AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 18
Perfect 10 6 4.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 4.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 8.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 20.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 21.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 9.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 6.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 4.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 6 4.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 13.82%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-22, 23:21   Link #81
Rurik
Golden

I actually like this episode a lot, and I wasn't bothered by the filler parts at all, I even had a smirk over Gai obsession over the the team hurdle, and As Always Naruto wanting to join that "cool"group, very funny. I gave the episode an 8.

Also the Animation Quality of this and the last episode have gotten better, I hope that for the next episode they continue the same way.
Old 2007-06-23, 00:22   Link #82
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Then, I suggest you to not drop by this thread, cause, as long as the anime continues that way, you will see this kind of posts over and over again.

And, do not forget, the worst shows ever had always viewers who claim the show was perfect. This does not mean the show was perfect, it is just the taste of that viewer was spoiled. Your post reminds me that.
Oh ill continue to post here and ill continue to post "constructive" posts rather then the same ol "it was sooo slow"... "omg this ep sucked"... "This was bad and that was bad"... all that crap is so close to being plain spam.

That other series you are talking about is just that... another series. No flame intended but please dont bring up stuff like that.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:26   Link #83
gibits
Endless

Shittiest episode ever.

The filler antics were inappropriate for the urgency that the situation demanded, and the drawing was just plain bad. It's like the animation team just decided to forgo all the details like proper shading and crease lines for the clothes all together.

Neiji's BBL is getting to the point of ridiculous too; seeing 800+ meters!? Sharingan what?

For all you who just LOVED this episode........ you're are all zealots in the truest sense of the word, there was nothing redeeming about it, ok Tenten looked cute in a few frames, but that's it.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 01:30   Link #84
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
"This was bad and that was bad"... all that crap is so close to being plain spam.
Just to help you understand one thing, saying "this was good and that was good" when it is not good, is not a lot different than what we are doing, actually worse than what we are doing (just deceptive marketing). And, despite that, I am not saying that those kind of people should stop posting (i did only use that as a counter-argument) or stop watching with their eyes open, but, you are saying things along those lines.

And, constructive criticism is only helpful, when your criticism would help change something. If nothing changes, and it only gets worse over time, when it should have gotten better, there won't be any use for constructive criticism. Then, it is better to say the plain truth, which is what we are doing. If you do not enjoy it, just use the ignore button. It is that easy.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 02:12   Link #85
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
For all you who just LOVED this episode........ you're are all zealots in the truest sense of the word, there was nothing redeeming about it, ok Tenten looked cute in a few frames, but that's it.
Hey hey, I liked this episode a lot, and I don't consider myself to be a Zealot, I enjoy it I find those comical parts Funny, and the best part is that this episode had very few Fillers.

And I don't get "the urgency of the moment" when even in the Manga they needed to do almost all of that, and apart of that, they have already Taken a nap (yeah...so much for Urgency there).
Old 2007-06-23, 02:17   Link #86
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Well, I think the nap was necessary to recuperate their energy.. the Gai's team antic was not.. but as I said, if you turn off the chapter pacing detector, the episode itself wasn't bad at all.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 02:26   Link #87
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
^ Well, I think the nap was necessary to recuperate their energy.. the Gai's team antic was not.. but as I said, if you turn off the chapter pacing detector, the episode itself wasn't bad at all.
Yes the Nap was necessarily as stated, but if you think about it so was Neeji recon to the inside, getting the plan to get the Seals away, as the only thing that you could say is out of place is the Gai antic, and you still have to remember the target audience is 10 Year Old and Cartoon Network audience...and not Adult viewers that have seen Anime like Death Note or Ikkitousen (which Im going to buy those DVDs.....)...
Old 2007-06-23, 02:26   Link #88
Guido
Hunger of the Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
The problem I have with this episode is that they could have had integrated with last week's one, then condensed them into a single episode to set up the stage for the final showdown for this arc.
It just kills the pacing and anticipation, because the viewers are getting fed up (if they haven't already made) with all this slow-motion with relative few action or some thought to insert character development.

I gave kudos to this episode only because the Gai's gag involving that everyone, and I repeat everyone, among his team must perform the ritual involving the explosion of youth.
Negi's expression was priceless, and if they censor the whole scene was not due to nature of censoring per se, but because Gai did something too terribly embarrasing or humiliating that could not made its way pass the broadcast code.

