AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 68 35.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 37.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 10:50   Link #61
v1cious

wow, is it just me? or did the quality go down a niche in this episode. i mean normally i don't complain about this sort of thing, but it felt there were a lot of corners cut in places. for example the whole fight between Clare and Ophelia looked like a slide show.

that aside, this episode was awesome, a couple of interesting plot twists.

Last edited by v1cious; 2007-06-27 at 11:26.
Old 2007-06-27, 11:15   Link #62
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Was a bit disappointed in that myself, but as certain people say we have to bend over and take it because of the budget. I just hope they use the better half of there budget for some of the upcoming awesome episodes.

I was just glad they did Ophelia and Irene right in this episode, the fight was cut up of course (which is odd considering how they add in extra scenes to slow down previous episodes), but most of the important bits were there.

The actual quality of the episode itself was quite high though.
Old 2007-06-27, 11:27   Link #63
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Downloading the Eclipse fansub version as I type.

Okay. This was better than ep 12, thank goodness.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-06-27 at 12:06.
Old 2007-06-27, 11:28   Link #64
ArmisaelXVIII

ohhh Irene is back *-* but I felt some pity for her giving up her 'fighting spirit". But well, survival is kind of a noble cause and she was probably forced to be a claymore.

Who would be that o.x claymore? it may be Noel... but... I see it to hard to believe she survived. Ii should be another claymore, a new one. it's even a little hard to believe Irene survived. x_X

Old 2007-06-27, 11:31   Link #65
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmisaelXVIII View Post

ohhh Irene is back *-* but I felt some pity for her giving up her 'fighting spirit". But well, survival is kind of a noble cause and she was probably forced to be a claymore.

Who would be that o.x claymore? it may be Noel... but... I see it to hard to believe she survived. Ii should be another claymore, a new one. it's even a little hard to believe Irene survived. x_X

Sometimes a warrior felt that enough is enough after witness such overwhelming force that he/she can do nothing about it despite all the skills and knowledge the warrior possessed. Not to mention losing a sizable portion of your command despite doing everything to preserve it can undone a warrior fighting spirit.

This is what happened to Irene/Ilena.

Some people call it cowardice, some call it battle exhaustion or fatigue.
Old 2007-06-27, 11:55   Link #66
CodySilver

Just watched it....

This time I have to give this a 10/10.... even with small differences, the overall quality is awesome, Irene is amazing and Claire is crippled.... trying to manage flash sword with her left arm... pretty tough.... poor Claire...

Ophelia looks great in her awakened form, just saw in preview....How would Claire deal with her with just one arm???

ps. No Jelly Job there.... I'd love to see that....
Old 2007-06-27, 12:02   Link #67
Kouvley

Additional thoughts after watching the sub.

-Irene was awsome, I like her new clothes.
-No real explaination on how Irene survived but it's likely just down to pure luck and maybe Priscilla not being bothered to verify their deaths since she was thinking about feasting on the nearby village.
-Emi Shinohara done a great job voicing Ophelia, she pulled off that twisted vicious playfulness really well.
-Will Clare go through the rest of the story with just one arm? I hope not! Using Deneve for spare parts actually sounds plausible.
Old 2007-06-27, 12:04   Link #68
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Sometimes a warrior felt that enough is enough after witness such overwhelming force that he/she can do nothing about it despite all the skills and knowledge the warrior possessed. Not to mention losing a sizable portion of your command despite doing everything to preserve it can undone a warrior fighting spirit.

This is what happened to Irene/Ilena.

Some people call it cowardice, some call it battle exhaustion or fatigue.

Yeah. And we can't forget Irene didn't want that mission of Hunting Teresa in the first place because she was afraid of her imense power. But unfortunately she was forced to follow orders and hunt the traitor, after all, they're just tools in the hands of the Organization.

Even worse, she trusted the rookie Priscilla could take down Teresa. But not only she was wrong, instead Priscilla "awaked", turning herself in the worst nightmare of the world.

And the traitor she went to hunt was not a menace to the Organization at all. Even though Teresa killed some humans, she was still treating them with respect. Actually, she was even more gentle and compassive than before. If they had left her alone, Teresa would just disappear with no harm to anyone (except maybe some youmas).

Maybe in a way Irene thinks the "awaken" of Priscilla was her own mistake.

EDIT: Just a little question...

If Irene was able to recover herself from the wounds she suffered, why she couldn't recover her right arm, too? After all, even considerating the fact she can't make a new one just like Deneve, she could pretty much attain her original arm back using her healing powers, just like Clare did with her legs in Episode 12. After all, A.O.Priscilla threw her arm back to her.

