AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-05, 20:40   Link #2241
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: It's a secret
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachnut View Post
Well I can't stand her because she came way too close to sexually assaulting Ichigo. Not only that she cried and whined because she wanted to fight alongside everyone else, but when the moment presented itself, (Ulq blocking her path on her way back to the living world) she didn't fight at ALL. Not only did she not fight, she met him at the designated spot so that he could take her back to HM. That is not a character I can like or respect.

I think the best thing to do is to kill off her useless character.
No she did not come close to sexually assultin him, it was just a mire kiss but she couldn't do it. she didn't cry and wince she wanted to be able to fight. she was trainin w/ rukia. She was sad, but still. She was also protecting her friends, that's way she listened and met him. She's not useless though, she can heal real good, and can learn to fight. Maybe she needs a good kick in the butt 2 get in gear but she's aint thhhat bad. As many of u ppl say. Don't b haters
__________________

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Animepandafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 23:19   Link #2242
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
leave her in Kenpachi's squad for a year or so, lets see how that rounds her off :3
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 02:34   Link #2243
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
For me it's...
Spoiler for Savin Space:




For me....*points upward* I have issues with her self esteem. I can't understand what you don't understand. Not agreeing is one thing.

Or are you asking another person? I am assuming you mean me.
Since I am the one who brought it up...


Why don't you like her? (You don't seem to like her) My reasoning is not so different than yours.
And Rukia is suicidal, but you don't wanna open up them can of worms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
aw...I thought I was sane too :'(
lol *pats on back* I was referring to the dark side.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 02:38   Link #2244
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Would it make you feel better if the entire world agreed that Rukia is an emo, suicidial, worthless, weak, ugly fool, while Orihime is the epitome of perfection, beautiful, tragic, and strong as steel?
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 11:41   Link #2245
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
No, because Orihime isn't. I'm just sick of the whole double standard that fans of the Rukia Ichigo faction have that they can't even admit that at times Rukia was the exact same or worse in doing the exact same things that they are claiming to hate Orihime for.

Lets face it for almost half the story Rukia has been nothing more then an overblown cheerleader for Ichigo being weaker then Chad was before he got his powers and her track record after getting her powers back hasn't be that steller either. As for Orihime she does try to fight but has consently been put up against people that vastly overpower her, examples: trying to take on Espada 4 and 10 by herself, failed because Yami just plain over powered her, planning on confronting Espada 4 to protect her escorts, failed beacuse they were oneshoted but she still healed them while confronting Ulq someone that I'll remind people that can overpower Ichigo, the fangirls were trying and failed to provke her.

People claim Orihime is a huge Emo, but fail to remember the reasons like the fact she was depressed because Ichigo was about 10 times worse. Pretty much everyone between the SS arc and the HM arc where in full on emo mode. Ichigo and his hollow problems, Ishida because he lost his powers, Chad because he felt useless to Ichigo to the point he was almost crying. Aside from the time she has been crying because she has been feeling her friends dieing, she has broken down twice, frustration that she felt helpless in brakeing Ichigo out of his depression and when Urahara baseily tells her she is useless, both related to her self esteime issues that have been there since the begaining and she did not dwell on them in fact the first was the end of her week long depression the second didn't even last 30 mins. I'm not even going to go into Rukia durring the SS arc. Orihime wears her hart on her sleave, Rukia does not.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 13:18   Link #2246
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
And that's why I'm admitting that Rukia is an emo, suicidial, worthless, weak, ugly fool, while Orihime is the epitome of perfection, beautiful, tragic, and strong as steel.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 17:00   Link #2247
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: It's a secret
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No, because Orihime isn't. I'm just sick of the whole double standard that fans of the Rukia Ichigo faction have that they can't even admit that at times Rukia was the exact same or worse in doing the exact same things that they are claiming to hate Orihime for.

Lets face it for almost half the story Rukia has been nothing more then an overblown cheerleader for Ichigo being weaker then Chad was before he got his powers and her track record after getting her powers back hasn't be that steller either. As for Orihime she does try to fight but has consently been put up against people that vastly overpower her, examples: trying to take on Espada 4 and 10 by herself, failed because Yami just plain over powered her, planning on confronting Espada 4 to protect her escorts, failed beacuse they were oneshoted but she still healed them while confronting Ulq someone that I'll remind people that can overpower Ichigo, the fangirls were trying and failed to provke her.

People claim Orihime is a huge Emo, but fail to remember the reasons like the fact she was depressed because Ichigo was about 10 times worse. Pretty much everyone between the SS arc and the HM arc where in full on emo mode. Ichigo and his hollow problems, Ishida because he lost his powers, Chad because he felt useless to Ichigo to the point he was almost crying. Aside from the time she has been crying because she has been feeling her friends dieing, she has broken down twice, frustration that she felt helpless in brakeing Ichigo out of his depression and when Urahara baseily tells her she is useless, both related to her self esteime issues that have been there since the begaining and she did not dwell on them in fact the first was the end of her week long depression the second didn't even last 30 mins. I'm not even going to go into Rukia durring the SS arc. Orihime wears her hart on her sleave, Rukia does not.
I agree, that's wat alot of these ppls can't help 2 graspst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
And that's why I'm admitting that Rukia is an emo, suicidial, worthless, weak, ugly fool, while Orihime is the epitome of perfection, beautiful, tragic, and strong as steel.
I don't think rukia all those things, I mean she's cool. Noones perfect.
Orihime is totally cool and so is rukia.


And I think that all ichigos friends r close 2 him. He has a diiff kind of relationship w/ each of them. But honestly idk who ichigo would pick, cuz honestly i can't really tell whos he's more interested in....orihime or rukia. (even though i personally like orihime 4 him *shrugs*)
__________________

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Animepandafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 17:02   Link #2248
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animepandafreak View Post
I don't think rukia all those things, I mean she's cool. Noones perfect.
Orihime is totally cool and so is rukia.
I was being sarcastic xD.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 17:24   Link #2249
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: It's a secret
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
I was being sarcastic xD.
o...(im a idiot)
__________________

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Animepandafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 18:08   Link #2250
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
You go Kagato! Orihime crying and whining is all justified especially when there are characters in Bleach who've handled it much worse. People are just annoyed by it because they hate her, or they don't like her voice.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 18:10   Link #2251
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Orihime wears her hart on her sleave, Rukia does not.
Which is why I like Rukia more than Orihime. =)
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 22:38   Link #2252
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Lol I read an interesting comment somewhere.

"Personally I am dispointed with Orihime, Tatsuki was a friend who stand by her for years and protected her and she got dumped for Ichigo. I guess Orihime is the kind of girl who would ditch friends for a boy even if the boy hasnt shown any particular interest in her. Personally I think Orihime is the worst choice for Ichigo and just because She has spoken of her love doesnt mean she deserves his love. When you get to HM you’ll know what I mean. Rukia may have not verbally spoken about her love for Ichigo, she has proven her love through her actions unlike Orihime who is all talk and no action (not to mention self obsess) If KT is stupid enough to go for Orihime - Ichigo relations that would be the end of Bleach for me."

"I think you wouldn’t say the same if Rukia was to say goodbye to one person only and she chooses Ichigo over Renji although Renji is her childhood friend."

LOL OWNED!

Sorry I just had to get that out somewhere.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 23:00   Link #2253
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Lol I read an interesting comment somewhere.

"Personally I am dispointed with Orihime, Tatsuki was a friend who stand by her for years and protected her and she got dumped for Ichigo. I guess Orihime is the kind of girl who would ditch friends for a boy even if the boy hasnt shown any particular interest in her. Personally I think Orihime is the worst choice for Ichigo and just because She has spoken of her love doesnt mean she deserves his love. When you get to HM you’ll know what I mean. Rukia may have not verbally spoken about her love for Ichigo, she has proven her love through her actions unlike Orihime who is all talk and no action (not to mention self obsess) If KT is stupid enough to go for Orihime - Ichigo relations that would be the end of Bleach for me."

"I think you wouldn’t say the same if Rukia was to say goodbye to one person only and she chooses Ichigo over Renji although Renji is her childhood friend."

LOL OWNED!

Sorry I just had to get that out somewhere.
Renji was the one who ditched her though.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 23:13   Link #2254
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: It's a secret
Age: 20
Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Lol I read an interesting comment somewhere.

