AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-07-09, 09:23   Link #21
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

If you are rebuilding your current PC it is worth grabbing all the drivers and putting them on easy to access media (ie the sata drivers onto a floppy disk), before you start.
Old 2007-07-09, 11:11   Link #22
Tiberium Wolf

Why are you ppl still insisting in floppy disk? Floppy disk is one of the most lousy hardware ever. Nowadays we can boot from usb and from CD/DVD drives so why in hell use floppy unless the pc is uber old ?
Old 2007-07-09, 11:21   Link #23
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Why are you ppl still insisting in floppy disk? Floppy disk is one of the most lousy hardware ever. Nowadays we can boot from usb and from CD/DVD drives so why in hell use floppy unless the pc is uber old ?
Because a floppy disk you'll only use to have the Windows XP install detect your SATA hardware (read: once a year at best) is far cheaper and faster than buying an USB device, in case you don't have one. And if you happen to have one, checking if your BIOS is able to boot from it (and flashing it if it's not!) requires far more tech-savvyism from the user Besides, the Makedisk application that comes with the SATA tools you can download, which sets the disk's directory just as the Windows installation program wants, needs a floppy disk.

Tech-savvy people most of times need to get down from their high seat of knowledge--not all users have the same economic capabilities than them, and certainly most of them don't know hack about computers, and would like to use something they're more familiar with or that it's dead simple. As far as it goes, for loading SATA drivers, floppy disks are the simplest choice.

I agree, floppies are defunct, but if I can still find a small use for them, I'll do it anyways.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 14:43   Link #24
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Besides, the Makedisk application that comes with the SATA tools you can download, which sets the disk's directory just as the Windows installation program wants, needs a floppy disk.
Then that's the ppl that made the "Makedisk application" fault. Using a floppy instead of a CD/DVD.

In the past I used a lot of floppy disks and that's why I hate them. It wouldn't take much time to turn them unreadable. That piece of junk costed me a lot of money plus wasted time.