AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 68 35.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 37.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-06-27, 14:44   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
If Irene was able to recover herself from the wounds she suffered, why she couldn't recover her right arm, too? After all, even considerating the fact she can't make a new one just like Deneve, she could pretty much attain her original arm back using her healing powers, just like Clare did with her legs in Episode 12. After all, A.O.Priscilla threw her arm back to her.
She probably fainted before she could reattach it. It saved her life, but cost her the chance to reattach her arm.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:02   Link #82
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Well to be fair, it was either someone saving Clare or Clare going OMFG SUPER-HIDDEN POWER!!11 and defeating Ophelia when she, at this point, stands no chance. So out of those 2 options I would rather have Irene showing up and saving Clare.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:02   Link #83
Plasoul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
I still say that Raki needs to become a male Claymore and fucking kill 4 Awakened Beings at the same time with using just a kitchen knife.
lol I would love too see that one day ! but It would be cool to see Raki become a powerful human warrior.
Plasoul is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:04   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whow so Ophelia jumped off the deep end O.O whow could have guess that she ends up being awakened...and from the look of it she seems to have a split personality disorder ~ with all the "onii chan onii chan" thing going on in one minute and the SCREW YOU! in the next...pretty scary stuff

and for irene to be alive...i kinda half guessed that...and imo she has matured for the better ^.^ clare's arm is disentigrated as well...not good >.<
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:04   Link #85
Plasoul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Age: 37
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Well to be fair, it was either someone saving Clare or Clare going OMFG SUPER-HIDDEN POWER!!11 and defeating Ophelia when she, at this point, stands no chance. So out of those 2 options I would rather have Irene showing up and saving Clare.

I totally agree ! I much prefer it that way.
Plasoul is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:17   Link #86
Claymore_Obsessed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Irene appearing out of the blue to save the day was such an annoying case of Deus ex Machina that it totally ruined this episode for me.
I'm sorry for you ^^;;

but please consider this is is supposed to be a shonen.
Deus ex Machinas are part of the game, the difference is how the author manages them. Imho Yagi-sensei made a wonderful job there.
(By comparison, I'm thinking about Bleach. Bleach is a good manga, I enjoy it, but its Deus ex Machinas are by far more annoying to me )
__________________
Claymore_Obsessed is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:27   Link #87
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Haha fun episode sheesh never seen so many limbs hack off in an anime. Am I the only one who felt that Ophelia's awakening was completely of the blue? With Priscilla it was understandable she was pushing herself past her limit, but Ophelia was doing no such thing. Even when she was attacking Irene her eyes remained silver. It just seemed kind of strange to me that a top ten would just all of a sudden awaken without any forewarning. Is this just another shonen plot device or is there an actual justification?
saravis is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:41   Link #88
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Haha fun episode sheesh never seen so many limbs hack off in an anime. Am I the only one who felt that Ophelia's awakening was completely of the blue? With Priscilla it was understandable she was pushing herself past her limit, but Ophelia was doing no such thing. Even when she was attacking Irene her eyes remained silver. It just seemed kind of strange to me that a top ten would just all of a sudden awaken without any forewarning. Is this just another shonen plot device or is there an actual justification?
It is her failure to rein in her anger and it is compounded by the fact she was defeated by unknown opponent which galled her fragile self worth even more. Her self worth is defined by her victories and Awaken Beings kill score. Undoubtedly it gave her an extra edge in her obsession to kill Yomas and Awaken Beings but when it went all wrong, she blame her failure on others and become out of control. Lack of empathy, unreasonable hatred and dissonance of blame are good candidates for negative mental state overflow which cause her to tip over the edge.

Claymore emotional state is big factor in controlling their demonic urges, Ophelia maybe a very skillful warrior with good IQ but her EQ absolutely sucked. Of course the Organization don't give a shit about her lack of EQ as long as she is on their side.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:42   Link #89
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yuri Land
Age: 28
Justification should come by when u come to know Ophelia's past i guess. it will give u a better understanding of her character and why she was o pissed that she awakened.
__________________
toxic_trance is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 15:55   Link #90
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Also, she was hurt. Maybe more hurt as she'd ever been since she became a Claymore. And being hurt does lower your limit.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:03   Link #91
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The thing is that the title is not about "Fitness", in the meaning of "train enough".

