AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-24, 01:50   Link #1841
Jintor

Hey! That mullet is awesome! D<
Old 2008-09-24, 04:15   Link #1842
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Your first line is a nice argument.

But your second shows that you do not understand Haruhi and how her powers work, or at least how her powers worked without her knowing.

Her powers doesn't 'control', she makes it happen and it happens 'naturally'. It will not make someone go against their will, it will create situations and events, or form outcomes where people would respond naturally, therefore not a form of direct manipulation. The outcome is similar to a controlled outcome, but the fact she doesn't do it makes it different from truly controlling.

A little complexed and the explanation lies on edges of black and white, like most other stuff that happens in the Haruhiverse.

Just felt like typing something lol, looking forward to full blown, over sophisticated, complexed and clever debates that will arise when Season 2 comes.

Hoping that the old group would gather again and have some clever discussions instead of the 'new batch' that's just complaining about trainwrecks, plot holes that weren't even there.
See, the deal there is that they needed to strike while the iron was hot. Going by the trend I see in anime lately, if they had immediately followed Haruhi up less than one year after it ended with a sequel then Haruhi would have still be in favour and the hippest thing on the block, thus probably carrying Haruhi Season 2 through on a wave of popular support. Now it's been a while and popular opinion and the backlash and trolling that always comes when franchises get to popular have now started to swing against the franchise. Kaisos' "No new content" complaint about Kyoani's handling of the franchise (or lack thereof) which is damn well true if you ask me isn't helping matters either. Without any momentum Haruhi's relevance and popularity has sort of been overtaken a bit by newer franchises. That ties into what Cats mentioned about some people only being in the discussion for the popularity, and if it's no longer as popular, many of them might not even show up. Of course you'll always have the mainstays and such, but not the taggers on.

I'd like to comfort you, but I do indeed think it's going to be a totally different atmosphere this time around. Sorry.
Old 2008-09-24, 05:24   Link #1843
Jintor

Well we'll see what happens when (IF) they finally release, eh.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:56   Link #1844
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Well we'll see what happens when (IF) they finally release, eh.
2012. On the last day of the Mayan calendar.
Old 2008-09-24, 14:00   Link #1845
Ithekro
Space Battleship

That would be better for a third or fourth season (depending on where the second season ends) Having the new season based on book 9 and 10...or depending on what happens in ten...book 11 where Haruhi recreates the world....again...to reset the calender

(Remember, the Mayan calender has cycles, therefore this is a turned over. The legends are for renewal, not the end of the world.))
Old 2008-09-24, 15:03   Link #1846
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Hey! That mullet is awesome! D<
No, it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That theory is stupid and is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That would be better for a third or fourth season (depending on where the second season ends) Having the new season based on book 9 and 10...or depending on what happens in ten...book 11 where Haruhi recreates the world....again...to reset the calender

(Remember, the Mayan calender has cycles, therefore this is a turned over. The legends are for renewal, not the end of the world.))
See, there we go.
Old 2008-09-24, 17:16   Link #1847
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

That theory is stupid and is wrong.
I see that we are unfamiliar with the concept of a joke. Do you want me to explain?
Old 2008-09-24, 17:32   Link #1848
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I see that we are unfamiliar with the concept of a joke. Do you want me to explain?
I'm not being serious either...

Look, it's hard to detect facetiousness on the Internet. Let's just leave it at that.
Old 2008-09-25, 09:15   Link #1849
Jintor

Mullet. IS. AWESOME.

I am getting an odd sense of Deja Vu.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:09   Link #1850
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Isn't the Lucky Star OVA airing today? Maybe we can get some info on Season 2 in the credits... stranger things have happened...
Old 2008-09-26, 09:14   Link #1851
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

When is that youtube series suppose to be out?
Old 2008-09-29, 14:50   Link #1852
oompa loompa

Quote:
i was so waiting for someone to use that one
Old 2008-10-01, 00:37   Link #1853
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjoker View Post
[offtopic]

Man, it's really a pain in the ass but, if that Girl liked you, what would happen?
would it be like Kyon and Haruhi's relationship?

Wait, people follows her? Haruhi could have been using her powers to control them.
[/offtopic]
Damn dude, I don't know. I'm a monogamist, and if I like a girl not even Haruhi can take her from me.

If a girl like Haruhi liked it, I'd probably say yes, date a bit, feel the pain, and get dumped.
Old 2008-10-06, 14:03   Link #1854
myopius

Someone named lllwtflll claims to have read the NewType article, the one that had those new character designs I guess, and says that it gives a release date of early 2009 for Haruhi S2, and says that the rest of the character designs will be revealed in December. I really don't want to spread rumors... but can anyone confirm or deny this?

EDIT: Kaisos Erranon, thank you very much for clearing that up. I'm editing this post so I say directly in it: This is a false rumor. (So that, hopefully, I didn't end up spreading it.)

Last edited by myopius; 2008-10-06 at 19:21.
Old 2008-10-06, 15:09   Link #1855
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Someone named lllwtflll claims to have read the NewType article, the one that had those new character designs I guess, and says that it gives a release date of early 2009 for Haruhi S2, and says that the rest of the character designs will be revealed in December. I really don't want to spread rumors... but can anyone confirm or deny this?

Ah, the original discussion where lllwtflll said that is at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/...hlight=#627269 , but no one really questions what's being said there, so I'm not sure what to think. x.x
No, he's a liar. The July issue said nothing about that. That rumor has been going on for a while.

Also, Vol. 10 is not the last book. Not been officially confirmed yet.
Old 2008-10-06, 16:41   Link #1856
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No, he's a liar. The July issue said nothing about that. That rumor has been going on for a while.

Also, Vol. 10 is not the last book. Not been officially confirmed yet.
We are assuming it as, The title "Astonishment" kinda give the feeling Haruhi finds out about her powers...
Old 2008-10-06, 16:48   Link #1857
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Some of us are assuming "sliders" to enter the equation. As for Haruhi gaining knowledge of her powers...perhaps she does...in one of the two worlds.

One world is destroyed...the survivors (if any) become sliders? Move on the Book 11.
Old 2008-10-06, 16:52   Link #1858
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
We are assuming it as, The title "Astonishment" kinda give the feeling Haruhi finds out about her powers...
Well you know what assume does. And who's "we"?

Old 2008-10-07, 11:12   Link #1859
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
"We"? Sounds like you're assuming something else too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Some of us are assuming "sliders" to enter the equation. As for Haruhi gaining knowledge of her powers...perhaps she does...in one of the two worlds.

One world is destroyed...the survivors (if any) become sliders? Move on the Book 11.
This, exactly.

Also, who says the titles actually have to mean anything? The only ones that do are 1 and 4...
Old 2008-10-07, 11:17   Link #1860
Falcon1991
K-ON and Haruhi fan

I'm not sure if you have all seen these, but these videos seem to be legitimate teaser videos of the second series of the show, but for some reason it is in live action.

If I am wrong, then sorry but I am confused as to whether it is true or not, because if it is then why is nothing being talked about here?

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Second Season Preview Part 1 of 3
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Second Season Preview Part 2 of 3
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Second Season Preview Part 3 of 3
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, kyoto animation, school life, science fiction, shounen