AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 37 36.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 30.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-11, 22:05   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As much as I enjoy Gotou as a person (she's just really cool, together, and professional), the last few interviews lead me to think she's starting to think about starting a family and pulling back from full-time work. I don't know how much longer we'll have Gotou to get excited about. I read that Asakawa Yu got married, which might explain the fadeout of musical recordings and fewer voice castings. So it goes as time passes...

Gotou's not listed in any casting credits I've seen... though a cameo role wouldn't necessarily get a listing.

If Minari becomes the 'obvious choice' for certain roles, then she's achieved a level of success. If she herself desires more emotive roles, then she might be in a bit of trouble regarding her personal satisfaction.
Old 2007-07-11, 22:55   Link #82
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I think Goto-chan is over 30 or something right? In Japan.... aiyaiyai.... marriage must be on her mind a lot.

EP 14.... I don't want to give out my review yet... but man I can't wait. Not a "I'm going to talk about Japanese trivia until you puke" episode, but actual story progression... The story of a poor young girl entering the private harem of a couple of loli otakus... Okay I'll hold it in couple more days.
Old 2007-07-11, 23:37   Link #83
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
wasnt there going to be a new version of Mottoke Sailor Fuku? Or was that thing they talked about during the Lucky Channel in episode 12 about Shirashi singing the endings from now on?
Old 2007-07-12, 22:32   Link #84
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I think Goto-chan is over 30 or something right? In Japan.... aiyaiyai.... marriage must be on her mind a lot....
There is nowhere on the Web that I can find a really reliable statement of how old she is. Maybe 27, maybe as old as 35. Since Minorin is 26 and Gotuuza-sama seems to feel much older than her, she's probably at least around 30 somewhere.

Gotuuza-sama plays moe-to-the-nth-degree characters, but in real life she appears to be strong and wild, as her Hokuto-no-Ken-based nickname might suggest. She usually states her interests as motorcycles and drinking. In the AX forum, when the three were asked what kind of character they would like to play, she said she usually plays cute, slow-witted characters, but she would like a chance to play a character that is more like herself: masculine, strong, and active. This seems to show that she still has plans for future seiyuu work, but it also may show why marriage may not be so easy for her. Lovely as she is -- and at least one person at AX thought she was the loveliest of the three -- she is not the Japanese feminine ideal, it appears.

For anyone who's interested, here is a Japanese transcription of the entire AX forum session.
Quote:
[ep14 is] The story of a poor young girl entering the private harem of a couple of loli otakus...
Lol. That's about right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels
...after hearing Yutaka's voice I realize just how cute Tsukasa's voice is. Not to downrate Yutaka's seiyuu, I guess Tsukasa just got that perfect vibe for this type of character....
Oh, yes. I think Fukuhara Kaori is a great discovery in the "moe voice" category. But Hasegawa Shizuka did a great job in the same category in this ep, too. More of both, please.

As for the EDs, I love the two we've seen from Minoru-san, but I think about one more is all I'll want before we go on to something different -- or at least someone different.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2007-07-13, 17:00   Link #85
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think we'll see more Minoru Shiraishi endings...

btw anyone noticed Kagami's mom? She has the same aura radiating off her as Kanata. Lucky Hiigari-jiji
Old 2007-07-13, 17:28   Link #86
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

gosh konata looks like that seiyuu hirano aya
Old 2007-07-13, 22:06   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
gosh konata looks like that seiyuu hirano aya
It begins anew.
Old 2007-07-13, 22:17   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Miraculous, isn't it?

It'd probably be healthier for all of us if one of the sub groups could get this episode out before we just stew in our own juices. However, I'm getting an eyeful on how easy it is for things to lag just from my own experiences in subbing --- as long as some series somewhere is out (or I can attend to my anime backlog queue) life is good.
Old 2007-07-14, 14:13   Link #89
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Finally out subbed by a.f.k.

Old 2007-07-14, 15:27   Link #90
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Miraculous, isn't it?

It'd probably be healthier for all of us if one of the sub groups could get this episode out before we just stew in our own juices. However, I'm getting an eyeful on how easy it is for things to lag just from my own experiences in subbing --- as long as some series somewhere is out (or I can attend to my anime backlog queue) life is good.
Quite rare of you of all people to be feeling anxious about the delay of a sub episode. Don't subs release one episode every few months back in your day? This show must really be good to get our Vexx this unsettled.

It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-07-15 at 04:48.
Old 2007-07-14, 15:35   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I'll have to wait until at least Monday to watch it and after Episode 13 I can't say that's necessarily a bad thing for me.
Old 2007-07-14, 15:36   Link #92
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Quite rare of you of all people to be feeling anxious about the delay of a sub episode. Aren't subs released one episode every few months back in your day? This show must really be good to get our Vexx this unsettled.
once every few months?! I think my head would implode if i had to wait that long.. and wouldnt that be slower than the DVD release anyway?

god i hate my ISP. 1kb/s on the file with 80+ peers. Looks like im stuck waiting that little bit longer.
Old 2007-07-14, 16:54   Link #93
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh great...for some reason i just love this ep! must be one of those breath of fresh air type of thing with 2 new characters being introduced an all ^.^
yutaka is just moe all over! and with the words of great o' wise and knowledgeful kona hitting the nail smack bang on the head ~ i just duno what else i could have used to describe her

lots and lots of funny cracks...like kona's dad respecting the lolipedo on TV new central or even how kagami constantly stabs kona's height to no ends XD or even miyuki's mum getting intimate over the phone to...yep...one of those annoying telephone sales call!!!

but this joke takes the cake...ive gotta hand it to AFK for providing an atempt at translating her words and doing it in such a way that allowed me to laughed more that im supposed to :3

and in the end...akira sama loses it again...but the point about telling the viewers to send in post for her to be in the main show is just all a hoax to generate hype or perhaps a free data gathering scheme to see how dedicated the fans are towards the show...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-14, 16:54   Link #94
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

lol, the tai chi moves minoru did in the ending reminded of the karate kid movies wax on.. wax off...
Old 2007-07-14, 17:02   Link #95
Shiori-chan

just want to say one thing of this episode: Hare hare yukai ! xD
well Yutaka is cute
Old 2007-07-14, 18:17   Link #96
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

EP 14 Cultural References

Okay it's time again! wohoo! I promise this will be short... at least shorter than last one. I will break my impression in 2 parts, Cultural Ref and the show itself.

1. Cultural References:

The TV Show
The show the entire Hiiragi clan was watching was Japan's version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Remember that show? It's still on in Japan, every Thursday night on Fuji Terebi. The host of the show, Minomonta, is the most popular host in Japan. He was in world news recently as the person who has the most TV air time per week in the world (21 plus hours!). That's his face you see on TV. What you didn't see, however, is ONE ANIME IDOL KOGAMI AKIRA. She's the celeb in the chair, screaming her one and only line on L*S main story: "フアイナルアンサー!!!" (Final Answer!)! That term has become a popular buzz word in Japan as well.

Although at first the show, クイズ・ミリオネア as it's called in Japan, was a bust, it became a national past-time when they made some minor changes: 1. the show solicited questions from the public, and 2. The show would go to commercial break before revealing answers to hard questions, so to build up the drama. Tsukasa was trying to guess was the final answer correctly by looking at the time. The clock showed that there's only 10 minutes left, that means most likely Akira's final answer was wrong and the show ended.

Akira-sama was pissed beyond belief during Lucky Channel, because she was again, cut from the main show. She did say "Final Answer" really loud, but again, no face time... poor poor Akira-sama.

The Second Button
After graduation, it is customary for the girls to goto the guy they secretly admire and ask for the second button of their uniform jacket. Most guys will give it if its a girl they don't like and most likely won't see again, but there maybe wars for the second button of a popular but unattached boy. Yukata was saying that her school has a western blazer type jacket and not the traditional army uniform jacket, so there are no second button to get. That's most likely her excuse though.. she barely know any of her classmates. Don't worry, Yukata. As Kona said, you're "needed" by the lolicons.

DOMAI!!!
This is not the English word "Don't Mind". This is more a Japan-ized English like "GET" or "ABOUT". It doesn't mean "I'm not offended" as in English, but rather "RELAX! No biggie! Who cares!". Kona's trying to tell Yukata, "hey relax, this happen all the time, don't worry about it!". Right. At least Kona-dad is only reading newspaper in there.. for now..

THE STRANGE DEVICE
At 18:23, Yui-nee-san was seen straddled on a weird looking contraption, rocking back and forth. Innocent Westerners may mistake this as a strange sex device and start harboring loli fantasies, but STOPPU!!

It's only an exercise machine called the Joba (horse ride). It it meant to duplicate the movement of horseback riding, because Japanese and other Asian women believed that you can lose your tummy and your big behind (not popular in Asia) by pretending you're riding a horse. he real question is, why the hell do the Izumis have one and who was it for? Kona has no big butt to speak of so it's not for her.. only people buying these things are women. Why is it there? Okay, now you can continue with your filthy thoughts about Kona-dad and his lilocon lifestyle.

Here's a bonus pict of a real Joba:

This looks to be the exact one shown in EP 14.

Cover Up That Stench!!!
When Tsukasa said "臭いものにはフタをとか" (like "cover things that stinks") at 8:43, she was making a reference to a very popular song in the 1990's by pop singer 森高千里 (Moritaka Chisato) called "臭いものにはフタをしろ!!" (Cover the things that stinks!). Enjoy the actual song:

I have no idea why. Just some KyoAni craziness I guess.

Sporty Nerves
When Kona asked Tsukasa a question at 15:54, she's making fun at Japanese terminology. When someone is good at sports, the term used to describe the person is that person has 運動神経 or "Sports Nerve-endings". It was thought that a part of your nervous system makes you good at sports. So Kona asks, where is this particular sporting nerve? I thought it was kinda funny.

Two Disneys
The "LAND" Kona-dad refered at 18:46 is the original Tokyo Disney Land. The "SEA" one refer to the newer Tokyo Disney SeaPark. During colder weather people tend to visit LAND, while Summer everyone goes to SEA.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-14 at 19:18.
Old 2007-07-14, 19:06   Link #97
lftwgr

I don't know if anyone's mention this, but Kagami in a trench coat wearing men's shirts and a tie = Triela from Gunslinger Girl!
Old 2007-07-14, 19:30   Link #98
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

EP 14: Thought about Show

2. Randon Thoughts:

Is this show becoming the poster-child for Yuri Harem Anime? A true chibi-Lilo (Kona's no loli!) and quiest-type tsundere? They are really trying to kill the circiles at Comiket. Does KyoAni know that most circle can only do 1 or 2 doujin every 6 months?

Yukata sure was cute, but she's just entered a loli-con hell. Not only she gets the blessing of Kona-Dad, even now Kona gets the joy of finding a younger an shorter Moe Yosou. But somehow I feel Yukata will enjoy the attention.

Miyuki-mom is the REAL Moe-Youso compare to her daughter. She could be the star of many, many ero-manga about house wifes... etou.. not that I've read any... yeah...

Tsukasa kept spewing ultra-cute quotables and we eating it up. "Tsukai mono niwa futa o toka?" I smeell another meme coming.

Kona-Otou the professional lolicon is good at what he does. He's teaching his future lolicon-tobe daughter the pitfalls of lolicon hood. When the police turn up the heat dive for cover until it boils over!

Did you see that Kona's always crying to Tsukasa and acted so relax around her? Even when she's missing Kagami? Don't you get the feeling that Kona's treating Tsukasa like the "wife" and kagami as the "mistress"? Perhaps Yukata as the "side dish" and Miyuki as the "sqeeze toy?" Yuri Harem FTW!

When Kagami teases Kona about her lack of female friends, she countered that they have a lot to ask her. Of course, who knows more about sex and the wants and needs of guys than Kona?

I Love the way Kona goes after her man. GET!!!! Hey, isn't that the same guy Kogami gave her choco to? Shiraishi?! Is that you AGAIN?

Yukata's middle school Uniform looks awfully like the REAL Katsukabe KyoEi High School uniform I posted earlier. Maybe Yoshimizu-san's trying to say something about the ultra-conservative uni of his alma-mater?

You have a feeling that Kona's HS uniform will forever be used in the future by Kona as Copsplay.

For a cop, Yui-nee-chan sure knows very little about the law but everything about breaking it. My kind of woman! I wanna see Kona drunk~~~ No one obey the drinking age rule in Japan anyhoo~~~

Yeah Kona-chan makes bento. It's called "Choco Cronet". Speaking of which I have to buy some this week.

Akira-sama's bi-polar is really acting up. Don't think she even cares about hosting her little show anymore. Shiraishi, that's the wind of her bad breath. Akira seemed to be indicating that Shirashi was in EP 14. WAS HE? WAS HE THE STUNT BODY KONA HUGGED???

One of the message I'm getting from L*S, is that although there are a lot of perverts on the news, and that there are men like Kona-dad who's into little girls, they're not unnecessarily the same thing. That Loli-cons can even be great fathers who does NOT rape their own daughter or the moe-youso of a chibi niece. They mostly just leave the toilet door open and turn their daughter into male otaku like themselves. Hmmm... what's the message again?

At the ED, Shiraishi is again fighting the "Uncrossable Barrier" (Koerarenai Kabe) while singing Hare Hare Yukai. What is that barrier he keep failing to cross over? Main chara? More than 3 lines in main story? Hope some real otaku would know this... what does this running joke mean?
Old 2007-07-14, 19:32   Link #99
Ashlotte
Clockwork

"I win at life"

Omg did this episode crack me up so much. Maybe it was the introduction of new characters and the freshness that comes along with it, but I was pretty much laughing hard the entire episode. Easily a 10.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-07-14, 20:41   Link #100
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
"I win at life"

Omg did this episode crack me up so much. Maybe it was the introduction of new characters and the freshness that comes along with it, but I was pretty much laughing hard the entire episode. Easily a 10.
I agree.
I think the most amusing part is that Yukata became involved in things like the short jokes [such as the Disneyland one] and Kagami's remarks ["Make sure you don't end up like them"].

It's like they're becoming the role-models!

And of course:

"I win at life."
Closed Thread