AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-02, 22:39   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Over a third of these series are from Yoshiyuki Tomino directed anime. I'm going to call Xabungle for A.C.E 4.
Why not Ideon while we're at it?

Another Century Episode 3 - THE FINAL.

Sorry, dude. Won't happen.
More definitively, it was officially announced from the creators of A.C.E. that this will be the last game in the series. Guess it didn't do as good as SRW.
Old 2007-07-03, 04:38   Link #22
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
More definitively, it was officially announced from the creators of A.C.E. that this will be the last game in the series. Guess it didn't do as good as SRW.
well i believe they will put everything they got into this final one hopefully it will do some good in making popular again or just do as good as SRWs.

Intro for ACE 3 The Final(well i think its its the intro)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1mQ9sIQFc
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 04:44   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
well i believe they will put everything they got into this final one hopefully it will do some good in making popular again or just do as good as SRWs.

Intro for ACE 3 The Final(well i think its its the intro)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1mQ9sIQFc
I like how Shin Getter's all like "HA! SHIN GETTER SMASH!" I really hope they use the Shin Getter Robo Armageddon designs for Ryo, Hayato, Benkei and Musashi because the song is supposed to be heats and that would mean I get to beat up some invaders. Also I think this will be the first time in the series that any unit you are using will have more than one pilot. I'm also wondering how they are going to work the "Change Getter" function, if it's going to be a button press and a direction or if you get a cutscene of them doing the "Open Get" or what. Shin Getter's bound to steal the show as it's bigger than any other unit in the game that you can control.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 11:24   Link #24
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm also wondering how they are going to work the "Change Getter" function, if it's going to be a button press and a direction or if you get a cutscene of them doing the "Open Get" or what. Shin Getter's bound to steal the show as it's bigger than any other unit in the game that you can control.
Wow that'll be either ueber haxx (dodging every single thing thrown at you with 'PAUSE GAME, CHANGE GETTER') or ueber clunky(won't fit in with fast paced gameplay), depending whether the sequence is cinematic-based or not. My guess would be for the player to choose the combination order of the 3 right before the mission, they'll combine and that's it. If storyline requires it and you're not in that required form, then a 'CHANGE GETTER!' cinematic is in order.

On another note, smashing 1st gen Getters are gonna be fun. Not to mention that Dragon thing...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 13:21   Link #25
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Cut the flame, douse the fire, ACE III is here~

Nevermind~

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2007-07-10 at 13:54.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 19:03   Link #26
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

Putting shin getter in this was fricken retarded. Its ginormous compared to everything else and will crazy ass attacks. (shin shine spark anyone?) A.C.E. has remained a relatively real robot styled game with teh exception of like God gundam, but thats it. Shin getter freaking cleaves planets in half with a giant fricken axe.
RX-93 HI-NU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 21:04   Link #27
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I'm pretty sure they would tone down whatever attacks Shin Getter has...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 21:17   Link #28
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-93 HI-NU View Post
A.C.E. has remained a relatively real robot styled game with teh exception of like God gundam, but thats it.
Super Robot Wars? lulz
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 21:22   Link #29
Ottocycle

Correct me if I'm wrong(I never actually watched it) but aren't the Brains from Brain Powerd super robots? And they're in all three installments at that.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:27   Link #30
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

Quote:
A.C.E. has remained a relatively real robot styled game with teh exception of like God gundam, but thats it.
Quote:
A.C.E. has remained a relatively real robot styled game
Quote:
A.C.E. has remained
Quote:
A.C.E.
I don't see my self mentioning SRW now do I?
RX-93 HI-NU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 20:20   Link #31
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

There are no rules stating that ACE must be a real robot game, are there? I, for one, welcome our new Getter overlords.

I'll go even further and call Turn A and Turn X supers.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2007-07-11 at 20:35.
Old 2007-07-12, 00:43   Link #32
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Sorry, Shin Getter Robo pretty much kills the atmosphere. Ok, the big boy simply doesn't FIT, hell, its recklessness is way outta line even by Gundam SEED standards!

