AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 42 23.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 32.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 29.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 11.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-10, 13:39   Link #21
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Can someone post a spoiler picture of the new girl that is being mentioned
Eh, she's in the preview at the end of episode 14. If you've read the manga, I'm sure you'll recognize her when you see her.
Old 2007-07-10, 13:40   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She and Raki can fight for the limited real estate of Clare's stomach.
Old 2007-07-10, 14:07   Link #23
Riful
Of The West

So who is Jean's seiyuu? Must be another super popular one Edit: Wow, It's Kotono Mitsuishi (best known as Sailor Moon and Misato from EVA) - one of the most popular Seiyuu out there O.O

Last edited by Riful; 2007-07-10 at 15:02.
Old 2007-07-10, 14:24   Link #24
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomps View Post
Spoiler for ep15:
What? Just this far? I expected Clare starts to fight one of those Awaken Beings. Seems the pace turns slower.
Old 2007-07-10, 14:36   Link #25
t3ck
Anime Freak

The screenshots looks great! I can't wait! But too bad there ain't much fight in this episode.
Old 2007-07-10, 15:24   Link #26
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
So who is Jean's seiyuu? Must be another super popular one Edit: Wow, It's Kotono Mitsuishi (best known as Sailor Moon and Misato from EVA) - one of the most popular Seiyuu out there O.O
!!! *fanboys* And yet another Sailor Moon character :X
Old 2007-07-10, 16:35   Link #27
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

*lol*

Oh my goodness! They've been giving Riful (the girl, I hope passing out her name isn't considered a spoiler) done by Mizuki Nana a kind of voice which reminds me of a mascot in a mahou shoujo anime ^_^;

It is EXTREMELY difficult for someone knowing the story to comment on this episode, because so many things done here are actually highly misleading. However, trying to set these perceived misconceptions right would automatically spoil. So I guess I'll just bite my tongue and wait for ep16, where I'll have to say much more.

Last week I was giving a 7.5, rounding down to 7. This time I'll round up. 8 from me. And oh boy, will the next episode be expensive for the animation budget...
Old 2007-07-10, 17:35   Link #28
wrex_japan

Ep. 15 screenshots and summary.

Riful makes her entrance... she sure is a cutey!
Old 2007-07-10, 17:53   Link #29
Riful
Of The West

some more screenshots over here
Old 2007-07-10, 18:01   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan View Post

Riful makes her entrance... she sure is a cutey!

You are link to Ep14.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-10 at 18:22. Reason: spoiler deleted
Old 2007-07-10, 18:24   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I recognize that I cannot keep people from giving names to characters in the previews. I've long since surrendered fighting that battle. I will however, draw the line at implications of some's purpose. Even though the girl has appeared in this episode nothing should be implied about her future role. If anything is said about a character other than a simple name, I will bring down the ban stick. Xellos-_^'s comment was extremely minor, yet he's gotten a short ban for his innocent trespass.

I hope nobody else will say anything at all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-10 at 18:36.
Old 2007-07-10, 18:33   Link #32
Lendial

oh god this looks bloody as hell, not just fight bloody but kinky torture and impale bloody, sadly i wont be able to watch it for a few more days.
Old 2007-07-10, 18:50   Link #33
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And oh boy, will the next episode be expensive for the animation budget...
Well, last saturday i had the great pleasure and luck for be in a conversation made by MadHouse in an anime event.

I will certainly talk about this with extra details later, in the Claymore TV series Thread and also in the Death Note Thread, since one of the talkers was actually one of the directors and executive producers of Death Note TV series adapted by MadHouse, which i can't remember his name now.

Regarding that, there was a question made by the audience, it was how much costed the first episode of Claymore.

He said that he couldn't say that because he would betray the Japanese animation market, but as he wanted to be loyal to the fans, he said that every animation has a cost of at least $150.000 each single episode (not particulary MadHouse, in general).

As for Claymore, he said that we could use our imagination based on that information (obviously, a lot more).

As we see, for a great company, it doesn't look so expensive to make a single series at times, but if we think that MadHouse make something about 40 animations in a row and at the same time, and among them 6 are normally well known, we will see that MadHouse's budgets are not so cheap.

There is also Devil May Cry now, and the last two episodes had a really great quality, but i hope MadHouse will keep this quality, especially because this arc will be really special.

By the way, can't wait to see this episode, it's a pity that it will stop before the great fights of this arc.
Old 2007-07-10, 20:47   Link #34
hi no ken Jebus

I'm beginning to love the music for this series Madhouse loves the heavy metal and hard rock so if there is a second OP or ED maybe some maximum the Hormone will be included like death note and akagi. Anyway pretty good stuff in this one I like what they did with Clare's voice changes to match the facade as she looks for that little twerp. I was almost expecting Chiwa Saito or Yukari Tamura for the little girl but her VA works just as well. Next one will hopefully have more than speedlines as things will surely heat up.
Old 2007-07-10, 20:57   Link #35
yondy

is the OP still the same?
Old 2007-07-10, 21:03   Link #36
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondy View Post
is the OP still the same?
yes and so is the ed
Old 2007-07-10, 21:10   Link #37
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I recognize that I cannot keep people from giving names to characters in the previews. I've long since surrendered fighting that battle. I will however, draw the line at implications of some's purpose. Even though the girl has appeared in this episode nothing should be implied about her future role. If anything is said about a character other than a simple name, I will bring down the ban stick. Xellos-_^'s comment was extremely minor, yet he's gotten a short ban for his innocent trespass.

I hope nobody else will say anything at all.

Well not here. But I may be going into the spoiler thread to vent.
From the look of the screenshots the interesting lighting of Claymores animation style continues.
Anyways, We get to see some new charecters. A Dauf, bieng animated didn't help your looks one bit did it? If there's an ugliest charecter in Claymore contest he could win it in his human form.
Old 2007-07-10, 22:04   Link #38
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I just finish watch this episode it was good. There is one scene that got me little confuse.
Spoiler for Clare:
Old 2007-07-10, 22:23   Link #39
Kouvley

Short summary and some thoughts after watching the raw.

We are given a glimpse of what looks like the leaders of the Org as they question Rubel over Clare's disappearance, they send Galatea to look for her.
The main speaker in this scene is clad in armour - a male claymore perhaps? Probably not as simple as that but I fully expect the org to hold some kind of trump card to keep everything in check.

Clare diguises herself as a male while she asks for infomation on Raki's whereabouts but soon realises her voice is not deep enough when some villagers argue over her gender.
Kuwashima Houko shows off her incredible range here as she deepens her voice further.

Coincidently a group of claymores are also in the village hunting an awakened being. The leader is the current #9 Jean - voiced by another veteran hall of famer Kotono Mitsushi.

They are no match for the male AB however. One just manages to escape and alerts Clare before dying while the others get tortured with the goal of forcing them to awaken. Giving orders to the AB is a mysterious girl called Riful.

Episode ends with Clare heading towards the AB's location.

Obvious questions arising from this ep:
- who or what is Riful?
- what's she trying to achieve by forcing claymores to awaken?
- Why is a male AB taking orders from her?

Wow, things are getting more interesting by the episode! Which unfortunately makes the wait for the next one even more unbearable.
Old 2007-07-10, 22:52   Link #40
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Non spoiler joke answers for your questions.
- obviously very cute.
- Maybe she's trying to compleate her pokedex, and needs the evolved forms of all the Claymores.
- He doesn't want to go back into his pokeball.