AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-19, 02:01   Link #161
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Princeton University
Heh, college work got to you toxic? well same here as well, the college apps are just killing me. But meh, I will probably go on an anime craze after all of this

well, expecting some of your new works (moe for the win )
__________________
Ice Climbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 13:37   Link #162
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Heh, college work got to you toxic? well same here as well, the college apps are just killing me. But meh, I will probably go on an anime craze after all of this

well, expecting some of your new works (moe for the win )
Well..since I am a CLANNAD fanboy..my next few drawings will definitely be more on the Moe side. But it has to wait till December. Have a major exam comin Nov 18th for my post graduate >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Aww ><, but in January you will do some Dangos for me? Since mines aren't really good XD
Yes..anything for u my sweet Shana-chan. Will make maybe a dango 4-koma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
*Finishes browsing through the thread*
heee~ naka naka
Nice pieces of art there, one of my favorites is Chikane and Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko.

I'm a bit of an 'artist' myself...but not that good
Keep up the good work.
Well..that was my FIRST Yuri pic..and yeah..I am very proud of it myself. ^_^

Thanks for the copliments guys..You will have to wait for some more time b4 I am finished with this semester...then I will be back to mangaka mode. Have a Claymore doujin (non-hentai) I wanna draw real bad >.<
__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 15:48   Link #163
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Yes..anything for u my sweet Shana-chan. Will make maybe a dango 4-koma
Then I'll wait
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 16:01   Link #164
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
WHOa...
Good to see you alive and well enough to respond to your supporters, toxic! It has me wondering how often you check this forum...hmm... ah well. As long as you're doing fine. ^_^

Yours truly,

You-Know-Who-I-Am (and-if-you-say-you-forgot-I-will-hunt-you-down)

__________________
~Usuratonkachi aka .LinSetsu.~
Member of MASK, alongside toxic trance and Valduran
Link to LiveJournal
Link to toxic trance's drawings
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 19:35   Link #165
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Dare omaiwa???

Just Kidding..great to c u alive too

I ll get more active..just waitin for this sem to get over with. Become a real pain in the ass. I feel like all my Drawing skills rotting inside me..and i wanna get back to make some stuff asap

Till then..here is one of my Original character for the story my dear friend Usuratonkachi wrote "Saigo nno Kiss" (Last Kiss)

her name is Kaede Wakatsuki...Kawaii Desho~ ^_^ (I have already poted this before but i thought making a new post without putting up a drawing would be a bummer >.<

__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 05:26   Link #166
innominate
hiatus almost permanent
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hmm, seems like I haven't seen you in a while.... =o!

Latest pic > really nice perspective! xD
__________________







& paint the world in muddled smudges
like spilled ink over canvas;

innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 04:44   Link #167
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
FINALLY a new work!!! But Hey!..Its not on Paper o_O

Thank u innonimate san..sorry i didnt see ur reply...I m hardly in the Art forum nowadays

Neway..A return after a loooong time I guess. And rather an unexpected return since i wasnt planning to draw till the next semester. My end semesters are going on, and I got this weekend free. Since the Monday exam is easy..i suddenly got this weird idea of drawing on my hostel room wall.

First time I have tried out such a large drawing..almost life size..Hope u guys like it

Note: Only Pencils used

Spoiler for Nudity is there and large size:
__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 04:50   Link #168
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Yo, welcome back!

Your new piece is very good (probably one of the best I have seen from you! )

Can only hope that you dont get into trouble because of it, though.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:27   Link #169
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
wOW! You are really good at drawing anime. Like the details too.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:55   Link #170
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yo, welcome back!

Your new piece is very good (probably one of the best I have seen from you! )

Can only hope that you dont get into trouble because of it, though.
Well..it definitely feels nice to be back. Just hopin to be back more regularly..placements are coming soon..so in another month i ll have a job and i ll be back for good

Thanks for the compliments..and yes..lets pray my Hostel Warden doesnt look into my room :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
wOW! You are really good at drawing anime. Like the details too.
Arigatou Gozaimasu~ Means a lot
__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 01:43   Link #171
Tran225
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 22
these pictures are amazing how long have you been drawing for and how old are u( just wanna see what age are most good artist at)
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 02:55   Link #172
ZeRoGravity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 27
I would probably make her body darker - I see you did darken the outline of her head. Right now, her tattoo feels very separated from her body because of the huge contrast in tonal value. Might be good to add in more values in tones if you got the time. I think you already know this - her back arm is off and her hand looks a bit weird; otherwise its a good mural. First time I've seen one done in pencil.
__________________
ZeRoGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 04:34   Link #173
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
these pictures are amazing how long have you been drawing for and how old are u( just wanna see what age are most good artist at)
Well..firstly..thnks for complimenting my work. Secondly...I have been doing this for 2 years now. And I am 21 years old. If everythin goes well..maybe i ll be able to put up a manga soon which u guys can review for me ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
I would probably make her body darker - I see you did darken the outline of her head. Right now, her tattoo feels very separated from her body because of the huge contrast in tonal value. Might be good to add in more values in tones if you got the time. I think you already know this - her back arm is off and her hand looks a bit weird; otherwise its a good mural. First time I've seen one done in pencil.
You are reading my mind o_O. The hands were definitely tough to get. I m fairly comfy with them on paper..but on a wall..and that too for the first time was a bit of a hard thing to do. Dunno how to make the tonal quality better since I used only a 2B pencil >.<. I think charcoal would have been a better option..since spreading pencil wasnt very easy.
Tattoo point accepted. The wall was big..and i kinda lost out on how to make it suit the body.
Thanks for the pointers...if i ever draw on my wall again :P i ll remember them