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2007-07-12 at 10:20.
Old 2007-07-12, 01:23   Link #33
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Sorry, Shin Getter Robo pretty much kills the atmosphere. Ok, the big boy simply doesn't FIT, hell, its emo is way outta line even by Gundam SEED standards!

- Tak

Never in the entire Internets has there been one statement filled with so much fail as the above one. I'll bet you label GaoGaiGar emo as well.
Old 2007-07-12, 10:17   Link #34
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Actually, did I just use the word 'emo'? Ok, I blame on late-night typing. The correct word is 'recklessness'.

- Tak

Old 2007-07-12, 11:21   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post

Never in the entire Internets has there been one statement filled with so much fail as the above one. I'll bet you label GaoGaiGar emo as well.
Well if we are talking about Toei's Getter Robo characters then they kind of do the Toei fast paced get knocked down, whine about weakness (for example Ryo's vertigo in Getta Robo episode 3 or Musashi's fear of reptiles), and get up again with the encouragement of friends (Force Ryo to train, Lock Musashi in a supply closet with snakes) thing . However, this being Shin Getter Armageddon with the psycho versions of the characters, that is out of the question.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 11:41   Link #36
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Regardless of the argument, Shin Getter Robo simply does not fit in universes such as ACE.

How, where and WHAT!?!?!?

- Tak

Old 2007-07-12, 19:20   Link #37
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Hey, it's Banpresto. They unified almost all the various Gundam continuties into the same universe and combined ZA PAWA and Gunbuster episode 6 in Alpha 3.
Old 2007-07-12, 21:35   Link #38
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

As I said, this is not Super Robot Wars, this is ACE, a completely different league even if it is done by the same company (actually developed by the mecha-sim company, From Software).

ACE always revolved around real-robot-genre lines, and with the sudden appearance of Getter Robo, I just don't know what quite to say...

Not that I will shy away from this game, I'd most certainly buy it, but I probably won't use the Getter Robo much, if at all.

- Tak (Likewise, my ALPHA 3 squads almost always exclusively consist of real-robots)

Old 2007-07-12, 22:04   Link #39
DaigoMadoka

Turn A is actually more of a real to me, at least until you consider the Moonlight Butterfly, which may either be scaled down or be done like the Wings of Rean Nanajin and V-MAX, being used automatically when it's HP hits a really low number.

ACE started with real robots, but considering how it only has three games, the real rule of that it's real robot based was in the roster only really. However, Dunbine and Brain Powerd can be considered hybrids; their size are roughly smaller or close to real robots, but most of their abilities crosses over to Super territory (Growing big for instance) but the gameplay managed to balance them pretty well, and the cutscene they did for them worked well. This didn't go so well with God Gundam though, since it pretty much is a Super, but the problem was that aside from it's lack of long range, it takes quite a bit to turn it into Hyper Mode and being able to use all it's attacks, which made it pretty weak in VS mode.

At this point though, Banpresto taught me one thing: Even if you hate the unit, you'll end up using it if you enjoy the game enough or find them useful. In @3 I've found myself using SEED from time to time despite not liking them that much, because they were useful if you could get them to hit SEED.
DaigoMadoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 04:24   Link #40
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaigoMadoka View Post
At this point though, Banpresto taught me one thing: Even if you hate the unit, you'll end up using it if you enjoy the game enough or find them useful. In @3 I've found myself using SEED from time to time despite not liking them that much, because they were useful if you could get them to hit SEED.
Pretty much. I don't fancy Gundam W or SEED that much, but in @3, boy did the Wing Zero, Freedom and Justice (in METEORs) kick ass. In ACE2, Wing Zero was a tough nut to use, but his combos balanced out his lack of ammunition with his Twin Buster Rifle, while Deathscythe Hell and Heavyarms Custom were plain fun.