AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-13, 17:44   Link #1441
Syphen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Ichigo is a closet masochist
Ichigo is either really, REALLY naive or in more than one closet...
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:41   Link #1442
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I wish Ichigo would abuse Rukia more! XD
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:46   Link #1443
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Oh, the horror .



It's not really closet anymore, since everyone knows. COME OUT OF THE CLOSET, ICHIGO.
I couldn't resist doing this...

I've been asked to come up here, to get Ichigo out of the closet, man this is some crazy shit, why don't you come out of the closet?

He said, "I'm not gonna come out the closet, so you can just go away."

But everyone wants you out of the closet.

"But that doesn't matter because I'm gonna stay."

Now I'm starting to get angry, so I pull out my ZANPAKTOU!!!

*people get scared and run off*

I'm gonna give you the count to three to open the closest door. 1...I'm gonna cut you up, 2...I'm gonna cut some bitch. 3...

::closet opens, and slowly walks in...door closes::

Now I'm in the closet...now in the closet too
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 19:11   Link #1444
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Rukia has already came out of the closet.

If Rukia was a guy, there'd be so many gay jokes
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:16   Link #1445
StrawRabbi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Seems you didn't get my point at all. Every person Orihime has faced in direct combat, aside from when she got her powers, has been the at least ranked as a third seat or above and all but one of those have beaten the crap out of Ichigo, Chad or
Spoiler for manga:
otherwise she has been forced to remain out of the battle not because she is weak but something is actively preventing her. As for her worrying about Ichigo I'm thinking those that don't like her are blowing it way out of proportion and fankly she doesn't seem to do it any more offen then Rukia, or Ichigo himself has infact most of the times she is worrying about Ichigo is because he himself is depressed or has a lot on his mind.
As for trying to help, Ichigo's ego makes this a huge problem, he feels he must protect anyone that he feels is weaker then him, and that pretty much includes everyone that has not handed him his ass. When Orihime was hurt by Yami because she blocked a hit ment for Ichigo when his hollow was acting up he got all depressed because in part because she was not letting him take the blame even though it was her own fault she was hurt this ended up as a nice self feeding loop of the telling him that it wasn't his fualt to try to make him feel better and him getting more depressed because she wasn't blameing him.
I get your point but she's just so hard for me to like. I constantly have to say i like her and defend her character.

...it's very sad and stupid.

i mean i wish for one minute she wasn't doing something where her goal is to get closer to ichigo or ichigo related. (baiscally not contantly having him on her mind) She just gets me pissed off ever since the HM arc. The ichihime stuff i can take. but there are other reason her character is getting me mad. I guess i can't take when a character contantly whines 'bout life (making it very obivious) and tries to makes you sympathetic for her. (well at least tite seems to be)

He should show her when she's actually happy with her life.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I wish Ichigo would abuse Rukia more! XD
How mean! How could you say that lol

... than again i shouldn't be talking.
__________________
StrawRabbi
Ichiruki
StrawRabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:53   Link #1446
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the clouds
Age: 22
idk what's with all the orihime hate personally i don't like her i don't hate her

she's the type of character that makes me go "eh" and "oh well" she usually just fades into the background, i haven't really noticed her hell she hasnt done anything to make me notice her :/... she finally gets some good to god honest screen time and she doesnt do shit with it, well kubo doesnt do shit with it.. but come on now.. she has a whole damn arc centered around her hell it's her arc and rukia's character has developed alot more in that small amount of time than orihime's, and im becoming impatient

