AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 42 23.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 32.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 29.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 11.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.10%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.10%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-11, 10:57   Link #61
ArmisaelXVIII

I this episode was very intriguing... another 8 to me.

At last we see some AB that have joined forces, probably to fight their common foe. The male awakened seems pretty strong, but probably the little girl is even stronger. She seems to look for subordinates, his personal army or experimenting like some stated before. May be she is by herself, or also following orders...

I already want to see the next ep... u.u

Old 2007-07-11, 11:01   Link #62
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

So Clare can change her voice in to a male one....Which brings us again to what Teresa showed to the bandits

One: Claymore can slightly change their bodies.

Two: The male voice...is it a hint of somesorts?

Anyways, since the subbs are out.

Youmas have a leader...Looks like they arenīt stupid. And that male awakened looks like a powered version of a Youma. HUGE!! And strong!!

They seem to want more Awakened, strong. And to makes things even weirder. Youmas warned Clare to avoid the mountains before she attacked them.
Old 2007-07-11, 11:14   Link #63
GriS

when riful first appeared, i thought it was flashback to clare's young days! large resemblance in physical appearance... i m also curious of her role in this show, controlling a possible youma to that extent is unbelievable. Is she 'boss' of the youma and is attempting to convert high ranked claymore into their 'slave'?

Nearing the end, she told the monster that he can do what he likes to Jeane. which means she sense the potential in clare and shift the attention to her instead albeit knowing her rank?

all will be answered in next episode, i guess.

cliffhanger again, way to go claymore!
Old 2007-07-11, 11:24   Link #64
cf18
Mecha Pilot

The authur is very clever to have 47 active Claymores - lots of expendables without raising problem.

So Clare is not the first one that took the flesh of strong Claymore. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I don't recall anyone making a rule that Claymores need to be at least a certain age.
Yeah. For all we know she could be awaken and escape the .org during the Claymore training phase. And since all yoma can change shape into someone they ate, an awakened being can probably do the same if she wants to.

As for Riful's objective, there is not enough information from this episode for me to speculate too much. We do not see how she control that male awakened (or just a super yoma), or how 4 Claymores manage to get captured. May be she is just a strong psychic. May be she can inject a part of her body into a new awakened to control it, assuming she has all those spikes and regen ability any awakened one has.

She want to make one or more strong awakened being, and will discard the weak ones. What would she want to do with them?

1) Attack and destroy the organization HQ and/or training facility? Just how do the organization defend itself anyway? The training facility is at a fixed location and anyone with strong yuki sense can find it. They probably keep a rotating garrison of trusted Claymores there for protection.

2) To kill a certain very strong awakened being?

3) May be this is how some awaken being 'reproduce'? Or she just want a strong one as a reproducion partner...
Old 2007-07-11, 11:27   Link #65
Trax
Rock beats scissors

4) She wants more friends to play with. But not too weak. ;p
Old 2007-07-11, 11:28   Link #66
anselfir
Style Über Alles

well i think one of hte first laws of anime physics states that mass is not conserved while a killer loli is present
Old 2007-07-11, 11:29   Link #67
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

This episode was done really well. Can't wait for the next one!
Old 2007-07-11, 11:45   Link #68
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Quote:
well i think one of the first laws of anime physics states that mass is not conserved while a killer loli is present
*cough* closet paedophiles *cough*

I'll take a grown woman over a little girl any day of the week. All hail Number 3! (Arrgh, she only had 5 secs of air-time this episode). I'd expect more fun to come soon.
Old 2007-07-11, 11:49   Link #69
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..an 8 from me...i felt they slowed down the pace of the story...but none the less..the episode was made very well. Even with a more of a conversation king of episode with not much revelation of any plot..the episode entertains u, and shows that Yoma are just cattle fodder, and there are way more stronger opponents

Next week seems like its goin to be another 10 ^_^...
Old 2007-07-11, 11:58   Link #70
yondy

Yay for the first appearance of Riful and Jeane.

