AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 68 35.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 37.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-03, 21:41   Link #341
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm just want to reiterate that even though I'm not a fan of shounen fighting shows, Claymore is one of the best shows I've seen this year. This episode, in particular, positively broadcasts it's wuxia roots. It's almost a shame that Clare's almost certain to get her arm replaced.

I've felt for a long time that most shounen fighting shows are based on wuxia templates. As an extension of that, pretty much any show with some sort of spiritual energy is similar to the mythical depictions of chi.

Off-topic:

That's a great read. I'd like to point out that many anime also remove the parents (predominantly the mother) so that the responsibility has to be bourne by the protagonists.
Child Services Doesn't Have Much Presence
My Kung-Fu is Stronger Than Yours
Old 2007-07-04, 09:59   Link #342
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmisaelXVIII View Post
It would be natural if there was at least one awakened that could match or even overpower priscilla...

Teresa was the 77th class. That makes 76 generations full of 0-digit that could possibly became awakened beings (and some of them male AB). And after Teresa may also be some new ones from the top five. But it's still hard to think in anything more powerfull. :P
If i'm not mistake, that M.I.B. back in episode 05 said Teresa was the 178th warrior created by the Organization. If they really created 47 warriors in every class, Teresa would have a number a lot bigger.

Most likely, they create a new class of a few Claymores from times to times, as substitutes of warriors already dead or Awaked. That means in a group of 47 Claymores, we can see warriors from different classes - newcomers and veterans - working together.
Old 2007-07-04, 10:32   Link #343
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I would say that every class has it A+ students, B students, C students and it D- student. The one that are A student generally land the top 10 rank of Claymore. Some one like Clare who is consider a D student land in the bottom. They only replace rank if any die during a fight with AB or Yoma. I think most send their Black Letter before they turn to AB. Only a few who lose them self in battle are the one who turn AB which I would guess is rare but not uncommon situation for it to happen. Even Teresa class would have it share of C and D student so not all are crazy powerful.
Old 2007-07-04, 10:36   Link #344
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually, since there are nine single digit, even if each one only kills one Awakened Being a year, that still leaves nine Claymores awakening every year just to keep the numbers stable.
Old 2007-07-04, 16:31   Link #345
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

When one looks at the numbers that way it seems that the Organization is much more troublesome than the youma that they fight.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-04, 21:59   Link #346
ArmisaelXVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
When one looks at the numbers that way it seems that the Organization is much more troublesome than the youma that they fight.
It somehow reminds me of antivirus software. I suppose the organization should be something more than just a tool to make money, it must go anywhere.

Old 2007-07-23, 21:22   Link #347
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post

But look at the number of Yoma there are! Just Claire has killed more than 20 since the start of the series in one of 47 regions. Plus Claire being the weakest of Claymore, her region could be the least infected.

So a few dozen AB around in exchange for thousand of Yoma killed isn't such a bad tradeoff

For Anime, Video Games, and Science Fiction news and reviews go to Time Travel is Awesome
Closed Thread