AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-11, 14:03   Link #21
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungz21 View Post
actually sasuke didnt even rely on using it he was forced to use it to get to his enemy in the air plus when he did use it he usually changes back and is only in that state for lil while.

name a fight in shippuden where naruto didnt use demon chakra against the enemy
"Lil while" Are you joking? If he didnt need to rely on it he wouldn't need to have the Sharingan on. He changed back once and transformed again everytime he directly engaged Deidara. The only time he attacked without transforming or using Sharingan was in the beginning.

Using some Kyuubi chakra and transforming into his mindless rage are two different things.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:05   Link #22
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
What's Sasuke's problem?!! How can someone just do about anything they want with their eyes? That's really lame!
Thats the deal with all shonen anime, for example Naruto can heal and use 9 tails chakra power. Plus Sasuke didnt do anything that Itachi couldnt do!
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:06   Link #23
yungz21
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
both times deidara was in the air he had to use it to get to him it was the only way unles u kno a jutsu that makes the user fly
__________________
"You don't apologize hoping they accept it. You apologize knowing they might not accept it."
yungz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:09   Link #24
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
"Lil while" Are you joking? If he didnt need to rely on it he wouldn't need to have the Sharingan on. He changed back once and transformed again everytime he directly engaged Deidara. The only time he attacked without transforming or using Sharingan was in the beginning.

Using some Kyuubi chakra and transforming into his mindless rage are two different things.
Dood Naruto without his fox wouldnt have lived past episode 1 so whats your point . Everyone here relies on some sort of power!! eyes, fox, experience, voodoo, strategy. But still Sasuke used strategy and the Sharingan, he used his skills to figure out Deidara's weakness. Take C4 from deidara, and Sharingan from Sasuke and what will we have?
A lame WWE fight
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:14   Link #25
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Spoiler for Spoiler img 2:
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:17   Link #26
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
You're both missing the basis of such complaints.

I first said that statement as a sarcastic reply to the person complaining about Deidara's 4th mouth.

If you're gonna complain about a character do it after looking at someone else WORTH complaining about, LIKE Sasuke.

Naruto was treated like shit because of the Kyuubi. He doesn't like the fact that its power is used occasionally, BUT its also true that Kyuubi is sentient inside him and proceeds to take over when he's in trouble of dying. Can you say the same about Sharingan? Aside from the fact that it provides a great deal amount of advantages for Sasuke (not excluding CS as well), he also uses both in the end for his dishonorable motives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler img 2:
*laughs* It looks like a giant Klu Klux Klan member.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:27   Link #27
abazou
Uchiha Avenger
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
You're both missing the basis of such complaints.

I first said that statement as a sarcastic reply to the person complaining about Deidara's 4th mouth.

If you're gonna complain about a character do it after looking at someone else WORTH complaining about, LIKE Sasuke.

Naruto was treated like shit because of the Kyuubi. He doesn't like the fact that its power is used occasionally, BUT its also true that Kyuubi is sentient inside him and proceeds to take over when he's in trouble of dying. Can you say the same about Sharingan? Aside from the fact that it provides a great deal amount of advantages for Sasuke (not excluding CS as well), he also uses both in the end for his dishonorable motives.


*laughs* It looks like a giant Klu Klux Klan member.
So if Sasuke was treated like shit becasue of the Sharingan it'd be ok to use it? There's a big difference between a bloodline and demon sealed inside you. The kyuubi killed a lot of ninjas from konoha thats why he was treated like shit. Plus Sasuke's childhood wasnt full of roses either his WHOLE clan was murdered by his brother. Ateast there's always variety in how Sasuke fights, he doesnt just open his eyes and say a magic word and the fight is won, there's always tactics and strategy, and the fight with Deidara's is one of the best fights so far in the Naruto series.
__________________
abazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:32   Link #28
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post


*laughs* It looks like a giant Klu Klux Klan member.
Yeah, guess it's a giant explosion, but there are two "arms" extending from the side of the blast. Really wondering why that is.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:35   Link #29
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Aside from the fact that it provides a great deal amount of advantages for Sasuke (not excluding CS as well), he also uses both in the end for his dishonorable motives.
I won't call Sasuke's motives dishonorable; especially when it resolves around wanting to kill a brother who had completely wiped out his entire family and relatives from the face of the earth.

Anyway, I don't really see the big deal about these powers. In an universe where people can fly by no conceivable means (Gaara), discard their bodies and become a piece of animated flesh (Sasori), see 360 degrees in all directions for miles and miles, can get their head chopped off and continue talking like nothing happened (Hidan), can turn their shadow into an offensive weapon, or even simply gazing at someone and teleporting them to another dimension (Kakashi), I think what Sasuke is doing is pretty tame.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a mod because it exceeded the size limit as was requested in our forum rules. Please take a look at it.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:39   Link #30
Kowai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SURREY
Age: 25
sad to say it but deidara dies.
my theory is everyone has one final transformation into a monster before they die. Deidara's 4th mouth is his 'final form' and pretty monstrous, a giant mouth on your chest is pretty brutal, alot moreso than mouths on your hands and you know it
personally i think its stupid i like how zabuza didnt transform into some creature or deformed humanoid... he was a ninja which is what i thought the show was about (ninja's are sweet)
once they transform they are dead, aside from sasuke....
however the fact that he can transform into a monster means he can die and still prove my theory correct.

Last edited by Kowai; 2007-07-11 at 14:44. Reason: spellign made it unclear
Kowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:40   Link #31
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
So if Sasuke was treated like shit becasue of the Sharingan it'd be ok to use it? There's a big difference between a bloodline and demon sealed inside you. The kyuubi killed a lot of ninjas from konoha thats why he was treated like shit. Plus Sasuke's childhood wasnt full of roses either his WHOLE clan was murdered by his brother. Ateast there's always variety in how Sasuke fights, he doesnt just open his eyes and say a magic word and the fight is won, there's always tactics and strategy, and the fight with Deidara's is one of the best fights so far in the Naruto series.
I didn't say that made it ok to use it. Quite the opposite actually and Naruto knows this and tries not to rely on it. Variety being CS level 2 power on, Sharingan power on? His tactics and strategies rely on these two foundations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
I won't call Sasuke's motives dishonorable; especially when it resolves around wanting to kill a brother who had completely wiped out his entire family and relatives from the face of the earth.

Anyway, I don't really see the big deal about these powers. In an universe where people can fly by no conceivable means (Gaara), discard their bodies and become a piece of animated flesh (Sasori), see 360 degrees in all directions for miles and miles, can get their head chopped off and continue talking like nothing happened (Hidan), can turn their shadow into an offensive weapon, or even simply gazing at someone and teleporting them to another dimension (Kakashi), I think what Sasuke is doing is pretty tame.
He's getting revenge for who? In the end I am almost certain it'll be for himself and not for those that were killed, and it is dishonorable based on the consequences his actions have left upon his comrades and country.

Why are we dissatisfied with Sasuke? Especially now post-timeskip? Everything about him is overkill, with the huge exception not being Sharingan.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-11 at 15:01.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 14:56   Link #32
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
I didn't say that made it ok to use it. Quite the opposite actually and Naruto knows this and tries not to rely on it. Variety being CS level 2 power on, Sharingan power on? His tactics and strategies rely on these two foundations.
Why are we dissatisfied with Sasuke? Especially now post-timeskip? Everything about him is overkill, with the small exception not being Sharingan.
Been reading whatcha sayin, but it's a bit of semantics. Sasuke's base philosophy is that he will use any means neccessary. This means yes to oro, curse seal, and sharingan. Personally I'm ALMOST surpriesed he doesn't have MS already except for the fact that he would have to kill the main character of the manga to get it.
That said, this last fight was not DEPENDENT on sharingan. If it had been the third hokage fighting, or shikamaru, I doubt the fact that lightning chakra diffusing bombs would have gone overlooked. Also from diedara's standpoint he was protecting himself against what he thought was sharingan. He hid his handseals, and refrained from using his eyes so that he would be resistant to the genjutsu. Like I said before, just cuz you can see whats happening doesn't mean you know what's happeneing. If sasuke hadn't pourposely been looking for openings, he would've gotten creamed.
__________________
"Only Chakras can grab onto Chakras. That's common sense!" Killer Bee
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:02   Link #33
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Been reading whatcha sayin, but it's a bit of semantics. Sasuke's base philosophy is that he will use any means neccessary. This means yes to oro, curse seal, and sharingan. Personally I'm ALMOST surpriesed he doesn't have MS already except for the fact that he would have to kill the main character of the manga to get it.
That said, this last fight was not DEPENDENT on sharingan. If it had been the third hokage fighting, or shikamaru, I doubt the fact that lightning chakra diffusing bombs would have gone overlooked. Also from diedara's standpoint he was protecting himself against what he thought was sharingan. He hid his handseals, and refrained from using his eyes so that he would be resistant to the genjutsu. Like I said before, just cuz you can see whats happening doesn't mean you know what's happeneing. If sasuke hadn't pourposely been looking for openings, he would've gotten creamed.
And again, how is it not being dependant if he'd be unable to see the chakra in those nano-bombs without the Sharingan? Yes he is willing to do anything to kill Itachi. Thats why some of us dislike him, on top of the fact that he doesn't have a hard time because of his background.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 15:58   Link #34
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler img 2:
That looks like a giga version of the C-3 clay doll that was used in the fight against Gaara.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:13   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yeah, guess it's a giant explosion, but there are two "arms" extending from the side of the blast. Really wondering why that is.
It referes to the real artist Deidara is loosely based on. There used to be a thread about him but it disapeared with the last forum crash.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:14   Link #36
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
All this complaining about Sharingan...... yeah its cheap and yes, Sasuke abuses it but what happened to just blinding your oppenent like Zabuza did in the wave arc? Is the Sharingan such a favored child that Kishi just forgot to nerf it?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:19   Link #37
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It referes to the real artist Deidara is loosely based on. There used to be a thread about him but it disapeared with the last forum crash.
Yep. This will explain it and show why the arms are there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Okamoto
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:29   Link #38
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
All this complaining about Sharingan...... yeah its cheap and yes, Sasuke abuses it but what happened to just blinding your oppenent like Zabuza did in the wave arc? Is the Sharingan such a favored child that Kishi just forgot to nerf it?
I think he designed it in mind to a point where now confronting him with people that can give him a challenge, he has to keep up the overkill otherwise he'll look like a hypocrite regarding his own invention.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 16:33   Link #39
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Yep. This will explain it and show why the arms are there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Okamoto
Yup, that pretty much answers my question. I knew Deidara got his catch phrase from an artist but I didn't know he actually imitated his artwork. A clever reference.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:09   Link #40
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
dammit... and where's tobi this whole time? He's gonna have some 'splaining to do when he gets back to the akatsuki hideout. And how will akatsuki handle this? I see itachi finally taking things into his own hands. Or maybe that kisame. No not kisame, cause he's too cool to be troubled with a little brat. And the AL really bothers me too. he seems to not care that his precious members are suddenly dying off. I mean, if you think about it, howlong as it been since sasori died till now. I don't think its been all that long, at most maybe 2 months. And akatsuki has been together for years!
__________________
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.