HUNGER FOR THE LIVING IS
TURNING TO A FATE LOST IN
A SEA OF BLOOD AND ENTRAILS

Last edited by Guido; 2007-06-23 at 02:36.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 02:41   Link #89
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
but if you think about it so was Neeji recon to the inside, getting the plan to get the Seals away...
You are saying that, but those parts also have their inconsistencies. The simplest one you can think of is Kakashi and Chiyo being aware of the seal, seeing the seal, but allowing Gai to attack the boulder. That is plain stupid. I can understand Gai to do that when Kakashi's team is not there, but, when Kakashi is there, if he does that it becomes really stupid. I mean, there is big seal-paper put on that boulder, which is enough to tell what kind of seal it can be. If they are going to change the order of groups' meeting time so that Naruto can strangle Neji, they should have at least thought about removing Gai-charging scene. But, anyways, it is just stupid.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 02:50   Link #90
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
You are saying that, but those parts also have their inconsistencies. The simplest one you can think of is Kakashi and Chiyo being aware of the seal, seeing the seal, but allowing Gai to attack the boulder. That is plain stupid. I can understand Gai to do that when Kakashi's team is not there, but, when Kakashi is there, if he does that it becomes really stupid. I mean, there is big seal-paper put on that boulder, which is enough to tell what kind of seal it can be. If they are going to change the order of groups' meeting time so that Naruto can strangle Neji, they should have at least thought about removing Gai-charging scene. But, anyways, it is just stupid.

For me it seems they noticed the type of seal after Gai tried to punch the boulder. and even if some find the Gai changing scene stupid, I still smiled at those, regardless if some found it stupid, in this case neither those who like it, or those who find it stupid are wrong, it just different perspective.
Old 2007-06-23, 03:21   Link #91
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

Why do ninjas have wireless radios?
Shiokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 03:56   Link #92
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ They even used those back when they was learning the art of ninja to catch the damn cats back in earlier of the series

For me, the case with Gai and the boulder is kinda like testing it. If its break then no need of such hassle from Kakashi .. In a way, Gai kick was kinda superior then others at that moment.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:49   Link #93
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Thing is, the anime is making Gai looks like a retard lately. Okay, he's always over the top, but not this idiot. And Lee isn't far behind.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 05:46   Link #94
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

sad...last episode I'll see for a long while...this was decent, but I wanted more fighting...::sad panda::

and it was a bit irritating w/ the Team Gai "Put hands in" scene...::sigh::
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 10:26   Link #95
DrunkManCrying

Gawd, another cocktease episode... And the antics... it almost felt like the anime-team was mocking those who had read the manga.
DrunkManCrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 11:25   Link #96
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
They actually spent the whole blasted episode trying to get by the bolder. Thats it, im done. Shippuden is absolute S***. I mean this is pushing it. I know they dont want to catch up to the manga but this is just ridiculous. How much time did they spend outside the cave acting stupid knowing Gaaras life was at risk?
They spent a whole manga i think even more on moving the boulder so the pacing was actually faster then usually.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 12:09   Link #97
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkManCrying View Post
Gawd, another cocktease episode... And the antics... it almost felt like the anime-team was mocking those who had read the manga.
I agree with your statement but what Rurik said was true, although some of those scenes took away at time they were funny. The anime team was trying add some comedy so not everyone watching would be bored. As I say, its better to have some than none .

And manga and anime watchers like myself, some of us know that all was in the manga, but it doesn't mean they have to use a whole episode for a 5-8 min thing. On the other hand, the end of the episode was good.

Furthermore, like others said if we must wait a week for an episode that should've been here before why tease the fans and not make it an hour long.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 12:36   Link #98
the-1

meh, waited 2 weeks for them to break a rock.
the-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 12:38   Link #99
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
So much hate for so little.

I see a lot of negativity all around, and while I think negative criticism is always good in general, the constant bashing of the series have led me to become rather more critical, analyzing the episodes rather than just sitting back and enjoying them. Which is why I took a break off the forums in the first place.

I think everyone should just grab a nice chilled "insert drink of choice", close their eyes and look on this a bit more favourably.

The pacing was adapted to the manga. Going at twice the speed isn't reliable. I've done animation in my course, and trust me, if you want to fit twice the content into the same time frame, there is -a lot- you have to cut out.

I rather have scenes that pan out slightly than camera cuts on characters in different places every 5 seconds. (Which is why, by the way, I didn't like the two simultaneous fights of Itachi-Kisame)
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 12:46   Link #100
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Just to be safe you didn't mean me did you El Frenchie because I wasn't bashing the series just this episode.

I didn't completely hate it but I mean it was just a boulder and some seals but I not saying it would be easy to pull off.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote