AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-12, 10:49   Link #81
Kotengu
KING RANSOM
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Location Location!
Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
I agree with what you said about Lee. I love how during the chuunin exam arc, even Neji was asking Lee for his take on attacks and stuff. He apparently has excellent analytic skills.
of course when it comes to taijutsu lee would prolly understand alot just by looking since he did it for so long. But that ONE instsance it think it was prolly cuz neji wasn't using byakugan. Otherwise he prolly would have seen chakra going into Kabuto's ear. Pluss he still thought of lee as a dropout. . . .

I wonder if byakugan can see what type of elemental chakra you're gonna mold? That might come in more handy than having to watch handseals with sharingan. . .
__________________
"Only Chakras can grab onto Chakras. That's common sense!" Killer Bee
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 11:39   Link #82
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
Deidara was a bad match up for Sasuke (sounds familiar no?). Sasuke's lightining affinity works as a perfect defense against Deidara's bombs.
If Deidara hadn't given Sasuke the chance to determine the origin of his jutsu, it would have stayed as a bad match-up. If Deidara would have taken a hint about Sharingan from Kakashi and Itachi, it would have been a bad match-up for Sasuke. If Deidara would have acted as a ninja, who is not damn willingful to create a matchup against Sharingan, it would have been a bad match-up for Sasuke. If the second rocker-on-pot wouldn't have allowed to drag the fight that long to allow Sharingan to find counter measures against the art-bang, it would have been a bad match-up for Sasuke.

In short, Kishi is the god of Naruto universe, and as long that god doesn't cry for help, there will be no bad match-up for Sasuke in this universe other than Itachi. This fight is a nice proof of that.

And, let me repeat once again. Deidara didn't act like an intelligent ninja in this fight. He had many chances to use C4 before Sasuke had the chance to counter it. It never happened. And if someone is going to counter argue with Sasuke not using his Sharingan's genjutsu, then consider that, Deidara is the one who attacked first, and he would have attacked with C4 first, giving almost no chance to Sasuke to survive. (maybe the working-kind of first attacks are only allowed for Sasuke)
Quote:
I think Deidara would have killed Itachi with C4....
Deidara would have killed any Uchiha with that bomb, just like any Uchiha would have survived the bomb because of Deidara's intelligence(!).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 12:01   Link #83
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
It's true that sasuke wouldn't have won without sharingan. But it's also true that Diedara was fighting in a way to specifically countering sharingan. Personally I don't know of anyone besides neji(gara should have won to) who would even be able to counter a full power diedara.
How would Neji be able to counter a full powered Deidara? He wouldn't have a prayer. Neji is nowhere near the level of these guys. Neither is his dad. He doesn't have Sasuke's brain nor does he have his abilities like the curse seal. The byakugan would have been helpful in this fight, but it wouldn't make much of a difference. Sure, he could see the mines and the nano-bombs, but he can't see the type of chakra being used nor read Deidara's headseals. Sasuke can because of the sharingan.

Sasuke was also only able to counter the C4 because of the chidori. Another bad matchup for the Akatsuki. An earth type vs. a lightening type. Advantage Sasuke. Poor Deidara. He worked so hard on trying to overcome the sharingan. He just never thought there would be an Uchiha out there with a lightening affinity.

I don't know of anyone outside of the sannin and a few Akatsuki who could have fought Deidara like this. Shikamaru could have figured out Deidara's jutsu in a second, but he still lacks the ability to counter it. Kakashi has the ability, but might have run out of chakra by the time Deidara used the C4. Deidara should have easily been able to outsmart Naruto. Only a few characters could have won this type of fight.
__________________
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 12:20   Link #84
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
How would Neji be able to counter a full powered Deidara? He wouldn't have a prayer. Neji is nowhere near the level of these guys. Neither is his dad. He doesn't have Sasuke's brain nor does he have his abilities like the curse seal. The byakugan would have been helpful in this fight, but it wouldn't make much of a difference. Sure, he could see the mines and the nano-bombs, but he can't see the type of chakra being used nor read Deidara's headseals. Sasuke can because of the sharingan.

Sasuke was also only able to counter the C4 because of the chidori. Another bad matchup for the Akatsuki. An earth type vs. a lightening type. Advantage Sasuke. Poor Deidara. He worked so hard on trying to overcome the sharingan. He just never thought there would be an Uchiha out there with a lightening affinity.

I don't know of anyone outside of the sannin and a few Akatsuki who could have fought Deidara like this. Shikamaru could have figured out Deidara's jutsu in a second, but he still lacks the ability to counter it. Kakashi has the ability, but might have run out of chakra by the time Deidara used the C4. Deidara should have easily been able to outsmart Naruto. Only a few characters could have won this type of fight.
He doesn't have Sasuke's brain? He is a genius in his own right and has shown leadership qualities and intellect. That's like saying just because Shikamaru isn't an Uchiha and doesn't have the Sharingan he can't compare even though his IQ is what it is. Neji's Byakugan can see the chakra in jutsu like C4 much better (and from all directions, AND from a larger distance) than Sharingan and avoid the cloud accordingly. You're saying the Sharingan could see the handseals and Byakugan can't even though Deidara tried hiding them from view and Byakugan can see through objects? It wasn't ever stated if Sasuke could see the "type of chakra" Deidara was using so I don't know what you're talking about there. He knew Deidara had an Earth element affinity because of the handseals he tried to conceal, not by the "type of chakra". Please don't boost Sharingan's effects during this fight when they don't exist. If anything, Byakugan should be able to see "types of chakra" better than Sharingan because of its innate ability to see chakra already.

Lets give Neji CS level 2 and see how well he does hmm?

Last edited by That Other Ninja; 2007-07-12 at 12:35.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 13:24   Link #85
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
And, let me repeat once again. Deidara didn't act like an intelligent ninja in this fight. He had many chances to use C4 before Sasuke had the chance to counter it. It never happened.
Ah yes, he should've just used his most powerful attack from the very beginning. I guess we should call Naruto an idiot too, because he doesn't begin every fight by summoning Gamabunta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If Deidara hadn't given Sasuke the chance to determine the origin of his jutsu, it would have stayed as a bad match-up.
So he should've realized from the beginning that Sasuke happened to be a lightning type and that he possessed a jutsu powerful enough destroy all the C4 in his body?


Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja
He doesn't have Sasuke's brain? He is a genius in his own right and has shown leadership qualities and intellect. That's like saying just because Shikamaru isn't an Uchiha and doesn't have the Sharingan he can't compare even though his IQ is what it is. Neji's Byakugan can see the chakra in jutsu like C4 much better (and from all directions, AND from a larger distance) than Sharingan and avoid the cloud accordingly.
I agree Neji has the intellect and talent, but without lightning affinity or a way to extend his attack range I don't see him having much of a chance against Deidara. Sasuke had a lot of other things going for him this fight besides just doujutsu.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 13:27   Link #86
BlackShinobi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
This elemental affinity thing is a little ridiculous. It's now pointless to be more skilled than another ninja if your elemental affinity is his weakness. Say Konohamaru also had a lighting affinity like Sasuke, does that mean he would also be able to defeat deidara even though he's just a genin and Deidara is an s-class ninja working for akatsuki? I feel if it wasn't for the elemental weakness, Deidara would have been vitorious.
__________________
Minato Namizake ~ Formerly known as...

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-07-12 at 15:51.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 13:33   Link #87
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
LOL, I just can’t help to notice the irony on those who defended that Naruto won fair and square against Kakuuzu, and that Kakuuzu was not dumb down for Naruto, and now are saying that Deidara did not act smart, when in this case Deidara showed one of the most brilliant type of fighting this series has ever shown. Really Funny.

I can find logical that people that thought that Kakuuzu was dumb down for Naruto see Deidara having a intelligent fight, and Hypocritical those that Say Kakuuzu fight was ok, whereas Dedidara did not fought intelligently.

AS Sabakyu said, credit due to those who deserves, Deidara fought very intelligent here, at the end, Sasuke just fought as Intelligent as he did plus he had the sharingan on his side.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 13:49   Link #88
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ah yes, he should've just used his most powerful attack from the very beginning. I guess we should call Naruto an idiot too, because he doesn't begin every fight by summoning Gamabunta.
Ha ha, yes. Deidara should have used his powerful weapon at first, if he really wanted to kill an opponent, who has what he fears the most, an ability to find his weakness. For your knowledge, Naruto cannot be considered as very intelligent when it comes to fighting, he goes with the flow. And, Gamabunta is not something that is typically used against a single opponent, as the first attack, unless that other opponent has a summon ready waiting for Naruto. But, if you think he would be an idiot to not use that at the beginning, may the god be with you...
Quote:
So he should've realized from the beginning that Sasuke happened to be a lightning type and that he possessed a jutsu powerful enough destroy all the C4 in his body?
I am starting to wonder if I am writing sentences that are really too difficult to understand, that is if I am the source of that problem...

Anyways, Deidara should have known the abilities of Sharingan to some extent, including the genjutsu, and hand seals. He should be aware that Sasuke happens to know lightning jutsus (even the typical villagers, who had seen his Chuunin exam fight, were aware of that), and that was around 3 years ago. Deidara should have known Sharingan has abilities that he cannot be sure of, after observing what Kakashi, a mere Uchiha imitation did. Deidara should approach by knowing that Oro lost to Sasuke. Yes, if he really had wanted to kill Sasuke risk-free, he should have used his attack at the beginning, without giving Sasuke the chance to uncover the secrets of his jutsu - which was highly possible, if he was aware of Sharingan abilities. Considering his obsession with sharingan, he should be an idiot lower than Hidan to not know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
LOL, I just can’t help to notice the irony on those who defended that Naruto won fair and square against Kakuuzu, and that Kakuuzu was not dumb down for Naruto, and now are saying that Deidara did not act smart, when in this case Deidara showed one of the most brilliant type of fighting this series has ever shown. Really Funny.
I don't really like to go over the same things over and over again. There are obvious differences between those two fights. First, neither Kakuzu nor Hidan would have expected this kind of strength from Konoha weaklings. Deidara knew Sasuke beat Oro and he was a strong Uchiha with Sharingan. Second, Kakuzu was fighting against many not just Naruto, and he was already handicapped. Deidara was fighting against only Sasuke and he had someone together with him, that would have helped if he asked. Oh, and he didn't have any handicap, at the beginning. Thirdly, Kakuzu and Hidan were the ones that were put in the defensive mode first, Deidara is the one who attacked first. For me, it is really boring to go over this issue again and again, even though you can easily fill in the blanks yourself, and see the differences yourself quite clearly.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-07-12 at 14:00.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:00   Link #89
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
You shouldn't bother on Sazelyt on this one except if you arg for the pleasure of arguing, you know he would have found something to say about this fight no matter what as long as it depained Sasuke's victory.

If anything the fact that the only argument he can come with is Deidara was dumbed down because he didn't use his strongest move as an opening shows how good this fight was ^^
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:03   Link #90
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
LOL, I just canít help to notice the irony on those who defended that Naruto won fair and square against Kakuuzu, and that Kakuuzu was not dumb down for Naruto, and now are saying that Deidara did not act smart, when in this case Deidara showed one of the most brilliant type of fighting this series has ever shown. Really Funny.

I can find logical that people that thought that Kakuuzu was dumb down for Naruto see Deidara having a intelligent fight, and Hypocritical those that Say Kakuuzu fight was ok, whereas Dedidara did not fought intelligently.

AS Sabakyu said, credit due to those who deserves, Deidara fought very intelligent here, at the end, Sasuke just fought as Intelligent as he did plus he had the sharingan on his side.
Talk about giving credit where credit is due. Its as I said (at least originally back on page 3). But thats ok, I just found the irony a little funny there. Also, on an unrelated note, I went to mod up your reputation Rurik, since I agree with you so rarely, but it tells me that I couldn't mod you up because I already moded you down a little while ago .

Anyway, @Sazelyt

Now you're saying Naruto isn't a smart fighter?!? Hes absolutely brilliant, its just that no one gives him credit. Think about how he tricked Zabuza, how he tricked the rain genin, how he tricked kiba, how he tricked neji...

If you think its smart to use your master technique first in every fight, then you wouldn't survive long in the Naruto universe. You're giving away information, which is supremely stupid.

Furthermore, don't go on talking about how Deidara should know this and Deidara should know that. He certainly shouldn't have concluded that Sasuke used lightning jutsu; how could he? The bottom line is that the only aspect of the sharingan that we've ever seen Deidara come into contact with is Itachi's genjutsu, so that the only thing that Deidara should know, and he countered it remarkably well. The rest of your assumptions are just that, assumptions.

If you think Deidara wasn't smart in this fight, more power to you, but you're the only one defending your point, and you certainly aren't convincing anyone else.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:04   Link #91
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
You shouldn't bother on Sazelyt on this one except if you arg for the pleasure of arguing, you know he would have found something to say about this fight no matter what as long as it depained Sasuke's victory.
You should also remember I didn't make this argument only for Deidara. For Sasuke not using his Sharingan's real ability early in the fight and not finishing Deidara earlier was another "dumbed down" issue. Like it or not that is the truth.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:08   Link #92
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is nothing in your whole post showing Deidara acting stupidly considering his current knowledge, hence he isn't dumbed down. Just as Sasuke's actions were perfectly logical (the only tendentious point would be why he didn't use Sharingan Genjutsu from the very start just after Deidara's very surprise attack).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The issue here is that fans who dislike the character wanted to see Sasuke beaten, humiliated then bailed out by Kakashi or one of his teammates. Once it was clear that wasn't going to happen they were ready to call Deidara's strategies dumbed down, though he's shown a level of strategy precaution not seen by any other opponent. Don't like Sasuke? Fine. But let's give credit where credit is due, Deidara was a tough opponent.
Ok, I can accept what you both are getting at, but lets not go as far as to say I'm not giving any credit to Sasuke or that I hate him, there's been plenty of times on these boards where I have defended Sasuke when I felt the need to. I am a very Neutral person, when I feel the need to defend some one or something I will.

With that said, I definitely give Sasuke credit for defeating Deidara. However, I just felt like it was an absolute defeat (before the last chapter, even though I knew Sasuke would win this fight, it didnít feel or even seem like an absolute win, and it felt like Deidara actually had a chance) while others may feel Deidara put up a tough fight, to me it just seemed wasted after the information given last chapter because Deidara was playing in Sasuke's hands the whole time.

All I'm saying is, I too enjoyed this fight and I still like the way it turned out, but I didnít like how Kishimoto "fooled" us in to believing that Deidara actually had a chance just to turn it in to an absolute defeat in the end. I feel like Sasuke did not get the run for his money, considering Sasuke's damage to his body was done by him self, considering his revelation of how early on he had actually "won", and the whole time Deidara played in to Sasuke's hand like a puppet.

However, I understand that there are people who donít feel it was an absolute defeat, I just can't see how considering it really was an absolute defeat right from the very start, we just didnít know it because Kishimoto did it right.
__________________
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:09   Link #93
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I don't really like to go over the same things over and over again. There are obvious differences between those two fights. First, neither Kakuzu nor Hidan would have expected this kind of strength from Konoha weaklings. Deidara knew Sasuke beat Oro and he was a strong Uchiha with Sharingan. Second, Kakuzu was fighting against many not just Naruto, and he was already handicapped. Deidara was fighting against only Sasuke and he had someone together with him, that would have helped if he asked. Oh, and he didn't have any handicap, at the beginning. Thirdly, Kakuzu and Hidan were the ones that were put in the defensive mode first, Deidara is the one who attacked first. For me, it is really boring to go over this issue again and again, even though you can easily fill in the blanks yourself, and see the differences yourself quite clearly.
The only difference here I see is simple, the one I victory is Sasuke, some people are annoyed by this, so the Should have, could have, did not do this, etc will appear, difference from the Kakuuzu vs Naruto, no one was expecting for Kakuuzu to win, everyone admitted that Naruto was going to do so, but in the case of Sasuke, it seems people wanted Sasuke to be defeated and in your particular case, killed.

And, one more thing, Don’t bring here the excuse that Kakuuzu reason he lost was because he was handicapped, that was not even what I was talking about, I was talking about the fact that many defended that Kakuuzu fell for that trick because Naruto tactic was that smart. If you are going to say that was intelligent, and then say Deidaira did not fought intelligent, you are just being bias.

Yeah in a real life fight Deidara would had used the C4 since the beggining, but this is a fighting Manga where usuallly the characters reserve their strongest move for last, regardless of the situation, specially those who are the ones that are destined to loose.

If you are asking for everyone to resort to their strongest move since the beginning of the fight, then the fight just going to be really short…(as in one page short) and it would just be a dull and uninteresting fight.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -

Last edited by Rurik; 2007-07-12 at 14:20.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:33   Link #94
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Using your strongest jutsu at the beginning of a battle is a bad idea because most character's strongest jutsu leaves them drained and weakened. Since it ain't safe for a nin out there, it's best to save your strongest for when you really need to use it.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:41   Link #95
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja Dojo
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I agree Neji has the intellect and talent, but without lightning affinity or a way to extend his attack range I don't see him having much of a chance against Deidara. Sasuke had a lot of other things going for him this fight besides just doujutsu.
Consider that Kaiten is basically a dome of chakra around Neji, coupled with his ability (logically speaking) to be able to see the nano-bomb's chakra better than Sasuke, he can blow them up before they reach his body. Unlike Chidori Nagashi that is basically just bursts of electricity around him, Kaiten envelops Neji completely. And the bomb explosions aren't huge they're at the microscopic level. Does Neji really need lightning in this case? I don't think he does. Although the cloud of C4 might be too immense for him to Kaiten through all of it. Just saying though, he has some defensive measure against it. Or hell, maybe he can push them away with his Hakke Kuushou like a burst of wind? They are just floating particles after all.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:42   Link #96
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0
Ok, I can accept what you both are getting at, but lets not go as far as to say I'm not giving any credit to Sasuke or that I hate him, there's been plenty of times on these boards where I have defended Sasuke when I felt the need to. I am a very Neutral person, when I feel the need to defend some one or something I will.
Actually 0TaKu0 I'm not "defending" the character of Sasuke here, I'm defending Deidara. I think you sell him short and undermine the way he fought. I would be happy if most of Naruto's vilains were half as tricky as what he has shown here.

Yes Kishimoto "tricked" us into believing Deidara had the upper whereas in truth it was Sasuke... Just like he tricked us thinking Sasuke had the upperhand whereas Deidara had Sasuke fooled with his Genjutsu trick.
In the end Sasuke did have the last laught but I can't believe you see this as an absolute defeat. If such was the case Sasuke wouldn't be bleeding on the ground right now, he would have defeated Deidara in a few pages without a scratch like some people were predicting.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
You should also remember I didn't make this argument only for Deidara. For Sasuke not using his Sharingan's real ability early in the fight and not finishing Deidara earlier was another "dumbed down" issue. Like it or not that is the truth.
And so was Lee not putting Kunai into Gaara's eyes to bypass the armor of sand and dozens of things like that but this is a shounen manga, the combats are never 100% realistic, not even close, and it's always easier to come with different way to win when you know the abilities of both fighters and know how they reacted.

Oh and I don't really believe Sasuke using Genjutsu sooner would have really changed anything either.
Sasuke would have attacked Tobi to interogate Deidara would could have escaped Genjutsu just like what happened... except sooner.
You can always change bit and bit of fight and then make a little fanfiction to say what could have happened but all in all I find the discrepancies of this fight very small and smaller than the usual in any case.


The truth is (since I do arg for the sake of it :P) that I don't even find your example particulary good here. Deidara using C4 from the start wouldn't have changed much. Sasuke is still able to see chakra, he's still able to understand he has to avoid it, he's still able to interpret the handseals and even if he can't be as sure as he was about the bombs he can still get it a try to save his skin as a last ressort.

edit : I forgot this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
You should also remember I didn't make this argument only for Deidara. For Sasuke not using his Sharingan's real ability early in the fight and not finishing Deidara earlier was another "dumbed down" issue. Like it or not that is the truth.
Yes of course but this has nothing to do with "fairness" it's just your second trend : showing that the Sharingan is stupidly powerful to the point Kishimoto has to avoid using it (which I can't really disagree even if I think you push this too far).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 14:52   Link #97
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The truth is (since I do arg for the sake of it :P) that I don't even find your example particulary good here. Deidara using C4 from the start wouldn't have changed much. Sasuke is still able to see chakra, he's still able to understand he has to avoid it, he's still able to interpret the handseals and even if he can't be as sure as he was about the bombs he can still get it a try to save his skin as a last ressort.
The main reason Sasuke avoided C4 is because he saw the handseals and thought of something to defend against that (after observing a few samples throughout the fight). That wouldn't happen at the beginning of the fight. And even if Sasuke would have tried something randomly, and the randomness would have make him use Chidori on himself, you should accept, that kind of defense is not something Sasuke would easily survive early in the fight, because of the huge risk it brings.

So, unlike what you think, C4 at the beginning would have changed the course of the fight dramatically. Something like what happened to Oro in his brief fight against Sasuke. Then, I would have liked to see how Sasuke would get out of that hole, he was in. For me, if he would survive that, it would have a much greater impact compared to the current one. Well, I don't expect everyone to enjoy that way. Some people cannot take their eyes away from the fireworks even if it would spray poisonous gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
The only difference here I see is simple, the one I victory is Sasuke, some people are annoyed by this, so the Should have, could have, did not do this, etc will appear, difference from the Kakuuzu vs Naruto, no one was expecting for Kakuuzu to win, everyone admitted that Naruto was going to do so, but in the case of Sasuke, it seems people wanted Sasuke to be defeated and in your particular case, killed.
You are mistaken about something. I don't mind any kind of bad character to die in the story as long as it is not portrayed bad, that includes Sasuke. And, I am also aware he is not going to die early (wanting and expecting are two different things). Still, that doesn't mean I should approve the way he wins. You might ask yourself, why Naruto still hasn't won a fight against a very strong ninja alone, despite having all the equipment needed? By giving god-like abilities, such as using the Kyuubified mode by fully keeping the conscious and being able to use the jutsus again consciously, that could have happened quite easily, if the author would have tried to transfer some favor from Sasuke towards Naruto.
Quote:
And, one more thing, Don’t bring here the excuse that Kakuzu reason he lost was because he was handicapped, that was not even what I was talking about, I was talking about the fact that many defended that Kakuuzu fell for that trick because Naruto tactic was that smart. If you are going to say that was intelligent, and then say Deidaira did not fought intelligent, you are just being bias.
You are talking about a single moment of the fight, I am talking about the whole course of the fight. Of course, I have to bring out all related parts of that fight. Kakuzu falling for the trick can be justified just like Deidara also falling for Sharingan despite saying he is prepared against it. When I try to look at the fight as a whole and after seeing what Deidara is capable of, him not using C4 at the beginning is a very crucial mistake - and without having any handicap doing such mistake is usually considered a bit stupid -, whether you accept it or not, not comparable to what Kakuzu did, which happened "during" the fight.
Quote:
Yeah in a real life fight Deidara would had used the C4 since the beggining, but this is a fighting Manga where usuallly the characters reserve their strongest move for last, regardless of the situation, specially those who are the ones that are destined to loose.
And that is why Sasuke used one of his strongest moves against Orochimaru before the fight begins to disable Oro's movements. Shikamaru's group also tried to do the same. If you want to be fair, expect the same from others. And, C4 may not even be considered as his strongest move (he doesn't have to create a giant statue to use it perfectly), it depends on the circumstance against the thing you are fighting. C4 is a perfect sneaky attack.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-07-12 at 15:20.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 15:20   Link #98
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Now that I see the debate about Sharigan and the C4....


I’m confuse about one thing, Isn’t Sharingan able to decipher the elemental affinity of the Jutsu without the need of seen the Handseals? Wasn’t that what Kakashi did when he stabbed Kakuuzu with his Chidory?
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 15:23   Link #99
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Iím confuse about one thing, Isnít Sharingan able to decipher the elemental affinity of the Jutsu without the need of seen the Handseals? Wasnít that what Kakashi did when he stabbed Kakuuzu with his Chidory?
I believe Kakashi saw the handseals of Kakuzu before using his body strengthening jutsu.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 15:28   Link #100
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Consider that Kaiten is basically a dome of chakra around Neji, coupled with his ability (logically speaking) to be able to see the nano-bomb's chakra better than Sasuke, he can blow them up before they reach his body. Unlike Chidori Nagashi that is basically just bursts of electricity around him, Kaiten envelops Neji completely. And the bomb explosions aren't huge they're at the microscopic level. Does Neji really need lightning in this case? I don't think he does. Although the cloud of C4 might be too immense for him to Kaiten through all of it. Just saying though, he has some defensive measure against it. Or hell, maybe he can push them away with his Hakke Kuushou like a burst of wind? They are just floating particles after all.
You're only talking about ways he could counter the C4 and he would still be screwed with that attack if Deidara unleashed it at point-blank range. But thinking about, it does seem like he'd have a much better chance than most Konoha nin.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.