AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 61 35.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 69 39.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 16.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.58%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-03, 18:25   Link #21
kari-no-sugata

Whee!

Spoiler for guess who:
shows up in the preview too!

The actual end to the ep is very slightly into the start of the next manga chapter (and story arc) btw - MiB meeting (with lighting in the background...lol)

More screen shots:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007/07/03/claymore-14/
Old 2007-07-03, 18:40   Link #22
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

A perfect episode. And a perfect 10 from me.

Both the animation and epic visuals in this episode were top notch. Its hard to believe the fantastic job Madhouse is doing!!

Actually I liked this episode in the anime more then in the manga because of the beautiful music score which played during the climax when Clare and Ophelia finally acknowledged eachother as an 'human' being and no longer as enemies.

Its ironical that the awakened Ophelia showed a much more human side then when she still was a claymore...

Also did someone else also got "Lord of the rings vibes" when the camera zoomed in on the organisation's stronghold at the end?

I fear that as of now my rating will be permanently stuck at the 10 rating position.. this series is just bizarre good....cannot find other words..
Old 2007-07-03, 18:47   Link #23
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Well... this concludes the episodes I liked the least during reading the manga (personally, I can't stand the Ophelia arc, because I can't stand Ophelia).

I'd say that Madhouse made the most out of the material they could. From an artistic standpoint, alot of memorable scenes remain. However, the original material... urgh. Not my cup of coffee.

Now that we're through with the weak stuff, on to the arc which introduces my favorite character in the whole show - the little girl from the preview.

Enjoy!

(I know I will) ^_^
Old 2007-07-03, 18:50   Link #24
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Heh well I loved the Ophelia arc so I think this episode was pure awesome. Gave it a 10 myself, I really enjoyed seeing the great animation quality this episode.
Old 2007-07-03, 18:51   Link #25
wrex_japan

Ep. 14 screenshots and summary.

Hmm... sad end for two Claymores... maybe. And there sure was a lot of nekkidness ^_^
Old 2007-07-03, 18:51   Link #26
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
This episode was pretty good over all.

Spoiler for Fight:
Old 2007-07-03, 19:11   Link #27
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan View Post
Ep. 14 screenshots and summary.

Hmm... sad end for two Claymores... maybe. And there sure was a lot of nekkidness ^_^
Yeah...bUT it didn't follow the manga about Clare's "good" side though
Old 2007-07-03, 20:29   Link #28
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I am not sure if you can call this ep as fan service since there is not for titillation factor. Every arc in Claymore is padded with sadness and brutality, Ophelia's opus is no different.

Ophelia not just Awaken, her humanity also finally awakened and it is poignant considering her temporal madness. And to non manga readers, we also get the glimpse of true vulnerability of Claire; another good reason why we continue to cheer for her. We cheer for her humanity, not the fact that she is a hot chick with big sword killing non humans.
Old 2007-07-03, 20:32   Link #29
killer3000ad

Gah, the previews for episode 15 wet my appetite since the next arc has you know who. Next week come faster please!
Old 2007-07-03, 20:43   Link #30
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Great episode.
Spectacular quality and great jump on the story. A few extra scenes not shown in the manga, like the scene where the "mysterious Claymore" is tracking the way and finds the dead awakened been in the city.
A lot of emotions from this episode and Irene's Flash Sword getting every time better.
A well deserved 10.
A great job from MadHouse. Hope the series continues with this level of quality.

And oh boy...

Spoiler for for good life:
Old 2007-07-03, 20:49   Link #31
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Irene is quite cold and distant woman. Not to sure if you will fare well with her in relationship building.
Old 2007-07-03, 21:09   Link #32
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Irene is quite cold and distant woman. Not to sure if you will fare well with her in relationship building.
Heh, Irene's not that cold, she just looks the part. All you need to do is to get used to her subtle emotions and badda bing badda boom. You got an invincible one-armed Jedi Master who looks really good in leather.

I'll wait until the subs come out this time but I already miss Irene. Good thing we still have Miria.

As to Ophelia... It's a shame, a real shame. Her's is a sad story really but she made her life the way it is and killing her was the right thing to do.
May Ophelia finally rest in peace with her bro.
Old 2007-07-03, 21:25   Link #33
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Question

Thanks MadHouse.

Spoiler for About Ophelia, small error, I think:
Old 2007-07-03, 21:30   Link #34
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyelys View Post
Thanks MadHouse.

Spoiler for About Ophelia, small error, I think:
I think that scene was more metaphorical than literal.
Old 2007-07-03, 22:06   Link #35
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Heh, Irene's not that cold, she just looks the part. All you need to do is to get used to her subtle emotions and badda bing badda boom. You got an invincible one-armed Jedi Master who looks really good in leather.

I'll wait until the subs come out this time but I already miss Irene. Good thing we still have Miria.
That's the spirit.

But i will still miss Irene... too bad it seems that she is definitively gone...
Old 2007-07-03, 22:33   Link #36
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Too bad for Clare..no more Teresa, Irene...the motherly guardian types of her life.

Oh well, time for Miria to step it up and show Clare some leadership skills.
Old 2007-07-04, 00:32   Link #37
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
Too bad for Clare..no more Teresa, Irene...the motherly guardian types of her life.
Well they are all inside her now, mentally and physically... What a burden Clare has to carry with her.
Old 2007-07-04, 01:16   Link #38
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Not to mention Ophelia's final wish as well.

That was highly enjoyable. I really enjoy how they keep the voice actors the same even when someone awakens. It made Ophelia so much fun to listen to. Raphaela sounded way different than I imagined her. It gave her a very different flare than what I expected. I'm really curious what the voices will be like in the next episode for the new characters in the preview. One of them a lot more than the other...

It was nice to have the battle in the early morning with the rising sun. Definitely gave it a distinctive feel. I was a big fan of the Flash sword when I saw it originally with Illena and I am glad it has made its comeback in animated glory! I loved how when Illena would use it everything around her would just get cut to shreds.
Old 2007-07-04, 01:18   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-04, 02:28   Link #40
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Well, I kinda feel bad for Ophelia but in the end, it's better to die with human consciousness rather than dying with taste for flesh.

I was kinda thinking...it's great that Irene gave her arm to Clare.

It's not like Clare will ask for Irene's ears...
Closed Thread