AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-26, 13:42   Link #2041
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In The Farplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
*staaaareee*

aboult stalking,.. it's kind of cute one reason I like Shirayuki best in R+V also a big fan of Rose in 2 and a half men, but that's another level

come on, it's not like she stalks him 24/7 and call him every 5 minutes, you wouldn't call Ichigo a pervert just because he once tried to peek under Rangiku's skirt
But Mizore's stalking is cute Orihime's way just isnt
__________________
Endrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:47   Link #2042
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
/avoid stalker argument till something new crops up
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:50   Link #2043
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Starfire is a stalker. A rather cute one at that. I remember when she was playing with a robin puppet, and she was making the puppet compliment her...That was so cute!
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:58   Link #2044
Le_Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Starfire is a stalker. A rather cute one at that. I remember when she was playing with a robin puppet, and she was making the puppet compliment her...That was so cute!
Hey Orihime reminds me of Starfire.... they are both smart and naive to the point of dumb... but starfire does have Robin's heart where Orihime only has fading hopes and dreams of her and Ichigo living happliy ever after.......
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-B64AB96961\My Documents\My Pictures\my icons\new icons\windsofchange.jpeg
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 15:23   Link #2045
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: It's a secret
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Im confused idk that ppl didn't really not like orihime(of course some ppl don't like her, just cuz but..) I haven't really seen any change in her 2 much. I don't think she's emohime just cuz she's sad about being used by aizen ppls 4 healin (or something like that). ...if I missed something tell me. .... but she does need 2 up her self up. She strong in her own way.
__________________

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Animepandafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 16:37   Link #2046
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
She understands Ichigo perfectly. It's just that she does not affect him the way Rukia does. She is not delusional about love IMO.
Nobody has double standarts here.
mehee, just wanted to cause a little stirrup in te thread

didn't work though........
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 18:39   Link #2047
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Yeah, she's a stalker. No matter where Ichigo is, the big jiggly girl will seek out and find him. She is definitely jealous about "the friendship" with Rukia and Ichigo. Not even, Orihime can get Ichigo to smile like that when Rukia made Ichigo apologize.
Of course she is a stalker i mean she forced her way into his class room. ....Wait what do you mean that was someone else. Or how about the time she broke into his house to live in his closet. .... What that was someone else as well? I know there was that time she followed him to his mother's grave after he told her to leave him alone. ...Are you sure that wasn't her? Ok let me go back and check again.
Lets see able to tell when he was near played for laughs claiming she could smell him from 2 stroies up that could be something but given that just about everyone is able to do that now by feeling each others powers it may just be a bit of foreshadowing for her as she was also able to tell kon was not Ichigo right off the bat. Hum meeting him in the park on her way home, the fight with her brother, the Don bit nothing stalkerish there all normal interactons which for the most part Ichigo started. Ah heres one in which she aproched Ichigo ....... to talk about what happend to Rukia. Nope no stalkerish moments there and in fact she gave Ichigo the resolve to go after Rukia. All of the SS arc closest thing is her willingness to stay with Ichigo while he trains rather then go eat but that is more a show of support then anything stalkerish. Ok, she did follow Ichigo after he left the class when the hollow badge sounded, but then so did Chad and she was more interseted in skiping class then Ichigo. Ok, chapter 189 here we go, this is it we have Orihime stalking ..... Shinji with Chad about what is up with him and Ichigo. So close but no cigar. Ok Then there is when she went and found Ichigo and the Vizards ...... like Yamoto asked her to. and thats it untill her kidnaping and no her going to say good bye is not stalking in any deffinetion of the word.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 21:08   Link #2048
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
As your signature said, I'm not going to feed the trolls.

*refrains from repeating argument over again*
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 23:09   Link #2049
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
I am really bored and it's gonna be a long night because it's turkey day

@Rain...it might as well be anti fan club

@ Blue Skies
She is a stalker.... It's funny how a number of fans are under the impression Orihime is a stalker. Do you think that could be because, it might have some truth to it? On second thought answer on my profile or pm me if you feel the need. Then again is "Orihime: Stalker or Not?" relevant to the discussion of Orihime hate? I dunno...



Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Wow, you call her a love-crazed stalker who is delusional about love and stuff but you conveniently make an exception for this quote?(this isnt to Eurys btw)

......interesting -_-
The quote itself is the most important thing. The Mangaka had the Ichiban Ichigo...stalker say it, to cement the meaning behind it.