Last edited by PGilis; 2007-06-27 at 12:17.
Old 2007-06-27, 12:14   Link #69
yondy

Excelletn episode, this one takes the spot as my 2nd favorite episode after episode 8.

I'm a manga reader, and no complains from me. Kudos to Madhouse for doing a great job.
Old 2007-06-27, 12:14   Link #70
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

That was awesome. Made my day. I remember reading this part in the manga and thinking, "Main characters aren't supposed to get this messed up! She's going to die if the author isn't careful! Come on man, there's only so much she can take!" I think it was the first time I was genuinely concerned about the survival of a comic book character. She really didn't stand a chance against Ophelia.

Now Irene and Clare are 1 arm buddies. Good thing one has a right arm and one has a left so they can hold hands. They did a good job on showing how frustrated Ophelia was trying to land an attack on Irene. Haha, not a chance! I'm also a big fan of Irenes voice. She sounds very calm and intelligent.

I was starting to get worried with people talking about animation quality and budget costs until I put in an anime from the mid 90's and saw what animation used to look like for a tv series. That put all my concerns to rest. Claymore is awesome.
Old 2007-06-27, 13:02   Link #71
zephyrmiasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post

If Irene was able to recover herself from the wounds she suffered, why she couldn't recover her right arm, too? After all, even considerating the fact she can't make a new one just like Deneve, she could pretty much attain her original arm back using her healing powers, just like Clare did with her legs in Episode 12. After all, A.O.Priscilla threw her arm back to her.
maybe Irene used up all her remaining yoki to heal her life threatening wounds,
and had no more yoki to reattach her arm. and by the time she got her yoki recovered, her arm has already rotten away... or she could have gone unconscience for a few days and the arm can't be reattached back. (too bad they don't have a fridge invented yet lol)

remember Deneve had the same problem after regenerating her arm and couldn't heal her stomach wounds until she had to go awaken form...
Old 2007-06-27, 13:22   Link #72
Jerseykid

Sexy preview
Old 2007-06-27, 13:23   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah Irene probably just lucked out that she didn't receive an injury impossible to recover from. Could be she used up too much yoki dealing with all the other wounds and couldn't save the arm.

Good thing her flash sword didn't require two hands to pull off. While she can't do any two handed swings she's probably just as dangerous as ever. Too bad about losing her fighting spirit but it's understandable how she'd feel after all of this. Goes out with a team to hunt down someone she wasn't all that eager to be fighting in the first place. Lose Noel and Sophia, Teresa killed, and have Priscilla awaken. Plus some of it she blames on herself for not taking into account Priscilla's inexperience. Makes sense why she'd like to just step away from it all, though personally I'd like to see her back out there kicking ass.

Good thinking though teaching Clare the flash sword. Probably won't be able to do it to the degree of Irene but that's not really the point. Teresa wasn't as good at the ability either but her ability to detect yoki gave her the advantage.
Old 2007-06-27, 13:31   Link #74
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Deserved a 10 because the adaptation was perfect. Brilliant entry by Irene. Cant think of how they could have made the episode better. Better colored than last week too. Action was there, so no problem...a perfect episode
Old 2007-06-27, 13:35   Link #75
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Or...
Deneve see's Claire missing an arm
Devene-Damn it not again.
Gives Claire an arm.
Miria-Again?
Deneve-I have to do this about twice a week for Helen.
lol
Helen "You see, my arms usually get so entangled it's easier to just cut them and reattach Denev's ones "

great episode ^^
the Claire-Ofi swordfight was awesome, and I love Irene's voice. Her new outfit is so cool, too!
I also give credit to Ofi's seiyuu, last episode she seemed weird to me, but this episode's performance was great ^^
Old 2007-06-27, 13:35   Link #76
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

I love this episode!
Old 2007-06-27, 13:47   Link #77
Quakis

Send a message via MSN to Quakis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Didn't she want to surpress her yoki to hide from the Organization/etc so she was thought of being dead? She'd have to use yoki to heal and ofcourse possibly be known alive and didn't want to risk it?
Old 2007-06-27, 13:52   Link #78
steeddy

Another week, another great episode. They really got Ophelia spot on this time I think, and facial animation in particular seemed to have gone up a notch. Next week promises to be another corker as well.

Only bad point about this episode? We're already halfway through the series
Old 2007-06-27, 14:34   Link #79
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Irene appearing out of the blue to save the day was such an annoying case of Deus ex Machina that it totally ruined this episode for me.

Old 2007-06-27, 14:37   Link #80
philosophico

This has been one of my favorite animes of the year. I didnt know that claire was only 1/4 yoma. Shes more human then demon. Explains why she is the weakest claymore.
Closed Thread