"Personally I am dispointed with Orihime, Tatsuki was a friend who stand by her for years and protected her and she got dumped for Ichigo. I guess Orihime is the kind of girl who would ditch friends for a boy even if the boy hasnt shown any particular interest in her. Personally I think Orihime is the worst choice for Ichigo and just because She has spoken of her love doesnt mean she deserves his love. When you get to HM you’ll know what I mean. Rukia may have not verbally spoken about her love for Ichigo, she has proven her love through her actions unlike Orihime who is all talk and no action (not to mention self obsess) If KT is stupid enough to go for Orihime - Ichigo relations that would be the end of Bleach for me."

"I think you wouldn’t say the same if Rukia was to say goodbye to one person only and she chooses Ichigo over Renji although Renji is her childhood friend."

LOL OWNED!

Sorry I just had to get that out somewhere.
point...
but she could of said bye 2 tatsuki, she just really loved ichigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Renji was the one who ditched her though.

why renji ditch her
__________________

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Animepandafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 23:14   Link #2255
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
She did try to visit Tatsuki though. It was shown in the filler. (I know it's filler, but that episode was exactly what Kubo had in mind, he just didn't have the time or enough panels).
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 00:47   Link #2256
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Lol I read an interesting comment somewhere.

"Personally I am dispointed with Orihime, Tatsuki was a friend who stand by her for years and protected her and she got dumped for Ichigo. I guess Orihime is the kind of girl who would ditch friends for a boy even if the boy hasnt shown any particular interest in her. Personally I think Orihime is the worst choice for Ichigo and just because She has spoken of her love doesnt mean she deserves his love. When you get to HM you’ll know what I mean. Rukia may have not verbally spoken about her love for Ichigo, she has proven her love through her actions unlike Orihime who is all talk and no action (not to mention self obsess) If KT is stupid enough to go for Orihime - Ichigo relations that would be the end of Bleach for me."

"I think you wouldn’t say the same if Rukia was to say goodbye to one person only and she chooses Ichigo over Renji although Renji is her childhood friend."

LOL OWNED!

Sorry I just had to get that out somewhere.
wonder if that person knows that Tatsuki has supported and encouraged Orihime in her feelings for Ichigo.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 02:40   Link #2257
Marionette
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
If you think I'm going to read that massive wall of text to find your argument, sorry but no, I have better things to do.

I wasn't asking why you specifically don't like her.

I was asking why anti-Orihime Bleach fans in general attempt to design a difference between her kidnap/rescue arc and Rukia's kidnap/rescue arc (because I've seen this come up again and again in discussion).

Their goals were the same, their emotional state was the same. Orihime was no more or less "emo" than Rukia during her imprisonment. They've both been equally as useless since they were set free (though technically Orihime's "freedom" is still somewhat temporary). And they BOTH had low self esteem during their imprisonment - Orihime because she feels useless, Rukia because she killed Kaien and felt so guilty over it she didn't think she deserved to live. Any way you slice it, low self esteem is low self esteem. The cause, whatever it may be, doesn't many it any more or less justified or acceptable.

Honestly, there are dozens of more valid reasons to pick to not like Orihime's character besides this one.
Spoiler for My reasons for disliking Orihime - if you care to read...:


So there you have it, my short list for why I dislike Orihime's character without a Rukia comparison in sight. It can be done.
Actually, the situation is completely different. Orihime got kidnapped by a known enemy, Rukia was sent to jail by a government she believed strongly in. She accepted her fate because she she did break the law, and like her brother, she will defend the law at almost all cost. I think that's the underlying reason she decided to accepted the death sentence, Kaien's death merely added to it.

And no, guilt over killing someone you admire is not the same as the low self-esteem issues teenagers have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animepandafreak View Post
No she did not come close to sexually assultin him, it was just a mire kiss but she couldn't do it. she didn't cry and wince she wanted to be able to fight. she was trainin w/ rukia. She was sad, but still. She was also protecting her friends, that's way she listened and met him. She's not useless though, she can heal real good, and can learn to fight. Maybe she needs a good kick in the butt 2 get in gear but she's aint thhhat bad. As many of u ppl say. Don't b haters
Actually, it technically is. A kiss on the lips is a sexual act, and performing sexual act on someone who is not able to give consent is sexual assault. If she did anything more perverse, it would be called rape.

I don't hold it against her though, because she didn't actually do it. I'd be pretty pissed if some guy who fantasized about me actually snack into my room while I'm asleep and made out with me, I think anyone would be.
Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 02:47   Link #2258
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
Actually, the situation is completely different. Orihime got kidnapped by a known enemy, Rukia was sent to jail by a government she believed strongly in. She accepted her fate because she she did break the law, and like her brother, she will defend the law at almost all cost. I think that's the underlying reason she decided to accepted the death sentence, Kaien's death merely added to it.