(..thats why she posted it)

For the record I have never thought Orihime was delusional. She actually fully understands the situation. I have thought some of the fans were delusional( Not all, just some)

Besides...Orihime is very good at empathizing. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
She understands Ichigo perfectly. It's just that she does not affect him the way Rukia does. She is not delusional about love IMO.
Nobody has double standarts here.
Continued from cloak's answer...

This is where I disagree. Orihime does not understand Ichigo at all. It has been shown. Once when she cried over her inability to do what Rukia did. She could not make Ichigo feel better because she did not know how. The second time during the the don't die speech. Unlike Rukia's "Man in my heart speech" It did not make him feel good. It did motivate him but it wasn't encouragement in fact it was the exact opposite.

If you would backtrack a bit.. Remember that Shinji said that Ichigo's hollow would destroy everything even his friends. Shinji didn't mean that Ichigo going Berserker was the only way. The inability to master his hollow, the fear of that hollow almost cost the lives of 3 friends. Here he is in HM trying to rescue a friend that he failed to protect once, and also vowed to protect because of said failure. Here he is in a fight (never mind his reasons for wanting to fight GJ) one that he cannot afford to lose. If he does Orihime and all his friends lives are risk. When Orihime said "You don't have to win...Just don't die" He was reminded again. He was reminded of everything I just said. So he smiled a bittersweet smile and said "I am sorry but I can't let you hurt me". Although he strengthened his resolve, Orihime's plea didn't make him feel good. Instead reminded him of his failures.

This is due to her inability to fully, truly understand Ichigo.

See a lot of people get the things that Orihime can see clearly. Confused with her ability to empathize with Ichigo. (Ishida as well. It's not just Ichigo)

For instance...The time Kagato mentions. Pre-SS, Orihime followed Ichigo. In her conversation she supposedly understood him so well she convinced him to go.
However that was not the case at all. Let me ask you...Do you really believe that Ichigo thought anything along that vein? Do you really believe he was thinking anything like she'd assumed? Hell no! He's not such an airhead. If you will recall the thing that got his attention was "...When your dead"

Out of all the things Orihime said that is what hit home. It was right then Ichigo decided that he didn't have to worry about if he was doing the right thing by going

If Rukia was dead then it didn't matter. He was going to go anyway he just wondered if he was doing the right thing by going. That was not a case of Orihime understanding Ichigo (stalking again, yes)

Before I am bombarded with "Empathy and Understanding is the same thing"
Let me assure you, no it is not. It's true the word "Understand" is in the definition of empathy but I don't mean in that context.
savinspace
Spoiler for Empathy...:


Now...
Spoiler for Savin Space: Understanding ...:


Just because she can easily recognize his emotions when it comes to his feelings about Rukia. Does not mean it is because she understands Ichigo. It's been shown that she does not. Which is why she is so insecure and was jealous of Rukia. Rukia managed to do what she could not in five minutes with a kick, tearing down Ichigo's self esteem and then building it back up with a speech. This was possible because Rukia understands Ichigo and Orihime does not.

She is perceptive (and a stalker) so she can easily recognize the bond between the two. She just can't affect him the same way, because she lacks a total understanding of Ichigo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Of course she is a stalker i mean she forced her way into his class room. ....Wait what do you mean that was someone else. Or how about the time she broke into his house to live in his closet. .... What that was someone else as well? I know there was that time she followed him to his mother's grave after he told her to leave him alone. ...Are you sure that wasn't her? Ok let me go back and check again.
Lets see able to tell when he was near played for laughs claiming she could smell him from 2 stroies up that could be something but given that just about everyone is able to do that now by feeling each others powers it may just be a bit of foreshadowing for her as she was also able to tell kon was not Ichigo right off the bat. Hum meeting him in the park on her way home, the fight with her brother, the Don bit nothing stalkerish there all normal interactons which for the most part Ichigo started. Ah heres one in which she aproched Ichigo ....... to talk about what happend to Rukia. Nope no stalkerish moments there and in fact she gave Ichigo the resolve to go after Rukia. All of the SS arc closest thing is her willingness to stay with Ichigo while he trains rather then go eat but that is more a show of support then anything stalkerish. Ok, she did follow Ichigo after he left the class when the hollow badge sounded, but then so did Chad and she was more interseted in skiping class then Ichigo. Ok, chapter 189 here we go, this is it we have Orihime stalking ..... Shinji with Chad about what is up with him and Ichigo. So close but no cigar. Ok Then there is when she went and found Ichigo and the Vizards ...... like Yamoto asked her to. and thats it untill her kidnaping and no her going to say good bye is not stalking in any deffinetion of the word.
You are twisting things...

1. Although Ichigo told Rukia to leave her alone at the grave. He also said "Well if you are gonna follow me. Do it more discreetly!!!" Meaning...her presence was welcome. He already agreed to help her out, and he knew she have to follow him. He didn't mind her being there. When a person agrees to it. It isn't stalking.

2. She moved into his closet because it was necessary to be near him. So she could use the glove on him (That sounds really naughty)
Did he kick her out? At anytime did he say "You can't stay here!"? When the person whom closet you moved into without permission doesn't call the police. If he doesn't kick you out on your ass. *coughermclearthroatcough* ...It IS NOT called stalking. It's more or less referred to as "Roommates"

3. Didn't Ichigo and Chad make a pact to watch each others back, to fight for each other, to die for each other if need be? Yeah; right? So if Ichigo runs after a hollow and Chad follows. It isn't considered stalking, being nosy, it isn't an intrusion. It should be expected. This is a guy who went to SS with him to help him save Rukia. (Although he wasn't asked it wouldn't be odd to Ichigo for the reasons stated above)Now did Orihime at anytime ever make this deal with Ichigo? Did Ichigo ever vow to her that he'd watch her back and so on and so forth? (Remember this before Ulq and Yammy arrived) No; right? She did make a vow to protect him in SS, but that was all by herself and Ichigo had no part in it. My point is...Even if you have the best intentions, even if you love the guy and he is facing danger. If he jumps up and runs out of room. If he does not call you...If you are not named Chad. If you run out the room and follow him...it is indeed...*coughcoughermclearthroat* ...Stalking.


4. Her following him to "Motivate him to go to SS" has been answered above...


Lastly...Besides being plotkai, and foreshadowing of events to come . I always wondered why Kubo chose Orihime whom wasn't close to Ichigo in any way (That didn't involve her stalking him) to find Ichigo when Rukia could not. I always figured it's because she can out sniff any police dog and find Ichigo under six feet of earth and he doesn't have to have any cocaine on him for her to do so either... Her stalker skills are second to none!


Now the reason I dislike her is because although she phails where Rukia succeeds. She doesn't do anything about it. Instead she does things like ...go to HM and put her friends at risk, just so she can confirm her value to others (Ichigo)

The reason I think she is a stalker...

She insinuates herself into his life. She just tags along without Ichigo hinting or seemingly desiring her company.

P.S...She cries to damn much
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 01:43   Link #2050
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Helltown or Rat-town,Georgia
A+ to you; Utsukushii Hono'o


I think it'll do the poor girl some good if she dies and becomes a hollow because with all of the stalking and jealous; she will feel the emptiness within her and cause her heart to disappear. Then Ichigo can go and redem her sins for the afterlife.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 01:59   Link #2051
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Quote:
When Orihime said "You don't have to win...Just don't die" He was reminded again. He was reminded of everything I just said. So he smiled a bittersweet smile and said "I am sorry but I can't let you hurt me". Although he strengthened his resolve, Orihime's plea didn't make him feel good. Instead reminded him of his failures.
With Grimmjow goading Ichigo on, I think at some point Ichigo kinda forgot why he came there, which later then Kenpachi pointed out to him, though I disagree on the "he should of grabbed the girl and run," when people like Stark are around who are much faster. Yeah, Orihime reminded Ichigo why he was there, but not to remind him of his failures.

and still some people need to learn the definition of stalking, also, imo her jealously is minor in comparison to how you see real jealousy executed, Orihime is hardly the green-eyed monster.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-11-27 at 02:15. Reason: more reasonable objection :p
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:02   Link #2052
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
that can be your interpretation, just can't let it pass as a fact, at least not yet

and still some people need to learn the definition of stalking, not going anywhere near jealously, since heaven forbid anyone get a little jealous...
...but Orihime fans use interpretations as facts. Isn't that a double standard?
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:13   Link #2053
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
yeah, chose the wrong wording, give me a break
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:24   Link #2054
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Its funny how people are using the words "stalker/stalking" incorrectly. Especially with no grain of evidence to back it up. Its like a little kid pointing at a cat and calling it a dog.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:27   Link #2055
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
my post on what defines a stalker is so lost in the mass of pages here...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 02:43   Link #2056
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I think you can make an argument that she is a "stalker" depending on what your definition is. If your definition of stalking is "someone that follows another persona around incescently without invite or directive" then i think you can make that argument pretty easily. Again it all depends on the definition.

In the sense that most people are using it. Broadly stated Stalking is defined as: a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person. I think there is more than enough "evidence" to back at least part of this position though i have never liked the particular position as I don't think that is the picture that Kubo is trying to paint. I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no evidence either or maybe your understanding of evidence is different then mine.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 03:02   Link #2057
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
I am really bored and it's gonna be a long night because it's turkey day
*wanders in and smacks into a massive wall of text*

-the hell?

*looks up*

Well...that's just EPIC.



DJ Trizz:
Spoiler for Manga spoiler:


(Maybe because he was too enamoured with Nel... Poor girl doesn't stand a chance with that hot piece around )
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 03:46   Link #2058
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
@Langus, imo, he should of had a relatively good idea about the rest, since Ulquiorra said so himself that if Ichigo were to somehow defeat him, he had 3 others that were stronger to deal with.

/offtopic, I find it interesting that Zommari says his sonido is the fastest among the Espada and he's only #7. Stark comes in under both Ichigo and Kenpachi's radar and nabs Orihime. Just...interesting.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 05:54   Link #2059
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
@Langus, imo, he should of had a relatively good idea about the rest, since Ulquiorra said so himself that if Ichigo were to somehow defeat him, he had 3 others that were stronger to deal with.

/offtopic, I find it interesting that Zommari says his sonido is the fastest among the Espada and he's only #7. Stark comes in under both Ichigo and Kenpachi's radar and nabs Orihime. Just...interesting.
3 espada stronger than Ulquiorra - 3 SS captains.
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Also, haven't you noticed by now that ALL the espada seem to think they are the strongest/fastest/etc.?

Noi claims he's the strongest espada in HM.

Grimmjow seemed to think the same thing.

Zomma says he's the fastest but
Spoiler for manga spoiler:


(On an unrelated note, are you trying to see how many spoilers you can post before they nab you? )
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 06:25   Link #2060
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Yeah, Orihime reminded Ichigo why he was there
No that was Zaraki. He did so because Ichigo forgot...


Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
but not to remind him of his failures.
That was not her intentions, but it's exactly what happened. If Ichigo had lost to Grimmjow he would have failed to protect Orihime once again. After he vowed he would. So when she called out, to him. He said he couldn't be hurt anymore because of that vow. He made that vow because he'd failed his friends once before. At that moment he was also failing to protect Orihime. Who was right in front of him, whereas Rukia was not. The effect on Ichigo was the total opposite of the "Man in my heart speech" which Orihime's "Don't die speech: is always compared to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
and still some people need to learn the definition of stalking,
Stalking starts out as just following a person around. If it makes you feel better I will say. Orihime is obsessive when it comes to Ichigo and she has the potential to be a stalker. How's that?

Can you honestly admit that she has always insinuated herself in Ichigo's life? (Because she wouldn't be in it any other way)
In any situation Has he ever really sought her out? Can you name one time?
Has he ever said he desired her company? No he has not. ...Looks like a stalker, acts like a stalker, talks like a stalker...then it's a stalker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
also, imo her jealously is minor in comparison to how you see real jealousy executed, Orihime is hardly the green-eyed monster.
The Green-eyed monster is envy...not jealousy and she has shown it.

When she cried in her bathroom and poured her heart out. She said right then and that she was envious of Rukia. Despite liking her as person.



Orihime went from "It would be good if Kuchiki-san like Kurosaki-kun" (Pre-SS arc)

To a little pain when she says "She is more than just a friend to Kurosaki-kun." (SS arc)

To " I am so jealous of Kuchiki-san" (Post SS, Pre HM arc)
Green-eyed monster she was (No way to sugarcoat it. It is what it is...)
It isn't minor. It effects her self-esteem, and decision making. Just because you may be jealous or envious of a person, does not mean you will become a bitter, evil, bitch. (One of her good points)

She may not have instantly declared Rukia her rival because of it. She just declared Rukia to be an incomparable and then beat herself up over it.

She also made a dumb choice because of those feelings of jealousy and inadequateness .
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.