It's rather about the mental part, having the ability to fight, the mindset and
motivation, and being qualified to carry on.
Being "fit" for battle doesn't equate to being trained enough. I don't think the word "qualified" should be used at all. Just take Priscilla as an example.

In my opinion, she was qualified to fight, but she wasn't fit for battling Teresa yet, mentally and physically.
cors8 is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:08   Link #92
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
It is her failure to rein in her anger and it is compounded by the fact she was defeated by unknown opponent which galled her fragile self worth even more. Her self worth is defined by her victories and Awaken Beings kill score. Undoubtedly it gave her an extra edge in her obsession to kill Yomas and Awaken Beings but when it went all wrong, she blame her failure on others and become out of control. Lack of empathy, unreasonable hatred and dissonance of blame are good candidates for negative mental state overflow which cause her to tip over the edge.

Claymore emotional state is big factor in controlling their demonic urges, Ophelia maybe a very skillful warrior with good IQ but her EQ absolutely sucked. Of course the Organization don't give a shit about her lack of EQ as long as she is on their side.
Makes sense. Chalk one up for another ingenious decision by the Org. *sarcasm*
It's kind of ironic you know, the very organization that was established to combat a threat (Yoma) is responsible for creating a far worse one. (AO)
saravis is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:27   Link #93
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, she was hurt. Maybe more hurt as she'd ever been since she became a Claymore. And being hurt does lower your limit.
dont you mean her mental strength? i guess being defeated like that she lost all sense of logic as well as her sanity (i mean to her dark side) ~ i cant wait to hear about her past...the "brother who was eaten in front of her" story seems all to classic so i hope theres a twist :3

now why didnt irene just killed her off while she had a chance? O.o
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:35   Link #94
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It makes sense if Ophelia beat a hasty retreat after her brief encounter with Irene/Ilena. And Irene/Ilena have to check if Claire is alive or not, so there is good reason as to why she did not pursue wounded Ophelia to finish her off. Plus Ophelia can run as earlier scenes of her intercepting running Claire indicated.

Well for something to ponder about, I do notice that Claire got her face shoved into something a lot of times. LOL
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:36   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, that, too. But I meant physically hurt.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:55   Link #96
Ejinathan
pro lumberjack
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Age: 27
Somehow i was always thinking about what if Irene survived and just when i check that episode ploof shes back heh.

Also i tought that Ophelia was far more grazy ... i even doubted if Teresa could keep up with her. Anyway i'm relieved now that ophelia is no match to Irene or Teresa.

So Ophelia was a weakling after all i guess haha .


Spoiler:





I felt directly in love with claymore, damn it became my anime nr 1 in no time.
Ejinathan is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 16:59   Link #97
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Well for something to ponder about, I do notice that Claire got her face shoved into something a lot of times. LOL
Won't be the last time either!

Inc Yuri fanboys....
cors8 is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 17:10   Link #98
Ellis
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Rhaaaa, awesome episode...
This really became my favorite anime !
Ellis is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 17:42   Link #99
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Heh, watched it 3 straight times now and I fell in love with Irene all over again. Great to see her in something other than that armor.

And comparing the two paths that Irene and Clare took, this was a very human set of choices. Irene made a smart decision - I don't think that anyone can honestly blame her for calling it quits and living in isolation (althought she could have picked up herself a 'Rak' of her own' ). Awakened Priscilla's power scared the fight right out of a #2 Rank - THAT would have to be some awesome power there. And Clare...ah, sweet Clare. She chose a very hard path to tread but I'll forever admire her determination to try and take Priscilla's head.

And with Ophelia...I kinda sense that's what happened with Priscilla right before she took Teresa's head - the nearly instantaeous personality switch-over to the darkside. I really think that the first pleas for her brother were truly real. It's almost frightening how many differing choices could be made and were made by different people in very similar circumstances.
Tempest35 is offline  
Old 2007-06-27, 17:43   Link #100
IMSabbel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
dont you mean her mental strength? i guess being defeated like that she lost all sense of logic as well as her sanity (i mean to her dark side) ~ i cant wait to hear about her past...the "brother who was eaten in front of her" story seems all to classic so i hope theres a twist :3

now why didnt irene just killed her off while she had a chance? O.o
Well, did you listen closely? Her brother was killed by that "one horned monster", so she has something in common with clare. There is only one prominent one horned awakened around.

Orphelia shows the "bad end" route of somebody becoming a claymore out of revenge, kinda what clare would have been if she succumbed to anger.
IMSabbel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.