And no, guilt over killing someone you admire is not the same as the low self-esteem issues teenagers have.

Actually, it technically is. A kiss on the lips is a sexual act, and performing sexual act on someone who is not able to give consent is sexual assault. If she did anything more perverse, it would be called rape.

I don't hold it against her though, because she didn't actually do it. I'd be pretty pissed if some guy who fantasized about me actually snack into my room while I'm asleep and made out with me, I think anyone would be.
Well, considering the show was written from Ichigo's perspective, they are one and the same. As far as he was concerned, SS WAS the enemy because they wanted to execute Rukia, just as much as the Espada were the enemy for kidnapping Orihime. No difference there whatsoever as far as Ichigo was concerned.

Also, Rukia's guilt over killing Kaien gave her a low sense of self-worth. She didn't feel she deserved to be saved. There is very little difference between that sentiment and Orihime's idea that she's not helpful and therefore not worth saving. Both girls were adverse to the idea of their friends (Ichigo) risking their lives and well being to "save" them. Regardless of the semantics, their thoughts in their perspective rescue arcs were the same, as were their "emo" moments. There is NO DIFFERENCE so stop trying to distinguish between them.

At this point all you guys are doing is splitting hairs over a really stupid issue for the sake of making Rukia "look better." If you like Rukia better, that's fine, but don't make out like she's made of pure win while Orihime's self deprecating attitude is something that's limited ONLY to her.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 02:55   Link #2259
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
I'd be pretty pissed if some guy who fantasized about me actually snack into my room while I'm asleep and made out with me, I think anyone would be.
That's starting to enter double standard territory. Because while I'd be pissed (among a bunch of other things) if some guy tried to make out with me while I was sleeping, I can tell you right now, I wouldn't feel the same way if it was an attractive woman instead...not even a little bit.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 03:00   Link #2260
Marionette
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Well, considering the show was written from Ichigo's perspective, they are one and the same. As far as he was concerned, SS WAS the enemy because they wanted to execute Rukia, just as much as the Espada were the enemy for kidnapping Orihime. No difference there whatsoever as far as Ichigo was concerned.

Also, Rukia's guilt over killing Kaien gave her a low sense of self-worth. She didn't feel she deserved to be saved. There is very little difference between that sentiment and Orihime's idea that she's not helpful and therefore not worth saving. Both girls were adverse to the idea of their friends (Ichigo) risking their lives and well being to "save" them. Regardless of the semantics, their thoughts in their perspective rescue arcs were the same, as were their "emo" moments. There is NO DIFFERENCE so stop trying to distinguish between them.

At this point all you guys are doing is splitting hairs over a really stupid issue for the sake of making Rukia "look better." If you like Rukia better, that's fine, but don't make out like she's made of pure win while Orihime's self deprecating attitude is something that's limited ONLY to her.
Are you kidding? The show is from Ichigo's perspective so if he see a flat earth (as it would be from a human perspective) than the earth is flat? Ichigo doesn't know Orihime likes him (supposedly) than it makes no difference that she does? Ichigo think the SS is the enemy so they are Rukia's enemy also? That makes no sense even if Bleach is told only from Ichigo's perspective, and it isn't.

Don't tell me that I'm "splitting hairs over a really stupid issue" because you assume so, because I'm not telling you that you are not capable of complex thoughts although at this point I'm starting to assume that.

And again: guilt over killing someone you admire is not the same thing as having low self-esteem. That doesn't even to be explained, that would be stating the obvious, just out your self in that position for a moment. Would you feel the same about killing your mentor and as you would about sucking at fighting/comforting your crush/getting his/her attention?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That's starting to enter double standard territory. Because while I'd be pissed (among a bunch of other things) if some guy tried to make out with me while I was sleeping, I can tell you right now, I wouldn't feel the same way if it was an attractive woman instead...not even a little bit.
It is still sexual assault. Whether you are a man or a woman and whether you are pressing charges or not. And you =/= Ichigo. Just because some guys don't give a shit who they date as long as they get action from a hot girl doesn't mean that Ichigo is one of them.

Last edited by Marionette; 2008-12-07 at 03:23.
Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.