AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

View Poll Results: Ratings for Shippuuden 19
Perfect 10 1 1.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 4.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 4.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 27.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 12.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 4.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 7.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-06, 15:41   Link #41
Maxtro

I like the new ending. I would love to see a season or at least some OVA's of "Naruto in High School" But I'm just a sucker for high school shows.

The episode was decent. At first I thought Deidara and Sasori were pretending to fight, to throw the Konoha ninjas off. Turns out is was real

The clone thing...meh. I've seen it before in various other shows and I already know how it will end. My prediction is that, just like in an episode of Teen Titans I saw a while ago, each person will have problems fighting their clone and the only way to beat the clones is to have somebody else fight it for you. It would be really cool watching Neji fight a Lee clone or vice versa. The Gai clone would be a problem because I think that Gai can take on all of his subordinates at once. Tenten should keep fighting her clone, off-camera please.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 17:11   Link #42
Guido

No! Anything but clone fights! The corniest and lamest plot device to stall time, couldn't the author thought of anything much creative?

The only critical reason why I did not rate this episode with a lower ranking is because Deidara and Sasori's heated discussion about what true art constitutes kept me interested.

True art is something that blossoms for an instant before withering away.

True art is something that endures the test of time with beauty and grace.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 17:30   Link #43
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

Still WTF at wireless headsets. Why are they delaying it sooooo much? Is it because the American episodes are catching up so fast?
But still, I am hating Shippuden lately. They jump through trees through like 5 episodes. WE GET THE POINT THAT IT'S FAR AWAY. And all the talking gosh...
1/10 for this episode
I really hate to say it but....
the fillers were better than this.. there I said it.. you can hurt me now.. or just make me watch more Naruto.
Shiokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 17:46   Link #44
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
7 (Good)

It was pretty good, while I really don't have many comments on the episode it self, it wasn’t really bad, or really good, it was just good. I will say this however, Sakura's face was sugoi kawaii when she was charging the rock right at the start of the episode, that was very well drawn IMHO. The music that starts when Chiyo-baasama pulls out those shurikens using chakra strings was great, it really fit and I hope it continues during the fight in the next episode.

None the less the new ending was awesome, that’s how I see Naruto as much older (great cloths, Naruto had a Sagara Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin look). It reminded me of three things, Tenjou Tenge, Great Teacher Onizuka, and Shaolin Soccer (There is one scene where Rock Lee is kicking a goal and Naruto is the goalie, but the ball has like a "chakra" effect on it). I have a guess where the "Manga pages" for the ending came from, this is just a guess would be really cool if it was true.

From first glance it looks like a spin-off manga chapter that was made with a whole different story/plot but using Kishimoto's characters, (obviously a high school fighting theme) if you guys notice around the end Naruto is still the underdog (Sakura, Ino, Hinata) are being held by those "delinquents" or "high school gang". Naruto kicked their ass the first time because the numbers were small, however this time there are many of them, Naruto goes to try and save the girls and gets his ass beat ='X.

Sasuke and Co. comes and takes care of it while Naruto is on the floor bleeding from his mouth but smiling like there was no tomorrow, that’s just.. soo Naruto! In any case, I think it was probably some contest that some fan won, and the prize was they would use his "work" in the new ending. My other guess is, it might be a Omake from Kishimoto him self, not just because of the amazing drawings that probably only Kishimoto and a few others can do, but because of how Naruto vs. Sasuke was portrayed, Sasuke comes out on top without a scratch and saves the day that is soo Kishimoto.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:22   Link #45
Zero Ska
the archivist.

Send a message via AIM to Zero Ska Send a message via MSN to Zero Ska
I was very disappointed with this episode. I was hoping that the series won't go DBZ, at least, not Shipuuden. It seems like there are goint to be too many "stand offs." Bah I say, Bah!
Old 2007-07-06, 22:25   Link #46
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The new ending might have been the best thing we have seen in Shippuden. I'd rather watch an anime or read a manga about the ending than Shippuden. It reminded me why I like Naruto.

It's funny how some people are trying to find shipping hints in the ending. Hinata giving Naruto what appeared to be a love note. The panel with Naruto and Sakura in the rain. Cute stuff.
Old 2007-07-06, 23:24   Link #47
itachi29al

Just saw the episode and i thought it was good. The ending is by far the coolest ending is naruo history. for a second i thought naruto would be a better show if they kept the characters and personalities and put them in a school enviroment. Plus everyone looked cooler beating the shit out of people then doing handseal magic.

Anyway i am getting off topic, good episode, and i have high hopes for next one. It just SUCKS that we have to wait another week, especially in the summer when time move slow. Oh well, if the next one will be the good episode it deserves to be, after all i believe the next battle is the second best battle in shippuden so far.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 00:07   Link #48
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiokaze View Post
I really hate to say it but....
the fillers were better than this.. there I said it.. you can hurt me now.. or just make me watch more Naruto.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 00:15   Link #49
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I had originally planned on waiting until atleast one more episode came out before I got to this, but I heard rumors about the ED so I gave it a go.

The episode itself was ok...The clone fights where alittle repetitive, but the episode was generally well animated for once atleast.

The ED however was the highlight of the episode as sad as that is...Please somebody make that happen either as an official manga spin-off or anime I dont really care...Its just looks like too much fun.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 01:44   Link #50
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
The ED has good art. But I still hate how they're animating the fight scenes. It still all looks so slow. I was looking forward to seeing how they do Sasori vs. Sakura/Chiyo but I think I'm just getting my hopes up.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 01:50   Link #51
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
The ED has good art. But I still hate how they're animating the fight scenes. It still all looks so slow. I was looking forward to seeing how they do Sasori vs. Sakura/Chiyo but I think I'm just getting my hopes up.
Wow.. Always thought I'm all alone in this

Have some popcorn for whats going to be an epic fight
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 01:51   Link #52
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
ending wasnt bad, but think its getting a little too overhyped here.

the ep was good, but could have been better. still being animated in south africa it seems.
Old 2007-07-07, 03:35   Link #53
Ulquiorra
Espada

More people are jazzed about the ED than the episode. You mean you don't want to see the epic Tenten vs. Tenten showdown?

There are like 50,000 Naruto fanfics set in high school so I can see why this ED is so popular.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 07:30   Link #54
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
Sometime a picture really is worth 1000 words.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 08:05   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I laughed at the ending credits. that was some good stuff.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 10:33   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
YEah the ending really was the highlight of the episode. Pretty interesting to watch so it was probably the most enjoyable part of things.

Well I guess clone fights will be their excuse for not letting the Gai team help. Cause any more than 2 on 1 wouldn't let the enemies show off. (Assuming they stop talking about art for a bloody minute).

Pretty much expected it to be setting up the next fights. At least the preview actually shows fighting hopefully for the whole episode and not just dialogs for the first half and then the fighting gets started.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:26   Link #57
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Probably one of the best jutsu's I've seen yet. Being able to create what looks like a perfect replica of your opponent is pretty impressive. Keeping in mind one is of the exclusive Hyuga clan with blood-line ability.

No doubt there will be some trick to defeating said jutsu but nevertheless, still sweet! Used in the right circumstances the advantages of such a skill could be… *want of a word*… handy?.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2007-07-07 at 15:39.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 16:15   Link #58
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Going to the bathroom must be ruff for poor Sasori ...Didn't really need to see that his weapon comes outta his a$$...Unfortunatley this epsode might have come outta the same place...Postering followed by more postering, folllowed by non fast-paced filler fighting, followed by lame cliffhanger, followed by ANOTHER 2 week break...Meh, better animation atleast this ep...

Still I give it 5/10 for sheer annoyance...70% of my enjoyment with the series are the OPs and ENDs...How sad...good new end though...
Old 2007-07-07, 16:24   Link #59
strategos

I really liked the ending.
It was a different side of Naruto ^^.
I wonder if Kishimoto might try to do this one day.
Might be fun...

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 01:56   Link #60
Azure King
Snr Spammer

The bigger question is "Will they screw up the team 7 fight like they screw up the GaaraxDeidara fight?"

i'm not expecting much for the next epi
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote