AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-14, 13:49   Link #961
starshine
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: the library
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Hats off for that!

I hate that too. I love Ichigo for all flaws. His flaws are part of him. He's not perfect and is human. But people put this godamn Halo on him he doesn't really have. He's actually quite selfish in a lot of his actions. But he's still#1 his selfishness doesn't hurt others so it just makes him human.

Orihime is different, I used to love her. I read the manga and realized the Anime lies to you and the girl is a stalker. So I hate her and since she's not used as the tool for IchiRuki.(That's what I believe her sole purpose is) I find her a waste of page space...

So I hate her because she's ruined for me. I can no longer find her cute and that disgusts me.

@Kenshin. Just trying to stay out of trouble. (I really do think all the things I said that are positive. I just hate her despite them)

A tool for ichiruki - i dont like the sound of that i say that Orihime due to being in love with ichigo highlights the ichigo and rukia relationship by commenting on them and by feeling envious of their relationship due to it being a much closer relationship than that her and ichigo share. i never like getting into these ichiruki v ichihime debates but i always get sucked in

A waste of a page space hmm sorry i disagree i see why you feel that way the moment seeing shes taking a long time redeam herself so to speek the wasted pages as you call it is build up to that moment.

ps-shes still very very cute
__________________
Avatar made by 365 days
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:52   Link #962
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Renji is a threat too! Why don't people hate him? It's always hating the beautiful girls with people!
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:24   Link #963
ruote
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Renji is a threat too! Why don't people hate him? It's always hating the beautiful girls with people!
probably because Renji is a better character than Inoue?
It just shows... that being a threat to their OTP is not the main reason why some people hate the character.
ruote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:50   Link #964
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Renji is more appealing and he is as hot for girsl as Hime is for guys I think.
Also, he is not very developed either. But more than Orihime..
and he isn't jealous, he accepts IchiRuki while Orihime does not really
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:15   Link #965
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
erm...you all do know that these are fictional characters right?
I'm sitting here waiting for your point seeing that you're on a anime discussion board.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:21   Link #966
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Spoiler for Off topic!:
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:33   Link #967
ArtCp
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Is it only me who would be gravely disappointed if Ichigo ends up with a girl at Orihime or Rukia's level?

If Ichigo is going to spread his progeny I want it to be with a women at Halibel's reiatsu level at least.
ArtCp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:53   Link #968
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
Is it only me who would be gravely disappointed if Ichigo ends up with a girl at Orihime or Rukia's level?

If Ichigo is going to spread his progeny I want it to be with a women at Halibel's reiatsu level at least.
Well he'd better hurry up then because Unohana isn't getting any younger....
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 17:00   Link #969
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
@"Coat and Knife" Is that good or bad? I am not sure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Spoiler for Off topic!:
Yes Orihime has but has anyone, Rukia even done the same? Has anyone ever implied that Orihime was special to Ichigo? Ichigo said "Orihime is my friend so I will save her" He didn't think about her ass not once...

How many times do I have to tell you. I am struggling to understand why you persist in denying the truth. Not liking a pair I can dig...but to deny it exists. I talk about it because it amazes, no it's baffling...BLOWS MY MIND really how anyone could fail to see IchiRuki or think Ichigo could come to like her in the future when his BEHAVIOR says otherwise

... and because I am vocal about my Hime-Hate. I have been accused by plenty of members of hating her for reasons I did not.

Now you all accept them even if you don't agree with me. But I think most of you guys believe me.

You have to be kidding me?! While I was banned even "Big Bad Moni commented on it"
HT bashes Rukia as much as I do Orihime. We are alike in many ways
The only way we differ is I bash her for the aspects of personality and he bashes Rukia for being "Underdeveloped" Did he not draw her with a penis?

I am not the only IchiRuki person who has stated "She doesn't have a shot hell" <--they are just more eloquent.
If you would listen you would see that most of us think that she's there to help you see it. (For those who can't see the obvious)

Some of her haters aren't even IchiRuki at all. That's the part you don't seem to want to accept

@Moni...Shipping is part of her hate. As long as no one is upset it should be all good. Most of fans think non-fans hate her because her existence is threat to our OTP. HT and I are cool, just on different ships like most everyone in this thread.

Suppose someone out there actually does hate her because her being a romantic potential? *In their eyes* Should their reasons be deleted because it's not a "Shipping thread"? I don't want any beef...I am just asking a question
You have been making a valiant effort to keep it out of the threads, but it's just leaking everywhere. There are some threads it is off topic but this should not be one of them...


@Art...You see the shipping frenzy? both camps will eat you if you even dare take Ichigo from our clutches. Let Hali stay single for the fanboys and Fangirls who want her...

BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 17:34   Link #970
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Yes Orihime has but has anyone, Rukia even done the same? Has anyone ever implied that Orihime was special to Ichigo? Ichigo said "Orihime is my friend so I will save her" He didn't think about her ass not once...
Hm, saying she's not special to him is a bit of an exageration. I agree he doesn't see her romantically but he does treat her differently to everyone else. And while he hasn't shown any indication of being aware of her feelings for him, he's still concious of her thoughts and very perceptive of her emotional state.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:07   Link #971
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Deep South among alligators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Spoiler for Off topic!:
Spoiler for OT response:
__________________
debbiechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 19:37   Link #972
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by - HEROiNEx View Post
I didn't think Lacus was that bad. .__.; The only reason why I say that is because she had self control, she was confident in herself, and she's not a super depressed person, nor will she ever be. She's righteous, but why is that bad? If Orihime were to become a Lacus it wouldn't even work half as well considering Orihime didn't start out that way whereas Lucas did and stayed that way throughout the series. Besides, when Lacus got angry she kicked ass anyway, so whats the problem? xD I just don't get it, I guess. Bottom line is, Orihime is nothing like Lacus if you disregard their soft spoken nature and caring. There has never been a time where Lacus has asked to be saved, because she saves herself due to her intellect. Orihime who tries to save herself, usually cannot save herself because her confidence isn't there. A character like Orihime could never be a Lacus and if Kubo tries its going to be a massive fail.
I meant the part where Lacus talks on and on about morals and crap. xD But true, Lacus does kick ass when she's pissed ^^.

Orihime is currently failing in the development section, apart from the slap.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 20:27   Link #973
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Some of her haters aren't even IchiRuki at all. That's the part you don't seem to want to accept
Yep. I've seen plenty fan and non-fan alike who don't like her for being the major reason for a "repeat arc" as they call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
That being said, crunchyroll is INSANE with Orihime hate! They have like 4 different threads on Orihime hate..and that's only the 1st 2 thread pages! I feel a lot safer over here.....
You'll feel even better at Bleach Exile. Orihime worship and Rukia bashing galore.
__________________
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 20:33   Link #974
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Sinta what are you saying...Ghandi's right. I am objective. I may hate her but I can understand why others love her. She just doesn't do it for me. I don't turn her good qualities bad. which is why I have never call her weak due to her not pwning hollows. I just like individuals based on their individuality.

Two people can have a lot of the same qualities but one has more or less of one of them and I hate their guts. Some people are really evil but I like them because they are evil. Good, arrogant, sadist, sociopaths and some under those categories I hate. I like strong characters but my perception of strength is what I determine what I like and don't like. However that does not mean I can not see your pov. I can. I think that's what Ghandi was saying...

I agree she is a plot device, I say it all the time.
I think you misunderstand me my dear. Allow me to explain.

I do think you are objective in many things. Despite your spitball nature you. YOu are smart and logical. You aren't politically correct and don't give credience where you don't think any exists and are very objective at times, but I don't think you ARE objective in this particular sense. I don't think anyone is. I will explain why.

An objective analysis suggests some idea of uniformity in data collection, application and analysis. To be objective is to not only eliminate as many biases as possible but to use an over-reaching application of some sort of standard in your analysis. For example, the civil courts use a "reasonable person" standard when dealing with issues of neglience. The question usually asked is "What would a reasonable person do in a given situation?" People can then debate what a reasonable person would do in a given situation. That is an objective standard and application analysis. I was saying in my previous post (using your name as an example I wasn't actually saying that you were a particular way) that the very nature of this discussion (why you like someone) makes an applicable standard for objective analysis almost impossible. How do we gage, objectively, why you like someone? Could people agree on a standard? I don't think so. I also don't think that because you understand why someone likes a certain character that you are objective. I don't think that the two are connectable in that particular sense as again, the very nature of asking someone why they hate or like someone is not objective.


Kakashi, Debbiechan, Od,

Mind if I jump in?

I think saying "threat" to your OTP is kind of well lame. The reason I say that is I don't think many people put that much thought into story. People have different reasons for liking different pairings. In inoue's case, her pairing fan base seems to come of her hardcore fans. They like inoue and so they want her to be happy. They think Ichigo would make her happy therefore she should get Ichigo. Its really as simple as that. I think Ichigo and Rukia are different as many people (most I would say) see this story as "their" story. It started with them, its been largely about them and it will probably end with them. (Though not necessarily in a romantic sense). In that sense, i think that many feel that such a close comfortable will eventually lead to some sort of deeper affection. I think I am a good example of what Debbiechan was trying to explain with her post. I feel that Ichigo and Rukia are more likely to get together because of the way the story has gone up to this point. I think the story is taking this relationship to this conclusion. If it doesn't happen but Kubo has a believable reason for doing so. (Like Ichigo dies) I might be sad that Ichigo died but i'm not going to pissed that Ichigo and rukia didn't hook it up. I think that many people feel this way, but at the same time feel confused because Ichigo and Rukia relationship is so not typical. Everything is there for this relationship it just hasn't been realized yet.


As for the American V.P discussion; i love her. Totally wicked.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 21:17   Link #975
StrawRabbi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
I think saying "threat" to your OTP is kind of well lame. The reason I say that is I don't think many people put that much thought into story. People have different reasons for liking different pairings. In inoue's case, her pairing fan base seems to come of her hardcore fans. They like inoue and so they want her to be happy. They think Ichigo would make her happy therefore she should get Ichigo. Its really as simple as that. I think Ichigo and Rukia are different as many people (most I would say) see this story as "their" story. It started with them, its been largely about them and it will probably end with them. (Though not necessarily in a romantic sense). In that sense, i think that many feel that such a close comfortable will eventually lead to some sort of deeper affection. I think I am a good example of what Debbiechan was trying to explain with her post. I feel that Ichigo and Rukia are more likely to get together because of the way the story has gone up to this point. I think the story is taking this relationship to this conclusion. If it doesn't happen but Kubo has a believable reason for doing so. (Like Ichigo dies) I might be sad that Ichigo died but i'm not going to pissed that Ichigo and rukia didn't hook it up. I think that many people feel this way, but at the same time feel confused because Ichigo and Rukia relationship is so not typical. Everything is there for this relationship it just hasn't been realized yet.

I have to agree with you on that too.
there are Bleach fans who anticipate a canon IchiOri pairing and who canít imagine Orihime, worthy and deserving girl that she is, not getting the boy of her dreams.
__________________
StrawRabbi
Ichiruki
StrawRabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 21:22   Link #976
CMHerrera
Miss. Fangirl
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to CMHerrera
looks like that people love her know acording to the votes.
Quote:
Bleach fans who anticipate a canon IchiOri pairing and who canít imagine Orihime, worthy and deserving girl that she is, not getting the boy of her dreams.
I understand that, they want her dream to come true, remindes me of the SasukeSakura pairing it the same thing.
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMHerrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 21:45   Link #977
StrawRabbi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
looks like that people love her know acording to the votes.
Yeah... I guess.
But wouldn't more people that love her come here to try and prove a point? Like how great of a character she is and why people shouldn't hate her. So in the end there's more votes.
Where as people who don't like her just rather not bother coming to this form unless they have to say how much they dislike Inoue?


Quote:
I under stand that, they want her dream to come true, remindes me of the SasukeSakura pairing it the same thing.
People always want what's best for ther favorite character. Like I love Rukia so in a way it makes me want her to be with Ichigo or someone that can make her happy. (though that's not my only reasons for liking ichiruki)
__________________
StrawRabbi
Ichiruki
StrawRabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 23:28   Link #978
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
It's like rooting for a best friend to get the man of her dreams! I don't care how boring Ichihime may be (not that it is), I just want Orihime to be happy. =)
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 23:47   Link #979
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
It's like rooting for a best friend to get the man of her dreams! I don't care how boring Ichihime may be (not that it is), I just want Orihime to be happy. =)
Normally, your first love isn't your destined soulmate though, so if you limit Orihime to Ichigo, she may not be as happy as she might be with someone even better. (Yes, I hate Ichigo.) *hides from OD*
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 23:50   Link #980
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
But the 5 lifetimes speech, how could Kubo possibly make Ichigo reject her, or Orihime move on after that? That'd be bad writing on Kubo's part!
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.