AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 17:33   Link #41
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
dammit... and where's tobi this whole time? He's gonna have some 'splaining to do when he gets back to the akatsuki hideout. And how will akatsuki handle this? I see itachi finally taking things into his own hands. Or maybe that kisame. No not kisame, cause he's too cool to be troubled with a little brat. And the AL really bothers me too. he seems to not care that his precious members are suddenly dying off. I mean, if you think about it, howlong as it been since sasori died till now. I don't think its been all that long, at most maybe 2 months. And akatsuki has been together for years!
They're villains they don't give a shit about eachother.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:52   Link #42
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
dammit... and where's tobi this whole time? He's gonna have some 'splaining to do when he gets back to the akatsuki hideout. And how will akatsuki handle this? I see itachi finally taking things into his own hands. Or maybe that kisame. No not kisame, cause he's too cool to be troubled with a little brat. And the AL really bothers me too. he seems to not care that his precious members are suddenly dying off. I mean, if you think about it, howlong as it been since sasori died till now. I don't think its been all that long, at most maybe 2 months. And akatsuki has been together for years!
Well, in fact I was hoping that DD would survive this because I find troublesome that an Akatsuki member would die "for free". In the case of Hidan an Kakuzu, at least someone from Konoha also died. And well, there was a whole team that was assembled with the sole purpose of avenging him, so we expected at least one Akatsuki down back there.

Here we have a 1-1 battle that will not affect the story line. Kishi is going to sacrifice an Akatsuki (maybe) just to show how Sasuke fights. I mean, these guys intended to take over the world and they die in a 1-1 fight????

Of course I'm not the author, but it doesn't make sense to me.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 18:07   Link #43
Sazelyt
F i n

So, Deidara's character is going to disappear with its creator's most famous work (or one of). I don't know what he thinks of the meaning of art. But, that thing, is just an empty container with no soul. It is like what the last line says. Art is a bang for Deidara, nothing else as the simplest meaning for those words suggest, the shape of what he created does not matter as long as it explodes to your face. (I wonder what the original source of sharingan is, maybe we can guess its final form just before its disappearance.)

And that thing coming out of Deidara surprised me (alien reborn in Naruto). It might be just another mouth (maybe not the last one). Still, that looks like the original mouth, and maybe the others are just the extension of this main one. Anyway, this fight really dragged on, with nothing more than the repetition of either the bangs or chidori/sharingan. I am glad that it will most likely to finish with the next chapter. We can just conclude this fight with once again the sharingan is the winner with the opponent is nothing more than a stepping stone, with no brain attached to it...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 19:22   Link #44
othafa

WTF are you talking about no brain? Deidara was remarkably intelligent in this fight. We've never seen someone manhandle Dou-genjutsu so well before. Furthermore, he was able to cause Sasuke's chakra to become nearly depleted.

@ whoever said it's only been like two months
Think more like 3-4. There was the arc where Sai and Yamato were introduced. That was at least 3 weeks, since it was 10 days to the meeting anyway. Then we can easily assume a small rest before the 20 teams were deployed. Lets say that it was 5 weeks before Asuma even died. Another week for sealing two tailed beasts. Then they get tracked down rather quickly, but then Naruto completely effs up his hand. Add however much time it takes for complete nerve damage or whatever, but I'd say the bare minimum for that kind of damage is a month, so thats a min of 2.5 months total. But think what you want, if your estimates are different.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 20:02   Link #45
Sazelyt
F i n

Against Sharinganified Uchiha they are portrayed as brainless. If you have a problem with that then you should knock Kishi's door not mine.

And you may ask, what could he have done to show that he has brain? For beginners, he should have used his C4 at the beginning of the fight, rather than extending the fight longer enough to allow the sharingan dominate and uncover the secrets of his jutsus. Those intelligent(!) ninjas, despite their previous embarrassing Uchiha engagements, are shouting "find my weak point" or "sharingan me" all through the fight.

I am eagerly waiting for the next (ex-)Akatsuki genius(!), who has a previous Uchiha encounter, to show up just for the sake of being another stepping stone for Itachi's dear brother...
Old 2007-07-11, 20:19   Link #46
othafa

In this world, it is obvious that people continue to attempt to save their master techniques, because even if they win, there may be witnesses in some capacity. As a matter of fact, its shown to be a bizarre circumstance when someone ignores that aspect of the ninja world, as demonstrated by the Aburame clan. Shino specifically stated that his clan went all out against all opponents all the time. This wouldn't need to be stated if people didn't have reasons for holding back. Don't hold it against Deidara for holding back. He demonstrated his intellectual prowess in this fight by thinking no less than 4 steps ahead, which is farther ahead than Kakashi and about as far as the newly adapted Naruto think. Thats not shikamaru's level, but its pretty damn good. Unfortunately, with the sharingan as your opponent, you're handicapped about 1.5 steps due to the insane level of insight, and Sasuke appears to be about at Kakashi's level by now. Sure, the sharingan was the difference maker in this fight, but it seems reasonable to conclude that Deidara fought this fight more cleverly than Sasuke did. No reason to call him brainless, even in the face of the sharingan.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 20:20   Link #47
workingclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
Well, in fact I was hoping that DD would survive this because I find troublesome that an Akatsuki member would die "for free". In the case of Hidan an Kakuzu, at least someone from Konoha also died. And well, there was a whole team that was assembled with the sole purpose of avenging him, so we expected at least one Akatsuki down back there.

Here we have a 1-1 battle that will not affect the story line. Kishi is going to sacrifice an Akatsuki (maybe) just to show how Sasuke fights. I mean, these guys intended to take over the world and they die in a 1-1 fight????

Of course I'm not the author, but it doesn't make sense to me.

also doesnt make sense that sasuke beat oro either but he did. and that was one on one as well
workingclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 20:23   Link #48
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

all i realy want to see one one situation or lets say a fight withh one of the Uchiha brother get owned while using there sharigan(itachi by the leader would be perfect)
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 21:30   Link #49
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Poor Deidara, the good always die so young (and always with a big bang /pun intended/ ). Oh well, I say kill of the last androginous character in the series and move on to more important characters, like Tobi and the last un-named Akatsuki members. I'll give Deidara credit though, he certainly lasted quite a while against the ever-annoying Sharingan. Bet ya that if he dies in this upcoming chapter his popularity would skyrocket.
Old 2007-07-11, 21:53   Link #50
Monkey D. Luffy

Deidara don't dieSeriously such a good fight for him just to be beaten by the dang sharingan and of course perfect Sasuke, it's a nice surprise deidara has another mouth but he had to have something else left for his final bang. Lets see what else happnes in this chapter.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 21:59   Link #51
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

anyone have another spoiler read?

To all that are complaining about Saskue and Itachi using the sharingan too much, i ask you this question (pretend you are in naruto land for a moment) if you had an insanly awsome hereditary power that allowed you to pwn basically everyone you had to, would you not use it? stop whining on the buts and the whys about saskue using the sharingan, but look at the bigger picture: he does it because he can. And probably so would you.

-I hope that tobi finally does something usefull. I want to see him. Even though he is inteded for comic releif and there is no chance whatso ever of him doing anything at the moment, i think it would be awsome if he got some more "screen time."
- I also hope that diedara dies (he will!) and other akatsuki members show up and hate on him at the end of the chapter. That would be funny.

saskue should have a rediculous transformation in my opinion just as diedara (i believe that was him in the spoiler pic) has. I wish this will be the final batlte scene so we can move on with the rest of the manga.
Old 2007-07-11, 22:01   Link #52
yungz21

i bet if kakashi had killed DD with the MS nobody would be complaining but the sheer fact sasuke kills somone using the sharingan although it did not declare the winner of this battle. people bitch and complain

sasuke was owning people before he even got the sharingan
Old 2007-07-11, 22:30   Link #53
Ulquiorra
Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungz21 View Post
What? He wasn't owning Haku. This was also the same guy that got his clock cleaned by Lee and needed the sharingan to steal his moves. I can't even imagine where Sasuke would be without the sharingan, CS, and Oro's training.

Sasuke and Uchiha fanboys have to realize that people who hated Sasuke before are now going to hate him a 1,000 times more. He just defeated one of the most popular characters in the manga and relied on his oh so special it can do anything uber technique to do it. He is almost a living god now and a lot of people are going to hate a character like that. Just like there are a bunch of people who like those type of Mary Sue characters.

So it's not worth getting worked up about. The Narutofans vs. Sasukefans wars have gotten silly anyway.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 22:39   Link #54
yungz21

personally my fav character is rocklee because of the fact he has no jutsus but most of you guys are so biased towards sasuke its stupid because their fav character is someone who uses someone elses chakra every fight and never fights on his pwn because an actual god is controlling his every punch and kick
Old 2007-07-11, 22:53   Link #55
Kakosan

Quote:
Ehhhh... Sasuke had the sharingan since the first arc in Naruto...
And well, it's not his fault to use the sharingan, I'll agree with Bari_Phillis regarding the fact that if you have an ability you'll obviously use it. No problem with that. The point is that Kishi is giving too much credit to just one ability: the almighty sharingan.

There's no fun in it, at least that's why I'm not happy with this, and that's why I've also been complaining lately. I'd prefer to see a flaw in the sharingan to give Sasuke some room for improvement, or to seek support on his teammates (this is not the first time that I've said this, and I'll repeat it again: I'd love to see Hebi fighting as a TEAM). I had hopes when DD was able to avoid the sharingan for a moment, but then all the "I can see the color of the chakra, even if it is underground, inside my body, or whatever" came and ruined everything.

One of the things that I like about Naruto is that he always needs improvement (sometimes it even feels that he needs to overcome something impossible). That's more interesting for me, but hey!... that's only me.
Old 2007-07-11, 22:58   Link #56
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
personally my fav character is rocklee because of the fact he has no jutsus but most of you guys are so biased towards sasuke its stupid because their fav character is someone who uses someone elses chakra every fight and never fights on his pwn because an actual god is controlling his every punch and kick

I like Rock Lee too and I also think there's too much complaining about Sasuke and how ever he fights. I could care less w/e Sasuke does, let him do his own thing and Naruto do his thing.

I'll disagree with you on the way you are describing Naruto, if you are gonna call people biased doesn't help when you bash a character yourself whiles stating incorrect and incomplete statements. Naruto has come a far way, it doesn't look like it cause of the huge progress Sasuke is making but he has.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 23:07   Link #57
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
And that thing coming out of Deidara surprised me (alien reborn in Naruto). It might be just another mouth (maybe not the last one). Still, that looks like the original mouth, and maybe the others are just the extension of this main one.
I was surprised also about that mouth, one thing I notice in the spoiler pic, it looks as if the mouth in Deidara chest is keep sewed with some Thread. not to mention some weird makings that looks like some kind of seal.
Old 2007-07-11, 23:08   Link #58
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
What? He wasn't owning Haku. This was also the same guy that got his clock cleaned by Lee and needed the sharingan to steal his moves.
Quite true... now, changing the subject, I understood Naruto's and Sakura's urgency to bring Sasuke back when we was in "peril" due to Orochimaru. But now, I'm not clear about the real objective of all this. Is it just to kill Itachi first?? to help Sasuke?? Because I don't see Sasuke accepting help for Konoha by now... and to bring Sasuke back doesn't really make sense now that he is "free" to go wherever he wants.

Well, there's an additional reason to kill Itachi (from Natuto and Sakura's standpoint): he's after Naruto. It would be nice if they join forces, but I don't see it coming...
Old 2007-07-11, 23:13   Link #59
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
Quite true... now, changing the subject, I understood Naruto's and Sakura's urgency to bring Sasuke back when we was in "peril" due to Orochimaru. But now, I'm not clear about the real objective of all this. Is it just to kill Itachi first?? to help Sasuke?? Because I don't see Sasuke accepting help for Konoha by now... and to bring Sasuke back doesn't really make sense now that he is "free" to go wherever he wants.

Well, there's an additional reason to kill Itachi (from Natuto and Sakura's standpoint): he's after Naruto. It would be nice if they join forces, but I don't see it coming...
That's an interesting point, but now I'm beginning to wonder if Sasuke should even attempt to go after Itachi if he's having this much trouble against Deidra. Really I think if he's having this much trouble against Deidra I expect he'll have even more trouble against the other Akatsuki members much less Itachi himself
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 23:19   Link #60
Sazelyt
F i n

Now, it has become somewhat obvious why Kishi decided to make Deidara have a female-ish look: the mouth around the chest area doing the job of extremely-developed breasts wouldn't fit the image of a typical male.