AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-20, 14:58   Link #121
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I shout insults just for fun or to make jokes,
Are you new to the forums you are not suppose to Insult any poster. When you say things like I hate Teh Rukia Fnaz :Rawr as they are the only ones who hate Inoue so I am going to make sexist comments against Rukia . Joke or no joke its a flame or insult . And going by the rules its not allowed in this forum
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:00   Link #122
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Are you new to the forums you are not suppose to Insult any poster. When you say things like I hate Teh Rukia Fnaz :Rawr as they are the only ones who hate Inoue so I am going to make sexist comments against Rukia . Joke or no joke its a flame or insult . And going by the rules its not allowed in this forum
I mean shouting insults about Rukia like:

'She is a mushroom headed freak' or 'She sounds more manish than Ichigo, Byakuya or Isshin'
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:01   Link #123
narutofollower
naruto-kun!!!!!!!!!!!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: konoha
Age: 34
I Hate Her!!!!!!!!!!!!! She Should Die
narutofollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:02   Link #124
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutofollower View Post
I Hate Her!!!!!!!!!!!!! She Should Die
If she dies every Bleach character will die....think about that....
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:08   Link #125
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
If she dies every Bleach character will die....think about that....
Nope ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I mean shouting insults about Rukia like:

'She is a mushroom headed freak' or 'She sounds more manish than Ichigo, Byakuya or Isshin'

HUH What part of Flaming is against the rules dont you get ? Do you even comprehend ? I insult for fun if thats allowed I think I should start the very same

I got a good one here I go

Spoiler for Inoue joke Dont get Offended its just for fun : ):
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:15   Link #126
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
HUH What part of Flaming is against the rules dont you get ? Do you even comprehend ? I insult for fun if thats allowed I think I should start the very same

I got a good one here I go

Spoiler for Inoue joke Dont get Offended its just for fun : ):
Hey guess what......here is the irony....your kind of insulting me by asking me: what about flaming is against the rules don't you get? Do you even comprehend?

If I wanted to I could take offence, but I don't get angry over petty things like this, I am just saying light-hearted jokes, just like when people call Oro the MJ of Naruto or call Sasuke, sasugay or emo. It is just light-hearted fun that no one has complained about except for you for some reason
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 15:27   Link #127
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
It is just light-hearted fun that no one has complained about except for you for some reason
Your so called Light hearted jokes are flaming . No they are not allowed Its a bannable offence .. : D
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 18:34   Link #128
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Orihime's voice grated after a while. Sorry Matsuoka-san, but I can't stand you in your cute lady voice going all whiny.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 02:44   Link #129
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look behind you...
I think most pple hate her cos she turned for a weirdo yet happy girl to some emo freak
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 04:08   Link #130
Hilarieho
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ye Olde England
I am truely sorry i ever chose to awaken this sorry thread.
Hilarieho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 04:50   Link #131
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look behind you...
lol wow, yea i just saw that ur the first in like 5/6 mnths to post
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 01:59   Link #132
skurai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
maybe the hate votes come from girls who juz have smaller bust size than her and are thus, jealous and evil
skurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 07:53   Link #133
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sleeping Forest
in this filler episodes that we have now she actully Surprised me, she stood up and helped. apart from that in the HM arc she really did annoy me. it may have been worse in the anime than in the manga.
__________________
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 10:30   Link #134
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
The HM arc was the Hollow version of the SS arc:

Female gets kidnapped and Ichigo is defeated by a big gun but survives
Ichigo takes friends to where the female was taken
Ichigo and friends beat the small fries but encounter the big guns
Ichigo gains a sudden power up
Ichigo defeats that big gun which beat him in the past also he is the only one to beat a big gun without help whilst the others only succeed with help
Ichigo saves the girl
Spoiler for Manga:
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 16:19   Link #135
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Oddly Orihime in the HM arc is much less emo then Rukia was in the SS arc, Rukia truely belived she isn't worth rescueing to the point she refused the rescue; Orihime on the other hand doesn't think her friends would be able to resuce her and so far It looks like she is mostly right and had good reason to be sad/breaking down at the time since she could feel her friends dieing and the whole mission to rescue her would have failed had it not been for Grim busting her out and other outside help, yet she is still labled as the emo winer of the group.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 18:14   Link #136
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Oddly Orihime in the HM arc is much less emo then Rukia was in the SS arc, Rukia truely belived she isn't worth rescueing to the point she refused the rescue; Orihime on the other hand doesn't think her friends would be able to resuce her and so far It looks like she is mostly right and had good reason to be sad/breaking down at the time since she could feel her friends dieing and the whole mission to rescue her would have failed had it not been for Grim busting her out and other outside help, yet she is still labled as the emo winer of the group.
Good point and also all of them to some extent is emo except for Ishida and Renji
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 22:47   Link #137
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look behind you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Oddly Orihime in the HM arc is much less emo then Rukia was in the SS arc, Rukia truely belived she isn't worth rescueing to the point she refused the rescue; Orihime on the other hand doesn't think her friends would be able to resuce her and so far It looks like she is mostly right and had good reason to be sad/breaking down at the time since she could feel her friends dieing and the whole mission to rescue her would have failed had it not been for Grim busting her out and other outside help, yet she is still labled as the emo winer of the group.
but ya see, Rukia did in fact commit a crime, and in her 'final days' she realized that it was wrong, and she deserves the punishment.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 23:44   Link #138
maymay
Inactive~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 23
I don't HATE Orihime, nor do I really like her all that much. I'm leaning more towards neutral. She has her negatives: she's weak compared to many of the other characters, thus often coming across as a damsel in distress. She's also pretty ditsy (remember when a fellow student said that the reason Orihime doesn't have a cell phone is because she's not smart enough to use one?). She is obsessed with Ichigo and her feelings for him seem to be the driving force in her motivation to get stronger. What annoys me about her is her inability to simply stand on her own two feet. She's needy, insecure and can come across as very irritating, particularly with the repetitive use of "Kurosaki-kun" in almost every sentence she speaks.

That being said, there are a few things about her that I like. She has an overactive imagination that is often quite comical. I liked her better in the beginning of the series when she was more happy and goofy but I acknowledge that her character has become more "complex" as she her role in the manga expands. Her cooking choices are...creative to say the least and she seems to be a genuinely good person + shes cute. So I can see why she appeals to many people. A lot of people hate her I guess because she gets in the way of Ichixruki and vice versa for Ichixhime. But not all Rukia fans hate Orihime, ahem *points to self*
Overall I think she's a good kid but I would prefer for there to be less emphasis on her in upcoming manga chapters.
maymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:07   Link #139
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
but ya see, Rukia did in fact commit a crime, and in her 'final days' she realized that it was wrong, and she deserves the punishment.
at some point in your life, you have to question the rules

Rukia didn't really try, she just accepted it and gave up, waited for death and holy crap the death penalty is extreme...

I should go watch some of the SS Arc again...it's been a while...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 11:06   Link #140
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by maymay View Post
I don't HATE Orihime, nor do I really like her all that much. I'm leaning more towards neutral. She has her negatives: she's weak compared to many of the other characters, thus often coming across as a damsel in distress. She's also pretty ditsy (remember when a fellow student said that the reason Orihime doesn't have a cell phone is because she's not smart enough to use one?). She is obsessed with Ichigo and her feelings for him seem to be the driving force in her motivation to get stronger. What annoys me about her is her inability to simply stand on her own two feet. She's needy, insecure and can come across as very irritating, particularly with the repetitive use of "Kurosaki-kun" in almost every sentence she speaks.

That being said, there are a few things about her that I like. She has an overactive imagination that is often quite comical. I liked her better in the beginning of the series when she was more happy and goofy but I acknowledge that her character has become more "complex" as she her role in the manga expands. Her cooking choices are...creative to say the least and she seems to be a genuinely good person + shes cute. So I can see why she appeals to many people. A lot of people hate her I guess because she gets in the way of Ichixruki and vice versa for Ichixhime. But not all Rukia fans hate Orihime, ahem *points to self*
Overall I think she's a good kid but I would prefer for there to be less emphasis on her in upcoming manga chapters.
Firstly, on the negatives:

1.) Saying you don't like her because she is weaker is a weak reason not to like her since a lot of characters who are weak physically are still liked in this show. Yes you didn't see her stomp opponents flat at every turn. Even i a shounen manga, a character's power should not be the deciding factor on their worth.

2.) Ah, the old intelligence stab. did you forget that she is at the top of the class roster in terms of grades? She also picked up karate from Tatsuki very quickly, so she isn't a "dumb blonde" either. I will agree on the ditziness on some occasions, and yet I've seen characters that have less than average common sense who are well liked. But I'll hold off just to say that its a matter of taste. Meh.

Also, not just in the case of Orihime, but many characters are getting huge flak for not totally decimating their opponents in battle. In the case for both Orihime and Chad, I say that they have trained in the past just as hard as everyone else and get the short end of the stick to show how badass another character is by getting wiped out early. Here's an example in RPG terms for the fights that Chad and Orihime have:

Two characters at level 30 kill level 25 characters, and then all of a sudden a level 50 character comes up and lays the smack down. Thats pretty much how most of their fights have been. Ichigo's power is pretty much already set to be a bottomless well, and all he needs to do is dig a little bit deeper to get the jackpot.

Plus, it all comes down to expereince in battle as well. Putting Ichigo aside for obvious reasons, most of the shinigami/hollow/vaizards have about "x" hundred
amount of years of experience and reflection into their own powers. Its just not an even playing field to any extent so its not a fair thing to judge someone's worth on power. Hell, Ishida had training from childhood so thats another thing there.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.