AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-08, 03:22   Link #1
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

too much anime. too little time. my dilemma!!

i'm not sure if any other people out there are having the same problem as I am. but lately, actually it's been a while since i had to sarcrifice one anime over another due to lack of time. and it hurts. anyhow, aside from the time spent on watching, i usually do some form of research before i dl or buy the animation. which all takes time, i've been trying to minimize my sleeping time [2hrs per day], [which made me really sick during the day. ] anyhow, i'm just trying to get a solution for my problem, if anyone would kindly share their thoughts with me.

p.s. if i had to make a choice between green green and poptan....which one to drop? god...i wish the answer could be school.
lighter junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 03:29   Link #2
Akiace

It's not a big problem. Sometimes there would be releases of many good series but that does not mean you should sacrifice one over the other. What I did when I'm too busy with schoolwork is, I'll still download all the anime I want but then store them up in my HD or CDs and watch some other time. It's really that easy.
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 20:26   Link #3
AnimeFan

lighter junkie, I know what you mean. I took the time to make a list of all the anime I had plan to dl. Once I past a hundred titles I just stopped and decided to start with what I already started dl. What I do is, while I am dl, I try to watch the episodes I completed.

I just feel that I will never be able to finish any list I create. Because there will always be new and more interesting anime being released. So I try to go with the more interesting story plots.
AnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 20:05   Link #4
michael_cho_my

I have the same prob.
I started downloading animes earlier this year. I have downloaded many titles but I've watched so few of them.
But now I am on Holiday - 3 months - so I'm planning to watch them.

I think the trick is to download those you do not have time to watch, keep them in discs and watch them later. Simple as that. Besides, you do not have to wait for a week for every new eps. =)
michael_cho_my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 14:01   Link #5
darkknightx
Inactive Member

Angry

dude iv spent the last 2 nights trying to down load bit torrent and download something. its annoying, nothings working. any way it woild be cool if u could tell me what to do.
darkknightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 07:53   Link #6
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
Solution!

there is a solution, if u ve some money, soon xmas so maybe... archos who produces lotta portable stuff (i ve 20gb mp3 player) have also a product called av3x0. different versions are 380 340 and 320. its a mp3 player which has a TFT SCREEN AT THE BACK SIDE! it is small (20/40/80 gb divx compatible), like a bit smaller then a usual hdd. i dont ve that money to buy it, but at ebay.com u might get it for 500 $ usually 800-1000$. so u might somehow skip school by watchin animes during class or during the breaks. for me i can listen to some music during class and if u dont have that much problems with school it should work.
i got the same prob as everyone here, but i have not that money, spended it on mangas and some anime dvds lately (.
elian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 08:38   Link #7
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_cho_my
I think the trick is to download those you do not have time to watch, keep them in discs and watch them later. Simple as that. Besides, you do not have to wait for a week for every new eps. =)
I have the same problem too. Haha, I bet that many people in animesuki have the same problem too... But hey, too many anime to watch is better than none, right?

Anyway, I do the same thing as you too. *looks at her pile of burned anime cds to watch *
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 11:39   Link #8
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
I'm the same way, having to decide between watching anime, doing school work or sleeping. I'm working on Hikaru no Go and Naruto right now and since Naruto is still being written and played in Japan, it gives me some breather time between episodes to work on HnG and get some school work done. I'm falling behind in HnG for the most part but I try to keep to one series at a time to minimize the decisions I have to make.

I figure that would probably be the best option, pick one series if you're watching shows that have ended, finish that one and go on to the next one.

I have cut back on my sleep more than I should.. 5 or 6 hours a night which isn't too bad. I'm one of those lazy people that require a good amount of sleep to function properly. I can't begin to fathom how you manage to survive on a couple of hours of sleep a night.
Old 2003-12-01, 12:14   Link #9
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Gahhh!! I know how you feel! Its 7am in the morning and I haven't slept yet lol... There's so much anime to keep up with and when new ones come out... my list gets bigger... its alot of work... checking the list daily and making sure you've got the current episodes... then because I only have a 40 gb hard drive... I burn them onto cds to watch again at a later time and free up space on my computer so that I can dl some more... its like a full time job!
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 19:50   Link #10
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

download them, burn them on cds and watch them when you have a long break. But make sure you varify that the files are written correctly each time.

I have entire 26/50 episode series that i havent watched yet just sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

Oh, and green green or popotan? get em both! you perv
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 16:05   Link #11
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
^-^; seems like we all have the same problem..

Here's my advice : If you have a CD burner, download everything you want to watch and burn it on CD.

If you don't, just stick to a few series at a time. If there's a series that's completely finished that you can download, download it all and watch it. If the series you want to see are still being released, just stick to 3 or 4 series and watch them when you can. That's what I do.
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 18:51   Link #12
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Heh, well, my problem is...
I can't find that many series I think I'll like.
Once I do find something, I find like 3 at a time.

Then, I get all these eps on my com I have no time to watch XD

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote