AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 19:43   Link #21
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
It was broadcast?

-Tofu
yeah, it was an OVA but was broadcast on TV around christmas. there are many OVA that are made for TV.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:45   Link #22
tresor

Muddle! Thank You for the heads Up

Tofu, Thank You, I am downloading this now. Wow, This is great where there is even controversy over which part to watch first.

P.S. If you are looking for a good winter drama type this into google: "Miki Ando NHK fragile" video is available at STAGE6. Take the same Free Skate from NHK to Japan nationals weeks later and set a record with it
If you are a Eureka Seven fan ("It's all in the mind") you will love this.

Last edited by tresor; 2008-01-14 at 20:38. Reason: Miki Ando is a must see
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:58   Link #23
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

@Golthin, it actually works much better if you watch the guy part first. It's like watching a movie where things don't get explained right away. You learn some of the crucial info later. At least that's what I thought about it.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:03   Link #24
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I have a feeling I shouldof watched the "Girl" half first but oh well...Like Slice said you can't really un-watch it sadly.

Was nice overall though...Kinda odd character designs, but not too horrible. One interesting thing I got from watching the Guy part first and the girl part after was the guy really annoyed me and even by the end of the "Guy" part I still didn't like him that much...But after seeing him through her PoV I didn't mind him as much oddly enough...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:07   Link #25
killbethy

any recommendations on which part to watch first? is there a definite answer? i personally prefer a set-up where you are just thrown into the action and not much is explained first ^_^ any help is much appreciated
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 21:08   Link #26
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
FYI, my logic for saying to watch the guy part first was because I felt the end of the girl part is more powerful (better ending), that's all. I didn't really think about much else in the middle of it.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:20   Link #27
Teletha

Thanks for subbing! I liked it. I can't decide which way to watch it honestly. Either was would work. The boy part to me had a more conclusive ending and a happier song, the girl part was a bit more depressing song.... but the ending is basically the same. I liked the girl part better overall though.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:32   Link #28
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I just followed the thread's advice and watched the boy's first, then the girl's. It kinda works, since the girl's perspective is bigger and she, err, saw a lot more of what's going on.

Loved it. Cute little OVA. Not to mention the characters are really cute.

I do have a slight problem with the girl's story theme music though. I guess I'm not much of a hip-hop fan, may be even a hater, but the guy who was singing/rapping doesn't sound particularly "sad" or "sentimental," more like "I wanna be cool (but I'm not)," which kind of ruins the mood.

The boy's music is perfect. Probably the best song that band has done IMO.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 22:41   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

Eh it was alright both characters annoyed me a bit they were a bit pathetic and weak. Not to say the OVA's were bad but thought it would be a bit better.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 03:16   Link #30
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
any recommendations on which part to watch first? is there a definite answer? i personally prefer a set-up where you are just thrown into the action and not much is explained first ^_^ any help is much appreciated
I still think watching the boy part first works better. For example (heavy spoilers!)
Spoiler for both episodes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Eh it was alright both characters annoyed me a bit they were a bit pathetic and weak.
They're human. that was the whole point of the exercise.
Old 2008-01-16, 09:13   Link #31
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I watched the guy part first and then the girl part immediately after, and I'm really glad I did in that order because...
Spoiler for :O:
All in all very cute (and weird, what with the added WTF mini-donkey just to keep us on our toes).
Old 2008-01-16, 22:40   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mini-donkey???

That was cute, and a lot of fun. Production I.G. is one of the most consistently interesting studios around in terms of visuals, and this OVA was no exception.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 23:26   Link #33
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Mini-donkey???

That was cute, and a lot of fun. Production I.G. is one of the most consistently interesting studios around in terms of visuals, and this OVA was no exception.
Yeah, I thought that was a made up thing, but they actually exist. They are not that small even when they are Foals though.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 00:07   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yeah, I thought that was a made up thing, but they actually exist. They are not that small even when they are Foals though.
Oh, for cripes sake - I thought that had to be a friggin' made-up thing when I was watching the anime. But it's true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwafRXVF29g
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 11:27   Link #35
usagijen

Just watched this last week, and I am so in love with it >_<
I already watched it for four times, and wouldn't mind watching it more ^-^

I posted my review of it here, though it's quite laced with my fangirling over this wonderful OAV ^-^ Do check out the little explanation I have regarding the "gift" of Chizuru, and the ending... :3
Old 2008-02-01, 23:07   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Both Eps:
Old 2008-02-02, 02:46   Link #37
JediNight
キズランダム

Any relation to Trouble Chocolate? =D
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 02:53   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally in the process of downloading.... as recommended by several fellow anime fans I trust I shall watch the "boy" version first
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 18:16   Link #39
Falkor

Just finished the two OVAs today; thanks Live-evil for the wonderful subs.

I cannot believe I was about to skip this show. I had the feeling I should watch the boy’s part first and I’m glad I just did.

Spoiler for some thoughts:
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 05:13   Link #40
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Was I the only one who was somewhat underwhelmed by this little OVA?

I was going into this expecting a real spectacle, and sure enough the production quality and the stylistic sensibilities did not disappoint, by far, yet the question has to be asked... what's up with the thread-bare plot?

Seriously, 50 minutes of screentime and all you've got is this little episode of misunderstandings and hilarity? Sure, it was plenty cute and I loved the emotional injection of twentysomethings' insecurities. God knows, I've been there, I could certainly relate to those two. And no, I didn't expect a whole series-worth of plot with protracted character development and destiny of the star-crossed lovers. What I did expect is a little story. You know, here are the characters and here's what they do and here's why and here's how they do it. That is a story and it can be as short as one wishes, but what I did get is not a story, it just a jumble of bits and pieces from here and there.

Perhaps it is subjective, but I can say that the lack of coherent plot did bother me and did distract me from an otherwise endearing performace by the animators and the voice actors.

And the donkey... that GODDAMN donkey, how I hate thee! Oh, i could raaaaage for hours about the miseries this blasted animal has visited upon me with Production I.G's misguided attempts at cuteness and induction of laughter! I think I might have been a lot more lenient toward Tokyo Marble Chocolate, if they'd have omitted this thrice-damned Slouching Beast of Bethlehem. But enough of this...

I watched the Girl part before the Boy part and addressing this issue must say that it makes little difference as to where you start. The series is crafted in such a manner that watching either episode will leave you confused, only to be fully filled in by the time when you finish the second. That's the whole gimmick. And I must say that both episodes could serve as a sattisfying ending. I think I liked the Boy's ending a little bit better, because of the wonderful flying dream sequence, but both will do nicely.

It's really hard to say whether I would recommend it to others. Personally, I wasn't as sattisfied as I hoped I would be, but it's still a nice little piece. Certainly, the style is wonderful and the production lives up to the highest praise. As to whether that's all you need to enjoy a romantic anime is, I guess, a personal choice I can't make for anyone other than myself.

People should try it just for the strong emotions and the color palette, though. Otherwise, there's always Honey and Clover to take the pain away. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote