AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-14, 02:25   Link #3001
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

They're simply not fans of the traditional damsel in distress kind of princess. Though I've always liked those kinds
Old 2010-03-14, 02:30   Link #3002
WhiteWings

I see that this issue is still going strong.

I always thought anti-Orihime thing came up because she was actually starting to be a real possibility for Ichigo to hook up with.
Old 2010-03-14, 02:35   Link #3003
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I wouldn't doubt that.
Old 2010-03-14, 02:43   Link #3004
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
I see that this issue is still going strong.

I always thought anti-Orihime thing came up because she was actually starting to be a real possibility for Ichigo to hook up with.
It's the number 1 reason why Orihime is "hated" *flees*
Old 2010-03-14, 05:56   Link #3005
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
lol

Your post is certainly withing the spirit of this thread and also makes a good sketch to the psyche of the fans who can't stand her guts for whatever reason.

Fortunately, she has us.
Spirit of this thread: "Just can't win, can you? Nice try."

Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 06:05   Link #3006
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
BS, Ichigo is pissing his pants everytime he is too close to a girl. He was shaking in fear when the cat turned human, instead of simply looking with huge eyeballs and an even bigger Johnny. That was the end of an old debate we had over Ichigo being more mature than Naruto.
In other words, NONE has a chance with him. For some reason, saving chicks is his only driving force in life but when the rewarding kiss comes along, he pisses himself.
What are they doing with that loser??? His original sword's size is the depiction of the pecker he is missing.
And yes, it is a shonen series and little boys are supposed to be stronger than dinosaurs but more afraid of girls than cats are to water, while girls themselves are supposed to be nothing other than background decoration and excuse to go on resque missions. There, I admit it, the series plays along the formula fine, good for it. The girls and the lead play their role just fine. They are doing a stereotypically and predictably, expectably, commonly, repetitively great job at being archetypes of the genre. Good for them.
...But that still doesn't change the fact that we could replace Orihime with Ichigo's favourite flower pot and STILL the story would be the same.
We can't do that with Rukia (i couldn't help myself not mentioning her again).
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 10:24   Link #3007
philly

Lol Roriconfan, you have done a good job at cementing my arguments about (no offense to most Ichiruki fans)the connection between Orihime haters and Ichiruki fans. Hmm Pardon me Mod, I can't help but laugh and categorize(it's a horrible word I know) when I look at his name and his arguments.

By the way I'm just as eager to see some romance in bleach but sounds to me like you're projecting your sexual frustrations on Ichigo.

Roriconfan, you have been provided reasonable perspectives but you choose to ignore them and simply state your hate. How predictable.

Like I have stated before, haters don't listen to reason. Therefore I enjoy making fun of them. (hope that's a good enough reason Mod ><)

Anyways Roriconfan sure is entertaining.

Last edited by philly; 2010-03-14 at 10:56.
philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 10:56   Link #3008
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

To anyone who thinks Ichigo is gonna get it with a girl don't get your hopes too high. Kubo has an arc worth of plot-holes to patch up in this series let alone introduce romance
Old 2010-03-14, 13:03   Link #3009
Haak
Watching Ookami Shoujo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Lol Roriconfan, you have done a good job at cementing my arguments about (no offense to most Ichiruki fans)the connection between Orihime haters and Ichiruki fans. Hmm Pardon me Mod, I can't help but laugh and categorize(it's a horrible word I know) when I look at his name and his arguments.
You make it sound as if you're actually justified when you already know you're not...

Well, anyway I chose the "Don't really like her, don't really hate her." option. Oh she isn't very well written, imo, but then again, so are the majority of females in this manga, so there's no point in having high standards. Rukia was cool before the SS arc but she went downhill at that point and never recovered. Orihme was never really that great but had an awesome moment when she almost kissed Ichigo. That's actually one the very few moments I liked in Bleach, and i actually felt genuinley sorry for because of it. But that's it. I don't really care about her, anymore.
Old 2010-03-14, 13:52   Link #3010
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
By the way I'm just as eager to see some romance in bleach but sounds to me like you're projecting your sexual frustrations on Ichigo.
Ad hominem, or whatever they call it. That is no arguement to support your views over mines.

Quote:
Roriconfan, you have been provided reasonable perspectives but you choose to ignore them and simply state your hate. How predictable.
Good health and bad memory, the two elements of bliss. But perhaps I don't ignore them but simply cancel them for the reasons stated.

