AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-21, 05:53   Link #61
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

^ About time. I don't know how many mecha games never had a shield function when the mecha was holding one in plain sight.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 07:09   Link #62
WaytoDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah View Post
^ About time. I don't know how many mecha games never had a shield function when the mecha was holding one in plain sight.
Yea, i bet we all have our fair share of that experience...its always like:

(end of boost-in a stand still)
Soldier 1: Hey! missiles at six o'clock! Evade it!
Soldier 2: No worries! This shield on my arm will block those missiles! EZ! Err...where's the block button? Oh sh...*transmission cut off*

*After black smoke clears off, all thats left was a shiny shield and a broken arm hanging off*
WaytoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:45   Link #63
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
2nd promotion video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8RBlCo6-I (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUzsqHsWwSw (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dBqpgxz9YI (part 3)

Enjoys.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:21   Link #64
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
TOTAL WIN weeeeeeeeeeee~
Old 2007-08-29, 06:35   Link #65
Ottocycle

Yes! CCA ending, but replace Jegan and Doga redshirts with Main Character Suits!

Shin Getter 1 joining in right below Nu was epic.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 10:56   Link #66
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

New scan
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9...5811542qe6.jpg
Old 2007-09-10, 04:53   Link #67
WaytoDawn

YAY! finally! Its out! got my copy today and MAN! I LOVE THIS GAME!

A few things I noticed thus far, mechs that are not meant to fly will fall out of the sky and on to the ground if left hovering in the air. Another thing is...THERE IS A BLOCK BUTTON! in fact, all you need to do is to press L1 and one of the buttons. And the shield stays up!

Review of units used thus far:
Exbrau/Exbrau Type B: These originals are pretty good to use. Not entirely a crowd clearer but still does the job fairly well. There are multiple combo melee attacks too. something like samurai/dynasty warriors. This is an improvement i like quite alot.

YF-19: Quite nice to use. some how i feel it can be better tho...Anyone here who has this game, can you tell me what the L1-square button is for? The one where you launch blue flare like things...

Gundam X- Now this is a very nice unit to use. Overall attacks are useful. The great weapon here is of course, none other than the satelite cannon. It has only one ammo but it reloads quite quick. About 5-8 sec. However, charging it (holding down the button) is relatively long...also about 5-7 sec. At that time, yr open to all sorts of attack. So i wouldn't recomend using the satelite cannon for vs-mode.
Old 2007-09-10, 05:05   Link #68
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Freedom is quite fun. I love how they balanced it out. METEOR Freedom and Justice, with the Wing Zero Custom, have one of the strongest combination attacks possible.

Double X is quite lackluster, but with the G Falcon, it's a great unit.

Love the new combos of Wing Zero Custom.

Limiter removal now removes most, if not all, ammo requirements. UNLIMITED BEAMSPAM WORKS. Delay after certain attacks still apply though.
Old 2007-09-12, 07:05   Link #69
WaytoDawn

How exactly do i gain the limiter removal...I've close to maxing out the stats for Freedom and Exbrau already. Help?
Old 2007-09-12, 09:15   Link #70
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Finish the game once.

Damn, Shin Getter is HAX. And so are Freedom (with or w/o METEOR), METEOR Justice, X Divider, God Gundam, Master Gundam, Wing Zero Custom, Nirvash, Black Getter, and ESPECIALLY King Gainer.
Old 2007-09-13, 08:37   Link #71
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I just got it, but... is it me or the design of the characters look very similar to Persona 3 (also playing ^^)?

Just played the first few stages, the original mecha is quite good in my opinion. Also, the controls are not that hard to grasp if you're relatively familar with ACE 2. An improvement was the use of the freaking shields. Can't wait to see Shin Getter here
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 22:09   Link #72
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Don't know how many folks are interested in this but I made a vid of me playing the Nirvash in an E7 stage. If anyone is wondering how a surfing mecha fights in a game where everyone has a blaster, this is it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ayOv7YmAyM
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 08:46   Link #73
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Gundam X is f***ing SLOW O_O. Jesus, hope Wing Zero wasn't toned down THAT much >_<
Old 2007-09-15, 04:43   Link #74
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Remember: X Divider, Wing Zero Custom, Freedom, Black Getter, Shin Getter, God Gundam, Master Gundam, Nirvash, King Gainer, are all made of love, hax and "ZOMGWTF ITS AN ENEMY *explodes*"
Old 2007-09-15, 06:21   Link #75
WaytoDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Gundam X is f***ing SLOW O_O. Jesus, hope Wing Zero wasn't toned down THAT much >_<
Well, FASTER CHARGE TIME, Pretty good combo's, and after unlocking the limiter, UNLIMITED 360* twin buster rifle. You can just turn a few rounds continuously and BAM! whole field cleared. It isn't like in ACE 2 where you still have to wait a shorter period for that attack to reload. So yea, WZC wasn't tonned down THAT much, in fact, it was turned god-like along side Freedom and Justice.
Old 2007-09-15, 16:29   Link #76
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Ok, I have played a few more stages, Freedom is broken, even more with the METEOR so is Nu and the X Divider with the T Frame. Yeah really, the bosses are pretty easy, but the level of awesomeness of blowing everything up in an instant is the charm of this game ^^
Old 2007-09-18, 15:32   Link #77
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Question... how or when do you get Wing Zero Custom? I already got the Nu HWS and the METEORS and still no Mr. "Tarugetu roku onu" ...
Old 2007-09-18, 18:43   Link #78
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Question... how or when do you get Wing Zero Custom? I already got the Nu HWS and the METEORS and still no Mr. "Tarugetu roku onu" ...
I got him as part of the normal story. He just showed up all of a sudden to help out. Can't remember what stage that was, but I doubt there's a secret requirement to obtain him since he actually appears as part of a cutscene.
Old 2007-09-18, 20:43   Link #79
Ottocycle

I remember somewhere in the game there was a choice to stay in World 1 or warp(bosun jump?) to World 2. I think staying in World 1 will allow you to get WZC.

PS. How did you guys get Freedom or God? Me being quite bad at the game, was only able to get those 2 in the buyable menu. Tsk.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 00:15   Link #80
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Aren't they only available in shop? After first few stage (4 or 5, I think), they'll available for you to buy with fairly cheap cost.