HELL ORIHIME IT'S YOUR DAMNED ARC SHINE ALREADY!!! STAND OUT FOR 1 SEC JUST 1 PLEASE?? is that too much to ask from you?? maybe i've set my expectations too high

the only time orihime has shined in bleach *atleast to me* was when she protected tatsuki (which was just plain awesome, go hime!!) and when she slapped ulqi :insert we need more of that:

hopefully her character for me can go from "eh" to "omg" i'm an optimist but the way things are going now i don't think it'll happen even so i wish the best of luck for hime's character :3
__________________
secret smiles, our secret code ♥ and only we know what it means
youíre the man in my heart, and Iím the girl on your mind
our souls are connected, our fates intertwined
youíll protect me, and Iíll defend you
~come heaven or hell, thatís something I swear I'll always do~
-avi and siggy courtesy of yorleni <3
~viva.la.vida~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:54   Link #1447
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Rukia didn't really "shine" till after her arc if you ask me....
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:14   Link #1448
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the clouds
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Rukia didn't really "shine" till after her arc if you ask me....

well to me rukia first shined when she gave ichigo her powers, she was self so sacrificing then and with the whole boy meets girl thing i was like "this girl has to stand out, no she's gonna" her chappi obsession, bad drawings, kickass attitude, multiple personalities and her fights with ichigo were pure win, not only that she had a much softer side to her, those are just one of the few reasons why i love her character

my brother has this thing where he says "hime always shines" he's a huge orihime fan so of course in his eyes she'll always shine but for me it's "how exactly does she shine" ?? xD
__________________
secret smiles, our secret code ♥ and only we know what it means
youíre the man in my heart, and Iím the girl on your mind
our souls are connected, our fates intertwined
youíll protect me, and Iíll defend you
~come heaven or hell, thatís something I swear I'll always do~
-avi and siggy courtesy of yorleni <3
~viva.la.vida~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:19   Link #1449
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the clouds
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I couldn't resist doing this...

I've been asked to come up here, to get Ichigo out of the closet, man this is some crazy shit, why don't you come out of the closet?

He said, "I'm not gonna come out the closet, so you can just go away."

But everyone wants you out of the closet.

"But that doesn't matter because I'm gonna stay."

Now I'm starting to get angry, so I pull out my ZANPAKTOU!!!

*people get scared and run off*

I'm gonna give you the count to three to open the closest door. 1...I'm gonna cut you up, 2...I'm gonna cut some bitch. 3...

::closet opens, and slowly walks in...door closes::

Now I'm in the closet...now in the closet too
who else is going in that closet?? renji perhaps?? xD
south park the r-kelly episode thingy, loved it

ichi get your ass outta that closet nao D:<
__________________
secret smiles, our secret code ♥ and only we know what it means
youíre the man in my heart, and Iím the girl on your mind
our souls are connected, our fates intertwined
youíll protect me, and Iíll defend you
~come heaven or hell, thatís something I swear I'll always do~
-avi and siggy courtesy of yorleni <3
~viva.la.vida~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:28   Link #1450
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the clouds
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Rukia has already came out of the closet.

If Rukia was a guy, there'd be so many gay jokes

no there wouldn't be, if she was all everyone would think of is yaoi.. ichixruki yaoi renxruki yaoi kaixruki yaoi byaxruki ashixruki yaoi (yes i know ashido is filler but think yaoi") ect.. xD
i think if rukia was a guy the rukia x anyone especially ichigo would probably more popular in the polls than it is now because she's rukia in guy version and also the yaoi factor and the fangirls lolz

ok that was sarcasm love :3
__________________
secret smiles, our secret code ♥ and only we know what it means
youíre the man in my heart, and Iím the girl on your mind
our souls are connected, our fates intertwined
youíll protect me, and Iíll defend you
~come heaven or hell, thatís something I swear I'll always do~
-avi and siggy courtesy of yorleni <3
~viva.la.vida~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 23:17   Link #1451
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~viva.la.vida~ View Post
no there wouldn't be, if she was all everyone would think of is yaoi.. ichixruki yaoi renxruki yaoi kaixruki yaoi byaxruki ashixruki yaoi (yes i know ashido is filler but think yaoi") ect.. xD
i think if rukia was a guy the rukia x anyone especially ichigo would probably more popular in the polls than it is now because she's rukia in guy version and also the yaoi factor and the fangirls lolz

ok that was sarcasm love :3
You're dense aren't you? I won't bother trying to explain the joke to you.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 00:01   Link #1452
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in the clouds
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You're dense aren't you? I won't bother trying to explain the joke to you.
in terms of your sense of humor yes i am love, and personally i could care less
__________________
secret smiles, our secret code ♥ and only we know what it means
youíre the man in my heart, and Iím the girl on your mind
our souls are connected, our fates intertwined
youíll protect me, and Iíll defend you
~come heaven or hell, thatís something I swear I'll always do~
-avi and siggy courtesy of yorleni <3
~viva.la.vida~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 01:04   Link #1453
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
*hits this thread w/ a taser*

maybe that'll calm it down...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 02:32   Link #1454
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawRabbi View Post
I get your point but she's just so hard for me to like. I constantly have to say i like her and defend her character.

...it's very sad and stupid.

i mean i wish for one minute she wasn't doing something where her goal is to get closer to ichigo or ichigo related. (baiscally not contantly having him on her mind) She just gets me pissed off ever since the HM arc. The ichihime stuff i can take. but there are other reason her character is getting me mad. I guess i can't take when a character contantly whines 'bout life (making it very obivious) and tries to makes you sympathetic for her. (well at least tite seems to be)

He should show her when she's actually happy with her life.
Orihime has only "whined about life" 3 times. First was her break down because of being unable to cheer up Ichigo and it showed just how bad herinferiority complex was. It seems at that time she felt to be a good person you would have to be perfect and imposably saintly. That lasted maybe 10 min's and was baseicly cleared up right then and there. Remember that that was when pretty much the whole cast (Ichigo, Chad, Ishida and even Tastuki) was doing the same thing as her and some of them it was focused on even longer, Ichigo being the worst with his huge poor me I'm emo cause I can't protect everyone and I have a hollow in me but I won't go to the guys that say they can help. The second time was when Urahara told her what amounted to "you're completly useless, go away and don't come back" again that lasted only long enuff for her to leave the store and have Rukia drag the story out of her so maybe 10 - 15 mins. She did not whine durring Good bye, Halcyon Days she had no illusions, she knew she was giveing her life up to save the people she cared about and that her life was basicly over and basicly had no regrets. The third and last was not whineing but understandable grife as she was locked in a room and was feeling the same friends she was trying to protect by comeing to HM dieing. And even then she is nowhere near as bad as Rukia was durring the SS arc, who gave up , wanted to die, and even tryed to prevent her rescue.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 02:43   Link #1455
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I couldn't resist doing this...
You sir win one internets.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 03:14   Link #1456
Syphen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Orihime has only "whined about life" 3 times. First was her break down because of being unable to cheer up Ichigo and it showed just how bad herinferiority complex was. It seems at that time she felt to be a good person you would have to be perfect and imposably saintly. That lasted maybe 10 min's and was baseicly cleared up right then and there. Remember that that was when pretty much the whole cast (Ichigo, Chad, Ishida and even Tastuki) was doing the same thing as her and some of them it was focused on even longer, Ichigo being the worst with his huge poor me I'm emo cause I can't protect everyone and I have a hollow in me but I won't go to the guys that say they can help. The second time was when Urahara told her what amounted to "you're completly useless, go away and don't come back" again that lasted only long enuff for her to leave the store and have Rukia drag the story out of her so maybe 10 - 15 mins. She did not whine durring Good bye, Halcyon Days she had no illusions, she knew she was giveing her life up to save the people she cared about and that her life was basicly over and basicly had no regrets. The third and last was not whineing but understandable grife as she was locked in a room and was feeling the same friends she was trying to protect by comeing to HM dieing. And even then she is nowhere near as bad as Rukia was durring the SS arc, who gave up , wanted to die, and even tryed to prevent her rescue.
Wow, i honestly can't tell which is more jaded, your understanding of character motivations or your horrendous spelling. You realize that when there's a red line underneath a word, that means something is wrong, right?

First off, Inoue has been notorious for constantly reinstating her own uselessness. No one is more of a critic than she is when it comes to self deprecation. Her resolve is so faint, that even when it does appear, it feels out of place and forced. But that isn't what annoys me about her. Half of it is the constant reiteration of her issues, despite the fact that we could plainly see that she has a vapid inferiority complex within the first 5 episodes. The other half is the seething communion of fans that relentlessly assert that she is in fact an original and compelling character. She is not. She is stock. The role of the helpless, empty headed princess "doing her best" in a cruel, cruel world has been played so many times that I continue to be amazed at how writers can get away with whoring out this archetype.

I don't know whether to attribute this post to blatant hypocrisy or unadulterated ignorance. I feel like I'm being trolled here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The third and last was not whineing but understandable grife as she was locked in a room and was feeling the same friends she was trying to protect by comeing to HM dieing. And even then she is nowhere near as bad as Rukia was durring the SS arc, who gave up , wanted to die, and even tryed to prevent her rescue.
I mean wow, just wow, truly astonishing.

Inoue "sacrificed" herself with little knowledge of the other options, she was quick to martyr herself without any idea if it was necessary. Rukia knew the level of Ichigo's power, she was also aware of the level of Byakuya's and the rest of the Soul Society officers. It's called self-sacrifice. It was a levelheaded decision putting the safety of others before her own, taking the facts and power levels into account. Apparently that's something that only Inoue is capable of in your eyes.

Self-sacrifice is something they both tried to accomplish. You've simply blinded yourself with your own bias.

Inoue had no concept of the power of the Arrancar, merely a vague understanding that they may have been "stronger than Ichigo." With such a narrow minded view of the situation, how on earth could she think she was qualified to make a judgment call on what was best for her friends. In short, Rukia made the decision to self-sacrifice based on the crushing reality of power that she knew infinitely more about than Ichigo. Orihime made the decision to self-sacrifice based on vague ambitions of delaying the attacks on her friends and an inclination towards self-destruction, be it from her low self-esteem or her feeling of helplessness. Either way, her surrendering was as illogical and stupid as Rukia telling them all to split up while searching in Hueco Mundo.

That is all.

Last edited by Syphen; 2008-10-14 at 15:45.
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 03:49   Link #1457
Ichigo&Rukia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rukia-land
Age: 19
Quote:
The third and last was not whineing but understandable grife as she was locked in a room and was feeling the same friends she was trying to protect by comeing to HM dieing. And even then she is nowhere near as bad as Rukia was durring the SS arc, who gave up , wanted to die, and even tryed to prevent her rescue.
God.
Because Rukia DID NOT want her friends to get hurt. She wanted to make them get away from her. While Orihime said she was happy that her Kurosaki-kun came to save her. That's not whining. That's MORE than whining, I find it disgusting how she was happy and how when Ichigo's Hollow appeared she was worrying if he came for her or not while he was fighting with Espada and while Rukia and the rest were dying. For her.
Rukia didn't have POWERS to fight. No kido, No zanpaktou, what do you expect her to do, kill everyone with her super hidden power she doesn't have? Orihime had her fairies and she didn't do anything except stand behind Ichigo wondering how many times she can say "Kurosaki-kuuuuun" for an hour.
__________________
Claimed by BleachOD
Ichigo&Rukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 04:33   Link #1458
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
Orihime made the sacrifice because Team Ichigo needed a reason to go to Hueco Mundo. We can discuss character motivations all we want, but to be really honest, Bleach's writing (apart from Turn Back the Pendulum) since the end of the Vaizard/Arrancar arc hasn't been strong enough.

Orihime became a Macguffin and really any character would have sufficed (Ishida took that roll during the Bount arc). Granted, the same could be said about Rukia, but it was inevitable from the start after she gave Ichigo her powers.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 05:14   Link #1459
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
the raging of hardcore fans brings a smile to my face
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 05:26   Link #1460
tbl
Affably Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hammerspace or Australia, I forget which
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
the raging of hardcore fans brings a smile to my face
I choose to blame Kubo's writing. It's better than a readiness to die for a ship.
__________________
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.