhx View Post
It'd take more than a year and a half to catch up to the manga where it is now even if they did like 2-3 chapters an episode.
Even so, I'm sure the last thing the anime team wants to do is undo what they've been doing the past two years. Everyone is complaining, but can any of you do better?

The only compromise I can think of would maybe be an American attitude towards releasing episodes; run a certain number of episodes per year and take a break, then come back with the next season. Maybe 1 or 2 arcs at a time, highly depending on the length. It'll probably never happen though since they know there are still people who will watch filler. At least if they did on and off seasons it wouldn't interrupt the flow of the story nor catch up to the manga too fast, given that they planned the breaks between arcs while closing out with a small cliffhanger of what is to come next.
Riku540 is offline   Reply With Quote