neway..here is another pic to give u an idea of how large it is. I m on left..my frnd on right. The room is small..the pic was taken from real close..I guess i should have rested on the wall to give a better estimation..maybe I ll put up another pic

Spoiler for nudity:


EDIT: I have a weird expression on my face >.<
__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 16:00   Link #174
ZeRoGravity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Dunno how to make the tonal quality better since I used only a 2B pencil >.<. I think charcoal would have been a better option..since spreading pencil wasnt very easy.
You should then use more variety of B pencils like 4B-7B or even 8B. You can hatch or crosshatch like you did with the drapery although it will take a bit longer. Charcoal, conte or art stix can be a time saving alternative.

As for the tonal value, know where your light source is - top right, top left, middle right etc. From what I learned in painting class, standing back - a couple of meters and squint your eyes will help see your values better; what value is working and whats not, where to darken, where to lighten etc. Of course yours is a bit different than a still life; you don't have an actual light source so you gotta imagine where the light is coming from "inside" your mural.

Hope that helps.
__________________
ZeRoGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 18:26   Link #175
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In the space between your walls
Age: 26
wow toxic_trance you are superb
__________________

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 01:57   Link #176
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
You should then use more variety of B pencils like 4B-7B or even 8B. You can hatch or crosshatch like you did with the drapery although it will take a bit longer. Charcoal, conte or art stix can be a time saving alternative.

As for the tonal value, know where your light source is - top right, top left, middle right etc. From what I learned in painting class, standing back - a couple of meters and squint your eyes will help see your values better; what value is working and whats not, where to darken, where to lighten etc. Of course yours is a bit different than a still life; you don't have an actual light source so you gotta imagine where the light is coming from "inside" your mural.

Hope that helps.
Hmm..the lighting effect is something I still need to learn. And as far as such huge drawings are concerned..if charcoal is not available..a higher range of pencils which u mentioned would definitely be a good option.

Thanks for the pointers as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaboso View Post
wow toxic_trance you are superb
ARIGATOU ^_^
__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 02:53   Link #177
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I unfortunately don't do much actual pencil and paper sketching (I sketch on a tablet )... so I cannot give any proper advices on how to improve your drawings.

I doubt you'd need much advices from me anyway, your drawings are great!

+cookie+
__________________

Last edited by MaxwellDemon; 2007-11-27 at 03:16.
MaxwellDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 03:14   Link #178
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I envy good artist... Now Now send me a tablet!!!(Life is so unfair!)
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 03:19   Link #179
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Princeton University
Yo toxic long time no see, so back in action eh? xD

Really nice drawing, actually a GREAT drawing to be exact. Can't believe the canvass is that big xD and wow, what a drawing

Anyways, welcome back (i guess ) and gl with your stuff =]
__________________
Ice Climbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 11:57   Link #180
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Yo toxic long time no see, so back in action eh? xD

Really nice drawing, actually a GREAT drawing to be exact. Can't believe the canvass is that big xD and wow, what a drawing

Anyways, welcome back (i guess ) and gl with your stuff =]
Yes, truly been a long time. And yeah..I m really not back as of yet... maybe in a month or so. Lots of stuff planned..and hands just itching to draw.

Thnks for the compliments..will try to keep delivering. But leaving me aside, seems like u have been doing some great works too. Will follow up with ur works once I am free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
I envy good artist... Now Now send me a tablet!!!(Life is so unfair!)
I dont have a tablet either >.< Anyone having one..send me if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post
I unfortunately don't do much actual pencil and paper sketching (I sketch on a tablet )... so I cannot give any proper advices on how to improve your drawings.

I doubt you'd need much advices from me anyway, your drawings are great!

+cookie+
I am not perfect..so any advice would be great. Espescially since I plan to draw a non hentai Doujin for Claymore soon. So..any feedback is totally welcome
__________________
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
artwork, fanart, manga, toxic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.