Quote:
Like I have stated before, haters don't listen to reason.
Wereas fanboys do? Seriously you are pulling that ad hominem thing again and it doesn't even count as I don't hate Orihime for no reason. Heck, I m a man of reason.

Quote:
Anyways Roriconfan sure is entertaining.
At least we agree on something. Unless you are ad hominemining me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
To anyone who thinks Ichigo is gonna get it with a girl don't get your hopes too high. Kubo has an arc worth of plot-holes to patch up in this series let alone introduce romance
Yeah, so many holes and not even one meat sword going bankai in them, if you get the naughty symbolism. Kubo is just fishing with a fake lure.
Old 2010-03-14, 17:07   Link #3011
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Kubo is the greatest troll in modern mangaka times
Old 2010-03-14, 17:59   Link #3012
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kubo is the greatest troll in modern mangaka times
You can hit me if the next arc isn't gonna be just SS and HM arc copied and pasted with Nel being kidnapped
Old 2010-03-14, 18:41   Link #3013
roriconfan
Banned

Me too if Ichigo's sisters don't turn superheroes and replace Chad and Ishida as Ichi's lakeys.
Old 2010-03-14, 19:10   Link #3014
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
You can hit me if the next arc isn't gonna be just SS and HM arc copied and pasted with Nel being kidnapped
I could probably deal with that >.>
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 20:12   Link #3015
philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
BS, Ichigo is pissing his pants everytime he is too close to a girl. He was shaking in fear when the cat turned human, instead of simply looking with huge eyeballs and an even bigger Johnny. That was the end of an old debate we had over Ichigo being more mature than Naruto.
In other words, NONE has a chance with him. For some reason, saving chicks is his only driving force in life but when the rewarding kiss comes along, he pisses himself.
What are they doing with that loser??? His original sword's size is the depiction of the pecker he is missing.
And yes, it is a shonen series and little boys are supposed to be stronger than dinosaurs but more afraid of girls than cats are to water, while girls themselves are supposed to be nothing other than background decoration and excuse to go on resque missions. There, I admit it, the series plays along the formula fine, good for it. The girls and the lead play their role just fine. They are doing a stereotypically and predictably, expectably, commonly, repetitively great job at being archetypes of the genre. Good for them.
I rest my case... zzz
Old 2010-03-14, 20:16   Link #3016
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

hahaha. Don't worry about it so much dude.
Old 2010-03-14, 20:17   Link #3017
philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You make it sound as if you're actually justified when you already know you're not...

Well, anyway I chose the "Don't really like her, don't really hate her." option. Oh she isn't very well written, imo, but then again, so are the majority of females in this manga, so there's no point in having high standards. Rukia was cool before the SS arc but she went downhill at that point and never recovered. Orihme was never really that great but had an awesome moment when she almost kissed Ichigo. That's actually one the very few moments I liked in Bleach, and i actually felt genuinley sorry for because of it. But that's it. I don't really care about her, anymore.
There's no need to justify myself, it's just a forum. I've made myself clear in previous posts.

But good to know your opinion anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
hahaha. Don't worry about it so much dude.
it was one of the lol moments for me when I read it, this guy can't be serious

by the way Haak, someone just told me Roriconfan had posted the same thing on other forums, which leads me to believe he's a troll.(justified,yes!) Just thought you ought to know.

Last edited by philly; 2010-03-14 at 20:30.
Old 2010-03-14, 20:36   Link #3018
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Weakness power-wise isn't an issue for me when qualifying a fictitious character, but her unrivaled weakness of character, with the fact that the grand design of most of the story depending on her unexplained, god mode power results in her ease of exploitability and hence, a well based hatred from me which is all the more fueled by literally whole episodes being spent with "kurosaki-kuuuuun" screams. She's more or less like Sakura from Naruto before the timeskip.
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 20:39   Link #3019
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
it could happen...but it involves Kubo doing a decent time skip :3

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 21:06   Link #3020
TsumeBlue
Silver-Eyed Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
...But that still doesn't change the fact that we could replace Orihime with Ichigo's favourite flower pot and STILL the story would be the same.
We can't do that with Rukia (i couldn't help myself not mentioning her again).

'Scuse me for butting in but, that is complete bullshit. Unless this flower pot you speak of can magically bring people back to life, that is...
TsumeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote