AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-03, 15:00   Link #881
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
No one thinks they'll run Editor in Chief/Wandering Shadow? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see those.
Not if they want to do 14 episodes, I don't think.

Considering Wandering Shadow's theme is "back to the beginning", and Editor-in-Chief relies on some elements of Vol. 7.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2008-04-03, 15:03   Link #882
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That was the LAST episode of that arc, though.

Kyon gets stuck in the Yukiverse in the FIRST part of that arc.
I know. It's just my fangirlish desire to experiance Haruhi like it was originally speaking.


Quote:
No one thinks they'll run Editor in Chief/Wandering Shadow? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see those.
Editor in chief is a long shot maybe, and Wandering Shadow really is a no. I don't think either of them are adaptable in 14.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-04-03, 15:21   Link #883
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
And if you're going to announce a June 1st date, you're not going to delay it if the book is written by then. -_-. Clearly, he doesn't have Surprise written by June 1st, and assuming thirdlc is right (source ftw, plz?), he doesn't have it written by October, either.
I didn't find his comments translated into English. And sorry, it's not October issue. It's still October though.
http://lightnovel.g.hatena.ne.jp/CAX/20070630/p1 August issue.
http://lightnovel.g.hatena.ne.jp/CAX/20071030/p1 December issue.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2008-04-03, 18:20   Link #884
lastchance
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Yeah, reread baka-tsuki. You guys are right about Editor and wandering, which means they have 6 short stories, 2 novels.. Should be pretty easy to guess which ones get fit in.
lastchance is offline  
Old 2008-04-04, 00:37   Link #885
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
I agree Kaisos the monologues are a great source of information and are often quite interesting. I personally think Koizumi is like the best character besides Kyon and Haruhi, it really saddens me how underdeveloped he is in the anime. He barely gets enough time in the novels itself!

Anyhow, I do hope Editor in Chief is included in the anime, because if my speculations are correct, Yuki's story in that may very well be extremely important as a foreshadowing event.

... But omg seriously, for an anime that is this popular, it is a little hard for me to put up with this lack of information, do people in Japan like do no badgering about it?
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-04-04, 09:58   Link #886
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
I have to ask, WHY IS EVERYONE SPOILING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE LIGHT-NOVELS IN AN ANIME-THREAD? Not like it affects me, as I already read the novels, (Except the second half of volume 2, Remote Island Syndrome and Wandering Shadow) but I seriously feel sorry for anyone who hasn't read the light-novels and enters this thread.
Vegard Aune is offline  
Old 2008-04-04, 10:18   Link #887
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I have to ask, WHY IS EVERYONE SPOILING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE LIGHT-NOVELS IN AN ANIME-THREAD? Not like it affects me, as I already read the novels, (Except the second half of volume 2, Remote Island Syndrome and Wandering Shadow) but I seriously feel sorry for anyone who hasn't read the light-novels and enters this thread.
This is a 2nd-season discussion thread. Since the 2nd season does not yet exist, the only points of discussion would inevitably be novel material. Unless you have a better idea?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2008-04-05, 05:26   Link #888
boggart
鍵っ子
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
LOL... being one who hasn't read the novels yet, I'm not getting much spoilerage by reading the titles of the novel volumes and stories. Though I have read a few things here which I rather not have.
boggart is offline  
Old 2008-04-05, 10:43   Link #889
greyhawk
Some dude
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the city named after our greatest hero.
I see little point in discussing which parts will be covered in the 2nd season, which won't air anytime soon (not in this year perhaps, KyoAni has their hands full with Clannad AS)
Yah, you can just ignore me though.
__________________
The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.
greyhawk is offline  
Old 2008-04-05, 14:53   Link #890
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
I see little point in discussing which parts will be covered in the 2nd season, which won't air anytime soon (not in this year perhaps, KyoAni has their hands full with Clannad AS)
Yah, you can just ignore me though.
Why would you say that? I see no reason to believe that one of those will air before the other, as they haven't revealed an air-date for either of them, though doing Haruhi first seems more logical, as the fans have been waiting since 2006. Note that I don't really care which comes first, as I'm gonna watch them both.
Vegard Aune is offline  
Old 2008-04-05, 20:24   Link #891
lastchance
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Why Haruhi S2 will air before Clannad AS:
Haruhi S2 was announced before Clannad AS. Haruhi S2 has been in production before Clannad AS.
These things are strongly correlated with release date, because the earlier you start something, the earlier you finish (in general).
lastchance is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 01:25   Link #892
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Britannia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
Why Haruhi S2 will air before Clannad AS:
Haruhi S2 was announced before Clannad AS. Haruhi S2 has been in production before Clannad AS.
These things are strongly correlated with release date, because the earlier you start something, the earlier you finish (in general).
Not necessarily.

Example:
The Gundam Seed movie was announced before Gundam 00, but heck, we don't even know a thing about the movie, and 00 has already completed it's first season.
Pride is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 03:11   Link #893
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Not necessarily.

Example:
The Gundam Seed movie was announced before Gundam 00, but heck, we don't even know a thing about the movie, and 00 has already completed it's first season.
That's not how KyoAni does stuff, though.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 03:51   Link #894
lastchance
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Haruhi S2 has been in production before Clannad AS.

This is the other important thing you need to notice. It seems that people have been actually working on Haruhi S2 (since January, it seems like). That's a significant head start, which should translate into an earlier release date.

Also, I wikied it. Apparently, the head writer of the Gundam seed movie fell ill. So yeah, those things happen (though Gundam 00 may have been released before that movie anyway).

I mean, it's possible that Clannad AS is released before Haruhi S2. But I would absolutely love to put $1000 on the line that Haruhi S2 is released first.
lastchance is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 04:08   Link #895
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Still waiting for more FMP!....

More Haruhi is fine (more Yuki is finer)
More Clannad is fine.
Even more Kagami is fine. (It has been a year and still new Lucky Star stuff seems to come out all the time.)
But I want some more Tessa. (or more Bonta-kun, but I doubt there is more Bonta-kun stories).
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 04:35   Link #896
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Border of Common Sense
Age: 24
Maybe, for the fun, they will air the episodes backwards. I mean they will start with the last episode...

Ok, that will be too crazy.
__________________
If Anonymous is the Final Boss of the Internet, then who's the Extra Boss?
Solais is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 04:40   Link #897
lastchance
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
As for FMP, I think I can safely say it's going to be a whilez.

As for Solais, watch Memento.
lastchance is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 05:21   Link #898
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(_o)/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Maybe, for the fun, they will air the episodes backwards. I mean they will start with the last episode...

Ok, that will be too crazy.
Actually Touka Gettan which aired last year did that. Not sure how well the effect was though as I've yet to watch it myself...
But i for one, wouldn't mind it if they'd decid to broadcast it out of order again
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 08:51   Link #899
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Britannia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
Haruhi S2 has been in production before Clannad AS.

This is the other important thing you need to notice. It seems that people have been actually working on Haruhi S2 (since January, it seems like). That's a significant head start, which should translate into an earlier release date.

Also, I wikied it. Apparently, the head writer of the Gundam seed movie fell ill. So yeah, those things happen (though Gundam 00 may have been released before that movie anyway).

I mean, it's possible that Clannad AS is released before Haruhi S2. But I would absolutely love to put $1000 on the line that Haruhi S2 is released first.
I'm not implying that Haruhi S2 will come out later than Clannad AS.
In fact, I want Haruhi S2 to be released before Clannad AS.
But the fact remains that we haven't really heard about it in a while. So there is a possibility of it being delayed until Clannad AS is done.
Pride is offline  
Old 2008-04-06, 12:15   Link #900
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Clannad AS and Haruhi S2 are what I'm waiting for.

...more LuckyStar? how would they make the storyline? De,mo.... LuckyStar is random show...

I want to see Haruhi PSP and PS2 game animated too....

I especially want to see this scene from Haruhi PSP game.
Spoiler:
Tunafishisgood is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, kyoto animation, school life, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.