Clare looks good with her hair tied. Good to see Galatea again. I'm kind of disappointed with the animation, I guess they're saving the budget for the more action packed episodes later on.
Old 2007-07-11, 12:38   Link #71
Seska

To be a little mean here, this episode here is some kind of silence before the storm...

Curiosity +++
Old 2007-07-11, 12:41   Link #72
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Hmm..an 8 from me...i felt they slowed down the pace of the story...but none the less..the episode was made very well. Even with a more of a conversation king of episode with not much revelation of any plot..the episode entertains u, and shows that Yoma are just cattle fodder, and there are way more stronger opponents

Next week seems like its goin to be another 10 ^_^...

What if youmas are awakened offspring? those youmas had a leader. i donīt know itīs still too soon.
Old 2007-07-11, 12:41   Link #73
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

While I have yet to read the Claymore manga, i'd like to make some conjectures:

Male claymores were introduced in the beginning of the Claymore program, so it's safe to say that Dauf was an old claymore. Therefore, for him to be taking direct orders from Riful leads me to believe that she's older than him. If that is so, then she must have once been a claymore (and probably of very high rank).

That's the end of my tinfoilhatism.

The certainty of your existence is proven by the fact that you doubt you exist,
for you cannot doubt that you are doubting; Cogito, ergo sum.
Old 2007-07-11, 12:44   Link #74
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

I'll take a grown woman over a little girl any day of the week. All hail Number 3! (Arrgh, she only had 5 secs of air-time this episode). I'd expect more fun to come soon.
talking about how killer lolis usually grow appendages of n times their normal loli size once it is time for them to do the fancy moves and stuff
Old 2007-07-11, 13:11   Link #75
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
4) She wants more friends to play with. But not too weak. ;p
5) She is trying to make strong AB with special ability, and then she will eat them or absorb the body parts to gain new ability for herself. Kind of like Aptom from Guyver. I mean if Clare can do it with am arm, why can't a smart AB?
Old 2007-07-11, 13:15   Link #76
Crueked
Nub at Crafting

Send a message via AIM to Crueked
Good episode, but probably the worst out of all 15 imo. I thought the manga made it look a lot better then the anime. Maybe it was the lack of action and the excessive dialogue of Clare looking for Raki.

Next episode looks promising though.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:20   Link #77
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
well i think one of the first laws of anime physics states that mass is not conserved while a killer loli is present
LOL..

This thread cracks me up every week... and here I thought I was going to express about how disturbed I was by the casual torture and the abundance of brutality that took place in the episode. I quit on my late afternoon lunch in the middle of the episode. Yeah.. as the Japanese animated entertainment has established in so many series, the laws of physics are broken in the presence of killer lolis. Bravo, Anselfir, for this shrewd and insightful observation.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:24   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely an interesting episode that just has me eager to see next week. Riful is one curious person being able to control youma who really don't take orders much as well as an AB. To go to that extent in torturing claymore's to try and make them awaken...something is quite odd here.

Seems also like that Dauf will be a pain. Even if Kathia wasn't a very high rank he wasn't even stunned by the piercing attacks she used. Maybe thick skinned? Hopefully Clare can handle that and get inside since I don't think Jean can wait much longer.

Always beware the killer loli. When Riful gets going it should be interesting to watch.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:25   Link #79
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueked View Post
Good episode, but probably the worst out of all 15 imo. I thought the manga made it look a lot better then the anime. Maybe it was the lack of action and the excessive dialogue of Clare looking for Raki.

Next episode looks promising though.
The dialogue is needed to established why Claire is in the mountains and disguise herself. Afterall, the story ultimate resolution will be relationship disclosure between Claire and Raki. What is going to happen for them?
Old 2007-07-11, 13:54   Link #80
Sci-Fi

Wish the showed how Jean's group got owned and how that one Claymore escaped. With all those yomas running around the mountain, can't see how she avoided them and made it back to town.
Closed Thread