AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-28, 01:37   Link #2081
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
You're not allowed to use the word or a form of the word in the definition xD.
not my wording blame the people at dictionary.com
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:43   Link #2082
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not my wording blame the people at dictionary.com
They fail.

Anyway, we need new stuff to argue with
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 01:47   Link #2083
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
the sky is green!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 05:02   Link #2084
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
no, it's light green!
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 09:26   Link #2085
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
lol, it's ok; i'd prefer Inoue...carrying all that Hime goodness in my arms!! :9
You'll fall.
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 09:40   Link #2086
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
the sky is green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
no, it's light green!
Actually it can be both depending on your surroundings. The sky is prismatic and is merely light refraction of colors. Thats why sometimes we have weird colored skies... erm enough about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I think you can make an argument that she is a "stalker" depending on what your definition is. If your definition of stalking is "someone that follows another persona around incescently without invite or directive" then i think you can make that argument pretty easily. Again it all depends on the definition.

In the sense that most people are using it. Broadly stated Stalking is defined as: a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person. I think there is more than enough "evidence" to back at least part of this position though i have never liked the particular position as I don't think that is the picture that Kubo is trying to paint. I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no evidence either or maybe your understanding of evidence is different then mine.
So far there is no evidence, people started calling her stalker because she came to say goodbye to him. Which is a weak and hate induced slander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
You'll fall.
Uh-oh she's calling you a weak sissy man. Them are fighting words!
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:04   Link #2087
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
You'll fall.
hey, just because you don't have the upper body strength doesn't mean the rest of us don't
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 13:46   Link #2088
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
You'll fall.
I would too. Especially if Orihime was going to land on top of me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
In the sense that most people are using it. Broadly stated Stalking is defined as: a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person. I think there is more than enough "evidence" to back at least part of this position though i have never liked the particular position as I don't think that is the picture that Kubo is trying to paint.
I agree with you on this one, Sinta. Until I see Ichigo being alarmed, annoyed or intimidated by Orihime's behavior, I won't consider it stalking. Stalking is a bona-fide crime. Comparing Orihime's puppy dog crush to real stalkers trivializes that.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 14:48   Link #2089
Ilija
Blah
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 19
People calling Orihime a stalker confuses me... doesn't she barely spend any time around Ichigo outside of fights and school? Actually, if we look back, since the SS arc the only times she's talked to him in a situation which was really personal were when she was apologising to him for getting in the way during the fight with Yami and her "confession".
__________________
Ilija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 14:57   Link #2090
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
I mean Orihime weighs a ton. Don't misunderstand me :Pp
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:01   Link #2091
Le_Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
People calling Orihime a stalker confuses me... doesn't she barely spend any time around Ichigo outside of fights and school? Actually, if we look back, since the SS arc the only times she's talked to him in a situation which was really personal were when she was apologising to him for getting in the way during the fight with Yami and her "confession".
IMO she is a stalker because, everything with her surrounds Ichigo..she keeps all her senses tuned in to ichigo, regardless her own situation... it is always Kurosaki kun this, Kurosaki kun that... she does not show any self love at all ONLY love for Kurosaki kun...
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-B64AB96961\My Documents\My Pictures\my icons\new icons\windsofchange.jpeg
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:29   Link #2092
Ilija
Blah
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
IMO she is a stalker because, everything with her surrounds Ichigo..she keeps all her senses tuned in to ichigo, regardless her own situation... it is always Kurosaki kun this, Kurosaki kun that... she does not show any self love at all ONLY love for Kurosaki kun...
None of those things involve stalking. Thinking about someone and following them around everywhere are completely different.
__________________
Ilija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:34   Link #2093
Le_Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
NO.... she does not physically follow him around, because she does not have too... she has the ability to track/ sense his Retsu.. so she know this guy is at all times.... and she tunes in on him all the time, and when she can not sense him she runs out to find him....hence she is a STALKER
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-B64AB96961\My Documents\My Pictures\my icons\new icons\windsofchange.jpeg
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:45   Link #2094
Ilija
Blah
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
NO.... she does not physically follow him around, because she does not have too... she has the ability to track/ sense his Retsu.. so she know this guy is at all times.... and she tunes in on him all the time, and when she can not sense him she runs out to find him....hence she is a STALKER
Even if she did constantly do that, according to Sinta's definition of stalking, she still isn't a stalker... hence you're wrong.
__________________
Ilija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 15:49   Link #2095
blue skies
noch einmal?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
IMO she is a stalker because, everything with her surrounds Ichigo..she keeps all her senses tuned in to ichigo, regardless her own situation... it is always Kurosaki kun this, Kurosaki kun that... she does not show any self love at all ONLY love for Kurosaki kun...
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Stalking is a perjorative term for the obsessive following, observing, or contacting of another person, or the obsessive attempt to engage in any of these activities. This includes following the person to certain places, to see where they live or what the person does on a daily basis, it also includes seeking and obtaining the person's personal information in order to contact him or her; e.g. looking for his or her details on computers, electoral rolls, personal files and other material containing the person's private information without his or her consent.
So no, Inoue is not a stalker. Thinking of Ichigo doesn't mean anything -- she's in love with him, for God's sake. Why is this so hard to understand? When you love someone, you think of them constantly, all your thoughts run back to them and, as in Orihime's case, you worry about their well being. You may walk past places you know they're going to be, hoping they'll notice you (gasp! the horror!). If that's stalking (which is a criminal offense), you'd have to arrest all of us. As amir so rightly said, calling Inoue a stalker trivializes the severity of the real thing.

You know, Orihime's situation is kinda similar to Yamada's from Honey and Clover. (hell, she even looks like her). Although (imho) Yamada is infinitely more awesome, she also suffers from unrequited love just like Inoue. Oddly enough, I've never seen her called a stalker. Could it be because she's not, and she's just suffering from one-sided feelings? Orihime's got plenty of issues, but stalking Kurosaki-kun isn't one of them.

Love =/= Stalking. Carry on, boys and girls.
__________________
C\Users\Emily\downloads\hainesig.jpg
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 16:07   Link #2096
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Aye...a woman explains it so much better. The question is how persistent/senseless/mindless people are prepared to be about this issue.

Sinta, you forced Amir to own you. Usually he's so nice about things too.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 16:15   Link #2097
Le_Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
From Wikipedia:


So no, Inoue is not a stalker. Thinking of Ichigo doesn't mean anything -- she's in love with him, for God's sake. Why is this so hard to understand? When you love someone, you think of them constantly, all your thoughts run back to them and, as in Orihime's case, you worry about their well being. You may walk past places you know they're going to be, hoping they'll notice you (gasp! the horror!). If that's stalking (which is a criminal offense), you'd have to arrest all of us. As amir so rightly said, calling Inoue a stalker trivializes the severity of the real thing.
. .......Could it be because she's not, and she's just suffering from one-sided feelings? Orihime's got plenty of issues, but stalking Kurosaki-kun isn't one of them.

Love =/= Stalking. Carry on, boys and girls.
OK.. In most cases stalkers are created from one sided love issues... IF not checked she will become the definition you have provided… She is in love …Humm… There is nothing wrong with being in love….. But is it love really or infatuation or a BIG teenage Crush..…… Whatever it is .. it needs to stop, because it is killing her character, which is btw starting to be only to related to the amount of “Kurosaki kuns” she says, instead of her healing abilities, she is on the verge of being revolting and a stalker…
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-B64AB96961\My Documents\My Pictures\my icons\new icons\windsofchange.jpeg

Last edited by Le_Rukia; 2008-11-28 at 16:20. Reason: typo
Le_Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 16:29   Link #2098
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Aye...a woman explains it so much better. The question is how persistent/senseless/mindless people are prepared to be about this issue.

Sinta, you forced Amir to own you. Usually he's so nice about things too.
imo stalking starts where the victim is negatively affected by what the stalker does, this doesn't apply in Orihime's case nor does it in Rukia's, where while Ichigo is constantly fighting with her because she sleeps at his place, pops up at school etc, it doesn't really bother him in the slightest, that's just his personality

Amazing how he manages to be still so charming and gentle while owning you
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 17:49   Link #2099
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: It's a secret
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
all he said ws"you're lighter than I thought..."

That implies he thought she was heavier, but we don't know how MUCH heavier..

o i remember that , why can't people say wat they say instead of changing it.


and any how rukia is pretty small , soo of course orihime is bigger then her

Ichigo&Rukia- why r u saying all this mean stuff about hime. is she that bad? ( and that goes 2 all u anti-hime ppls) (srry 2 point u out)


let's do another topic , we ALL know that she's not an stalker
[/FONT]
__________________

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Animepandafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 18:25   Link #2100
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
How about Orihime/Ichigo's mom connection?

Spoiler for pICTURE:
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.